Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool v Everton (FA Cup) MATCH Thread

Read 19230 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Re: Liverpool v Everton (FA Cup) MATCH Thread
      Reply #207: Jan 25, 2009 05:56:03 pm
      Well, I guess my 1000th post was not meant to be a winning Liverpool goal (well it's not like I'm going to wait until Wednesday to post again!)

I'll be back soon to post my thoughts, not going to fall into the trap of posting now with all the emotions etc.
      shrey024
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #208: Jan 25, 2009 05:56:08 pm
      To Goodison it is then.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #209: Jan 25, 2009 05:56:25 pm
      Another F***ing game against the blueshite.

Play the kids for it. F**k it. Can't be arsed anymore with the horrible arseholes.  Should have buried them today, if only we had two more Gerrard's for either wing we would be sorted.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #210: Jan 25, 2009 05:56:30 pm
      This is beyond a joke now.

Come on Liverpool, pull your finger out!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #211: Jan 25, 2009 05:57:08 pm
      Soon to be released Everton DVD, 'Moyes' Boys' reliving the magical 2 nights at Anfield where Everton did the double.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #212: Jan 25, 2009 05:59:05 pm
      dossena's crossing was absolute sh*t. Nice shot though
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #213: Jan 25, 2009 06:01:57 pm
      No blaming anyone but Ryan tonight, please. Martin was boss, Kuyt pulled his finger out and that partnership was at it again. Doss was good today too.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #214: Jan 25, 2009 06:02:39 pm
      F***ing Lucas, I blame the whole thing on him :D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #215: Jan 25, 2009 06:03:44 pm
      Looks like JD was right, they are gonna have a Boxed set DVD....The Year We Did the Double"
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #216: Jan 25, 2009 06:04:14 pm
      oh no not aagain. whats wrong with the reds torres only half the player he was last year. thay had 2 shots and its a draw, speak volumes how bad we were. then we score as howard had his mind elsewhere.it seems we are a one dimensional relying on stevie g to score. to many off field distractions we are losing the passion and focus. the negatives things ownership issues,rafas new contact plus more i wont even mention
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #217: Jan 25, 2009 06:06:11 pm
      oh no not aagain. whats wrong with the reds torres only half the player he was last year. thay had 2 shots and its a draw, speak volumes how bad we were. then we score as howard had his mind elsewhere.it seems we are a one dimensional relying on stevie g to score. to many off field distractions we are losing the passion and focus. the negatives things ownership issues,rafas new contact plus more I wont even mention

He's half the player because he's played a quarter of the games he did last year, didnt like the assist though eh? We played very well i feel, i not disheartened by it and we should walk away knowing that if we play like that we'll turn these draws into wins very soon. Wigan press hard, we played nice football which is the way to go with them.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #218: Jan 25, 2009 06:08:21 pm
      oh no not aagain. whats wrong with the reds torres only half the player he was last year. thay had 2 shots and its a draw, speak volumes how bad we were. then we score as howard had his mind elsewhere.it seems we are a one dimensional relying on stevie g to score. to many off field distractions we are losing the passion and focus. the negatives things ownership issues,rafas new contact plus more I wont even mention

I wouldn't say torres is half the player hes still not completely match fit in my opinion his ball control was off tonight but he did get a few good passes in.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #219: Jan 25, 2009 06:11:39 pm
      Torres was good today. He was swamped by their players every time he was on the ball but still managed to get a great assist and was a threat, constantly skinning their defenders.

Was unlucky to not really get many scoring opportunities today.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #220: Jan 25, 2009 06:14:58 pm
      They love it the others they are made up yet another result for them singing and dancing back across the park they should be ashamed 3.5% of a game makes ya sick.
      The re-play is ours they will fall.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #221: Jan 25, 2009 06:15:15 pm
      Thought Torres was better last Monday night, a little off the pace today, but great touch for Gerrard's goal.

Tough game but a better all round performance from the team than last Monday night.

Replay's on ITV as well a week Wednesday
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #222: Jan 25, 2009 06:24:55 pm
      that match if anything shows we need a new right midfielder and two new full backs, thats why we are not breaking down teams at anfield, we,ve no width impossible to break teams like everton down when we are trying to go down the middle, thought dossena and especially arebola today were awful, you have to take into account neither of them had any defending to do, arebola is absolutely clueless on the ball, another problem is kuyt right midfield while he works hard we get nothing else off him, hes crossing is poor and his touch leaves a lot to be desirew, i still dont know when he became a wide midfield man i thought he was a striker
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #223: Jan 25, 2009 06:25:09 pm
      If we win, we've got Doncaster or Aston Villa at home.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #224: Jan 25, 2009 06:28:00 pm
      that match if anything shows we need a new right midfielder and two new full backs, thats why we are not breaking down teams at anfield, we,ve no width impossible to break teams like everton down when we are trying to go down the middle, thought dossena and especially arebola today were awful, you have to take into account neither of them had any defending to do, arebola is absolutely clueless on the ball, another problem is kuyt right midfield while he works hard we get nothing else off him, hes crossing is poor and his touch leaves a lot to be desirew, I still dont know when he became a wide midfield man I thought he was a striker

Arby, clueless? No way. He was always in attack, passing and creating. I thought he and Doss were good today with what they had to do.

I think however we do need a right winger, someone with pace and skill and that killer instinct (Ibrahim Afellay) and sell Ryan Babel.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #225: Jan 25, 2009 06:37:38 pm
      how were they good neither of them had any defending to do, they offered us absolutely nothing going forward, there crossing was awful, to be honest im not an arebola fan i think he isnt a patch on finnan when he was here.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #226: Jan 25, 2009 06:40:25 pm
      Ryan Babel looks like he lost his confidence the day we bought him but Rafa still loves him so cheer up Ryan your confidence will return....
      crouchysrobot
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts |
      Reply #227: Jan 25, 2009 06:43:51 pm
      I thought Dossena was better than he usually is. Granted, he wasn't the best on the pitch, but he appeared to be trying to play well. That is better than some players out there, you can't yell at him because he's trying. He tried a lot more than Keane normally does. I think he realizes he's not playing well. Whereas Keane thinks he is still playing good enough to deserve 90 minutes every game, which is rather arrogant and stupid IMO.
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #228: Jan 25, 2009 06:47:26 pm
      To me there was no fight until gerrard scored the goal, Babel looked off key he should be running at defenders but to be fair he needs a good run out a few games for confidence, we are liverpool attack teams at the kop end and finish the game off we looked lacking in confidence and final ball in first half was terrible there was nothing there!!! big inprovement please next sunday or chelsea will hammer us!!!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #229: Jan 25, 2009 06:48:31 pm
      thought mascherano and gerrard were our two best players today

Quick Reply