Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

John Carew (Olympique Lyonnais)

Read 1868 times
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders
      • Started Topic

• 66 posts |
      John Carew (Olympique Lyonnais)
      Jan 13, 2007 08:13:48 pm
      His agent confirmed earlier this month that Carew was in demand, and skysports.com has now learnt that up to five Premiership clubs could be ready to make the Norwegian an offer.

The 27-year-old has long been linked with a move to England and although happy with life at Lyon - the rotation policy under Gerard Houllier is not believed to be to his liking.

It is believed that Liverpool, Newcastle, West Ham, Aston Villa and Middlesbrough have all enquired about Carew at some level.

Some of the clubs are further on in their discussions but it is understood Carew would consider all offers before determining his future.

England remains his top priority, as he has already tried his luck in Spain, Italy and Turkey - although clubs from La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga are also readying offers.

Meanwhile, Bordeaux have confirmed they would readily throw their hat into the ring for Carew - although they dismissed talk of a possible swap for Moroccan ace Marouane Chamakh.

"If we have expressed an intention to sign john Carew, we have never thought or talked about an exchange with Marouane Chamakh," Bordeaux supremo Jean-Louis Triaud told AFP

What do you think?
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2007 12:30:16 pm by JD »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: John Carew
      Reply #1: Jan 13, 2007 08:46:22 pm
      Looks like he's got a bit of history with JAR back in 2004, so not sure he would welcome a move to Liverpool.  check this out from 2004

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/sports/article759781.ece
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders
      • Started Topic

• 66 posts |
      Reply #2: Jan 13, 2007 08:50:57 pm
      ha ha
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Jan 14, 2007 10:46:22 am
      Jesus Carew knocked Riise out? With Riise's biceps like basketballs who would of thought? Yeah I'd sign him like... not seen much of him but he's kinda highly rated.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: Jan 15, 2007 10:54:56 pm
      Jesus Carew knocked Riise out? With Riise's biceps like basketballs who would of thought? Yeah I'd sign him like... not seen much of him but he's kinda highly rated.

I'd knock Riise out, He's a sh*t house! 8)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #5: Jan 16, 2007 12:10:01 am
      I'd knock Riise out, He's a sh*t house! 8)

He gained a lot of respect in my book against Galatasaray when he took that headbutt and didn't move.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Jan 16, 2007 01:06:04 am
      He gained a lot of respect in my book against Galatasaray when he took that headbutt and didn't move.
      I know yeah, thats how men take it.

Quick Reply