Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Itandje's Behaviour At The Hillsborough Service

Read 24419 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Re: Itandje yesterday at the service
      Reply #161: Apr 19, 2009 03:19:22 pm
      The childish post earlier has been removed.

I don't expect we will hear much more about Itandje now. Fairly sure we will not see Itandje in a Liverpool shirt again anyway.  Pleased the club have taken action - would have liked them to go further but they have acted.

Compare that to Cristiano Ronado who last season acted petulantly during the anniversary of the Munich disaster at Old Trafford.  Luckily, no cameras were present so the media could be coaxed in to not reporting the story to the level this has.
      « Last Edit: Apr 19, 2009 07:38:48 pm by JD »
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #162: Apr 19, 2009 03:21:19 pm
      that's good JD, don't wanna our future liverpool stars act stupid and irresponsible
      rez
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #163: Apr 19, 2009 03:41:57 pm
      Personally I'd rather see Torres playing in goal before Itandje and i feel that most reds would agree with me. This guy will never pull on a liverpool shirt again. The fans simply won't  allow it.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #164: Apr 19, 2009 03:48:51 pm
      http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/9/england/2009/04/19/1217894/liverpool-keeper-charles-itandje-plays-down-behaviour-at-hillsbor

Liverpool goalkeeper Charles Itandje has played down his behaviour at the Hillsborough memorial service held at Anfield.

The Frenchman was seen swaying and smirking during the event, and was subsequently suspended by the club for 14 days for his disrespectful actions.

The television
      footage showing him laughing and nudging reds team-mate Damian Plessis has angered the Anfield faithful, and the keeper's future at the club hangs in the balance.

The 26-year-old has since apologised for his actions, and has stated that he meant no disrespect to anyone.

Speaking to France's Aujourd'hui Sport newspaper, "It is a 30-second clip about which people are going overboard. You need to see an hour of the video if you want to judge my behaviour, but you know the papers over there (in England). They make a big deal of things."

The Frenchman then admitted that he had no idea what the footage showed and could not explain what he was doing in the clip, saying, "No idea. I haven't even seen it. I don't know at what moment it was being filmed."

The former Lens keeper also said that he had had no contact from Reds boss Rafael Benitez since being suspended.

"I have had no explanation," he continued. "I have not even had the opportunity to explain myself to the club.

"Sammy Lee, the assistant manager, called me on Friday morning to tell me not to turn up at training."

Interestingly, the Frenchman also stated that his position and future at the club had not changed as a result of his actions, as he suggested he was leaving Anfield anyway.
      "It does not change a great deal, as I am already on the transfer list," he added. "I should be leaving this summer. I am not used in the team.

"I don't want to seem paranoid, but I hope this is not linked with my situation at the club."

The former Red Star 93 youth player joined the Reds in 2007, and has only made seven appearances for the club.

I kinda forgave him. I mean, he apologised, not much else he can do. Certainly didn't want him playing again, but didn't hold as much against him. Then he goes and says this too

And the link is goal, I dunno why it says talkalotofbull.com, i'm new. tell me if i did somethin wrong
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #165: Apr 19, 2009 03:57:14 pm
      Well Done J.D.

Time To Move On............
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #166: Apr 19, 2009 04:09:34 pm
      We will never know whether his apology was genuinely true or not, but it's safe to say that he's apologized. I think as a human the best we could do is just ignore him and let Rafa deals with him. I think Rafa has already know what most of the Liverpool supporters worldwide thinks of Itandje...he will make his decision wisely.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #167: Apr 19, 2009 05:46:58 pm
      Never mind a 14 days suspension he should have his contract terminated with immediate effect!
      KingyLFC92
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #168: Apr 19, 2009 06:34:06 pm
      it is terrible, so is he getting sacked?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #169: Apr 19, 2009 07:29:42 pm
      it is terrible, so is he getting sacked?

Press the ^ button on your scroller and you'll find out. Its not hard, i promise.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #170: Apr 19, 2009 08:02:20 pm
      What can be done now, fine him and move on..... he will be gone by the summer..... but lets not take away the great service that was held by Liverpool Football Club, staff, current players, past players, fans, supporters, families, authorities, people performing on the day to remember the 96.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #171: Apr 19, 2009 09:38:42 pm
      Since issuing an apology for his actions in which he said he had not intended "to offend or disrespect anyone", the 26-year-old has claimed the incident has been blown out of proportion

"It is a 30-second clip about which people are going overboard," he told the French media. "You need to see an hour of the video if you want to judge my behaviour, but you know the papers over there [in England]. They make a big deal of things."

When asked if he could describe what he was doing in the footage, which has been circulated on the Internet, Itandje replied: "No idea. I haven't even seen it. I don't know at what moment it was being filmed."

I bet the victims families don't think it's been blown out of proportion  :(

This has absolutely incensed me...........FFS !!!!  :f_steam: He doesn't even realise what he's done.

He should be immediately struck off the payroll, and sent back to France, preferably made to swim the channel to get there.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #172: Apr 19, 2009 11:24:06 pm
      Since issuing an apology for his actions in which he said he had not intended "to offend or disrespect anyone", the 26-year-old has claimed the incident has been blown out of proportion

"It is a 30-second clip about which people are going overboard," he told the French media. "You need to see an hour of the video if you want to judge my behaviour, but you know the papers over there [in England]. They make a big deal of things."

When asked if he could describe what he was doing in the footage, which has been circulated on the Internet, Itandje replied: "No idea. I haven't even seen it. I don't know at what moment it was being filmed."

This has absolutely incensed me...........FFS !!!!  :f_steam: He doesn't even realise what he's done.

He should be immediately struck off the payroll, and sent back to France, preferably made to swim the channel to get there.

If he doesn't even know what moment it was filmed how can he say it's being blown out of proportion? :-\

Furthermore, it was a memorial service and the last I heard they didn't do a break in them so tossers like Itandje could have a laugh. So who gives a damn if it was a 30 second clip or an hour long clip it shouldn't have happened! He has disrespected the families and brought some shame to the club.

Why oh why did Rafa sign him?!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #173: Apr 19, 2009 11:26:08 pm
      Opening his mouth again was an exceptionally foolish move.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #174: Apr 19, 2009 11:33:17 pm
      If he doesn't even know what moment it was filmed how can he say it's being blown out of proportion? :-\

Spot on there mate.

In other words, he knows he's fu**ed up but doesn't like all the attention which has resulted from it. Says even more about what sort of person he is.

Jumping to conclusion here, but isn't he supposed to be good mates with Plessis lately? And Plessis hasn't looked the player he was last season. Just a thought.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #175: Apr 19, 2009 11:36:09 pm
      Spot on there mate.

In other words, he knows he's fu**ed up but doesn't like all the attention which has resulted from it. Says even more about what sort of person he is.

Jumping to conclusion here, but isn't he supposed to be good mates with Plessis lately? And Plessis hasn't looked the player he was last season. Just a thought.

The sooner he's gone the better. He had the chance to move in the summer.

It is strange. Plessis had a cracking game against Arsenal last season and was showing some promise. His form has sunk a lot recently. Noticed his passing has gotten quite poor for the ressies this season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #176: Apr 19, 2009 11:43:36 pm

Well he was included quite often from April onwards last season but this season i think i am right in saying he hasn't even been named on the bench.

Unless that is down to the improvement of Spearing?

Either way i think he could be in danger of messing up his Liverpool career because Itandje is bad news. Sonner he pisses off the better, maybe Chelsea will buy him if the rumours about Cech to be dropped are true ;)
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #177: Apr 20, 2009 07:58:52 am
      People aren't going overboard because they are showing respect to the 96.

Get this c**t out of our club.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #178: Apr 20, 2009 11:17:11 am

Just seen that on SSN

He also added, " I'll be on the transfer list for the summer so it doesn't change a great deal" :f_steam: so it doesn't change a great deal that you've shown utter disrespect to everyone involved with Liverpool FC ???

The sooner we get rid of this idiot the better

What a stupid thing to say. He's obviously very ignorant of how important this is to everyone
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #179: Apr 20, 2009 11:24:12 am
      Copied out from Soccernet:

Liverpool reserve goalkeeper Charles Itandje, banned for 14 days for inappropriate behaviour during the Hillsborough memorial service, said British media had blown the affair out of proportion.

Television footage showed Itandje smiling at a ceremony for the 20th anniversary of the Hillsborough tragedy, where 96 Liverpool fans died in a crush while attending an FA Cup semi-final.

"It is a 30-second video montage that was given senseless proportions. My behaviour should be judged over a one-hour video," Itandje told Sunday's French sports daily Aujourd'hui Sport.

"You know the papers here (in Britain), they do a lot with not much. I even heard I was dancing!"

Itandje, who has only played seven games for the Reds since he joined them from French club RC Lens last season, added he did not feel liked at Anfield.

"What happened will not do much to change my situation at the club since I am already on the transfer list," he said.

"I don't want to be paranoid but I hope this whole story is not linked to my situation at the club.

"I was supposed to leave last summer. I am kind of the unwanted player in the squad."

Well, we don't judge you solely on your stupid behavior, you knucklehead! We judged you mostly on your erratic and s**t performance. That my boy just added salt on to your already open up wound! Luckily you realized that you're the not also unwanted but unwelcomed to a club with such stature, history, passionate fans such as Liverpool FC! Get a life Charles, or better else get a new club!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #180: Apr 20, 2009 08:00:24 pm
      I saw this Live on LFCTV, I was like WTF!? couldn't quite make out what he was doing, and I admit I forgot about it, and watched the rest of the service with a tear in my eye. When I later went on BBC sport, there was a bit of talk about it, then the next day it was plastered all over the internet. I could tell then he was in serious trouble and would never play for the club again. Quite right, his attitude is even worse than his goalkeeping, and that is saying something!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #181: Apr 20, 2009 09:47:43 pm
      My behaviour should be judged over a one-hour video," Itandje told Sunday's French sports daily Aujourd'hui Sport.

To be completely honest - I dread to think what watching him for a full hour would have been like.  I saw 4 seconds of him and he was acting like a tw*t.
      Redhead
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #182: Apr 21, 2009 12:11:03 am
      Never mind a 14 days suspension he should have his contract terminated with immediate effect!

Well said lad, after hes had a smack id kick him out the city , pink trousers an all, Disgrace of a man

Quick Reply