Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

What made you choose this forum?

Read 12253 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      What made you choose this forum?
      Jan 13, 2009 08:41:18 pm
      Interested to see what made people on this forum choose this one over the other several Liverpool forums.

For me it was the presentation and the look of the place that appealed to me at first, but I've since realised it's a great place to have discussion and very well organised.

Also I'm guessing some people will have posted on another forum at some point so it will be interesting to hear different peoples takes on the reasons why they post here rather than other LFC forums.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,911 posts | 6834 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: What made you choose this forum?
      Reply #1: Jan 13, 2009 08:49:23 pm
      I was signed up with The tv.Official forum but never really posted but like to read peoples views....It then became irritating..people were just hanging it on other forum members all the time and talking a lot of sh*t.

I looked around a bit not really fussed if I found a new one or not...then discovered this forum in September 06...haven't looked back since.

Don't actually think I could get through a day without having a quick peek on here. It's home  ;D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #2: Jan 13, 2009 10:01:58 pm
      Joined this forum because I got banned from an old one...winding people up was the reason, only and it was only after they wound others up. Taste of their own medicine kind of thing.

Stuck to this one because the "staff" don't let the title (or responsibility) go to their head. They continue to make the forum enjoyable without expecting praise for it which in itself deserves praise. The "non staff" posters tend to have a laugh and by and large know what sarcasm is. Not too many egos on here, which is a rare thing but obviously there's always exceptions.

So I chose this forum for reasons such as that. Two things I love in life are Liverpool and having a laugh, get both here so might as well stick with it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Jan 13, 2009 10:46:48 pm
      Before I signed up here I use to look through a few forums for news and opinions. When I found this one it was the only one I felt like joining because it seemed to have good debates and opinions on Liverpool where other sites seemed to talk a lot of crap or the same 5 topics were constantly posted about, boring really. So the variety of topics here got me to sign up

Once signed up I learned it was even better then I had realised. Theres some proper good debate in here and then theres the non football stuff as well. A bit of everything well organised and well presented

And I was also lucky to meet up with a few members from here who were all genuinely sound people  :ernaehrung004:    :kop5cf8koxp6:
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #4: Jan 13, 2009 10:47:39 pm
      My old forum I use to go on all of a sudden was closed so I went and tested a handful of sites and after about week I decided to stick with this site and never looked back.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Jan 13, 2009 10:58:52 pm
      I was looking for high class hoo...

I was searching for high class goal videos.  ;)

Seriously, I used to enjoy reading the website Anfield Online and then started popping over on to the forum after a while. I used to look at other sites too but I just prefered the vibe, humour and good quality opinions on here, so it ended up my first choice.

So I signed up and......my first post was about Purple Aki.

Hmmm....
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1649 
      Reply #6: Jan 13, 2009 10:59:38 pm
      Caught my mate on Anfield-online once, decided to have a look at that and then took the link to the forum, and haven't felt the need to stray, because I believe this is the best Reds forum on the net.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1649 
      Reply #7: Jan 13, 2009 11:00:25 pm

Seriously, I used to enjoy reading the website Anfield Online and then started popping over on to the forum after a while. I used to look at other sites too but I just prefered the vibe, humour and good quality opinions on here, so it ended up my first choice.

Hmmm....
      And off I go to search.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #8: Jan 13, 2009 11:01:56 pm
      Well I  normally dont sign up to forums, this one just drew me and now I'm nearly always on.The people aren't that bad really  :f_tongueincheek:  It's just funny reading people's frustraing thoughts  during and after matches. And just peoples personality puts a smile on my face.So cheers and here's to the future.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #9: Jan 13, 2009 11:03:51 pm
      my first post was about Purple Aki.

What an introduction post that must of been. ;)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #10: Jan 13, 2009 11:08:26 pm
      Presentation, people, community, being able to have a laugh. All those things made me choose LFCReds.

I've learnt alot here, and I think it's a great community. :)

Every now and then I even look through the old match threads to see people's reactions when we score or concede.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #11: Jan 14, 2009 01:12:30 am
      After working with Wayne and Garth on the extremely succesful Waynestock I continued to be plagued by haunting visions in the night telling me about the need to create a new Liverpool FC Forum to sit alongside Anfield Online.

I was so impressed when it was created that I decided to be the first person to register on here and made myself an admin.  Not long after the voices in my head were replaced by voices on the forum saying things like 'how do I change my avatar' and 'how do I switch the Caps-Lock off on my keyboard'.

Pretty soon after I posted a topic called 'The Rules' and even found some disciples of the Church of Anfield to aid me in the crusade of spreading the message of Liverpool love.

Since then it's been sitting with my feet up on this Caribbean Island, sipping cocktails whilst being fanned by scantily clad beauties.  ::)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #12: Jan 14, 2009 01:16:45 am
      After working with Wayne and Garth on the extremely succesful Waynestock I continued to be plagued by haunting visions in the night telling me about the need to create a new Liverpool FC Forum to sit alongside Anfield Online.

I was so impressed when it was created that I decided to be the first person to register on here and made myself an admin.  Not long after the voices in my head were replaced by voices on the forum saying things like 'how do I change my avatar' and 'how do I switch the Caps-Lock off on my keyboard'.

Pretty soon after I posted a topic called 'The Rules' and even found some disciples of the Church of Anfield to aid me in the crusade of spreading the message of Liverpool love.

Since then it's been sitting with my feet up on this Caribbean Island, sipping cocktails whilst being fanned by scantily clad beauties.  ::)

:lmao:

Skivver!
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #13: Jan 14, 2009 05:07:11 am
      I used to moderate on a Liverpool forum but it was full of idiots, Bitters, Mancs and WUMs.

I read this forum for a while and found that the people (generally) were sound and that the main dsicussion was football.  Loads of great members (and Res ;)  ) and a good craic.

As Billy said, the forum is really well run, too.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #14: Jan 14, 2009 05:14:46 am

Hmmm....

More or less what RK said, without the hookers or Purple Aki. ::)

I originally found the website as I was sick to death of reading atricles about Liverpool on SkySports and god knows what other awful biased websites. I've been living abroad since 2001, but wasn't stupid enough to think all the sh*te they wrote about my beloved club was true.

Anfield Online was full of interesting, non-biased articles, and was the best way of keeping up on the stuff going on behind the scenes that didn't get in the press over here. After that I started browsing the forum occassionally, but it was really the ownership saga that got me starting posting as I was getting more and more annoyed at the way they were dragging the club under whilst we were powerless to stop it - hence my first post of a gravestone with the name Tom Hicks on it.  ;D

I hadn't been on any other forums, but wouldn't have started posting if it wasn't for the quality of the debate on here, as I think Brian said so well earlier. Without knowing it, I had already found the best LFC forum around! ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: Jan 14, 2009 10:16:34 am
      It was the only one who would have me  ;) :lmao:
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #16: Jan 14, 2009 10:30:24 am
      the point that there were some very intelligent, logical posts, and it wasnt ran amok with pointless posts and idiotic comments, and there are a lot more local fans too
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Jan 14, 2009 01:18:35 pm
      I registered on the first one i found, bootroom.com or something like that, but found i got shut down if i had a different opinion to those who were either 'We're so great' after a win or 'Lets sell everyone' after a loss.

I ended up searching for one i'd really like with different opinions, those who like to have a laugh and acceptance. I registered in a few to see how it'd go and found this was the best.

Dont regret a thing, no doubt the best forum discussing the best topic above all.

Just before my queue music goes i want to say thankyou mum, thankyou dad, than... :( :D
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #18: Jan 14, 2009 01:32:17 pm
      If i'm honest I cant actually remember how I found this site  ???

Anyway since I did i keep coming back as its is very friendly and there are some great people on here who post worthwhile threads, admitiedly i'm not on here as much as I used to be as its now banned in work so I can no longer spend my day reading and posting on here but I still try and pop on while at home  :)

Also helps that the way its run is great so top job mods/admins  ;D
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #19: Jan 14, 2009 02:20:02 pm
      I tried a couple of other forums and they were cold, clinical and quite boring.

This one I felt welcomed to and found many informative views and opinions.

Also there are many hilarious characters from all over the world. This feels like 'Home'.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #20: Jan 14, 2009 02:22:19 pm
      What made me choose this forum?

The threats of violence, if I didn't ;)

And some of the other friends I've made since being on here  :angel:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #21: Jan 14, 2009 04:03:04 pm
      I always checked Anfield Online website very frequecntly and i didn't saw the match and i needed to find highlight or goal. One of the website article said that you need to register & i did.

My first few posts were 'Thanks for the goals' ecc. From then i checked it few times a week till i liked it, from then on the first chance to surf the internet i click on the forum.

This is the only forum i have entered & if it stays like this ( i don't have any doubt that it doesn't stay like this) it continue to be the only one.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #22: Jan 14, 2009 05:53:11 pm
      Don't know what made choose this one, there was only JD around when I joined, think I was the first proper member  ;D

February 4th 2006, nearly my 3rd Anniversary  :lmao:

Quick Reply