Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Dropping sponsor this April?

Read 15174 times
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 47 posts |
      Jan 21, 2009 08:15:58 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2009/01/21/afc-liverpool-shirts-honour-the-hillsborough-96-100252-22741095/

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=46247304278&ref=nf

Would be nice to see LFC follow suit and wear a similar message on the shirts for the game nearest the 20th Anniversary, I'm sure Carlsberg could be convinced.

What are peoples opinions on this as a mark of respect and maybe mounting a wider opinion? (maybe start on the main topic board?)
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2009 04:18:41 pm by samdoddsred »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1: Jan 21, 2009 09:20:37 pm
      ^^^ I think that's a wonderful idea.

We play Arsenal at home on the 18th April.

Adidas should bring out a special commemorative 20th Anniversary shirt to mark the occasion and the shirts could be auctioned off afterwards to raise funds for the families of the Hillsborough tragedy.

JFT 96

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Dropping sponsor this April?
      Reply #2: Jan 21, 2009 09:23:39 pm
      Let's face it - there is plenty of ideas the club could do.  I'm sure that shirt ^ would outsell the current third kit as well.

The FA might shout at us again though.  :mad:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3: Jan 21, 2009 09:32:29 pm
      Let's face it - there is plenty of ideas the club could do.  I'm sure that shirt ^ would outsell the current third kit as well.

The FA might shout at us again though.  :mad:
      The FA owe us Big time. I remember them saying we could take as much time we needed after Hillsborough, to complete the season. In the end I think we had to play 7 games in 21 days.
      I think this is a great idea, Scum played in a retro Shirt for the Munich anniversary last year. So we should have no problem. May be a shirt with all the names of the 96 embroiled into a weave.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Jan 21, 2009 09:38:51 pm
      Moved it before me JD.

Good point samdoddsred. I think this notion should be spread all over the place. And I'm sure Carlsberg could be convinced too - I would be only too happy to spread the good word of Carlsberg's understanding and compassion.

As JD mentions though, the FA will certainly have something to say about it. But I can't see why they would have any problem with the same thing that AFC Liverpool already display on their shirts, just for one game.

It would be a show of remembrance.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #5: Jan 21, 2009 09:42:19 pm
      The FA owe us Big time. I remember them saying we could take as much time we needed after Hillsborough, to complete the season. In the end I think we had to play 7 games in 21 days.
      I think this is a great idea, Scum played in a retro Shirt for the Munich anniversary last year. So we should have no problem. May be a shirt with all the names of the 96 embroiled into a weave.

Sounds like a great idea, I think Tranmere had a shirt like that a couple of seasons ago, they had all their season ticket holders names embroidered into the shirt.  It looked brillliant.

I think that would be a very fitting tribute to those that lost their lives and a lovely keepsake for the families.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #6: Jan 21, 2009 09:55:11 pm
      It's a great idea but the FA will go mad again.

I think if they can replicate the home shirt Liverpool were wearing in '89 it would be good. The names of the 96 is a fantastic idea, but I can't see it happening with the FA being so tight these days.
      OBY
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts | -1 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7: Jan 21, 2009 09:56:58 pm
      I think its a great idea to be honest. And yeah, United got to wear one so should we. only problem we could have with the FA is that they love United and not us, no doubt that they'll throw roadblocks wherever they can.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Jan 21, 2009 10:16:15 pm
      It's a great idea but the FA will go mad again.

I think if they can replicate the home shirt Liverpool were wearing in '89 it would be good. The names of the 96 is a fantastic idea, but I can't see it happening with the FA being so tight these days.
      I think its a great idea to be honest. And yeah, United got to wear one so should we. only problem we could have with the FA is that they love United and not us, no doubt that they'll throw roadblocks wherever they can.

The way I see it though, the FA can only throw their toys out of the pram if we intend to use a game to campaign for something. That's why they were not happy about the Michael Shields shirts our players had on warming up for a game. But because it wasn't actually 'in game', there wasn't much they could do about it.

In this instance, we would be remembering. Not campaigning. So there's not much they can really have a problem with.

This is all about the club and Carlsberg for me.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #9: Jan 21, 2009 10:31:44 pm
      I can see some sort of shirt being made for the 20th anniversary but as a merchandise shirt only.

I don't the current board of the club will be prepared to fork out money on making new shirts that they're not getting any money back on and the FA will make any excuse to hush away the incident as they know they were at fault as anyone for the disaster of 89 taking place at all.

I think it'll be a sh*t fans can buy for arguements sake of around £30, with £20 per shirt going to the club and the other tenner going some way to helping the families.
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 47 posts |
      Reply #10: Jan 22, 2009 12:37:01 am
      Moved it before me JD.

Good point samdoddsred. I think this notion should be spread all over the place. And I'm sure Carlsberg could be convinced too - I would be only too happy to spread the good word of Carlsberg's understanding and compassion.

As JD mentions though, the FA will certainly have something to say about it. But I can't see why they would have any problem with the same thing that AFC Liverpool already display on their shirts, just for one game.

Nice one for moving it over JD/Redkenny

samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 47 posts |
      Reply #11: Jan 22, 2009 01:47:59 am
      http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=46247304278

Facebook group page to show your support. Also put a link to this page if thats ok JD/Redkenny?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #12: Jan 22, 2009 02:35:01 am
      That would be a great idea but I am not sure how the FA will react to this, as mentioned the Mancs wore a retro to mark the Munich disaster only fair of them to do us a similar favour.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #13: Jan 22, 2009 08:40:08 am
      Yea but, the Mancs get away with everything when it comes to the FA.

Seeing how this is the worst disaster involving fans the world has seen, it would be shambolic if it wasnt allowed by these overpaid, fat pricks in suits.
      embkauka
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #14: Jan 22, 2009 09:33:29 am
      By the way for how long will CARLSBERG be our sponsor?
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #15: Jan 22, 2009 11:26:22 am
      Yea but, the Mancs get away with everything when it comes to the FA.

Seeing how this is the worst disaster involving fans the world has seen, it would be shambolic if it wasnt allowed by these overpaid, fat pricks in suits.

*Cough* David Gill *cough*!!!!

I think the fact that it is the 20th anniversary we need to take the extra step. Arsenal at home on the 18th, it is just the perfect game!

If we are not able to wear a special commemorative shirt then I agree we should wear the home kit from 89. The FA would have no reason to argue, and even if they did they wouldn't be able to back it up. They let the mancs do it last season so there is no logical reason saying that we can't do it.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #16: Jan 22, 2009 01:24:57 pm

Adidas should bring out a special commemorative 20th Anniversary shirt to mark the occasion and the shirts could be auctioned off afterwards to raise funds for the families of the Hillsborough tragedy.

JFT 96

YNWA

Exellent idea.
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 47 posts |
      Reply #17: Jan 22, 2009 04:17:54 pm
      762 members in the last 15 hours who have joined is beyond what I thought we would acheive in such a short space of time.
      Anyone that can join who is a member on facebook please do so and ask every red you know worldwide to do likewise. Together we can all make this tribute happen.

YNWA
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #18: Jan 22, 2009 04:38:19 pm
      762 members in the last 15 hours who have joined is beyond what I thought we would acheive in such a short space of time.
      Anyone that can join who is a member on facebook please do so and ask every red you know worldwide to do likewise. Together we can all make this tribute happen.

YNWA

Well in mate! That's boss that. I'm sure the numbers will keep growing as well.

I've emailed SOS - as I'm sure a few other people probably have as well.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #19: Jan 22, 2009 05:22:04 pm
      I just joined.

946 members so far Whooooooooooooooo!
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #20: Jan 22, 2009 05:23:55 pm
      The FA would have absolutely no reasonable  grounds to refuse, if the shirt was a commomorative one like AFC's. We werent allowed to have JUSTICE on the shirt as it was deemed a political message by the vodkat league.

Its not a commercial issue either, a one off shirt, with a message printed on it to commeemorate the anniversary. The cost of doing it for Adidas and LFC would be allmost nothing.  The team kits produced for that day could then be signed by the players and Auctioned  to raise funds for the 3 Hillsborough groups.

Carlsberg are not an unreasonable company, as they showed by binning off that Co-promotion they had planned with the S*n; when overwhelming fan opinion was that it should never go ahead, they binned it ASAP. Must have fu**ed the S*n off big style. So its possible they might waive having their name on the Shirt for one match.

I think this is more than doable, get the Union involved, they would speak to LFC, Carlsberg, and the Hillsborough groups.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #21: Jan 22, 2009 05:30:02 pm
      Top idea, wearing the 89 shirts is the most likely

But then, what happens with the Candy issue?

Ive got my dads Adidas Jacket from 89, with Candy on the back so i'll be wearing that either way.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #22: Jan 22, 2009 05:42:44 pm
      The FA would have absolutely no reasonable  grounds to refuse, if the shirt was a commomorative one like AFC's. We werent allowed to have JUSTICE on the shirt as it was deemed a political message by the vodkat league.

Its not a commercial issue either, a one off shirt, with a message printed on it to commeemorate the anniversary. The cost of doing it for Adidas and LFC would be allmost nothing.  The team kits produced for that day could then be signed by the players and Auctioned  to raise funds for the 3 Hillsborough groups.

Carlsberg are not an unreasonable company, as they showed by binning off that Co-promotion they had planned with the S*n; when overwhelming fan opinion was that it should never go ahead, they binned it ASAP. Must have fu**ed the S*n off big style. So its possible they might waive having their name on the Shirt for one match.

I think this is more than doable, get the Union involved, they would speak to LFC, Carlsberg, and the Hillsborough groups.

Exactly Jonesy mate. Totally agree.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #23: Jan 22, 2009 05:47:51 pm
      Passed 1000 on facebook now. Spread the word.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #24: Jan 22, 2009 06:20:33 pm
      I've joined too.

Fantastic idea dropping the sponsor, for one match at least.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #25: Jan 22, 2009 09:57:17 pm
      Nearly 2000 members on facebook now.

MsGerrard
      Reply #26: Jan 22, 2009 10:10:25 pm
      Actually this is liable to get Carlsberg more publicity if they did drop the sponsor name for just the one game than if they keep it on  :-\
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #27: Jan 22, 2009 10:13:31 pm
      Actually this is liable to get Carlsberg more publicity if they did drop the sponsor name for just the one game than if they keep it on  :-\

All the more reason for them to want to do it! ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #28: Jan 22, 2009 10:35:02 pm
      All the more reason for them to want to do it! ;)

Exactly.

If Carlsberg agreed to this, they will get nothing other than positive press.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #29: Jan 22, 2009 10:39:37 pm
      Sounds like a great idea, I think Tranmere had a shirt like that a couple of seasons ago, they had all their season ticket holders names embroidered into the shirt.
      My team Livingston did that, got alot of praise.

Agree, would be great to see it.
      Should sell them to the public aswell to raise funds for the Justice Campaign. Id be more than happy to buy one.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #30: Jan 22, 2009 10:58:26 pm
      If the sponsors/FA/club put a block on this, can't we give every player the number 96 for the game?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #31: Jan 22, 2009 11:03:01 pm
      If the sponsors/FA/club put a block on this, can't we give every player the number 96 for the game?

I'm sure they'd be arsey about having the same numbers.

The only time the FA were okay was when Gerrard and Neville had 08 instead of 8 for the capital of culture.

Otherwise I'm sure they'd block it, unfortunately.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #32: Jan 22, 2009 11:09:15 pm

I can't see any valid reason for any of them putting a block on it mate. It's not advertising and it's not campaigning.

In my opinion, the club should be promoting this idea.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #33: Jan 22, 2009 11:10:41 pm
      I'm sure they'd be arsey about having the same numbers.

The only time the FA were okay was when Gerrard and Neville had 08 instead of 8 for the capital of culture.

Otherwise I'm sure they'd block it, unfortunately.

True mate, but I still have a gut feeling that the sponsor won't be dropped.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #34: Jan 22, 2009 11:15:15 pm
      I think the Club, the FA, the Players and Fans should do everything in their power to try and get this right on the day, after all what difference will it make to the FA what's on our shirts  ???

But it could make a huge difference to the families of the Hillsborough disaster, even after all this time, it will still be very fresh in their memories and anything but anything we can do to help, then we should.

But it will at the end of the day be up to the powers that be.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #35: Jan 22, 2009 11:17:01 pm
      Nearly 2000 members on facebook now.

1000 members in 3hours 10 minutes Thats incredible!!!!!!! :clap:
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2009 11:20:22 pm by CRK »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #36: Jan 22, 2009 11:21:51 pm
      I can't see any valid reason for any of them putting a block on it mate. It's not advertising and it's not campaigning.

I don't think it'll bother them to be honest Kenny. They'll see it as Liverpool Football Club wanting to do something, that's enough there and then for them to put a block on it. It'd take a bit more than a few hundred thousand Liverpool fans to convince them otherwise. If other club's fans were to support the idea then it might happen and I think every genuine football fan would support such an idea.

In my opinion, the club should be promoting this idea.

The club should be doing it's bit but this club with the current owners very rarely does things that it can't earn a profit out of.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #37: Jan 23, 2009 12:35:37 am
      Must remember to join the group tonight the net at home is being screwing me around.

I dont think Carlsberg will have any issue with fulfilling the fans requests in fact it would generate enough interest and publicity and do wonders for their corporate social responsibility and PR in general.
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 47 posts |
      Reply #38: Jan 23, 2009 01:28:00 am
      Nearly up to 2,500 members now, well done to everybody in spreading the word!.

Plans are already in place for somebody to contact the club and media avenues to get their opinion on the issue.

All the major supporters clubs overseas have also been contacted in Thailand, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Iceland, Denmark etc. for links on their forums/web pages.

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #39: Jan 23, 2009 01:46:57 am
      Don't want to throw a spanner in the works, and this Facebook thing is really good.

But should we not be petitoning the football club?
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 47 posts |
      Reply #40: Jan 23, 2009 06:25:50 am
      Don't want to throw a spanner in the works, and this Facebook thing is really good.

But should we not be petitoning the football club?

Already in hand JD, got a message off a member last night who has contacts within LFC Along with the local media. At present it's about building up the numbers to go to the club and say x amount of people back this idea.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #41: Jan 23, 2009 09:27:56 am
      Sorry bit of a dinosaur!!! Re: Facebook,how to join ? :dunce2:
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      Reply #42: Jan 23, 2009 02:45:00 pm
      Something like this would be boss.  On what reasonable grounds could the FA block that? None.   3500+ on that facey group now.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #43: Jan 23, 2009 02:54:11 pm
      That's great!
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 47 posts |
      Reply #44: Jan 23, 2009 04:08:26 pm
      Sorry bit of a dinosaur!!! Re: Facebook,how to join ? :dunce2:

Just an e-mail address mate and join up!

www.facebook.com
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #45: Jan 23, 2009 04:19:42 pm
      this is a amazing idea. lets it happen!! YNWA 96.
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #46: Jan 23, 2009 06:20:40 pm

just hope it happens
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #47: Jan 23, 2009 06:24:17 pm
      ^^^^

That shirt looks wonderful, very fitting and respectful, I really hope this could happen. Joined the Facebook group, it's up to nearly 4,300 members now!

Hope the ball keeps rolling!
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #48: Jan 23, 2009 06:41:57 pm
      Still bit unsure!!! am already on FB next step is........
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #49: Jan 23, 2009 06:57:32 pm
      http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=46247304278
      hope this link works
      once you join dont forget to invite all in your friends box .
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #50: Jan 23, 2009 07:22:54 pm
      Sam, Remy thanks got there eventually Phew.

:embarassed:     Joey the Dinosaur.    :embarassed:
      redsamba82
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts | -4 
      Reply #51: Jan 23, 2009 09:12:27 pm
      first of all F**k the fa,we should definitly bring some kind of shirt out in memory for the 96,and am sure carlsberg would understand the situation of being missing on a liverpool top for a few games YNWA JFT96
      MsGerrard
      Reply #52: Jan 23, 2009 10:00:45 pm
      Something like this would be boss.  On what reasonable grounds could the FA block that? None.   3500+ on that facey group now.

That looks absolutely fantastic.............ju st hope it takes off, that would be boss that would.

Good Luck with it all.

You have my full support.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #53: Jan 24, 2009 04:29:38 am
      Moved it before me JD.

I think the FA will have issues with it because they are implicated in that sad incident. good idea.
      countyroadred26
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #54: Jan 24, 2009 09:49:41 am
      The shirt looks fantastic , hopefully the fa will allow us to do it as i cant see a long term sponsor like carlsberg saying no . I prefare this idea over us wearing the 89 strip as its more original and our idea because you know the mancs will spark the old we are stealing there ideas argument off !
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #55: Jan 24, 2009 03:11:23 pm
      Over 6,800 members on FB now. And the numbers keep growing.

Keep spreading the word everybody.
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 47 posts |
      Reply #56: Jan 24, 2009 07:05:31 pm
      Over 6,800 members on FB now. And the numbers keep growing.

Keep spreading the word everybody.

Nice one Redkenny.

Just on 7,500 members now and it's going up all the time. We have got some of the Hillsborough families who have become members and I have an e-mail from Anne Williams who has joined the group.
      « Last Edit: Jan 25, 2009 12:30:27 am by samdoddsred »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #57: Jan 25, 2009 01:54:43 pm
      Nice one Redkenny.

Just on 7,500 members now and it's going up all the time. We have got some of the Hillsborough families who have become members and I have an e-mail from Anne Williams who has joined the group.

That's great to hear that mate. Hats off to you for getting the group going.

Only a few off 9000 now.

If you're going the match today, spread the word!!
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      Reply #58: Jan 27, 2009 09:50:08 pm
      12000 members of this group now. A strong statement i'd say.
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #59: Jan 28, 2009 06:07:56 pm
      i know its a dream but 96,000 is a stronger statement .Don't tell me there are not 96,000 Liverpool fans on the net ! Lets all keep putting the word out .
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #60: Jan 28, 2009 11:33:29 pm
      I'm all for the idea and the facebook group seems to be going strong but has the club even agreed to this yet? Before we start getting carried away and blame the FA for putting a block on it, has the club given the green light? If not then who is gonna suggest it to the club. No matter how dim the current board is about Liverpool's history, I'm sure even this board will have their own ideas of how to celebrate/remember the 20th annerversiary.

So somebody will have to pitch the idea to the club (I'm sure others will have different ideas to pitch). Then await the club to assess each idea, including their own. Then put the idea to the FA and Carlsberg. Then await for both companies to assess the situation and give the go ahead. Then get the shirts made and printed. All this within a few months.

So as much as I'd like to see it, like most fans would, I just don't see it happening.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #61: Feb 10, 2009 04:23:23 pm
      20,783 members...

Everyone joined?

The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #62: Feb 20, 2009 02:11:32 pm
      Already in hand JD, got a message off a member last night who has contacts within LFC Along with the local media. At present it's about building up the numbers to go to the club and say x amount of people back this idea.

I was just wondering how this was going. If there have been any break throughs, or if anyone has an idea of the clubs plans?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #63: Mar 21, 2009 02:00:10 pm
      I guess this has fallen on deaf ears.

No news what so ever! Come on "Custodians" do the right thing.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #64: Mar 21, 2009 02:04:11 pm

JFT 96

YNWA
      Good idea MsG, I'd have a couple for starters! ;)
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #65: Mar 21, 2009 02:12:45 pm
      Just joined the group. Anyone on here for me to add to my facebook? Haha.
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #66: Mar 21, 2009 02:17:42 pm
      The game has been moved to Tuesday 21st April (K.O. 8:00pm) because Arsenal play Chelsea in the FA Cup on the 18th.
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 47 posts |
      Reply #67: Mar 30, 2009 05:31:52 pm
      Just as an update on this after a member of the group being interviewed on radio merseyside and putting our point across they contacted the club on our behalf. I conducted an interview with Luke Traynor of the echo which was supposed to run 2 weeks ago and it hasn't been published, Luke was also contacting the club on our behalf, not sure if he did.

Carlsberg and the club have received in excess of 50 e-mails and haven't responded to any member, until I got an e-mailed letter from Parry last Friday night.

Liverpool FC PR department have received the same amount of e-mails and no response to anyone but myself even though loads of people have sent the request, the cheeky b***ard is denying this. I then sent one last week saying that I now needed to contact national media as the club have refused to respond and received ae e-mail letter from Rick Parry in which he basically said a 20th anniversary is nothing more than a number compared to any other year they are all special, (this in a way I agree with) but the 20th anniversary is more of a landmark anniversary yet he seems to think not, yet isn't it parry that has authorised somehwere along the line the fact the club are involved with the new version of Fields of Anfield Road?. He cites the eternal flame representing Hillsborough each and every game and anything else would take that away.

He actually took more offence to me calling him a hypocrite and questioning LFC's position over Hillsborough with regards to favouring one group amongst other things and he finished on that note. He also never mentioned the question I posed regarding carlsberg sponsoring the Leppings Lane end at Hillsborough, swerved that question so this will be raised with carlsberg direct.

I've tried and failed to make the tribute happen but at least the facebook page continues to grow and spread the message about the on-going struggle for justice and whilst the links are there then the message can be continued to spread.

YNWA
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #68: Mar 30, 2009 06:11:17 pm
      Thanks very much for the update mate. Really appreciated and I hold my hat off to you and all involved for the continued effort you've put in to try make this happen.

It seems neither the club or Carlsberg were interested in this notion, which is disappointing. But the people's response to the facebook group is heartwarming and I'm sure it will continue to grow.

YNWA
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #69: Mar 30, 2009 08:26:13 pm
      Thank you very much for your continued pursuit of this mate.

It's a shame it won't go ahead but it's spreading the word anyway so good on you.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #70: Mar 30, 2009 10:32:45 pm
      I find this a little annoying that our club are not doing anything for the 20th anniversary. Thanks Sam for your hard work in this matter.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #71: Mar 30, 2009 10:55:59 pm
      Whats the facebook page titled?i'd love to add my name to it.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #72: Mar 30, 2009 11:03:03 pm
      Whats the facebook page titled?i'd love to add my name to it.

First page of this thread.
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 47 posts |
      Reply #73: Mar 31, 2009 12:30:20 am
      Nice one Redkenny for the continued support that you have shown, much appreciated mate. For those who have joined the group the letter has been uploaded onto the photos at the bottom for all members to see.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #74: Mar 31, 2009 12:48:58 am
      I would be happy to promote the issue on the site if it could be done in the right way.

My only worry is that now we are so close to the anniversary I don't think lambasting the useless cu*ts running our club would be productive or in keeping with our supposed togetherness?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #75: Mar 31, 2009 01:03:38 am
      Shocking that the club is not doing anything. An absolute disgrace and embarrassment to the families of the 96 first the applauding rubbish now the club has turned their back on them.

Well in mate though for your continous pursuit.

Quick Reply