Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Roma Finale 2009 (UEFA Champions League)

Read 46809 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Roma Finale 2009 (UEFA Champions League)
      Reply #414: May 28, 2009 12:58:09 am
      Ugly b***ard Messi isn't he?

Well being probably the worlds best player i doubt he is too bothered :laugh:
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #415: May 28, 2009 01:00:28 am
      Well being probably the worlds best player I doubt he is too bothered :laugh:

One of? He's definitely the 2nd best player in the world!
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #416: May 28, 2009 01:02:22 am
      A masterclass on how to play football from Barca.
      Mancs were only in it for literally 10 minutes.
      Iniesta and Xavi were class tonight, especially Iniesta.
      Barca deserved winners in my eyes.
      The mancs are just over hyped.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6946 
      Reply #417: May 28, 2009 01:22:16 am
      Gow my views sticks and you call Everton bitter.

You've spoken about United in every single one of your posts, praising them every time.

Fact is you are a Manc. Pathetic that you spend time on a Liverpool forum trying to wind reds up when we all saw through you after about 2 posts.

I know you wish you supported Liverpool but stay on RedMcDonalds or whatever you call your own forum.

18-5.
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #418: May 28, 2009 01:55:52 am
      Well being probably the worlds best player i doubt he is too bothered :laugh:

any idea what his bird looks like?
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #419: May 28, 2009 02:06:19 am
      Well dererved to Barca !
      lfc_gerrard
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 21 
      Reply #420: May 28, 2009 02:13:30 am

any idea what his bird looks like?

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #421: May 28, 2009 02:29:43 am
      Christ she is quite a lot shorter than him so she must be 4 foot something :D
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #422: May 28, 2009 02:53:25 am
       He would look pretty stupid next to a 6" 4" victoria secrets model now wouldnt he
      lfc_gerrard
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 21 
      Reply #423: May 28, 2009 02:54:25 am
      What does Rome stand for.... Ronaldo Ordinary Messi Extraordinary
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Ā© Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #424: May 28, 2009 06:27:08 am
      I see my tactic of avoiding this match like the plague worked, then! :D

I was sorely tempted to keep zapping onto the match in front of the telly last night, but didn't want to jinx it, so everyone can thank me for the result! ;)

Made up, sounds like the Mancs showed what a shower of classless bas**rds they are again.

Well in to Barca for outplaying them, nice for some of their lads to get a touch on the trophy before we take it for keeps next season. ;)

All in all, F***ing chuffed! :D
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #425: May 28, 2009 06:39:21 am
      Poor Fergie, another flaw has appeared in his chase for 3 trophies.

And that Berbatov the Bulgarian Peg, seller is a waste of time. Actually most of his players are a waste of time.

They didn't deserve 4 Champions league wins, as soon as they lose a few goals their heads go down and they start sulking. How dare andy grey think they could pull of what we did in Istanbul.

If we had been 2 nil down last night the fans would have been screamin YNWA until the end, these gob sh*te fans only sing when their winning because their so bitter just like their manager.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #426: May 28, 2009 06:46:04 am
      CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND,CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD,the poorest display i have ever seen in a final of the Champions League.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #427: May 28, 2009 07:05:41 am
      Well played Barcelona. You gave United a footballing lesson.
      Still I think we could have beaten Barcelona :P
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #428: May 28, 2009 07:55:56 am
      Hiiii all, an EXPECTED result Barca Win!! Mancs are overtaken by their false ego. Well what's funny is that some mancs here were saying they were totally confident of a complete reverse of the situation with a manc win 4-2 even till the last 10 minutess of the game..hah! As if they had the audacity and dared think they could do a "Liverpool style Istanbul!"   ;) :f_whistle:  And then to those who thought Ronaldo was the better one compared to Messie or the best player of the world ?!! --->
        :lmao: :lmao:
       Good for them!
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2009 08:36:16 am by LFCMau »
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #429: May 28, 2009 08:25:47 am
      There was so much hype for the mancs, and all manc fans believed it like the word of god. It was inconceivable that Utd could have lost. What a kick in the crotch for them.

They got they're genitals rearranged.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6946 
      Reply #430: May 28, 2009 09:27:11 am
      I didn't watch Sky's coverage - I watched it on ITV so I was spared any nonsense about how they could come back.

Compared to us in Istanbul their fans are as big an embarrassment as their players.

I cannot wait till next season.

Liverpool FC - TWICE Emperors of Rome.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      Reply #431: May 28, 2009 09:34:02 am
      I see my tactic of avoiding this match like the plague worked, then! :D

I was sorely tempted to keep zapping onto the match in front of the telly last night, but didn't want to jinx it, so everyone can thank me for the result! ;)

Made up, sounds like the Mancs showed what a shower of classless bas**rds they are again.

Well in to Barca for outplaying them, nice for some of their lads to get a touch on the trophy before we take it for keeps next season. ;)

All in all, f**king chuffed! :D

Well, THANKS ayrton for not watching the match and being the good luck of the mancs!  :f_whistle: ;)
      That is only your perception mate I don't think you are a jinx and being the good luck of mancs!  ;)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Ā© Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #432: May 28, 2009 09:43:04 am
      That is only your perception mate I don't think you are a jinx and being the good luck of mancs!  ;)

The only matches of theirs I watched (not against us) were where they came from behind to beat various teams. :(

Won't be watching them ever again except against the mighty Reds.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      Reply #433: May 28, 2009 09:49:06 am
      The only matches of theirs I watched (not against us) were where they came from behind to beat various teams. :(

Won't be watching them ever again except against the mighty Reds.

Well, fine if it works!!  ;) You might be right also!  :D
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #434: May 28, 2009 10:07:03 am
      When Messi of all people  scores a header you just knew the Mancs are fu**ed!!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #435: May 28, 2009 10:21:23 am
      As they say in Rome ā€œHe came, he saw, he cocked up!ā€ whilst everyone is quite rightly heaping praise on Iniesta and Messi I think a special mention should go to the red nosed one for doing all he could to deny the Mancs a place alongside the ā€œspecial teamsā€ who have retained the European cup. ;D

It started as soon as they reached the final as the media (English media) went into overdrive building Man U. up as the unbeatables as every story they ran discussed how poor little Barca would be to frail to cope with a mighty Manc onslaught. Every story dismissed the Catalans as lightweight and not capable of stopping Slur Alex and his merry men being installed into historical greatness, even Souness on Sky last night let me down as he pandered to Richard (im not a chimp honest) Keys pro manc biased by insisting that although he had a Merseyside affinity (he said so in the S*n I believe) he now thought Manchester United where the greatest team ever!
      Sky got so bad with their Manc love in that it was left to Guillit to remind the three stooges that there was in fact another team in the final.

The Mancs downfall began with cockiness in the extreme so much so Cristiano (I love you long time) Ronaldo in his pre-match interview insisted that Man U. where better than Barca and would beat them in the final! Slur Alex should have been at the front knocking any sort of over confidence right out of his playerā€™s head not joining in with them whilst trying to have sly digs at Liverpool at the same time.

In the Semi Chelsea had played a slowly slowly catchy monkey game that almost paid off as Barca never looked like scoring, granted it was horrible to watch but surely all the chavs wanted was the result? Enter Fergieā€™s ego as he sends out a team that only the most biased Manc sees as formidable, not only that he tells them to go gung-ho and go for them from the off. I honestly think he believed his own hype and thought they would be three up in five minutes, Barca meanwhile defend frantically all the time knowing their time will come and Sammy Etoā€™o promptly arrived on queue to send the Mancs sick and the rest of the world into heaven.

I hope now the myth of Man Utdā€™s invincibility is exposed as the sham it is.

Van der Sar- weak when it mattered should have saved Etoā€™oā€™s opener.
      Oā€™shea- looks like Peter Kay after liposuction and frankly plays like him.
      Ferdinand- still trying to get out of the knot Henry turned him into, oh Rio you know that Messi lad? Well ā€˜heā€™s behind you!ā€™
      Vidic-Andy (King Edward) Gray said after Sammy ripped him to bits, ā€œheā€™s having another off day Just like when he came up against Torres at Old Trafford,ā€ funny that isnā€™t it, two world class strikers two off days!
      Evra- another non existent player who has been losing his game all season.
      Carrick- Apparently Sky reckons he ran the furthest at a whopping 10k! did he touch the ball and if not where the bloody hell was he off to in such a hurry?
      Anderson- arrr good old Predator, if you want to see how not to spend Ā£25m watch his DVD.
      Giggs- Shouldnā€™t have bothered getting over the fence at the retirement home, your finished lad for gods sake let it go!
      Rooney- No doubt had his mind on his pregnant wife as he wondered who the father was, well it cant be him(allegedly) as he canā€™t seem to finish anything off! Seriously the lad has never turned up when it matters in the big games, itā€™s all right tormenting Bolton but try doing it against the big guns eh!
      Ronaldo- Before the game in his interview he hinted he may be leaving Man Utd. He then ran round for ten minutes trying to do everything on his own now after the match heā€™s hinting he might be off again! Youā€™re a disgrace to any proper Man Utd fan you egotistical, posing, poncy little lady boy. (oh by the way im not a fan of his)
      Park- nothing nasty to say about this lad as I think he does his best and always seems to get sacrificed when the subs come on.
      Tevez- errr I will reserve judgement until I see who he signs for!
      Scholes- as in Giggs the ginger ninja should quit before he really hurts someone.
      Berbatov- Who! you may ask, do you remember seeing a tall skinny lad with a face on him like a sulky Lithuanian beetroot farmer? Well thatā€™s him and yes he was on the pitch but god only knows what for, A lad who makes Voronin look like Pele while costing the Mancs a good proportion of their increasing debt.

Barcelona werenā€™t fantastic and Man Utd didnā€™t have an off day, the Catalans have played good steady and sometimes inspirational football whilst Man Utd have been riding their luck for a while now, for me the turning point was Slur Alex walking like the geriatric knob jockey he is straight into the jaws of defeat without so much as a whimper.
      His team was set up wrong, his tactics where wrong and when it started to implode he did nothing to rectify the situation and I hope all the arse kissers in the media see that although he is a great manager last night he blew it, and big time as well.

Oh and I still say we could take Barcelona any day but well done to them and many thanks for making my summer go on with a fixed smile until it all starts again. ;D
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #436: May 28, 2009 10:26:07 am

Berbatov- Who! you may ask, do you remember seeing a tall skinny lad with a face on him like a sulky Lithuanian beetroot farmer? Well thatā€™s him and yes he was on the pitch but god only knows what for, A lad who makes Voronin look like Pele while costing the Mancs a good proportion of their increasing debt.

:lmao: Quality analysis!

Quick Reply