Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Liverpool 4 - 0 Blackburn - Post match celebration

Read 20714 times
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 4 - 0 Blackburn - Post match celebration
      Reply #69: Apr 12, 2009 04:49:06 am
      hope man utd wonder boy who they stole of lazio. he is only getting 35k a year. will get a red card or injury. he is the only reason they are top. hope they get caned by porto this week. we have the better schedule this is going down to the wire. the reds arnt suffering from fatigue just oozing with confidence. just keep praying YES WE CAN
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #70: Apr 12, 2009 05:11:47 am
      Barack Obama in disguise.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #71: Apr 12, 2009 05:26:30 am
      I agree with DLS........shocked to find it's only four pages long  ::)

I'm not, only when we get poor results that people come on and their head seems to explode with madness that they post. Moaning and bitching about how the team is only a two man team and go on to list players from Manure who are good and why we don't have players like that etc etc.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #72: Apr 12, 2009 07:52:05 am
      I'm not, only when we get poor results that people come on and their head seems to explode with madness that they post. Moaning and bitching about how the team is only a two man team and go on to list players from Manure who are good and why we don't have players like that etc etc.

Exactly right - a large majority of the moaners when we lose don't bother to take the time to celebrate with the rest of us when we win.

Many of those who enjoy dissecting our defeats to the smallest detail don't see the interest in doing the same for our victories.

Sadly I also believe that many people were more interested in the "glamorous" uphill struggle we have ahead of us on Tuesday, compared to a "mundane" league match.

I'm just chuffed to bits that we won! All we can do is win the games that remain one by one and see where it takes us, and for the moment the team is doing that.

Well in Redmen!
      zzlamezz123
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #73: Apr 12, 2009 08:02:13 am
      What a sweet win for against Blackburn! glad to see us win by such a big margin again ;D
      FP928
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Reply #74: Apr 12, 2009 08:33:59 am
      We look ready for this title, we look ready to jump on any mistake made by our opponents and we're ready to storm away from the chasing pack in the up coming weeks.

It's been a long long time in coming, a run in as important as this one but it's a welcomed run in by all Liverpool fans. We won't allow our players to throw it away now, they've worked too hard to get back into this position. We have walked through the wind and rain this season, our dreams have been tossed and blown a bit but at the end of that storm our sky is golden and our heads are held high with hope in our hearts.

This is our year and I can't believe I doubted that less than two months ago but I did. Thankfully that belief is burning as strong as ever right now, especially after today's game which could of proven to be a banana skin with it being so close to the annerversiarry of the Hillsborough disaster our players minds could of been on more important things than football at this time. And I'm sure the lads wanted to win today for our 96 friends and their loved ones, I even saw Carra point to the banners in the crowd before kick off telling the rest of the lads that's what we're playing for when you put on the Red of Liverpool. You're playing for every single Liverpool fan, past, present and future.

This is our year, the first year of our decade of dominance.

DLS, your post literally gave me goosebumps! Wonderful.

Again, wonderful game. It's funny, though, how we practically sleepwalked through it at certain parts.
      I had cheek cramps at the end, from smiling so much. :D Absolutely made up about the scoreline, too!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #75: Apr 12, 2009 08:34:36 am
      Thought Masch and Yossi deserve special mention fot the whole hearted displays yesterday. There was 2 specific times when they fought hard to win back the ball and by doing so lifted the crowd even the knobs sat where I was  :f_steam:

Some cracking goals and I was especially pleased for N'Gog, he'll be a player. Insua was quality again yesterday and Xabi bossed the game superbly. Were doing our part and at the minute thats all we can ask
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #76: Apr 12, 2009 10:12:51 am
      I agree, Brian78.

Mascherano and Benayoun, WOW, what determination to win the ball for the team. Insua , once again very impressive especially his movements down the left and hardly makes mistakes for a player at such tender age. Riera was constantly giving the defence a tough time, beating their players most of the time. Xabi was controlling the centre, with his lovely passes and pin point cross for our 2nd goal. Carra did really well to put 2 wonderful crosses in that lead into goals. Dirk Kuyt could have got on the score sheet himself along with El Zhar. Wonderful strikes by Daniel Agger(who has shown that he deserves to start some games) and Fernando Torres, as well.

Really good team performance especially in the first half. I had trouble picking out the man of the match in the official website.

The perfect response for the Champions League defeat and the perfect confidence booster for the 2nd leg. Come Liverpool, Bolton could score 3 at the Bridge. We are better than Bolton and Chelsea.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #77: Apr 12, 2009 11:43:59 am
      Lucas is an absolute joke, how
      can anybody mention him
      and LFC in the same sentence
      JUSTICE FOR THE 96

It's quite simple. Lucas is a footballer who currently plays for LFC. It's no coincidence that his name is popping up alongside Liverpool.
      shrey024
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #78: Apr 12, 2009 11:58:24 am
      Hours before the match, I was just thinking: 'We need to win this (not that I ever doubted that we would). Even a 1-0 off Lucas's behind (I'm not saying his name to slag him off or anything; just appalled at the kind of negative support he gets) will do.'

But I'm not complaining. The Red men put on yet another fantastic display. Can't say I am surprised though, to be honest.

This fixture could have been a banana skin, but we did what was expected of us: Look up and do what we normally do.

6 more games to go...
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #79: Apr 12, 2009 01:01:38 pm
      Brilliant day yesterday,great atmosphere,great performance,great goals,thought Yossi & Masch were outstanding,perfectly observed minute`s silence by both sets of fans.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #80: Apr 12, 2009 01:27:07 pm
      I don't know if we made them look really bad or they made us look really good, so I'll go with a little of each.

Really glad to have come out with a good win it's the only way to shake of Wednesday and be ready for Chelsea.

After the first goal the match wasn't in doubt and it was just a matter of how many, We carved them open time and again only to be let down by the final ball, if we sort that out then even the league would become a stroll.

A special mention for Mascha for his all round play and oh how we missed him last week, another for Insua who showed how a full back should play, he must be in contention for Tuesday on that display, also Daniel Agger who had a solid game but tired early due to a lack of match games, it maybe hard to bring him back on Tuesday for that reason.

The rest all played well and the only negative is the final pass because this is another game where double figures wouldn't have flatered us and Blackburn escaped a mauling by their fingertips and they probably know this......
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #81: Apr 12, 2009 01:30:04 pm
      Well, still, its 3 points, so CELEBRATE!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #82: Apr 12, 2009 01:53:06 pm

another for Insua who showed how a full back should play, he must be in contention for Tuesday on that display

I doubt he'll be playing Tuesday Bartman, he's not in the Champions League squad is he?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #83: Apr 12, 2009 01:54:10 pm

I doubt he'll be playing Tuesday Bartman, he's not in the Champions League squad is he?

Sadly, your right MsG. Hope we won't regret it.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #84: Apr 12, 2009 02:11:21 pm
      Sadly, your right MsG. Hope we won't regret it.

I suppose Rafa had to leave some out, just a shame Insua was one of them.

There's always next season though  ;)
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #85: Apr 12, 2009 02:25:28 pm
      Repeat this in St.Bridge.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #86: Apr 12, 2009 02:43:01 pm
      Theres a quota on local and home bred  players we have to have in our squad that is why we had Kelly and Spearing as well instead of Hyypia in the group stage. Now it's Insua. Just hope we don't regret this decision because Insua is already a top class performer at 20 years old.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #87: Apr 12, 2009 02:51:55 pm

Oh, so you suddenly believe now do you? ::)
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #88: Apr 12, 2009 03:08:53 pm
      We all believe till the final whistle don't we?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,217 posts | 3392 
      Reply #89: Apr 12, 2009 03:15:51 pm
      We carved them open time and again only to be let down by the final ball, if we sort that out then even the league would become a stroll.

That's me biggest worry mate, if we can't put a decent ball in when we have all that space how are we gonna put a decent ball in when we have opponents up our arses. Our final ball yesterday was awful, it was painful to watch the amount of times our wide players struggled to put a decent ball in.

Best cross of the day was Xabi's free kick, a dead ball situation and Insua's boss cross only for Kuyt to miss a sitter from six yards out.

Against Chelsea we won't have that much space and we need a minumum of three goals so we can't afford to have players missing chances like Kuyt did against Blackburn.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #90: Apr 12, 2009 03:44:33 pm
      Yeah, we played well, but it was too easy and therefore harder to keep the performance up for the 90 mins. It was a good response after weds night though. Now lets go to chelsea and make some more history. We CAN do the same to them what they did to us, weve got to go at them 100% from the off. WE CAN DO THIS.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #91: Apr 12, 2009 05:25:10 pm
      We all believe till the final whistle don't we?

Not all mate, not all. Unfortunately.

Quick Reply