Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

RedCafe - Unbelievable

Read 28410 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      RedCafe - Unbelievable
      Feb 21, 2009 06:06:09 pm
      Just take a look at this thread/forum. I thought it deserved it's own topic to be honest.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/gerrard-most-complete-player-premier-league-history-236969/

This statement is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard come out of a Manc's mouth:

Name Changed

Gerrard is the most overrated player I am ever heard of. He is regarded as world class for what he does in 15 minutes of a match. For the other 75 minutes you wouldn't even realise he was playing. If he was at United I would hate him as I hate those type of players.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Re: RedCafe - Unbelievable
      Reply #1: Feb 21, 2009 06:08:09 pm
      Just take a look at this thread/forum. I thought it deserved it's own topic to be honest.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/gerrard-most-complete-player-premier-league-history-236969/

This statement is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard come out of a Manc's mouth:

Name Changed

Gerrard is the most overrated player I am ever heard of. He is regarded as world class for what he does in 15 minutes of a match. For the other 75 minutes you wouldn't even realise he was playing. If he was at United I would hate him as I hate those type of players.
      God knows what he thinks of Berbatov then!!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #2: Feb 21, 2009 06:15:44 pm
      God knows what he thinks of Berbatov then!!

Exactly! What does he think of Ronaldo??? It is actually baffling? Jealousy i think! :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,261 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Feb 21, 2009 06:18:49 pm
      If ye think mancs are w**kers Irish mancs are the worst set of living breathing w**kers on Gods Earth. Deep down that fella is really saying I wish we had Gerrard instead of Carrick Fletcher Anderson Hargreaves etc etc....They will have pubs all over Ireland infested with there prescence tomorrow for our game but they hardly bother with there own side. They are a different breed so dont be too bothered by this tw*ts post
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #4: Feb 21, 2009 06:27:11 pm
      If ye think mancs are w**kers Irish mancs are the worst set of living breathing w**kers on Gods Earth. Deep down that fella is really saying I wish we had Gerrard instead of Carrick Fletcher Anderson Hargreaves etc etc....They will have pubs all over Ireland infested with there prescence tomorrow for our game but they hardly bother with there own side. They are a different breed so dont be too bothered by this tw*ts post

True, they all jump on the Dunphy bandwagon, but then ignore his opinions of Ronaldo!! They are like parasites in every single pub! They are the definition of 'sing when your winning' fans. Except of course they dont actually sing!
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #5: Feb 21, 2009 06:37:06 pm
      Hate Mancs, Hate Mancs, Hate Mancs ...
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #6: Feb 21, 2009 06:39:47 pm
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #7: Feb 21, 2009 06:45:08 pm
      What do you lot expect to read from scum supporters they all talk sh*t!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #8: Feb 21, 2009 07:17:39 pm

This statement is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard come out of a Manc's mouth

To be perfectly honest, what do you expect to find when you go on another club's site?  :-\

I would have been much more surprised if you had found a "Gerrard Appreciation Thread", or something like that!  ;D They're going to take the piss out of our lads, the same way we do with theirs. And when they find a player as faultless as Stevie, they'll just make up some crap like you found instead! ;)

I wouldn't waste your time reading their sh*te in future!  ;)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #9: Feb 21, 2009 07:19:56 pm
      To be perfectly honest, what do you expect to find when you go on another club's site?  :-\

I would have been much more surprised if you had found a "Gerrard Appreciation Thread", or something like that!  ;D They're going to take the piss out of our lads, the same way we do with theirs. And when they find a player as faultless as Stevie, they'll just make up some crap like you found instead! ;)

Yeah I see your point, I wouldn't have usually posted it on here it was just that statement about him having 15 good minutes, one of the most untrue statements I have ever heard! Obviously never seen our Gerrard inspired victories before.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Feb 21, 2009 08:09:26 pm
      What on earth are you doing on that scum site.

The reason why there slagging our Stevie off is that they really want him for themselves...........Ove r my dead body  :f_steam:

For god's sake Ross, don't waste your bloody time even looking at that crap.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #11: Feb 21, 2009 08:21:42 pm
      Well put MsG , they are just a pile of manc wankers.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #12: Feb 21, 2009 08:50:49 pm
      What on earth are you doing on that scum site.

The reason why there slagging our Stevie off is that they really want him for themselves...........Ove r my dead body  :f_steam:

For god's sake Ross, don't waste your bloody time even looking at that crap.

Hmm I don't know, I didn't go out looking for this sh*te, I find it interesting to hear opinions from different supporters to be honest, even if they do support Man United.

To be fair, there are quite a few posts in that thread from Man United supporters who agree that he is the best all round player in England and that they would have loved him at United. You do get decent people that are prepared to speak the truth, but then there's the sheep that give ill educated guesses and statements that make no sense.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Feb 22, 2009 09:47:26 am
      A Scum supporter said this? Well, i never..
      MsGerrard
      Reply #14: Feb 22, 2009 05:47:30 pm
      These bas**rds will be made up tonight.

:mad: :mad:
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #15: Feb 22, 2009 05:55:37 pm
      Who cares what all the people in southern england think anyway :D

Check out the main anti-Gerrard posters profile in there anyway: (vijay)

Biography:
          I am a great fan of Soccer. I also follow NFL, NBA, NHL and other top top sports.
      Interests:
          I support Chicago Fire, Columbus Crew, FCDallas, LA Galaxy all at once
          None

Favourite Player:
          All MLS legends and El Hadji Diouf

...dear god. Soccer? Diouf?
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #16: Feb 22, 2009 06:10:04 pm
      loved dat video, was hilarious! gerrard is not overrated, infact he doesnt get enough praise for what he does!
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #17: Feb 23, 2009 09:08:18 pm
      the sad thing about this though is that there is just an element of truth to the comment...yes, it is an exaggeration but we've all commented on stevie going missing at times. we've also noticed that our whole team is often lacking a guts-and-glory attitude compared to some other teams.

so, manc scum or not, he's touched a nerve here.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #18: Feb 23, 2009 09:12:43 pm

Gerrard is the most overrated player I am ever heard of.

Real intelligent bunch aren't they, they cant even make a short sentence make sense. Dread to think what their table manners are like :lmao:

Thick as 2 short planks the lot of them!

Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #19: Feb 24, 2009 07:32:05 pm
      Jealousy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #20: Feb 24, 2009 07:57:33 pm
      I wonder if there are any dating sites affiliated to that Redcafe.

You know where brothers can date sisters!
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #21: Feb 24, 2009 10:34:22 pm
      what

what do you mean ....something like this tat http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=7815.0
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #22: Feb 25, 2009 12:06:02 pm

I take it you're not a fan of Tevez then?  ::)

I have to say I do find this a bit rich coming from someone who openly admitted having bought a David Beckham shirt under the pretext that it wasn't very expensive.  :f_whistle:

I could list you countless threads ripping into United's players, but there's no need, they're all over the forum! :D As for the Tevez thread, it has it's place. He's a fine player, and unlike 99% of United's players one I can respect, both for his talent and the fact that he doesn't get involved in the press mind-games by belittling our club.

If and when he does I'll be the first to take back the respect I have for him and shall start a thread saying he's a tosser.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #23: Feb 26, 2009 02:23:00 am
      They're now moaning about how we beat Madrid with "less chances" and "boring football", and that in comparison they didn't beat Inter with more chances.

Pillocks.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #24: Feb 26, 2009 02:58:32 am
      I wonder if there are any dating sites affiliated to that Redcafe.

You know where brothers can date sisters!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

In all seriousness, I do hope this thread doesn't go beyond two pages.....
      robbyr
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #25: Feb 27, 2009 09:32:51 am
      I take it you're not a fan of Tevez then?  ::)

I have to say I do find this a bit rich coming from someone who openly admitted having bought a David Beckham shirt under the pretext that it wasn't very expensive.  :f_whistle:

I could list you countless threads ripping into United's players, but there's no need, they're all over the forum! :D As for the Tevez thread, it has it's place. He's a fine player, and unlike 99% of United's players one I can respect, both for his talent and the fact that he doesn't get involved in the press mind-games by belittling our club.

If and when he does I'll be the first to take back the respect I have for him and shall start a thread saying he's a tosser.
      jeeze youve got a memory like an elephant man, i hope your not fat like one, I like it, bet your good at exams
      but my beckham top cost a fiver hardly expensive and its a lovely adidas LA Galaxy job, and I dont mind the man because he left the scum (good idea lad).
      Tevez is ok, but he really needs to see a dentist (ala joe jordan)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #26: Feb 27, 2009 11:56:04 am
      Name Changed

I'd hate to read the other 7,426 posts he's made.

What a gobs***e.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #27: Feb 28, 2009 11:31:36 pm

Hmm they don't have players like Ronaldo, Nani, Rooney, Berbatov. I wonder who this soft cu*ts hero is then? Neville, Fletcher or some c**t like John O'Shea.

Would it be wrong of me to suggest Al' Qeada do a spectacular on Wembley Stadium tomorrow?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #28: Feb 28, 2009 11:34:25 pm
      Hmm they don't have players like Ronaldo, Nani, Rooney, Berbatov. I wonder who this soft cu*ts hero is then? Neville, Fletcher or some c**t like John O'Shea.

Would it be wrong of me to suggest Al' Qeada do a spectacular on Wembley Stadium tomorrow?

Ooooh controversial!

Hmm, if they just held back Fergie til everybody was clear then I guess that's acceptable!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #29: Feb 28, 2009 11:35:00 pm

::)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #30: Feb 28, 2009 11:56:15 pm

Probably would be yep.
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #31: Mar 01, 2009 12:05:31 am

Name Changed

Just like Scholes and Rooney then. Am guessing if Gerrard played for the scum and scored he would just sit in his seat and say i hate gerrard.
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #32: Mar 01, 2009 09:49:33 am
      Well I'm a Man Utd fan and I post on RedCafe, well I think Gerard is a great player and I was glad he didn't go to Chelsea when everyone thought it was a done deal. However I fail to understand how we could be 'jealous', 10 league titles in 15 years is something other teams should be jealous of...
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #33: Mar 01, 2009 09:55:37 am
      Hmm I don't know, I didn't go out looking for this sh*te, I find it interesting to hear opinions from different supporters to be honest, even if they do support Man United.

To be fair, there are quite a few posts in that thread from Man United supporters who agree that he is the best all round player in England and that they would have loved him at United. You do get decent people that are prepared to speak the truth, but then there's the sheep that give ill educated guesses and statements that make no sense.

Absolutely right, like on this site you can find people who dismiss Scholes when I know that even when Beckham was there Scholes was our best player. No argument that he's the world's worst tackler but that aside, he just controls the game completely on a good day...
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #34: Mar 01, 2009 10:52:38 am
      You must be one of tne of the decent Manchester United fans then :)?
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #35: Mar 01, 2009 01:42:37 pm
      You must be one of tne of the decent Manchester United fans then :)?

We're not as rare as you think you know, I'm an old b***ard now so I can remember when Liverpool were where United are now, football success tends to come in cycles and I know that...
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #36: Mar 01, 2009 01:43:59 pm

We're not as rare as you think you know, I'm an old b***ard now so I can remember when Liverpool were where United are now, football success tends to come in cycles and I know that...

You talk sense unlike most others. I can understand that they're naturally biased towards their team - as are we, but even they have to admit that Gerrard is legend material, just like Cantona was and Scholes is.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #37: Mar 01, 2009 02:53:22 pm
      You talk sense unlike most others. I can understand that they're naturally biased towards their team - as are we, but even they have to admit that Gerrard is legend material, just like Cantona was and Scholes is.

Yeah I wouldn't read too much into what REALLY biased fans say, I remember about 12 years ago watching Man City playing Middlesbrough with a mate who's a City fan and Gazza scored after trying to fend off an over eager City player. My mate insisted that they should have had a free kick because Gazza fended the player off with his arm, he seemed unable to see his City player kicking seven shades of s*** out of Gazza....

I try to be more objective although I don't rate Drogba...:)...
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #38: Mar 05, 2009 05:25:31 pm
      It's obvious that any who play for us that will be a target for their attempt at humour, keep trying it's not working very well ,it's because their site is a banter free zone it stunts any attempt at humour.

I am old enough to remember when they had trouble filling up a ground that held about 40 odd thousand  so I will not be lectured to by a bunch of fickle heads. Get a life......
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #39: Mar 13, 2009 04:27:25 pm

Name Changed

Oh My God! Now I always knew Mancs were full of sh*te and dont know the first thing about football, But F*** Me!!!
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #40: Mar 13, 2009 07:57:18 pm
      I am old enough to remember when they had trouble filling up a ground that held about 40 odd thousand  so I will not be lectured to by a bunch of fickle heads. Get a life......

Hmm, you must be in your nineties then, kudos on becoming competent with new technology at such an advanced age.......
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #41: Mar 13, 2009 11:00:38 pm
      Hmm, you must be in your nineties then, kudos on becoming competent with new technology at such an advanced age.......

Maybe he is referring to the late 80's or 90s when around 25,000 fans would disappear off the face of the Earth when you weren't playing us and were playing lesser teams?

Until you won the league in 1992 - you're average attendance was nowhere near the capacity of your stadium - after that it was a sell out week in week out. Overnight you gained yourself 15,000 'die-hards' after that title win.  You can dress it up if you want but that's a fact.  Anfield is always a sell out and we haven't won the title for .... well you know how long.

King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #42: Mar 14, 2009 03:56:06 pm
      Maybe he is referring to the late 80's or 90s when around 25,000 fans would disappear off the face of the Earth when you weren't playing us and were playing lesser teams?

Until you won the league in 1992 - you're average attendance was nowhere near the capacity of your stadium - after that it was a sell out week in week out. Overnight you gained yourself 15,000 'die-hards' after that title win.  You can dress it up if you want but that's a fact.  Anfield is always a sell out and we haven't won the title for .... well you know how long.

Well, sorry to burst your bubble but United have had the highest average attendance for every single year since the early 60s, probably even longer. I know because I was a regular in the 70s and 80s and I remember vividly the lowest crowd for a league game in my time....

It was versus QPR on a terrible night, the worst rain I've ever seen, this was at a time when we never won the league, still averaged 55,000 so this assertion that most of our fans are 'glory hunters' is plainly wrong...

Of course there are glory hunters but Liverpool had them as well when they were the team to beat, anyway congratulations on a great performance and win today but I'm afraid it'll make no difference to the title...;)...
      MsGerrard
      Reply #43: Mar 14, 2009 03:58:37 pm

Wonder what these tw*ts have to say for themselves  :laugh:

Wonder who fergie will blame for today's annihilation  :laugh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #44: Mar 14, 2009 04:28:36 pm
      Well, sorry to burst your bubble but United have had the highest average attendance for every single year since the early 60s, probably even longer. I know because I was a regular in the 70s and 80s and I remember vividly the lowest crowd for a league game in my time....

Prove it if you are so sure about it!
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #45: Mar 14, 2009 04:54:40 pm
      Wheres our manc mate now then??
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #46: Mar 14, 2009 05:13:09 pm
      Prove it if you are so sure about it!

Why do I need to prove it? If you want to believe that we have nothing but glory hunter fans then you are more than welcome to believe that...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #47: Mar 14, 2009 08:47:11 pm

It was versus QPR on a terrible night, the worst rain I've ever seen, this was at a time when we never won the league, still averaged 55,000 so this assertion that most of our fans are 'glory hunters' is plainly wrong...

Of course there are glory hunters but Liverpool had them as well when they were the team to beat, anyway congratulations on a great performance and win today but I'm afraid it'll make no difference to the title...;)...

I don't have a bubble.  I got the figures from a United website.  You had the biggest ground in terms of capacity since around 1975 I believe.

You had a 56,000 capacity ground that you averaged around 40,000 for the seasons I mentioned - which varied from full to around 29,000 in the seasons I mentioned - why would I make it up?

In any case - at least your fans stuck it through to the end today. ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #48: Mar 15, 2009 12:52:08 am

Whooo Hoo !!!! Nice one JD  :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #49: Mar 15, 2009 01:03:03 am
      But letting Andreas F***ing Dossena score the fourth goal in a 4-1 defeat at home is pretty bad.

A nice little post off redcafe  :lmao: and whose fault was it then that Dossena scored...............cos I seem to remember Van der fart just standing there, if you want a good laugh, get on and see the red devils squirm  :action-smiley-055:

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #50: Mar 15, 2009 09:50:09 am
      If anyone wants to feel even better about yesterdays result, just head over to RedCafe. Plenty of threads proving that no matter what a Man United fan says about that game, it hurt them. Real bad.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #51: Mar 15, 2009 01:53:11 pm
      I don't have a bubble.  I got the figures from a United website.  You had the biggest ground in terms of capacity since around 1975 I believe.

You had a 56,000 capacity ground that you averaged around 40,000 for the seasons I mentioned - which varied from full to around 29,000 in the seasons I mentioned - why would I make it up?

What seasons did you mention? Anyway as I'm an old geezer I can report that my first visit to Old Trafford was in 1971 as a kid and as far as I can remember we always had the highest average crowd...

Actually I think I can remember one year that Liverpool had the highest average but then again they were perennial champions at the time, dare I say that there were possibly one or two glory hunting fans at the time?......

By the way the QPR game that I alluded to had a crowd of 28,000, far and away the smallest crowd for a game that I attended at Old Trafford, I remember a great goal from Jimmy Greenhoff at the Scoreboard End...:)...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #52: Mar 15, 2009 03:54:55 pm
      Why do I need to prove it? If you want to believe that we have nothing but glory hunter fans then you are more than welcome to believe that...

Because if you are so sure that you had the highest average attendance for every single year since the early 60s then I want to see some proof becasue as it stands it seems as though you are just talking out of your ass.

Well, sorry to burst your bubble but United have had the highest average attendance for every single year since the early 60s, probably even longer. I know because I was a regular in the 70s and 80s

Also, what does "I know because I was a regular in the 70s and 80s" have to do with the highest average attendance during the 60's?
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #53: Mar 15, 2009 04:01:38 pm

Kop for that!!! HA!! :lmao:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #54: Mar 15, 2009 04:20:16 pm
      Just had a look a "RedCafe", Whats with all the advertising? Well done JD etal for keeping this place clean and tidy.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #55: Mar 15, 2009 04:24:02 pm
      I always look there when I'm in need of a laugh. Every other topic is about Liverpool, how Rafa is cracking up, how Gerrard is the world's worst diver and how Torres can't score for toffee.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #56: Mar 15, 2009 04:28:00 pm
      Just had a look a "RedCafe", Whats with all the advertising? Well done JD etal for keeping this place clean and tidy.

And to yourself, and everyone else in the Anfield Hero member group who has contributed to the running costs of the forum! ;)

Can score against them though! :D

Sorry, couldn't resist! ;)
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #57: Mar 15, 2009 05:24:22 pm
      Because if you are so sure that you had the highest average attendance for every single year since the early 60s then I want to see some proof becasue as it stands it seems as though you are just talking out of your ass.

Also, what does "I know because I was a regular in the 70s and 80s" have to do with the highest average attendance during the 60's?

Well Kenny, in fact I actually believe that Liverpool once (just once) had the highest average attendance but that was just one year. Again I will only say what the situation was since I first started going but are you aware that in the 74/75 season the highest crowd in any division was the 60,000 who were at Old Trafford for the United game with Sunderland?...

PS We were were in the 2nd division at the time......
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #58: Mar 15, 2009 05:28:25 pm
      but are you aware that in the 74/75 season the highest crowd in any division was the 60,000 who were at Old Trafford for the United game with Sunderland?...

I wasn't even born then and seeing as it has nothing to do with Liverpool i wouldn't expect to know that so no i am not aware of that.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #59: Mar 15, 2009 05:34:15 pm
      I wasn't even born then and seeing as it has nothing to do with Liverpool I wouldn't expect to know that so no I am not aware of that.

I'm just trying to get it across that United fans aren't all glory hunters because I can remember very well when Liverpool were winning the title most years. At this time United were winning nothing (the cup once in a while) but still had the biggest crowds so we may have a few glory hunters but Liverpool had them at the time as well you know....

Every cockney I meet on holiday now turns out to be a Chelsea fan now and before they were all Arsenal fans...;)...

Actually I have some friends who were always Chelsea fans since they were winning nowt so they're alright...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #60: Mar 15, 2009 05:42:27 pm
      I'm just trying to get it across that United fans aren't all glory hunters because I can remember very well when Liverpool were winning the title most years. At this time United were winning nothing (the cup once in a while) but still had the biggest crowds so we may have a few glory hunters but Liverpool had them at the time as well you know....

I never said that all United fans are glory hunters to be fair and yes of course Liverpool have had their fair share of glory hunters, as have Chelsea, Arsenal, Madrid, Milan etc. Every top team has them but since United 1st won the league under Fergie there have been a lot more glory hunters on their behalf IMO.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #61: Mar 15, 2009 05:53:03 pm
      I never said that all United fans are glory hunters to be fair and yes of course Liverpool have had their fair share of glory hunters, as have Chelsea, Arsenal, Madrid, Milan etc. Every top team has them but since United 1st won the league under Fergie there have been a lot more glory hunters on their behalf IMO.

Not you personally but there are a lot of posters on here who think that most United fans are glory hunters, anyway you're right of course, every successful club has its share of glory hunters and of course since we first won the league in 1993 a lot of 'em have been crawling out of the woodwork, that's life...

Anyway I have attended much worse thrashings than your lot handed out yesterday so not being raised ONLY on success I can see it as a mere blip...;)...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #62: Mar 15, 2009 10:05:36 pm

First thing that struck me as well.  Wonder how much money they make out of all that - F***ing eyesore though.

King Cantona, I think I was talking about mid and late 80's up to your title win.  I think your capacity was 56,000 from around 1975.

Here's a graph off Wikipedia. (Average OT attendances)

Anyway, I'm not getting in to an argument.  I'm not for a minute suggesting that United don't have a true fanbase such as yourselves, and I appreciate your contributions to the discussions on this board.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #63: Mar 15, 2009 10:07:14 pm
      Anyway I have attended much worse thrashings than your lot handed out yesterday so not being raised ONLY on success I can see it as a mere blip...;)...

I've seen much more convincing thrashings by Liverpool as well, like on Tuesday night against Real Madrid. ;)

King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #64: Mar 15, 2009 10:30:48 pm
      First thing that struck me as well.  Wonder how much money they make out of all that - f**king eyesore though.

King Cantona, I think I was talking about mid and late 80's up to your title win.  I think your capacity was 56,000 from around 1975.

Actually the capacity was around 60,000 at the time, I remember us playing Tottenham, Leeds and Everton where the crowd was in excess of 60,000. The gates were often locked although there was only 58,000 in the ground, when we played Liverpool we never had the full 60,000 as these were all ticket matches but I liked it when they locked the gates and no more people could get in because it meant we were packed out. And this happened very often...
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #65: Mar 23, 2009 12:08:49 am
      Just checked RedCafe to see some reactions, and it's pretty negative there.

Most of them are clinging to the international break as their last lifeline.

;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #66: Apr 13, 2009 09:06:35 pm
      For once I'm not going to slag RedCafe or United.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/hillsborough-243540/
      Some very moving tributes and even a few who feel a bit more enlightened.

From all the tributes that were left at Anfield, it's the one that I saw pinned to a Kop door that has stuck with me the most. It went simply:

"Just like the pheonix rose from the ashes of Munich,
      So too will the Liverbird rise again.

You Never Walk Alone

From All the lads on the Stretty."

Sometimes they're not all bad.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #67: Apr 13, 2009 09:25:43 pm
      Just read all those posts on Redcafe, it's nice to see for once putting the bitter rivalry aside and reflecting on what's really important here.

Like in all walks of life there are the good and there are the bad.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #68: Apr 13, 2009 09:33:39 pm
      For once I'm not going to slag RedCafe or United.

Some very moving tributes and even a few who feel a bit more enlightened.

From all the tributes that were left at Anfield, it's the one that I saw pinned to a Kop door that has stuck with me the most. It went simply:

"Just like the pheonix rose from the ashes of Munich,
      So too will the Liverbird rise again.

You Never Walk Alone

From All the lads on the Stretty."

Sometimes they're not all bad.

That's good to see that. Fair play.
      rondog
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Re: RIP 96
      Reply #69: Apr 13, 2009 09:53:35 pm
      I want to bring this thread from the redcafe to everyones attention.

Its good to see that even Mancs have a compassionate side. A nice touch.
      « Last Edit: Apr 13, 2009 10:17:19 pm by smigger15 »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #70: Apr 13, 2009 10:17:03 pm

Its good to see that even Mancs have a passionate side. A nice touch.

Never thought I'd see the day  ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #71: Apr 13, 2009 10:45:10 pm

Its good to see that even Mancs have a compassionate side. A nice touch.

Good touch from the United fans. At least some of them do have an understanding of humanity.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #72: Apr 13, 2009 10:52:34 pm
      It's great to have the support. Thanks to them.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #73: Apr 13, 2009 11:02:46 pm
      It's good to know that there is people on redcafe who have posted links to information about what happened that day. Hopefully the same thing is going on on all the other football forums out there.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #74: Apr 13, 2009 11:36:34 pm
      Touching stuff that.

One of the posts that I noticed:

"God Bless Them.

I can remember it vividly, shocking day. As much as we hate on the scousers its days like today that remind us all its only a game."
      robbyr
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #75: Apr 14, 2009 12:26:51 am
      very moving to see humanity shown by rival fans, a friend of a friend died, i think everybody local know somebody who was effected.
      These comments just show that it is the minority morons who shout appauling comments at the match.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #76: Jul 04, 2009 02:55:23 pm
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #77: Jul 04, 2009 03:04:15 pm
      'Disconnected. You have been disconnected for disrupting the chat session.'

Didn't take me long. :f_tongueincheek:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #78: Jul 04, 2009 03:07:58 pm
      I laughed my ass off when I saw you spamming that.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #79: Jul 04, 2009 03:09:06 pm
      Simple yet effective.
      Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #80: Jul 04, 2009 03:13:16 pm
      Mancs know F**k all about football why listen to them they talk sh*t
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #81: Jul 04, 2009 03:13:54 pm
      Quite funny how much sh*t they put up with on that chat app.

I wouldn't normally do this but it's hard to resist after their major signing has been Owen ::)
      robbyr
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #82: Jul 04, 2009 03:23:29 pm
      that was quite refreshing.

ok who had the name michael owens brochure.....good un that.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #83: Jul 04, 2009 03:29:41 pm
      that was quite refreshing.

ok who had the name michael owens brochure.....good un that.

Were you WestDerby by any chance? :lmao:
      robbyr
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #84: Jul 04, 2009 03:31:28 pm
      yes....good call, i was proper buggin them...he he
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #85: Jul 04, 2009 03:32:24 pm
      You still are mate, getting right under their skin ;)

Anyway, that's enough for me - not that I said much. Just sat back and laughed ;D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #86: Jul 04, 2009 03:33:00 pm
      Awwww chat went down why did my internet connection have to F**k up.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #87: Jul 04, 2009 03:34:45 pm
      I think I cracked it, some lad called Arm_Chair_Kopite from Redcafe got so pissed off that it was down, I think he came here to have a wind up with us. The sh*te he talks out of his mouth is amazing, many mancs know nuts about football.

Some of my mancs mates texts upon hearing that Owen signed for them.

'Yeah Fergie has gone crazy but if he sign people like Owen then he can sign more and groom them into better players.'

'Just wait and see, Valencia could be our next ron.'

Complete bullshit that is.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #88: Jul 04, 2009 03:35:50 pm
      They've taken the chat thing down. :D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #89: Jul 04, 2009 03:37:48 pm
      I'm pissed off that my net went down for about 10 mintues there missed out on a lot of spamming. Might have to sign up when they get back up. ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #90: Jul 04, 2009 08:32:14 pm
      ;D clicked that link

this is what it said:

Server Status
      The site is experiencing hosting issues since Thursday July 2nd.

It is scheduled to be back up and running at some point on Saturday night, July 4th.

I've taken the chat room that was here down as it predictably degenerated into a farce :-)

Apologies for the extended down time (I'm pissed off about it too!).

Niall

Lmaooo
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #91: Jul 04, 2009 08:46:29 pm
      What an idiotic idea. That was always going to happen, don't know how they could be so stupid! :D

Anyway, if they decide whatever reason to put the chat back up, I'm joining in next time!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #92: Jul 05, 2009 10:38:48 am
      :lmao: Well done lads, well done.

Quick Reply