Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool v Chelsea match thread

Read 31469 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Re: Liverpool v Chelsea match thread
      Reply #437: Feb 01, 2009 10:11:51 pm
      Don't those Chelsea fans remember Riley turning down a blatant penalty after Tiago handled the ball a few years back? I mean Riley even put the whistle to his mouth and still refused to give the penalty. Carra was red in the face after calling Riley all sorts to his face.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #438: Feb 01, 2009 10:16:23 pm
      Hilarious opening paragraph from CFCNet - the unofficial Chelsea fansite.

Liverpool won their cup final today with help from ā€œrefereeā€ Mike Riley. If you ever doubted that Liverpool get more decisions for them than anyone else you just need to look at the game today.

:lmao:

Certainly not our cup final you morons.

Unbiased journalism if I've ever seen it! ;D

Oh that reminds me, Alan Wiley needs feeding.

:lmao:
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #439: Feb 01, 2009 10:35:33 pm
      The chavs should look at the stats (even before Lampard got sent of)....
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #440: Feb 01, 2009 10:36:36 pm
      The chavs should look at the stats (even before Lampard got sent of)....

Definitely. We were killing them before it. And carried on afterwards.
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #441: Feb 01, 2009 10:42:10 pm
      Simple-We were GREAT!!!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #442: Feb 01, 2009 11:04:00 pm

Good expansive in depth analysis there.

ohcampione
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #443: Feb 01, 2009 11:49:40 pm
      Hilarious opening paragraph from CFCNet - the unofficial Chelsea fansite.

Haha
      No shame at all .When i was walking through some of the Chelski "fans" after the game they were saying the only reason we won is because we were shooting on sight and that they only had a handfull of shots throughout the game !
      That's exactly why we won because are defending was boss when they were on Th attack and then we penned them in for most of the second half...
      Great win today tough ,great defending, great build up play and as its getting quite rare lately i have to say great SUPPORT long may it continue
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #444: Feb 01, 2009 11:50:03 pm
      After a self imposed ban on the forum following the Wigan game I am back and ready to contribute in discussion. I could not deal with all the nay sayers and tw*ts that come on the forum only when we dont produce the desired results and bash Rafa and the players. Then there is always the speculation and usual bullshit that is spouted about us in the media and moronic fans who jump on their bandwagon.

Performance wise I thought we were excellent dominant from the first whistle and controlled the game so well that I never thought Chelsea were any danger to our goal. In this line up with Masch and Xabi in the centre I can not see any side beating us, there is too much defensive quality in that side for us to concede. We attacked well and yet again I though that we were very unlucky on a number of occassion not to score. I though Yossi was exceptional when he came on and defintely gave us an attacking edge when he came on, he passed well and created a lot of space for Babel and Stevie as was evident in the first goal. Also did brilliantly to hassle Cashley for the second goal. I dont see what all the fuss and controversy is about Lampard's red card, yes we have seen worse challanges go by but by the rules of the book two footed tackle studs showing regardless where in the pitch is a straight red. Good to see Xabi put his "kick me" sign on again and proved to be a crucial part in the match. I am happy that Rafa responded well with throwing the kitchen sink at them and going full throttle for the 3 points, I assure you there will be no F***ing about any more. This game is critical to the squads confidence and is showing the Mancs that we will be righ there until the end.

Also Xabi will miss either the FA cup 5th round or our fixture against City.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #445: Feb 02, 2009 12:20:07 am
      Good summing up Dadorious.

How I wish I could just take a 3 day break from the negativity though.  Anyway 'at the end of the storm' and all that.

Even more reason to beat Everton now - so that Xabi can miss the FA Cup game and not a league game.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #446: Feb 02, 2009 12:36:31 am
      Yep mate it did eat me on the inside but I didnt think I could handle it.

I know you have it tough with all this admin business and all but your a top lad that deals well with it.

Yes how I would love to see us hammer those idiots next door ...how F***ing spiteful they would rather lose to the Mancs just so they would drift futther from us. A complete no brainer to me but so is that entire club and its set up.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #447: Feb 02, 2009 02:31:31 am
      I don't why Chelsea are getting so worked up about us, they're in far bigger trouble, they're F***ing sh*te

Torres awesome at the end, thats what Ā£20 million buys you, or is supposed to buy you.

All the talk in the boozer and in the ground leading up to the game was centred on our other Ā£20 million signing supposedly having had a medical on saturday, Keane will be signing for spurs for Ā£4 million with the Ā£10 million we already owe, being wiped.

How big of a gobs***e is Mike Riley, looking again later on the telly, Lampard's red, wasn't a red (although who am I to complain!) and Bosingwa should of walked.

For the first time in a while we carried on attacking and got our just reward.

And how great seeing Nando banging them in again

cue utter mayhem

Some boss celebrations after both goals today, well done smoke bomb man as well, and another reason you don't fall out of love with this club for too long :)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #448: Feb 02, 2009 02:37:31 am
      I can't believe I watched the two everton matches and the wigan match but not this one maybe I should not watch anymore games and we might win the league.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #449: Feb 02, 2009 03:55:55 am
      As I said mate it was a 50-50 challenge both players went in there hard and committed. Lampard went in two feet studs showing...red card no dispute. Its what the rule book says.
      Epicthunder
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 206 posts | -1 
      Reply #450: Feb 02, 2009 04:24:00 am
      As I said mate it was a 50-50 challenge both players went in there hard and committed. Lampard went in two feet studs showing...red card no dispute. Its what the rule book says.

If you look at the replay however he slides in with one foot, gets the ball then the other foot shows, it was a very harsh call.
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #451: Feb 02, 2009 05:49:15 am
      I thought the red card was a 75-25 thing. I would've accepted a yellow card for that but I understand how the ref gave a red  . Who cares...Chelski must get over it...

Getting back to the game...we missed so many chances I was starting to wonder if we were gonna score. I knew that if Torres got a clean chance he was gonna put it away though.

Credit to the lads for not giving up...and well done to Yossi for bringing more attacking options when he came on.

3 crucial points! YNWA!
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #452: Feb 02, 2009 06:33:06 am
      It wasnt a card at all Alonso kicked Lumplard after Lumplard had kicked the ball, harsh from the ref but in real time he saw the studs up and made the call.However the Bosingwa kick on Benayoun's back should have been a straight red with a three month ban for that bullshit so in the end it was karma. We played a lot better yesterday i thought everyone chipped in and played well our defense was the best i have seen them play and gave the boys up front the support they needed. Kuyt again put in some good graft but still doesn't look like creating much loosing the ball and poor touch kills our attacks and his crossing was bad i saw at least five crosses that he hit straight at players i saw Carra put in better crosses to be honest, Benayoun really made the difference when he came on and should really be starting. All round much better and positive from Rafa which is all we ask for when at home be positive and make positive substitutions to have a go to win
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #453: Feb 02, 2009 07:13:40 am
       Well done to our REDS,we thoroughly deserved the victory and it feels good to get back to winning ways.On reflection I think Pepi Reina had a quiet day and never had to exert himself.I just have one question and that is why the hell can we not put that effort in every game we play.The dirtiest man (ANIMAL ) on the pitch has to be Bosingwa for putting the boot into Benayouns back,hopefully the F.A. will look at the t.v. recording and ban the bast*rd for at least 3 months.It was also good to see our players show determination and fight.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #454: Feb 02, 2009 08:08:03 am
      This is probably why Yossi is so pivotal to our title chances. I have said time and again Yossi should be preferred to Kuyt. Have u seen Kuyt do anything in 90 minutes? Yossi came on, got 2 shots on, and also created a goal for us. However, with Kuyt just average decent performances its difficult to see how Benitez still persists with him. Anyway, fantastic 3 points, lets keep the pressure on the top and not give away any more silly draws. YNWA.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #455: Feb 02, 2009 08:18:24 am
      If the red card is overturned, i have no complaints. Quite harsh for me to be honest. But who cares :P
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #456: Feb 02, 2009 08:58:20 am
      Like another poster in this thread I can understand why the ref gave a red, although I do think it deserved a yellow.

Fouls are given on intent and it is irrespective of whether you get the ball or not.  If you are making a dangerous challenge then you are commiting a foul.

That's exactly why Delap was sent off as well at the weekend.
      jack
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 298 posts |
      Reply #457: Feb 02, 2009 09:00:59 am
      come on red men bring us the title
      ustcustc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #458: Feb 02, 2009 09:03:24 am
      I can't believe I watched the two everton matches and the wigan match but not this one maybe I should not watch anymore games and we might win the league.

For liverpool, don't watch anymore games, hahahahaha
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2009 09:28:46 am by JD, Reason: Sloppy posts. Improve! Your comments go after a quote. »
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #459: Feb 02, 2009 09:52:19 am
      Probably for Gerrard he went in 1 leg, while for Lampard it was a two footed lunge. Im not sure though.

Quick Reply