Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Would Shankly Survive In Todays Game?

Read 4017 times
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Re: Would Shankly survive in todays game.
      Reply #23: Feb 20, 2009 08:16:20 pm
      He didnt want to leave Liverpool he asked for a place on the board but they refused so its not new to have idiots at board level. Paisley threatend to resign when a board member made a public comment about one of his players so perhaps you can see where Rafa is coming from no board interference in team affairs please.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #24: Feb 20, 2009 09:26:11 pm
      He didnt want to leave Liverpool he asked for a place on the board but they refused so its not new to have idiots at board level. Paisley threatend to resign when a board member made a public comment about one of his players so perhaps you can see where Rafa is coming from no board interference in team affairs please.
      Good shout johnstop, I bet one of the first things Rafa did when he came to the club was to understand the reasons for our successes in the Shankly/Paisley eras ( world class managers/best supporters and committed players).With regard to board members, its all a matter of degrees really, the sh*te lot we are lumbered with today are far worse than anything we've witnessed, certainly in my 40 odd year support of this club.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #25: Feb 21, 2009 06:59:16 pm
      Shankly's famous holy trinity was Players ,Manager and Fans no where did he mention directors C.e.o's or chairman. I was born in December 1959 the same time Shankly arrived at Anfield he was a visionary and a man with self belief. He would have stood by Rafa's side in his quest to get the board of his back and God only knows what he would have said to the UNHOLY TRINITY of Hicks Gillette and Parry. I will never tire of saying that Rafa is a worthy successor and our best hope of fullfilling all our dreams.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #26: Feb 21, 2009 07:49:56 pm
      Simple answer from my point of view would be that Shankly was a genius and a genius will always find space for himself in history, no matter which error you put him in.
      NandoTheLegend
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #27: Feb 22, 2009 05:03:38 am
      He would survive.

Quick Reply