Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool v Chelsea match thread

Read 31596 times
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Re: Liverpool v Chelsea match thread
      Reply #391: Feb 01, 2009 07:57:05 pm
      You really dont have a clue do you....
      Your wrong mate. Every thing he pointed out was a very fair assessment of the game. Don't think he missed a single thing. Well in Alastair

Don't know if i dare say this but i would of preferred a 1-0 win. I had €10 on Torres 1st goal and 1-0 @ 22/1. :mad:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #392: Feb 01, 2009 08:00:13 pm
      I understand there's room for improvement but I'm putting all that to one side and enjoying a great result that puts us back on track.

Enjoy tonight, analyse tomorrow, that's what I say.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #393: Feb 01, 2009 08:05:33 pm
      I understand there's room for improvement but I'm putting all that to one side and enjoying a great result that puts us back on track.

Enjoy tonight, analyse tomorrow, that's what I say.

THe lager has'nt tasted this good for a while.

:ernaehrung004:

Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #394: Feb 01, 2009 08:05:53 pm
      Your wrong mate. Every thing he pointed out was a very fair assessment of the game. Don't think he missed a single thing. Well in Alastair

Don't know if I dare say this but I would of preferred a 1-0 win. I had €10 on Torres 1st goal and 1-0 @ 22/1. :mad:

My girl works for Ladbrokes, apparently there was an error in the system today which meant that you could bet on Torres scoring next at 7/1 for about 30 secs after he actually scored, so if in those 30 secs you could have laid the bet and collected. If only I had a spare £1m at the time ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #395: Feb 01, 2009 08:07:06 pm

:

Too true mate. ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #396: Feb 01, 2009 08:09:16 pm

Looks a bit empty in your pub.

Can you not move the tables closer together. ;)
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #397: Feb 01, 2009 08:09:40 pm
      I am so, so, so, so, soooooo happy. We're back in it lads. Loved Torres' celebration (sitting on the pitch arms folded) pure quality, a league double over the Chelski, I'd take playing them in any competition right now, we have the beating of them.

Really upset about Keano's treatment, I think he should be given at least until the end of the season. The man loves the club and I think he has a lot to offer, but I can see him being gone by the deadline :-(.

Get in the reds, we're still in there fighting, lets build on this win now, starting against the Blue sh*te!!
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2009 08:10:17 pm by ayrton77, Reason: Name isn\'t Keano!!! »
      mikastoo
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #398: Feb 01, 2009 08:11:41 pm
      Absolutely delighted with the result today!  Good to see us sitting on top of the top 4 league too! 
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #399: Feb 01, 2009 08:14:20 pm
      We totally bossed that game today i know it looked like it was heading for a draw but ffs we done everything but score before it iv,e said it before to win the league you have to have a little bit of luck as well ,if we cant enjoy the good results instead of bickering what chance do we all have ,i want to win every game but i know thats not possible even if we had drawn today i thought the lads put in a vastly improved performance than of late and i was pleased with the performance the win just tops it off for me ,i think some people are so paranoid of losing they just cant enjoy the football and surely thats what following our great club is all about.
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #400: Feb 01, 2009 08:15:20 pm
      Elaborate on that please mate? I think it was a fair post if I'm honest.

Negatives?? We won we played well as far as Im concerned he didnt dive he was pushed etc etc. Their shouldnt be any negatives PAL plain and simple I DONT THINK IT WAS A FAIR POST AND IM ENTITLED TO MY OPION JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER SO CALLED SUPPORTER ON THIS FORUM.... Its obvious from his conotations that he has no clue what so ever about football, and if you want to argue lad argue with my Level 3 coaching badge.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #401: Feb 01, 2009 08:17:44 pm
      Really upset about Keano's treatment, I think he should be given at least until the end of the season. The man loves the club and I think he has a lot to offer, but I can see him being gone by the deadline :-(.

Who's Keano?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #402: Feb 01, 2009 08:18:12 pm
      Negatives?? We won we played well as far as Im concerned he didnt dive he was pushed etc etc. Their shouldnt be any negatives PAL plain and simple I DONT THINK IT WAS A FAIR POST AND IM ENTITLED TO MY OPION JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER SO CALLED SUPPORTER ON THIS FORUM.... Its obvious from his conotations that he has no clue what so ever about football, and if you want to argue lad argue with my Level 3 coaching badge.

Fair enough mate, but elaborating on it initally would have stopped a number of people questioning your post. I did not once question your entitlement to an opinion, or opion as you so quaintly put it, nor shall I.

Plus fact, I think arguing with badges may be a little montonous, what with their inability to speak.
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #403: Feb 01, 2009 08:25:46 pm
      Good performance overall,although i still think Kuyt is not good enough for the Right Wing position i could run around with my head down and look busy all day my boss would love him as well! Thought Yossi did really well when he came on for Riera,Torres proved his class not that he needs too!
      Lets build on this now and we will be going to Old Trafford on the 14th March with bags of confidence and beat the scum in their own backyard and hopefully go on to win the Premiership.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #404: Feb 01, 2009 08:29:06 pm
      We really really needed that and I hope this is now the catalyst to push on an extra gear.

Nando's goal (1st) was out of this world and now we are getting to the run in and Nando's form is returning we have a chance and if anyone is going to fight it out with the mancs on today's showing it'll be us....
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #405: Feb 01, 2009 08:30:03 pm
      Fair enough mate, but elaborating on it initally would have stopped a number of people questioning your post. I did not once question your entitlement to an opinion, or opion as you so quaintly put it, nor shall I.

Plus fact, I think arguing with badges may be a little montonous, what with their inability to speak.

:lmao:

Add him to the list of other idiots with coaching badges........Sven, Ferguson, Scolari, Moyes, etc,etc.  :mad:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #406: Feb 01, 2009 08:30:09 pm

Nobody cares for your coaching badge if I'm honest. There are negatives in every game, and Alastair is only pointing them out.

Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion, but to insult someone's intelligence is something else.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #407: Feb 01, 2009 08:41:17 pm
      Apologies for putting my views right in the middle of what looks like some kind of discussion/argument.

Just wanted to say that I thought tonights performance was brilliant, and its times like these that I'm especially proud to be a Liverpool fan.

Welcome back, Torres.
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #408: Feb 01, 2009 08:46:46 pm
      ... and if you want to argue lad argue with my Level 3 coaching badge.

I'll see your level three badge and raise it a cycling proficiency and bronze swimming badge.  ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #409: Feb 01, 2009 08:46:52 pm
      Apologies for putting my views right in the middle of what looks like some kind of discussion/argument.

No need whatsoever to apologise for keeping a thread on topic mate.
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #410: Feb 01, 2009 08:51:40 pm
      We really really needed that and I hope this is now the catalyst to push on an extra gear.

Nando's goal (1st) was out of this world and now we are getting to the run in and Nando's form is returning we have a chance and if anyone is going to fight it out with the mancs on today's showing it'll be us....
      good goal but not out of this world. nando still has a bit of work to do on his sharpness.. Great win today, still some players lacking confidence, riera had a few opportunities to pull the trigger, but no go..
      still think we can play better.. first half was scrappy.. can't help if only for the dodgy sending off wuld it of happened.. but thats football..most important thing now is to keep getting the points against the weaker teams.. united have very few dodgy away games left so we can't really afford to drop anymore points..
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #411: Feb 01, 2009 08:52:29 pm
      thought masch and alonso were brillant today they completely dominated chelsea midfield, rafa was right though to take masch off when he did, when rafa put 2 up front chelsea really struggled, skertel was outstanding as well, he has being a great buy, he had anelka then drogba in his pocket saying that ive never seen a more uncommited performance than drogbas thought he was a disgrace, hopefully rafa learned today not to take off gerrard and torres no matter how tired they look, also that playing alonso in every match is vital if we are to challenge, there can be no more experiments with lucas
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #412: Feb 01, 2009 08:54:44 pm
      thought masch and alonso were brillant today they completely dominated chelsea midfield, rafa was right though to take masch off when he did, when rafa put 2 up front chelsea really struggled, skertel was outstanding as well, he has being a great buy, he had anelka then drogba in his pocket saying that ive never seen a more uncommited performance than drogbas thought he was a disgrace, hopefully rafa learned today not to take off gerrard and torres no matter how tired they look, also that playing alonso in every match is vital if we are to challenge, there can be no more experiments with lucas

Agreed, Alonso is suspended now tho, so who do we play?
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #413: Feb 01, 2009 08:57:46 pm
      Agreed, Alonso is suspended now tho, so who do we play?

i think mags might be able to answer that one for ya!

Quick Reply