Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Cisse - Should he come back?

Sell him
      (51.2%)
      Bring him back
      (48.8%)

Bring Cisse Back

Read 12186 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Bring Cisse Back
      Dec 30, 2006 01:03:21 pm
      After a long thought, why are we trying to get rid of Djib? He's probably twice as better than Bellamy... Probably better than Kuyt in all.
      Bring The Lad Home.
      We've gotta stop arsing about and bring someone back who can stick it in the net.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Re: Bring Cisse Back
      Reply #1: Dec 30, 2006 02:00:12 pm
      ya Cisse is a good player but we dont need him no more. i wud swap him for david villa + 10 mill for him. bellers is a good player and will onlly get beter. we dont need cisse no more.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #2: Dec 30, 2006 04:11:01 pm
      I think the personality clash with Rafa was probably more responsible for his departure than his actual footballing prowess.
      Cy
      Reply #3: Dec 30, 2006 04:13:34 pm
      Cisse is a good player indeed, but ...A/ he dosent want to play for us anymore.
                                                        B/ His lack of defensive work is unacceptable if you want to play for the shirt.

He is deligthed to be at marseille(last interview I've read from him on the oficial marseille website at least suggest it strongely). as for our strikers of the moment, bellamy is as quick as Cisse, but does more in term of defensive work. Kyut is without a doubt our best weapon, a great signing..
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2006 04:14:38 pm by Cy »
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #4: Dec 30, 2006 05:27:58 pm
      yeah bring him back, fowler will most probly go in the summer, so it will mean 3 forwards, so bring back cisse hopefully he can play well, also we sinama pongolle is in rafa plans for next seasons so who knows what will happen.
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Reply #5: Dec 30, 2006 05:35:07 pm
      lads r we forgettin the get pongolle?? mayb we should have ciise pongolle partnership... would be good... both intellegent and quick
      Fowler even thou he is god... isnt as great as he was and will probs be there one more season or two ... I love fowler (no im not gay) but hes gettin on and we need young hopefuls to play (ciise, pongolle etc)
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Dec 30, 2006 07:45:42 pm
      lads r we forgettin the get pongolle?? mayb we should have ciise pongolle partnership... would be good... both intellegent and quick
      Fowler even thou he is god... isnt as great as he was and will probs be there one more season or two ... I love fowler (no im not gay) but hes gettin on and we need young hopefuls to play (ciise, pongolle etc)
      Welcome back JC.
      Pongolle said the reds and him are finished. Fair enough I was angry at his loan to Blackburn last season but now he has gone on to disrespect us. I couldn't care where he ends up in the end. But anyway, Cisse wants to come back to the club. But your idea of the Cisse, Pongolle partnership sounds good but with the demand of striking places there would be room for one of them.
      But at the end of the day it is up to the manager and whatever happens - happens.
      We'll just have to wait and see.
      Some people seem to forget but Djibrill won us the UEFA Super Cup, single handedly.
      Scoring two of the goals and assisting the third goal.
      And he contributed in the Champions League Final Penalty Shoot Out scoring a penatly.
      And got on the scoresheet for the FA Cup Final.
      I know he never scored as much as he really should have but if Benitez has all the time to give to Bellamy and players like Gonzalez to adapt to the team why can't Djib have a second chance? I know we always saw a disgusted look on Djib's face if he wasn't playing or things wasn't going his way, is because he is a winner.
      He scored 19 times last season. YES 19 times. Did any other striker that we had beat him on scoring? No.
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2006 08:16:42 pm by Court_LFC »
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #7: Dec 30, 2006 09:13:48 pm

He scored 19 times last season. YES 19 times.

19 goals while being played out of position for most of the season, come on rafa put aside the personal differences and get him back here!!
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #8: Dec 30, 2006 10:49:15 pm
      Pongolle did say him and the Reds are finished, but Rafa has stated there is a place for him at Anfield. So he may be back - as a winger ??
      I say sell Crouch - £12m, if someones daft enough to pay that then snap there hands off !!
      Only problem is that Cisse is a seaon long loan (I think - correct me if I'm wrong), so we would need a replacement for the rest of the season if Crouch goes.
      Bring Cisse back at the end of his loan, sell Crouch (£12m) next week and bring in a striker on loan for the rest of the season. - simple when your sat here  ;D :angel:
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #9: Dec 31, 2006 12:22:57 am
      19 goals while being played out of position for most of the season, come on rafa put aside the personal differences and get him back here!!
      I like what you said there... You're right, he was played out position. But when he was stuck upfront he never really got the chances to show everyone at Anfield of what he is really capeable of.
      Plus, suppose Tommo.... if Crouchy does go someone will have to fill his boots.
      Maybe a recall from loan perhaps? :D
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #10: Dec 31, 2006 11:25:14 am
      After a long thought, why are we trying to get rid of Djib? He's probably twice as better than Bellamy... Probably better than Kuyt in all.
      Bring The Lad Home.
      We've gotta stop arsing about and bring someone back who can stick it in the net.

I have to disagree in a big way. Cisse had pace there is no denying that, but he lacked ball control and finese. He was also a slacker when it came to work rate and this is one of the reasons why Rafa didnt like him. Cisse was not played out of position on most of the goals he scored this is an urban myth if Ive ever heard one a large majority of the goals were played from him running into the middle, this is where he is supposed to like playing anyway.

Other things to take into consideration is the fact that Cisse acts like an immature spoilt child, screaming out for attention, hence all the different hairdos tattoos and the massive cardboard cutout of himself on his own back at the cup final. Cisse is the sort of player who demands to be centre of attention and needs the accolade of the arm over around the shoulder from the manager stating "your the star son come on now we cant do this without you".

Now im not totally against him as a player he has some good attributes, and to be honest he made me laugh with some of his antics last season. Unfortunately he is not a team player in the sense of being a cog in the wheel of the red machine, and some of his tempermental shortcomings are mostly the reason why Rafa wanted rid of him. Sorry all but thats the bottom line and if you look at the evidence you know Im right and thats a fact.

As for the comparision between him and Bellers well I think Bellers has the makings for a kop legend myself, he has the same pace as Cisse if not quicker and has better ball control, once he learns to keep his temper in check (which there have been signs of already this season) then he will become a class act. Ok he too has his shortcomings but sometimes in order to get the best from players using the shrewd man management skills which Rafa has in abundance, you have to sway and look at whos personnalitys can be shaped to fit the cogs in the wheels of the red machine. Rafa can do that with Bellers but could not do it with Cisse and this is why Cisse in my opion should never see the light of day in a red shirt again.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #11: Dec 31, 2006 11:29:58 am
      I have to disagree in a big way. Cisse had pace there is no denying that, but he lacked ball control and finese. He was also a slacker when it came to work rate and this is one of the reasons why Rafa didnt like him. Cisse was not played out of position on most of the goals he scored this is an urban myth if Ive ever heard one a large majority of the goals were played from him running into the middle, this is where he is supposed to like playing anyway.

Other things to take into consideration is the fact that Cisse acts like an immature spoilt child, screaming out for attention, hence all the different hairdos tattoos and the massive cardboard cutout of himself on his own back at the cup final. Cisse is the sort of player who demands to be centre of attention and needs the accolade of the arm over around the shoulder from the manager stating "your the star son come on now we cant do this without you".

Now im not totally against him as a player he has some good attributes, and to be honest he made me laugh with some of his antics last season. Unfortunately he is not a team player in the sense of being a cog in the wheel of the red machine, and some of his tempermental shortcomings are mostly the reason why Rafa wanted rid of him. Sorry all but thats the bottom line and if you look at the evidence you know Im right and thats a fact.

As for the comparision between him and Bellers well I think Bellers has the makings for a kop legend myself, he has the same pace as Cisse if not quicker and has better ball control, once he learns to keep his temper in check (which there have been signs of already this season) then he will become a class act. Ok he too has his shortcomings but sometimes in order to get the best from players using the shrewd man management skills which Rafa has in abundance, you have to sway and look at whos personnalitys can be shaped to fit the cogs in the wheels of the red machine. Rafa can do that with Bellers but could not do it with Cisse and this is why Cisse in my opion should never see the light of day in a red shirt again.

Good post, thoroughly agree with you there mate
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #12: Dec 31, 2006 11:34:13 am
      Good post Pragmatic.  But to be fair there is a number of players at Anfield who I would not consider to be 'team players'.  I don't think Cisse is the only one. 

Okay he was a lazy b***ard, frustratingly lazy but you can't deny he could find the net.

On the whole if he is going to rock the boat then surely no player in the world is worth that.  But he was there at Istanbul - involved in one of finest hours.  We won the European Cup with this 'prima donna' in our ranks.

Just a thought.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #13: Jan 02, 2007 02:27:35 pm
      If we bring back cisse and sell crouch then will our best strike force be Kuyt-Bellamy or Fowler-Cisse ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #14: Jan 02, 2007 03:11:38 pm
      Crouch is staying mate.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #15: Jan 02, 2007 04:23:39 pm
      Cisse?? Back at Anfield??  Pllllllllease guys - Sorry I have to disagree at some of the posts here.  Cisse is a decent forward, BUT he's too full of himself, and doesn't have the attitude that goes with our huge club. Oh yeah AND he's lazy.  If he doesn't get ball to feet he winges instead of chasing after it- twit. I'm glad he's gone. I prefer Sinama Pongolle any day.

The Captain & Carra should have hauled his (Cisse) ass in front of the trophy cabinet, and said to him - " you see the history mate, this is what we're about - stop fannying about"!!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #16: Jan 02, 2007 11:40:12 pm
      Bring The Lad Home.

No way the Lad is sh*te, I cant believe that you can say he's better that Kuyt!?
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #17: Jan 03, 2007 01:08:49 am
      No way the Lad is sh*te, I cant believe that you can say he's better that Kuyt!?
      I don't know, just Cisse seemed to have the qualities...
      But all I am thinking is everyone thought Drogba was a waste of time. And everyone thought he had flopped. He was given the chance to adapt. And he adapted. Maybe it could of happened with Cisse and I do agree with the personality of Cisse that some of you have mentioned. Yeah' he did expect us to go come on son we can't do it without you. But at the end of the day it's the ability that counts. I thought Cisse was far better than Drogba in the Premiership when Drogba was at Chelsea but all's I can say is 'what if?' and nothing more. I know there is a VERY small chance of Cissé making an Anfield comeback but all's we can do is wait and see.
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #18: Jan 03, 2007 01:33:37 am
      I think its time to let bygones be bygones. We are a club moving forward and it was obvious that Djib was not the player Rafa wanted. He has much more promising plans up his sleeve for spending in the summer I'm sure. David Villa, Fernando Torres etc. Reds are on way up, Houiller's regime is almost reversed and I think we look like title contenders next time round. I know we always say this but if we can play excellent football at home and win virtually all, a little more strength in the squad will bring that to away fixtures too.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #19: Jan 03, 2007 02:38:38 am
      I think its time to let bygones be bygones. We are a club moving forward and it was obvious that Djib was not the player Rafa wanted. He has much more promising plans up his sleeve for spending in the summer I'm sure. David Villa, Fernando Torres etc. Reds are on way up, Houiller's regime is almost reversed and I think we look like title contenders next time round. I know we always say this but if we can play excellent football at home and win virtually all, a little more strength in the squad will bring that to away fixtures too.
      Your right mate, we are moving forward in more ways than others. We just have to sort out them away spells and starts of the seasons. Then we are on our way.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #20: Jan 03, 2007 11:46:24 pm
      WE DONT NEED CISSE NO MORE!!! Good player he will prob come bk and score against us in Europe, but wit the take over hopefully round the corner and money to spend we can get better than him. plus hes French! nout against the french but in all fairness they all want the attention. sorry guys we are goin places with out him.
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #21: Jan 03, 2007 11:51:24 pm
      Couldnt agree with you more Madzz, get shut of Cisse and move on. If you ask me, he was a huge disappointment at the club, and not welcome back. Some players are just not cut out for the premiership, he and Morientes fall into that group. No fear of him knocking us out of Champions League, Marseille won't get that far
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #22: Jan 06, 2007 09:51:17 pm
      Couldnt agree with you more Madzz, get shut of Cisse and move on. If you ask me, he was a huge disappointment at the club, and not welcome back. Some players are just not cut out for the premiership, he and Morientes fall into that group. No fear of him knocking us out of Champions League, Marseille won't get that far
      i wouldn't say cisse didn't adapt to the prem, just not to the idea of him not being the star player. before i believed we should bring him back as we wern't scoring but now we seem to have got some form, and while i wouldn't mind seeing him back i don't think we really need him.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #23: Jan 07, 2007 08:41:40 pm
      I'm not going to lock this poll until the 'Bring Cisse back' option has more votes ;)

Seriously though - nice to see him getting a hat-trick.  Maybe, maybe, maybe.  Suppose he is actual increasing in value if nothing else?
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #24: Jan 08, 2007 02:00:36 am
      I'm not going to lock this poll until the 'Bring Cisse back' option has more votes ;)

Seriously though - nice to see him getting a hat-trick.  Maybe, maybe, maybe.  Suppose he is actual increasing in value if nothing else?
      If we sell him, we sell him. But I would like to see him back...
      kawada
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #25: Jan 08, 2007 05:57:08 pm
      I would love him back but it will not happen while Rafa is the manager.  Rafa does not not really like Cisse.

yes he not the hardest worker but he scores goals.  started 19 league games and scored 9 goals last season.  crouch started 29 and scored 7.  Cisse will score loads this season for Marseille.  he will only play half a season but I be he bangs in plenty.

his value will not go up.  OM are not silly, the price will already have been agreed!  OM would not put Cisse in the shop window and then have Liverpool ask for more money.  I think we will get £6m max.  OM are in a good position as they know Rafa wants too sell ASAP.

this video shows that the guy can score goals.  Rafa never really gave him a run in the team as a striker even when crouch and morientes were struggling big time.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz6TebPMQQQ

here is the 3 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2paWwDEVKU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmD7fQcV6B8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gpmc7beAG4
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2007 06:09:20 pm by kawada »
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #26: Jan 08, 2007 06:22:42 pm
      crazy horse cisse is better than kuyt nt in work rate but in the finishin hes miles better and in pace
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #27: Jan 08, 2007 10:11:30 pm
      crazy horse cisse is better than kuyt nt in work rate but in the finishin hes miles better and in pace

Sorry the only thing you can use as evidence for that assumption is the pace argument. Cisse is nowhere near the class of player Kuyt is. As for Cisses finishing, dont make me laugh, he could have won the game for us against the SCUM at Old Crapford last season instead he decided to shoot over the crossbar. Kuyts workrate is his talismon and if you have bothered to research out any of his goals while he was in holland you would see what a great finisher he is, and by far the more superior player in technical ability, ball control and temprement.

Everyone may hark on about him scoring a hatrick at the weekend, but lets face it the french league is no where near as quick as the EPL or as hard. I still stand whole heartedly by what I stated some posts upward. I think we are well rid of him as he just will not fit in with Rafas red machine plans and he has brittle bones to boot. Hes bound to break his third leg before long anyway lmao ;D ;D.

Cisses only type of game is sprint as fast as you can up the middle then whack the ball as hard as you can goalward, and that is about his game, plain and simple really.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2007 10:13:16 pm by pragmatic »
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #28: Jan 08, 2007 11:19:33 pm

Every one is entittled to thier own opinion, but Im amazed that anyone can have that opinion.
      kawada
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #29: Jan 09, 2007 10:03:33 am
      Sorry the only thing you can use as evidence for that assumption is the pace argument. Cisse is nowhere near the class of player Kuyt is. As for Cisses finishing, dont make me laugh, he could have won the game for us against the SCUM at Old Crapford last season instead he decided to shoot over the crossbar. Kuyts workrate is his talismon and if you have bothered to research out any of his goals while he was in holland you would see what a great finisher he is, and by far the more superior player in technical ability, ball control and temprement.

Everyone may hark on about him scoring a hatrick at the weekend, but lets face it the french league is no where near as quick as the EPL or as hard. I still stand whole heartedly by what I stated some posts upward. I think we are well rid of him as he just will not fit in with Rafas red machine plans and he has brittle bones to boot. Hes bound to break his third leg before long anyway lmao ;D ;D.

Cisses only type of game is sprint as fast as you can up the middle then whack the ball as hard as you can goalward, and that is about his game, plain and simple really.

he misses 1 chance and people go on like he killed someone.  Kuyt, Bellamy and Crouch have all missed sitters.

I think the vid I put up shows Cisse can finish with a wide range of goals.  Yes it is Ligue 1 but for auxerre he showed that he knows how to score goals.  if he is so rubbish how did he score more goals than drogba and morientes in 2003/2004 season?  I have been watching cisse play since he first broke into the auxerre team and French U-21's and I have always said he was a goal scorer and i still believe that.  If he was playing for arsenal he would be great for them as the way they play suites his game more. 

Rafa likes both strikers too come deep and play with back to goal.  that did not suit cisse just like it never suited morientes.
      « Last Edit: Jan 09, 2007 11:41:09 am by kawada »
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #30: Jan 09, 2007 12:11:59 pm
      You can't really compare Cisse and Kuyt because they are two completely different players with only one common stat. They are both prolific goalscorers in their own countries. Kuyt is a workhouse and is a fan favourite because of this even though he isn't as prolific but his goal record is not bad. Cisse is quick and gets in behind defences but does not put in any work to track back.

I feel Cisse wasn't given enough time to settle in and was played out of position but his goal record wasn't the worst and I would be happy to see him back. Only if he puts in more work and if he is fully commited to the club. But I get the impression that he doesn't want to come back and if thats the case then it's not the end of the world!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #31: Jan 09, 2007 01:11:36 pm
      The comparison between the two strikers must come in what effect they have on the team. Kuyt's energy and enthusiasm flows through the side and gets the rest of the team buzzing when we attack, Cisse always looked lethargic and uninterested at times (not least in the FA cup final when there was a trophy to be won and he was moping around because he had a sore toe or something!). Kuyt scores goals and is still settling into our club, I've said before that I only think that we are seeing 70% of the real Dirk Kuyt and there's alot more to come. At the top level, while playing in the Premiership and European cup my money will always be on Kuyt to score more than Cisse.
      kawada
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #32: Jan 09, 2007 01:45:44 pm
      Marseille sporting director Jose Anigo has hailed Djibril Cisse as the striker the French club have been missing since the sale of Didier Drogba.

On Saturday the on-loan Liverpool man enjoyed his best outing since recovering from a broken leg as he scored a hat-trick in l'OM's Coupe de France victory over fifth division side Cambrai.

After his sterling performance the French international drew the plaudits, with club supremo Anigo joining the chorus of praise by describing Cisse as the perfect replacement for Drogba - who scored 18 goals in 35 league games before his move to Chelsea in 2004.

"Since Didier Drogba, we haven't had a true striker like Djibril," Anigo told L'Equipe.

"An attacker who shows such selfishness, in the good sense of the word.

"In his head, all he can see is the goal. He is always looking to shoot and to score, from any position, just like Didier and Jean-Pierre (Papin).

"When you have this kind of striker, it is simple - you have to play to his strengths."

Marseille coach Albert Emon has conceded he will have to build his team around the partnership of Cisse and Franck Ribery after the two internationals combined to good effect.

"These two talented players have rarely had the chance to play together," said Emon. "They are complementing each other. That can cause a lot of damage to our opponents.

"Our other players have to adapt to that duo. Against Cambrai the Ribery-Cisse relationship worked fine but for the rest it was not great.

"We have to be stronger in defence to allow those two players to focus only on attack."

evadbur
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #33: Jan 09, 2007 01:56:41 pm
      I heard that Rafa was constantly frustrated by Cisse's inability to pick up new tactics.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #34: Jan 09, 2007 02:02:29 pm
      he misses 1 chance and people go on like he killed someone.  Kuyt, Bellamy and Crouch have all missed sitters.

I think the vid I put up shows Cisse can finish with a wide range of goals.  Yes it is Ligue 1 but for auxerre he showed that he knows how to score goals.  if he is so rubbish how did he score more goals than drogba and morientes in 2003/2004 season?  I have been watching cisse play since he first broke into the auxerre team and French U-21's and I have always said he was a goal scorer and I still believe that.  If he was playing for arsenal he would be great for them as the way they play suites his game more. 

Rafa likes both strikers too come deep and play with back to goal.  that did not suit cisse just like it never suited morientes.

He had more than one missed chance last season and that is a fact that one against the SCUM was the one I will remember as it could have won the game and proves that Cisse is not much in the 6 yard box as he snatches at things and lacks ball control. I really cant understand why everyone is so hung up on him at this moment in time ok he has scored goals but to be fair he does not have the right attitude to compliment what Rafa wants to do with the side. I also never said he was rubbish and your comparison to drogba and Spanish Eric is not in context with my earlier posts. To cut a long story short and not for the want of repeating myself Cisse has a very narrow criteria to his game his workrate is bad his attitude stinks, he lacks ball control this is a fact you cannot deny, and by posting a few youtube videos of him scoring goals does not reflect the true picture of his entire game.

Personally I think people should take a step back and be more objective in their statements, and remember one thing first and formost, GH bought Cisse not Rafa, Rafa has different ideas and needs players to be more cohesive and not disruptive, its called morale and showing a public face of unity and strength. When someone rocks the boat and continues to moan and make comments to the public which do not show unity and strength then I'm afraid that that person has to be removed from the picture to quote a phrase "the needs of the many outway the needs of the one" (YES I LOVE STAR TREK AND I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS). Like I stated above Cisse has an ego the size of a planet and he needs this ego to be caressed and stroked and if its not then he doesn't like it this is fact you cannot deny, and I'm sorry but individuals do make a team no matter how great you think they are.
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #35: Jan 09, 2007 04:06:47 pm
      some fair points about kuyt is work rate is great but id sooner have cisse he got us a vital goal against west ham in the fa cup
      kawada
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #36: Jan 12, 2007 10:13:36 am
      Marseille vs Bayern Goals in Dubai Cup

Quality finishing from Nasri and Cisse

http://www.eurosport.fr/football/mc_vid32274.shtml
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #37: Jan 12, 2007 10:17:57 am
      Got to agree with Pragmatic here...Cisse was never a team player or put the workrate in you would expect.....he won't be back.
      gerrardtheleg
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #38: Jan 12, 2007 02:20:13 pm
      cisse couldn't stick it in the net!! he was useless I'm sorry but i was really glad wene he left and kuyt is 10 times better then cisse!!! that was one of houliers rubbish buys along with all the rest!!! we need a decent finisher and a decent runner with the ball thats why we should sign David villa because he is a brilliant striker!!!
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #39: Jan 12, 2007 02:48:49 pm
      Ive got to agree hes not a team player and a lazy bar steward, but when i watch last season review DVD he does seem to be on the end of a lot of good goals.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #40: Jan 12, 2007 03:22:15 pm
      cisse couldn't stick it in the net!! he was useless I'm sorry but I was really glad wene he left and kuyt is 10 times better then cisse!!! that was one of houliers rubbish buys along with all the rest!!! we need a decent finisher and a decent runner with the ball thats why we should sign David villa because he is a brilliant striker!!!
      Thats why he scored 19 goals.
      kawada
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #41: Jan 12, 2007 05:18:24 pm
      cisse couldn't stick it in the net!! he was useless I'm sorry but I was really glad wene he left and kuyt is 10 times better then cisse!!! that was one of houliers rubbish buys along with all the rest!!! we need a decent finisher and a decent runner with the ball thats why we should sign David villa because he is a brilliant striker!!!

yeah but it is never gonna happen.  David Villa has a £40m buy out clause!!  If cisse couldnt put it in the net how would you describe Crouch or Morientes.  oh and Bellamy, Crouch and Kuyt will not score more than 19 goals this season.
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2007 05:20:48 pm by kawada »
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #42: Jan 15, 2007 03:07:59 pm
      Anyone disagree on bringing him back now?
      His goal record at the moment is pretty impressive.
      BRING... HIM... BACK
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #43: Jan 15, 2007 03:38:54 pm
      There is no argument that he can put the ball away in France, and when he played for us in Europe but 13 League goals in 49 games is not good enough for us to push on and win titles. Yes I know he was played out of position but I think his failing is he just isn’t suited to the English game.
      In 19 games for Valencia in the first half of the 2006/07 season, Morientes has scored 12 goals in all competitions, which is equal to the total amount of goals he scored in 61 matches during his time at Liverpool do you want him back as well?
      kawada
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #44: Jan 15, 2007 03:45:08 pm
      There is no argument that he can put the ball away in France, and when he played for us in Europe but 13 League goals in 49 games is not good enough for us to push on and win titles. Yes I know he was played out of position but I think his failing is he just isn’t suited to the English game.
      In 19 games for Valencia in the first half of the 2006/07 season, Morientes has scored 12 goals in all competitions, which is equal to the total amount of goals he scored in 61 matches during his time at Liverpool do you want him back as well?

how many of them 49 were starts.  how can you say 49 games when you know for a fact he spent more time on the bench.

he got 19 goals in 24 starts last year.  9 league goals in 19 starts..  Morientes started the majority of games so you cannot compare.  Cisse started less games then all other strikers and still scored more.

His ratio for goal per minute on the pitch was pretty impressive for liverpool.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #45: Jan 15, 2007 04:12:07 pm
      how many of them 49 were starts.  how can you say 49 games when you know for a fact he spent more time on the bench.

he got 19 goals in 24 starts last year.  9 league goals in 19 starts..  Morientes started the majority of games so you cannot compare.  Cisse started less games then all other strikers and still scored more.

His ratio for goal per minute on the pitch was pretty impressive for liverpool.

Morientes played in fewer League games than Cisse in 05/06 and 04/05 but to be honest it doesn’t matter as he was a pudding for us anyway! You have missed the point iam trying to make. I was talking about winning the league with a good target man who weighs in with goals as well as creating for others. Cisse does not score as many in the league as he does in Europe or cup competitions, granted he may have been sub for some games but you cant tell me he only came on with ten minutes left in every game.
      He may come back a different player and be worth a chance but given Rafa’s record of backtracking over a decision it just won’t happen.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #46: Jan 17, 2007 11:32:14 pm

Not Morientes no. But I would offer Cisse one more chance.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #47: Jan 18, 2007 10:17:03 am
      Not Morientes no. But I would offer Cisse one more chance.

I agree he is probably better than our current strikers, but would you still have him back if Rafa is given funding to go out and get the best striker he can?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #48: Jan 18, 2007 10:19:50 am
      I agree he is probably better than our current strikers, but would you still have him back if Rafa is given funding to go out and get the best striker he can?

I wouldnt have him back anyway, too much of a sulker and a selfish player.   ;)
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #49: Jan 18, 2007 02:48:29 pm
      I'm not sure Rafa will bring in another striker this window to be honest. We could do with one like...
      But lets just think about this...
      Anything can happen in transfer windows..
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #50: Jan 18, 2007 03:10:22 pm
      I'm not sure Rafa will bring in another striker this window to be honest. We could do with one like...
      But lets just think about this...
      Anything can happen in transfer windows..

I doubt he'll buy a striker now, difficult to get any striker of any massive quality and who isn't cup tied for Champs league. Think there will be a shake up in the Summer alright but hope to be proven wrong. We'd take David Villa right now, cup tied or not but can't see any quality players moving in January.

Unless of course he makes a move for big, old. slow Ronaldo who is leaving in this window after just 3 starts this season
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #51: Jan 19, 2007 03:00:14 pm
      I doubt he'll buy a striker now, difficult to get any striker of any massive quality and who isn't cup tied for Champs league. Think there will be a shake up in the Summer alright but hope to be proven wrong. We'd take David Villa right now, cup tied or not but can't see any quality players moving in January.

Unless of course he makes a move for big, old. slow Ronaldo who is leaving in this window after just 3 starts this season
      He's not that slow. Just because he gained a little bit of weight...
      Okay a lot of weight since he has been there don't you think Rafa would try and gain his fitness up? Real Madrid love to see their players fail. Like Beckham... It's prob why they didn't do much about Ronaldo's fitness.
      Cy
      Reply #52: Jan 19, 2007 03:46:18 pm
      Cisse is good but you cant denied that he is a lazy one..His defensive, pressure work in front is inexistant..Kuyt a contrario is working hard all the time, all the game..i agree that we have to see more of kuyt, this guys is the best signing we made since a while in my opinion.

Now about signing a striker..why not, but like homestrip said, it will be difficult to find a top quality one not cup-tied for the champions league.

I think we should go to get a world class goal keeper, i think PEPE is good don't get me wrong, but we ned someone who can directing the defense, someone with the character of the likes shmeichel, van der sar, buffon..Then obviously a right back for cover and we have to go for a striker, someone strong, powerful, who bullied the opposite defense..someone like Yakubu kind of style..
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #53: Jan 19, 2007 05:04:15 pm
      Cisse is good but you cant denied that he is a lazy one..His defensive, pressure work in front is inexistant..Kuyt a contrario is working hard all the time, all the game..I agree that we have to see more of kuyt, this guys is the best signing we made since a while in my opinion.

Now about signing a striker..why not, but like homestrip said, it will be difficult to find a top quality one not cup-tied for the champions league.

I think we should go to get a world class goal keeper, I think PEPE is good don't get me wrong, but we ned someone who can directing the defense, someone with the character of the likes shmeichel, van der sar, buffon..Then obviously a right back for cover and we have to go for a striker, someone strong, powerful, who bullied the opposite defense..someone like Yakubu kind of style..

Totally agree Cy, I like Pepe (most clean sheets in Prem) but his presence on crosses is a bit iffy. All said and done, I'd be quite happy to have him between the sticks till May. When you think about it we lost 3-0 to Arsenal and Everton, 2-0 United and Bolton, and 1-0 Blackburn and Chelsea.

Thats 12 goals in our defeats and only 4 other goals conceded in the other 17 games which is really good and has us on a par with Mancs as lowest conceding team in Premiership.

Totally agree about cover for Finnan, cover for all positions around the park but none really for Steve. Although thats where Carra started his career and if the worst came to the worst he could go right back with Hyypia and Agger in defence. Thats far from the ideal so we do need cover here.

Personally speaking I think Rafa will wait till Summer to weigh up options on a striker, I think he would be quite content to finish 2nd/3rd, get a good run in Champ league and hopefully win it and prepare to start 07/08 season afresh with money in his pocket to have the team HE wants. Future is bright!
      mingles
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • GOD, THE NATION AND LIVERPOOL
      Reply #54: Jan 19, 2007 08:35:34 pm
      Good post prag, i can't agree with you more,Cisse's not a team player plus he has said he is not interested in returning to anfield.I think we should rather consider bringing back Sinama.He is a player we should give a chance .He is already showing some good form in Spain and with Fowler probably leaving in the summer he could be an option for Rafa. 
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #55: Feb 11, 2007 09:04:09 pm
      yeh he was good but fragile
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #56: Feb 12, 2007 08:40:30 am
      Cant belive there are so many people who want cisse back!!, he had pace and thats about it, his finishing was awful, (how many times did he just shoot straight at the keeper?) he had a average season where he scored 19 or what ever it was but how many of those were against very poor oppisiton?

Yes i would like him to do well in 'France' (what agreat league) but only to increase his value and nothing else............
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #57: Feb 12, 2007 08:57:58 pm
      Let's not go back and find our ex's again shall we? What's done is done, and Cisse belongs in the French league 'nuff said. We've got better players and even better ones will be coming to us this summer
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #58: Feb 12, 2007 09:18:38 pm
      Let's not go back and find our ex's again shall we? What's done is done, and Cisse belongs in the French league 'nuff said. We've got better players and even better ones will be coming to us this summer

Yep. He was good there before and after he joined us.  He may have some qualities that our current crop lack, but he just doesnt defend.  The team ethic is more important than the individual.  But I want him to do well so we can squeeze more money for him in a sale.
      Kernow-Kop
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #59: Feb 13, 2007 04:41:28 pm
      i agree with you JD, the best that we can hope for now is a price for him.
      if rafa had wanted cisse, then he would'nt of put him out on loan. it wasnt as though he loaned cisse out to improve, it was more like, loan cisse out to get him out of my sight.
      so i cant see rafa bringing him back. (but then i could be proved wrong :-\ )
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #60: Jun 29, 2007 03:36:14 pm
      Just seen this on BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6254338.stm

Looks like hes finally going, doesnt say a price but I would imaigine is around 5-6m

Had high hopes for him but just wasnt good enough in my opinion and completly wrong attituide. Very bad injuries and hope he doesnt suffer anything like that again!

Good luck Djib :)
      RedtillimDead
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #61: Jun 29, 2007 04:07:58 pm
      All i can say is good luck to him  :) maybe just maybe if he hadnt have broken his leg (the 1st time) then we might have seen a different player, i actually liked the guy but he has a new chance with iom so let him go with are blessings.

Have a good 1 djibs.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #62: Jun 29, 2007 04:22:57 pm
      Just seen this on BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6254338.stm

Looks like hes finally going, doesnt say a price but I would imaigine is around 5-6m

Had high hopes for him but just wasnt good enough in my opinion and completly wrong attituide. Very bad injuries and hope he doesnt suffer anything like that again!

Good luck Djib :)

Summed it up perfectly there Priesty.

It's a shame he didn't have the ability to be a team player, the right attitude and to be more clinical. Because if he did then he would have more than justified his price. But he still played a part in some important games - notably a cetain European Cup final! And I feel sorry for him suffering those bad injuries. So I wish him good luck if he's on his way.

What a loss of money for us though...
      sell73out
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #63: Jun 29, 2007 04:31:54 pm
      Aye it's a pity he never lived up to his potential.

I hope he does well wherever he heads off to (although not 'too' well ;) )
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #64: Jun 29, 2007 04:56:32 pm
      Seemed like he could've been a great player for us, but a few things went against him, including being a flash bloke off the pitch, which i'm pretty sure rafa hates, and the fact he never really got a fair crack up front, though he did seem to lack composure.

Good luck to him though.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Bring Cisse Back....... bye bye and thanks to god
      Reply #65: Jun 29, 2007 05:26:53 pm
      could have been a great buy, however he was unlucky with injuries had a bad attitude and would not and cannot listen to Rafa, it was common knowledge that Rafa became so very frustrated with him.

get him out and now, god riddence to be honest we have lost well over half the outlay and no he would not have been a  >world beater at all  ,,,,,,,, not at all.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #66: Jun 29, 2007 05:33:43 pm
      At least Rafa ensured he got sold and not loaned for another season.  I am fairly sure the player will be a bit gutted about it all.

Lord Frodsham departs...
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #67: Jun 29, 2007 06:32:46 pm
      Good Luck to the lad, he has had some terrible injuries, thanks for the FA cup and Champions League Djib. Good luck lad.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #68: Jun 29, 2007 06:50:36 pm
      Echo all your good luck messages to Djib.
      I would of loved to of seen him, injury free, and given a good run in the side as a striker (- his ego).

Let your feet do to talking Djib mate, and shoot Marseille to glory !!
      and silence these doubters !!!
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #69: Jun 29, 2007 07:06:24 pm
      good luck djib, sorry to see you go but thats football. hope you dont come back to haunt us though
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #70: Jun 30, 2007 06:11:42 pm
       seems he got a deal now!  sorry to see him go without seeing him get a good run at his best position, but as sad before thats football,,,
        WISH YOU GOOD LUCK   Djibril
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #71: Jul 01, 2007 10:06:29 am
      The guy is a pile of sh*te.

He couldn't trap a a bag of cement and has no real football qualities. The 2 broken legs in no excuse he simply isn't very good. Yes he was quick. But that was it

It beggers belief people should want him back at the club.

It sometimes helps to face the pitch/TV when watching the game.

stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #72: Jul 01, 2007 11:16:08 am
      i think cisse is worth more than 5-6million..we shoul get about 12-15million considering bent was sold for 16million...and i beleve cisse is a better player than bent
      RED YOS 23
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #73: Jul 01, 2007 11:29:52 am
      The guy is a pile of sh*te.

He couldn't trap a a bag of cement and has no real football qualities. The 2 broken legs in no excuse he simply isn't very good. Yes he was quick. But that was it

It beggers belief people should want him back at the club.

It sometimes helps to face the pitch/TV when watching the game.

Everybody is entitled to their opinions, but I can't understand how some people talk about Liverpool players in such a disrespectful way.Man u,Chelsea,Everton etc yes, but not our own players.Cisse was a frustrating player to watch, on the pitch or the tv, fair comment.Two broken legs,no excuse ?F*cking hell how about his back or neck would that be good enough ? I hope Cisse can stay fit and regain his game wherever he goes,and has some good memories of playing for us and of the fans.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #74: Jul 01, 2007 12:15:09 pm
      Everybody is entitled to their opinions, but I can't understand how some people talk about Liverpool players in such a disrespectful way.Man u,Chelsea,Everton etc yes, but not our own players.Cisse was a frustrating player to watch, on the pitch or the tv, fair comment.Two broken legs,no excuse ?F*cking hell how about his back or neck would that be good enough ? I hope Cisse can stay fit and regain his game wherever he goes,and has some good memories of playing for us and of the fans.

RED YOS

You are right, everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is mine.

And I don't think a couple of broken legs is an excuse for not being able to display even the basic football skills. He didn't display them before the broken legs and that was my point.

As far as having a go at players from my own club, if I thkink their attitude stinks I think, given the money I spend going to games I may be able to voice my opinion. The Man U away game wher we were under the cosh and he wouldn't chase balls becuase they weren't to his feet did it for me. It was ManU away for gods sake. But that wasn't the one incident . I probaly had his attitide under question when he played at Anfield for Auxere in the UEFA Cup when he threw his shirt at Guy Roux when he substituted him.

And all in all I don't think the guy is good enough to play for this club....my poinion. Given the topic title "should Cisse come back yes or No" I thought I'd be entitled to to post

samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Bring Cisse Back........ NO WAY
      Reply #75: Jul 01, 2007 12:51:41 pm
      lets think back to the the FA CUP SEMI against the blue crap form London and when Rafa brought cisse on to run down the clock when we played Chelsea at bold trafford and Cisse lost the ball didn't run back he'd been on for only 5 6 minutes and then Cole nearly went up the other end and could have scored, then 2 minutes later he didn't even jump for a ball when we need it to be cleared and Carragher went totally mad.

Im not having any of this Cisse sh*t, he is not a team player and he is a unstable man, just look at Kuyt runs his legs off, (dads has been dying and sadly has past away) of cancer.

Did Kuyt use this this or did we see any problems with Kuyt , NO he just got on with it and to say as some have said that Cisse is better than our so loyal , so loved DIRK KUYT  is total joke, is total crap for a start Kuyt has only been hear 5 minutes and we forget what he brings to the team, get behined Kuyt.

I'm with the Bootle buck on this , please.. please.. how the hell do we want Cisse back at the club he has stated already that he wants to go to back home and he has never ever shown any commitment to stay and fight for his place, Christ at least Kewell has the guts to stay and carry on fighting and turn around and then tell the club hes committed, unlike that French pr**k, ( add him getting arrested  for wife beating and driving around Mersey side in his flash stupid cars like a lord and its common knowledge Rafa doesnt like him and his flash crappy style ) ......?   

Defoe is better than Cisse,  Anelka is  better than Cisse,   Owen is better than Cisse,   Bent is better than Cisse,  and in this forum I cant believe fans loyalty on our lovely CROUCH who scores 19 odd goals without a regular run and some of you wont to swap him with Cisse,   what a load of crap............
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #76: Jul 01, 2007 12:57:48 pm
      I have to agree with Bootle Buck & Samcharles on this one. I think Cisse is a one trick pony, head down & run. This may have worked well in France where defenders don't touch you as it would be a free kick, but in the Prem, where refs tend to let the game get a bit more physical, he fell short. In this league you actually have to take the ball round players to beat them, not just run straight through them. He was a good finisher, but not that great that you could forgive him for not having more of an all round game. He might be very successful again in France, in fact I'd put money on it, but he hasn't got the footballing brain to cut it in the Prem.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #77: Jul 01, 2007 01:03:14 pm
      THANK GOD THAT THERE IS SENSE OUT THERE,  crouch we love kuyt we love

Quick Reply