Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Thierry Henry (Arsenal) - (Now off to Barca)

Read 16454 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Re: Thierry Henry (Arsenal)
      Reply #92: Jun 23, 2007 12:42:47 am
      I know it annoys me that Rafa has batted a blind eye on this one.  Not in the best of moods at the moment.

If Darren Bent is valued at 17m but Henry is leaving Arsenal for Barca for a fee of 16m.  Really gets on my tits.

Agree. Some transfer fees amaze me too. But saying that I would still rather have Darren Bent than some of our other 'targets' e.g. Torres, Forlan!! Even if he is over valued.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Re: Thierry Henry (Arsenal) - (Now off to Barca)
      Reply #93: Jun 23, 2007 12:50:02 am
      Gutted! This is the one player I would have loved to have seen sign for Liverpool. His reputation precedes him but the wait goes on... another one bites the dust.  ???  :(
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #94: Jun 23, 2007 12:50:28 am
      Agree. Some transfer fees amaze me too. But saying that I would still rather have Darren Bent than some of our other 'targets' e.g. Torres, Forlan!! Even if he is over valued.

I would give Torres a shout.  Just not too sure on Darren Bent.  Gambled on something like that with Bellamy last season.

Bellamy was quite prolific for Blackburn but didn't turn in the goods here.  I think Bent would turn out the same.  And plus, who would wear Bent on the back of their shirts??  :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #95: Jun 23, 2007 12:54:58 am
      I would give Torres a shout.  Just not too sure on Darren Bent.  Gambled on something like that with Bellamy last season.

Bellamy was quite prolific for Blackburn but didn't turn in the goods here.  I think Bent would turn out the same.  And plus, who would wear Bent on the back of their shirts??  :D

Definately. No way that would be on my shirt. He would not be my first choice Court but I am quite impressed by what I have seen so far. I have always thought Eto'o should be our first choice and I'm just wondering what our chances are if Henry does sign for Barca?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,768 posts | 6723 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #96: Jun 23, 2007 07:02:14 am
      Definately. No way that would be on my shirt. He would not be my first choice Court but I am quite impressed by what I have seen so far. I have always thought Eto'o should be our first choice and I'm just wondering what our chances are if Henry does sign for Barca?

knowing our luck, Eto'o will sign for the Gooners...that will be two of our transfer targets off the supposed shopping list....anyone else starting to get a bit worried ???
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #97: Jun 23, 2007 08:07:24 am
      i agree with all the above posts... henry to barca, what a bargain deal...one of the deadliest strikers of all time going that cheaply...the gunners got robbed if you ask me haha!!!! we also got robbed to let that go as well...16 million for henry as apposed to 25 plus for torres, villa and co.
      hrmmm....makes me wonder sometimes...
      afif212_reds
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts |
      Reply #98: Jun 23, 2007 01:42:29 pm
      now s.eto'o can join us...he3... ;D ;D ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #99: Jun 24, 2007 03:13:11 pm
      i agree with all the above posts... henry to barca, what a bargain deal...one of the deadliest strikers of all time going that cheaply...the gunners got robbed if you ask me haha!!!! we also got robbed to let that go as well...16 million for henry as apposed to 25 plus for torres, villa and co.
      hrmmm....makes me wonder sometimes...

Well Henry is a World Class player - no question.  But he missed massive periods of last season due to injury and is also the wrong side of 30.  He doesn't rely on pace as he is a great all round footballer, but pace is a part of his overall game.  He probably has another couple of seasons at the top injury free.

He wouldn't have left Arsenal for another English club and you have to have respect for that.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #100: Jun 25, 2007 12:26:49 am
      Well, just a matter of him having a medical now. Glad he played most of his best days in the Prem. Was a pleasure to watch (apart from when he played against us obviously...)
      Suppose that's the end of this thread then....
      « Last Edit: Jun 25, 2007 12:30:20 am by redkenny »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #101: Jun 25, 2007 12:07:46 pm
      Well, just a matter of him having a medical now. Glad he played most of his best days in the Prem. Was a pleasure to watch (apart from when he played against us obviously...)
      Suppose that's the end of this thread then....

Yeah,  I will miss watching Henry on MOTD.  He is a different class.

Topic locked guys,  we missed out on the best striker in the world, and I for one am kicking myself for it.

Quick Reply