Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

United clinch title

Read 17148 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: United clinch title
      Reply #46: May 16, 2009 09:05:33 pm
      Even Fergie said today when asked if the fact they equalled Liverpool's record made the title even more enjoyable he said that it would be more enjoyable when they surpass our amount of league titles.

Seemingly confident words but deep down he must know we are right back in the frame and we have a great chance next year to claim what is ours again.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #47: May 16, 2009 09:12:08 pm
      As much as I hate them and think they're not the formidable force they was I do have to say well done and hope they enjoy being joint mist successful but will only last 12 months.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #48: May 16, 2009 10:27:00 pm
      Let them have they moment... We may needed ths kick up the backside.... We will be back!!!!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #49: May 16, 2009 10:51:20 pm
      Small consolation that the night they win the league, MOTD is fu**ed off on to BBC Two because the ... Eurovision Song Contest is on.

A small crumb of comfort.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #50: May 16, 2009 11:06:17 pm
      Small consolation that the night they win the league, MOTD is fu**ed off on to BBC Two because the ... Eurovision Song Contest is on.

A small crumb of comfort.

And there's been some comfortable breasts on this Eurovision Song contest, I can tell you!

Even Fergie said today when asked if the fact they equalled Liverpool's record made the title even more enjoyable he said that it would be more enjoyable when they surpass our amount of league titles.

I'd print that out and nail it onto the doors of Melwood for the players to see every day.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #51: May 16, 2009 11:52:04 pm
      Someone just reminded me about Macheda.

Have to say, its harsh he isn't going to get a medal.  Won them the title he did.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #52: May 16, 2009 11:53:27 pm

I'd print that out and nail it onto the doors of Melwood for the players to see every day.

That would actually be a fantastic idea.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #53: May 16, 2009 11:58:54 pm
      F**k. Kill ferguson and nail him to the doors...that'd do me...
      MsGerrard
      Reply #54: May 17, 2009 12:04:41 am
      I switched the TV off as soon as the final whistle went today, I couldn't bear to see them presented with the trophy  :o

Enjoy it whilst it lasts you manc scummy bas**rds.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #55: May 17, 2009 12:44:16 am

That would be great.
      Seeing that everyday would make my skin crawl.

zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #56: May 17, 2009 12:55:02 am
       :mad: :mad: :mad:They won it with a game to spare. We lost fewer game than them, but we also won fewer game than them, that's what make up the points. They better enjoy it while they can.

We'll be a force to recond with in the coming season, we only need to fine tune here & there a little bit. We have a few injuries here & there this season. Gerrard & Torres didn't start together for a lot of games this season. We should be able to attract a few star to join us, now that they have seen what Rafa have done to the team. We will rise to the top very soon.

They have a few aging players going out. They will be in the transition stage soon, relying on the young player, and when you rely on young player all you need is a few bad results & confidence will be low, look at Arsenal, Chelsea will be in the transition stage as well, new manager, new players etc.

Need to watch out for those ex-scum players as Manager in the league as well. They will gift them those extra points.

It will be very interesting in the coming season.
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2009 01:06:49 am by zz19a »
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #57: May 17, 2009 12:57:35 am
      Enjoy your time sitting next to us on our perch.

Next season we'll be shitting on you again from the branch above.
      i like it and its true.
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #58: May 17, 2009 03:02:22 am
      For once the league proved that the best team doesnt always win

Yet more proof of how bitter some people can be about something as trivial as football....

And I mean that as well, you know that that quote by Bill Shankly was a joke don't you?...

You've had your best season for years and yet your bitterness still shines through...
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #59: May 17, 2009 03:06:51 am
      Gutted, but not really surprised.

I only watched about 30 minutes of the second half, but it told me all I needed to know about the game. Arsenal and Wenger literally didn't give a sh*t, he subbed his two most dangerous players from what I'd seen in Arshavin and Nasri, obviously wasn't bothered, just happy with the draw.

As for United, you can't tell me they weren't scared when Ronaldo and Rooney looked to be playing full back on each side of the defence. ::)

England's most boring side clinched the title, scraped it like some many of their other games, against a side not trying to beat them. If the sides they face continue to approach these matches in this way, we'll have trouble beating thel to number 19. If, on the other hand, sides are prepared to attack them, maybe we'll see a different champion next year.

Sorry stuff, and from what people have already posted about neither fans nor players being excited, it does look more and more like the end of the road for United. Time will tell, but the cracks have shown this year, and it is the moment for the other teams in the league to break those cracks apart.

Like I just said above.......

By the way England's most boring side was Chelsea......

Calling United boring proves you have no clue......
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #60: May 17, 2009 03:24:49 am
      Yet more proof of how bitter some people can be about something as trivial as football....

Yes, well done Stevie G, very well deserved........

Okay Mr. Hypocrite.

Piss off would you?
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #61: May 17, 2009 03:47:28 am
      We haven't had enough bite in our attack this season, most of the time in the first part of the season I'll have to admit we're just satisfied with draws, until we've realiased that, 'Oh sh*t, we're in for the title!' kind of response. So certainly I'll also say that with a bit of realism in it, we all expected out of it, and the most optimistic of us fans, I'm sure, at the beginning of the season, wouldn't think we would be in this position we are currently in.

So congrats to United, wouldn't say you all deserve it but that's the league, eradicate the biasedness by the refs and I'm certain we'll be sitting up top now. Enjoy your time, because I'm sure it will be short lived.

Now, we'll absorb the shock of being in the league fight, what's more, we'll have the experience, mentally and physically we'll be prepared. The hurt will drive us on, the drive and desire to set the record straight, and to show the world that it is Liverpool, not United, that sits at the helm of English football.

Here we go again. Number 19.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #62: May 17, 2009 04:15:12 am
      This was the first season where I was fortunate or lucky enough to watch every match. Its not easy when you live in the States and there is a 5-6 hour time difference. However, I am proud of what they did. This was the first time that the "mighty" Man.U had real competition. Not only did they have Liverpool in front or up their ass all season but I thought Man-U showed their age. It seemed like they played real conservatively and played not to lose, instead of playing to win. It was almost as if they just played the minimum to sneak out a title. 

I really think Liverpool will take the title next season, even when they had all the pressure on them over the last 6 games they managed 16 points and just crushed the opposition. They have 10 more away goals than Man U.  If they managed to turn just 3 of those draws into a win then the Title would be ours.

If you look at the entire history of Sport. Whether its Football, Baseball or Hockey every great sports dynasty has their fall.  The time of Man U. has come and gone.  They no longer play the game, they play the business of football. They are just a football business with asshole customers. 

I can guaran-fukcin-tee that next year Liverpool will raise the trophy at Anfield. They have the talent, youth, pride and play to win. They still love the game, you can see it when they play, when they score they act like a team. Thats it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #63: May 17, 2009 04:54:59 am
      This was the first season where I was fortunate or lucky enough to watch every match. Its not easy when you live in the States and there is a 5-6 hour time difference. However, I am proud of what they did. This was the first time that the "mighty" Man.U had real competition. Not only did they have Liverpool in front or up their ass all season but I thought Man-U showed their age. It seemed like they played real conservatively and played not to lose, instead of playing to win. It was almost as if they just played the minimum to sneak out a title. 

I really think Liverpool will take the title next season, even when they had all the pressure on them over the last 6 games they managed 16 points and just crushed the opposition. They have 10 more away goals than Man U.  If they managed to turn just 3 of those draws into a win then the Title would be ours.

If you look at the entire history of Sport. Whether its Football, Baseball or Hockey every great sports dynasty has their fall.  The time of Man U. has come and gone.  They no longer play the game, they play the business of football. They are just a football business with asshole customers. 

I can guaran-fukcin-tee that next year Liverpool will raise the trophy at Anfield. They have the talent, youth, pride and play to win. They still love the game, you can see it when they play, when they score they act like a team. Thats it.

Have some sympathy for us in Australia, its either 9, 10 or 11 hours difference!

Echo your sentiments, a very good post mate although i wouldn't say they have come and gone...yet.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #64: May 17, 2009 04:58:28 am
      I can't believe that a team that lost only 2 games finish second on the table, but well for what I saw this year I'm confident that next year will be our year. We just need to have a better record at home, 7 ties at home it's just too much.
      indonesian-reds
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      • kopite for life!
      Reply #65: May 17, 2009 05:14:34 am
      'thanks' to webb, styles and marriner!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #66: May 17, 2009 06:59:09 am

Like I just said above.......

By the way England's most boring side was Chelsea......

Calling United boring proves you have no clue......

Good Morning!

I won't bother to flatter you with the kind of outraged response you're clearly trying to provoke from me. On the other hand, I will take the opportunity of laughing at you! :D

I try to put myself in your shoes and I just can't! Were Liverpool to have won the title this year, my first thought wouldn't be to run onto a Manc forum and try to annoy their fans, I'd want to celebrate between Liverpool supporters what we had achieved.

You're a very sad, petty little man, to be poked fun at and ridiculed! :lmao:

I won't waste more time with you, no matter how many dots you put after each sentence................ ........!
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #67: May 17, 2009 07:03:55 am

And I mean that as well, you know that that quote by Bill Shankly was a joke don't you?...

You've had your best season for years and yet your bitterness still shines through...

WTF?
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #68: May 17, 2009 08:41:30 am
      Okay Mr. Hypocrite.

Piss off would you?

Hypocrite?.....

Please tell me how I'm a hypocrite, I'd love to see how your mind works.....

Quick Reply