Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Liverpool FC - The Reserves Thread

Read 430311 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5047 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool FC - The Reserves Thread
      Reply #3059: Mar 02, 2015 08:17:10 pm
      Superbly taken goal from Jerome Sinclair, got a bright future that lad, especially that he's under Gods wing, so know doubt we'll be seeing plenty more strikes like that one

YNWA
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #3060: Mar 02, 2015 08:21:49 pm
      Great run a finish from Sinclair but Canos deserves a mention for good awareness in laying it off first time into Sinclair's path. Read the situation well and gave Sinclair the best opportunity for a one on one going into the penalty area.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #3061: Mar 02, 2015 08:25:44 pm
      Hope they're not starting to lose concentration now - especially O'Hanlon.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3062: Mar 02, 2015 08:27:50 pm
      Great to see Lussey back playing again, let's hope his injury niggles are behind him.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #3063: Mar 02, 2015 08:35:40 pm
      Really enjoy watching Stewart.
      Very energetic, combative and positionally aware.
      Canos is certainly not a fan of tracking back at times but is handy.
      There is a lot to like about this team.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #3064: Mar 02, 2015 08:45:07 pm
      The dirty little f**ker. That was a blatant foul on Canos.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #3065: Mar 02, 2015 08:52:56 pm
      Not a bad display. Well played lads.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5047 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3066: Mar 02, 2015 08:56:57 pm
      Very well done young Reds, beat those dirty young chavs convincingly, special mentions to Canos,Sinclair, Wilson, Stewart,
      Very good prospects all of them,

The future's bright indeed

YNWA

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #3067: Mar 02, 2015 09:10:38 pm
      Great win
       put the young chavs at thier place there
       WELL DONE LADS
      YNWA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,682 posts | 3903 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3068: Mar 03, 2015 10:13:23 am
      Obvious God influence is obvious.
      Keep it up, Jerome.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3069: Mar 03, 2015 10:25:14 am
      Great result for the lads last night against a Club that's dominated Youth football for a while now (even though none of them actually make it into their 1st team). 

Nice to know that we have so many who will be given a chance.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-u21s-2-0-chelsea-8756434
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3070: Mar 03, 2015 06:50:13 pm
      Let's hope a few of them attracted some interest last night, would be great to get some of them out on loan.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-u21s-boss-michael-8759558

Liverpool under 21s manager Michael Beale said he encouraged his players to “showcase” their talents in front of a big television audience as the young Reds ran out convincing 2-0 winners over champions Chelsea on Monday night.

A penalty from Harry Wilson and a stunning individual strike from Jerome Sinclair were the decisive moments at Chester’s Deva Stadium, bringing a third straight win for the team in a game broadcast live on Sky Sports as well as LFCTV.

It moves them up to fourth in the Barclays under 21s table – three points behind leaders Man Utd and with two games in hand – but Beale said player development rather than tables is the watchword for staff at the Academy.

Beale told the ECHO: “We don’t look at the league. The loan window ends at the end of this month and I’ve said before we were looking to get Sheyi (Ojo) out and he’s gone (to Wigan) and done ever so well and we won’t hold the boys back.

“We told them tonight to showcase themselves on TV, in front of a manager, in front of a scout and I thought one or two did that. I thought Kevin Stewart, playing in a new role was excellent, Alex O’Hanlon coming into the team has done really well. Lloyd Jones has come back from Cheltenham and he’s putting his name back in the market.”

Beale’s comments suggest Liverpool will be hoping several of their youngsters find good loan situations before the end of March with the Reds well aware of the positive effect Jordon Ibe’s spell at Derby had on his development.

And Ibe’s success since his recall and move to the first team has had a galvanising effect on those who were previously playing alongside him, said the Reds manager.

“He’s one of us Jordon, he works hard every day, he’s their friend and to see one of your friends go and do something like that, you’re just so happy for him. We know we’ve got a manager that really believes in the youth and his staff have all texted in and called in to us tonight. Their support is brilliant for us.”

One of those likely to be interesting several clubs is striker Jerome Sinclair who won the penalty, scored a great goal – his 22nd of the season – and generally caused lots of problems for a nervy Chelsea backline.

Liverpool’s youngest ever player has been working with Robbie Fowler at Kirkby and recently joined the first team on the trip to Istanbul for the Europa League tie with Beşiktaş.

Beale said: “For Jerome he had his first team debut when he was ever so young and then he had a year last year that was in and out with injury.

“He’s come back this year and been fantastic and I think that (going to Istanbul) just gives him that extra little boost he needs.

“I spoke to him about it going into this game and said ‘look, what a fantastic experience that was and if you want that every week then these are the sort of games when you have to deliver’ and he did that.

“The goal was on his weaker left foot again. He had the one against Man City where he hit the underside of the bar and he’s also set a goal up with Harry on his left foot.

“He’s done a bit of work with Robbie Fowler and while I don’t think his left foot will ever be at that level he’s obviously coming on and we’re really pleased for him.

“The goal came at the right time because we came in at half time and Harry Wilson and Sergi (Canos) had both missed a great chance possibly for us to go two or three nil up in the first half so we said at half time we must take our chances. It came out of nothing really, what a goal. I’m pleased for him because he works so hard.”

Liverpool reverted to a back four with Kevin Stewart operating as a defensive midfielder just in front of them and the formation gave the team a very solid look throughout the 90 minutes with Beale keen to give his defence some credit.

“Not having Jordan Williams (in first team squad) and Jordan Rossiter (injured) are two big losses and our oldest full-backs Brad Smith and Ryan McLaughlin never started, so fair play to those boys. We’ve got lots of attacking players that will interest the fans and the press so for the defenders to get a pat on the back tonight I think is the right thing.”

Beale spent 10 years at Chelsea working in youth development and is well aware of the quality of their youth set-up.

“Chelsea are a real top team – anyone who knows anything about youth development and the players they’ve got and the investment they’ve made knows that, so that’s a credible performance tonight.

“The game at their place at the end of the season now will take on a whole new level because we’ve laid a marker down and they’ll want to knock us out of the way I’m sure.

“I think we’ve been due it because in front of the TV against Man Utd we slightly disappointed ourselves. These boys are just looking for a chance and they won’t let anybody down.

“They’re certainly showing they’re worthy of the Liverpool shirt.”
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #3071: Mar 03, 2015 07:11:44 pm
      Really exciting times for our youth development set up and it does feel like there is a bit of a conveyor belt going now with Flanagan, Wisdom and Sterling all coming through and making varying degrees of impact, then Rossiter and of course young Ibe looks nailed on to be a future star. I've been out of touch with the youngsters since they took LFC tv away as a free channel on Sky this season but I'd be interested to hear your view on a few of the lads Debs (or Billy). Obviously it takes a lot to jump from youth to being a first teamer at a club of Liverpools magnitude. I know they can all look like real talents at this level but we are probably only talking one or two to make it through (if that) from each age group. Who do you think has the best chance of making it at the club?

From what I have seen (up until the end of last season) Rossiter appeared to be the one most likely to make the step up. I also liked what I saw of Wilson and Kent. I know Branagan was linked with a big move to Spain in the summer but he hadn't been one who had necessarily caught my eye when I had seen him play in a few fixtures previously. Obviously Sinclair is having a terrific season but plenty of young strikers tear it up in the reserve leagues, does he have the talent to go all the way? I did see a bit of Ojo last season and my feeling was that he looked very raw but I gather he has made some big steps forward this season?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3072: Mar 03, 2015 07:45:34 pm
      I'd be interested to hear your view on a few of the lads Debs

There's more than an odd one or two who could and should make it mate but as you rightly say it's a massive step up directly from Academy to the 1st team. 

If anything it's the younger ones who probably have the best chance, those turning 17/18 this season will be the most productive.  The obvious ones from this age group are those everyone already knows about, Rossiter, Ojo, Wilson, Canos, Sinclair, Brannagan but then you've got Philips, Hart, Chirivella, Fulton who are starting to push on this season.

Slightly older at 18/19 you've got Williams who's already featured with the 1sts, Jones who's just come back from a short loan at Cheltenham, Randall, Cleary, Kent who've again have stepped up again this season.

Not sure how many of the older ones will get on though.  McLaughlan, Smith, Pelosi and Yesil have really suffered with either long term serious injuries or constant niggly injuries.  Lussey and Trickett-Smith haven't really pushed on but then Texeira is doing really well at Brighton.

Check out some of the other Youth related threads though as there's always discussion about how the lads are getting on. 
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #3073: Mar 03, 2015 07:59:30 pm
      There's more than an odd one or two who could and should make it mate but as you rightly say it's a massive step up directly from Academy to the 1st team. 

Not sure how many of the older ones will get on though.  McLaughlan, Smith, Pelosi and Yesil have really suffered with either long term serious injuries or constant niggly injuries.  Lussey and Trickett-Smith haven't really pushed on but then Texeira is doing really well at Brighton.

I would agree on the lads you mentioned here, I know some were big on the likes McLaughlin and Trickett-Smith and  some of the others but I can't say I ever saw that X-Factor in them that makes you stand up and take notice. Texeiria certainly looks like he could be the next one of the line, you have to be excited if your an LFC fan and I think these past few years (not including last season) of being out of the top four may prove to have been beneficial in terms of the time/opportunities our youngsters have been afforded in and around the first team set-up. I think they have been able to come through in a slightly less pressurised environment and now we are seeing today's youngsters being inspired by the progress of players like Sterling and Ibe, what better way to build momentum within a youth system.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3074: Mar 03, 2015 08:11:59 pm
      I would agree on the lads you mentioned here, I know some were big on the likes McLaughlin and Trickett-Smith and  some of the others but I can't say I ever saw that X-Factor in them that makes you stand up and take notice. Texeiria certainly looks like he could be the next one of the line, you have to be excited if your an LFC fan and I think these past few years (not including last season) of being out of the top four may prove to have been beneficial in terms of the time/opportunities our youngsters have been afforded in and around the first team set-up. I think they have been able to come through in a slightly less pressurised environment and now we are seeing today's youngsters being inspired by the progress of players like Sterling and Ibe, what better way to build momentum within a youth system.

Oh I can imagine what it must be like round the Academy mate, they must be buzzing knowing they have the same opportunity as those lads if they continue to work hard. 

It's got to be a first though where a Premier League Club has younger regular starters than they have at the Academy.  Ibe, Raheem, Can, Markovic are 19/20 yet we've got lads 21/22 at Youth level who still haven't experienced playing in a pro game!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3075: Mar 09, 2015 06:59:49 pm
      Mini Derby about to ko http://www.vipleague.is/football/289667/1/liverpool-u21-vs-everton-u21-live-stream-online.html

Tonights team

Vigouroux, Williams, Maguire, Jones, Sakho, Stewart, Canos, O’Hanlon, Sinclair, Brannagan, Dunn

Subs: Fulton, Trickett-Smith, Wilson, Cleary, Smith

Great move to give Sakho some game time.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3076: Mar 09, 2015 07:15:33 pm
      Some beautiful turns and one touch football in this game from our lads, technically we look light years ahead of Neverton.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #3077: Mar 09, 2015 07:17:53 pm
      Mini Derby about to ko http://www.vipleague.is/football/289667/1/liverpool-u21-vs-everton-u21-live-stream-online.html

Tonights team

Vigouroux, Williams, Maguire, Jones, Sakho, Stewart, Canos, O’Hanlon, Sinclair, Brannagan, Dunn

Subs: Fulton, Trickett-Smith, Wilson, Cleary, Smith

Great move to give Sakho some game time.

Good experience for the lads to pick up some pointers from a real pro too!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3078: Mar 09, 2015 07:21:08 pm
      Good experience for the lads to pick up some pointers from a real pro too!

Absolutely mate. 
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #3079: Mar 09, 2015 07:22:29 pm
      Wow, even I felt that tackle.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3080: Mar 09, 2015 07:24:57 pm

Aye he had to check they were still there a few times  :D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3081: Mar 09, 2015 07:25:51 pm
      Sakho's composure is fantastic. Hopefully, we'll see Can and Sakho back in defence vs Swansea

Quick Reply