Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

United clinch title

Read 16946 times
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Re: United clinch title
      Reply #115: May 18, 2009 01:31:07 am
      Yeah, I know it took us a while but we're level with you now, by the way scousers have been saying our empire's crumbling for years...

But at this precise moment in time we are Champions of England, Champions of Europe and Champions of the World....

I can't see any cracks in our empire just yet.....
      Cant we kick this manc off the board, i know we aim to be objective but he is just annoying, talks sh*t, and to be quite honest he comes across as an attention seeker, looking for people to comment on his biasd and annoying opinon, just a thought guys.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #116: May 18, 2009 04:14:30 am
      Cant we kick this manc off the board, I know we aim to be objective but he is just annoying, talks sh*t, and to be quite honest he comes across as an attention seeker, looking for people to comment on his biasd and annoying opinon, just a thought guys.
      Their is a distinction between allowing supporters from other clubs and this guy.  If someone wants to post good topics, interesting discussions about the game and the occasional sh*t talk thats fine. This jackass posts constant bullshit about how awesome Man U. are.

Hey K.C. Go to a Man U. forum. Then you guys can all stroke each other about how awesome you are. Go fukc yourself.

They probably kicked him off their forum because he even annoys them.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #117: May 18, 2009 05:34:17 am
      [/quote]

Yea I think so too!  :lmao:
      Pitiful guy heh
      abcdlfc
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #118: May 18, 2009 06:10:44 am
      I'm absolutely gutted about that.

Yawn.

ha ha ha, took me ages to realise you were being sarcastic, i thought that yawn was a typo for ynwa!

not really related to the topic but thought i'd share my blonde moment there!
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #119: May 18, 2009 06:59:35 am
      The way posters on this forum get upset about something as trivial as football amazes me. I have not been winding anyone up, rather I have been defending my team from unwarranted attacks from increasingly bitter scousers...

I have been told that these posters can GUARANTEE yes absolutely GUARANTEE that Liverpool will win the league next year. Well they very possibly may, I refuse to make the kind of infantile posts that are made here more and more often so no I won't be dragged down to the level of many posters here...
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #120: May 18, 2009 07:01:15 am
      Their is a distinction between allowing supporters from other clubs and this guy.  If someone wants to post good topics, interesting discussions about the game and the occasional sh*t talk thats fine. This jackass posts constant bullshit about how awesome Man U. are.

Hey K.C. Go to a Man U. forum. Then you guys can all stroke each other about how awesome you are. Go fukc yourself.

Typical American poster, I have encountered your kind before, and I don't mean on th internet.... ::).....
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #121: May 18, 2009 07:34:09 am
      The way posters on this forum get upset about something as trivial as football amazes me. I have not been winding anyone up, rather I have been defending my team from unwarranted attacks from increasingly bitter scousers...

I have been told that these posters can GUARANTEE yes absolutely GUARANTEE that Liverpool will win the league next year. Well they very possibly may, I refuse to make the kind of infantile posts that are made here more and more often so no I won't be dragged down to the level of many posters here...
      I'm not getting upset about the argument. Its annoying that someone who should not even be on this forum is talking smack and has nothing to say.  You won the League. Great for you. What do you want a cookie?

You refuse to make the kind of "Infantile" posts that are made here and you dont want to be dragged down to to our level?  Good leave. Go to any of the 6 million Man U. sites and talk about Ronaldo's hair and why he dives more than Jacques Cousteau.  "Infantile" really? This from a jerk-off who has a cartoon squirrel as his forum photo. I think my 7 year-old niece has that on her lunch box. Nice one!

Theirs always 1 ass clown who stirs the sh*t pot and now its you and yes I did Guarantee a title, you know why because thats what fans do. They talk about their team's future and believe in them. Thats what separates Man. U fan from Liverpool fans. Man. U has no heart. I'd rather have losses than have a team of spoiled bitches who play with no soul.

It must be so AWESOME to be you, huh? Just knowing you post on this site tells me your really not a true fan of Man U. Your just another in that HUGE line of bandwagon fans who hop on the next best thing. Real fans dont read these posts or comment and certainly dont post 253 Goddamn times.

If fukcin Newcastle won the Title you would be a Newcastle fan next month. Their the same all over the world. Guys who pretend to be sports fans. They dont know sh*t about the game or the team the "supposedly" follow. They just like talking sh*t because they get away with it online.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #122: May 18, 2009 07:48:56 am

I was looking at Redcafe and they mock and make fun of us as much as they stroke themselves!! Now,I am not a sore fan,MU won well done and probably you guys are the best team in england. But it sometimes amuses me that everybody labels Wenger's side as the best footballing side,look where they are :4th!! When Rafa says that MU got more points and he gets all the stick!!

Never mind that...why MU fans have more pleasure having a go at us rather than support their own team? As dumb as it may sound I believe in Karma and I believe they (Mancs) will be punished for it!!
      BlueDuffleCoat
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts | -4 
      Reply #123: May 18, 2009 09:53:09 am
      I remember quite a few of them saying "it's not a real victory if you win on penalties". ::)

I wonder if they were of the same opinion when they won last season CL title on penalties? ;)
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #124: May 18, 2009 10:01:58 am
      Is the utd forum so boring that you cant be bothered to use it. Unilike UTD we dont consider anything to do with our club as trivial. Please go away you boring little man.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #125: May 18, 2009 10:43:36 am
      King Can of Tuna...equalling our 18 title record doesn't mean that you can come here brag all about it! It doesn't give you the license to f**k everybody here with your lame reasons and pathetic excuse. This season showed that Manure are crap without sissy Ronaldo whereas we have shown that even without Torres or Gerrard or both we can actually win games!If I'm not mistaken earlier this season when that sissy boy didn't start you were pathetic(can someone confirm me on this?). The fact that Giggs won that undeserved award was pathetic when all knows that Gerrard was the rightful winner. Winning the PL doesn't make you the best. Your strikers are pathetic, relying on that sissy Ronaldo to bag the winner. Sometimes I wonder why Fergie spent so mauch money on strikers who didn't score many goals. We can have any ambassador of any clubs here but we don't any embarassment of any club especially a shameful club like yours!
      Bluecrapcoat...I wonder if you are really a Liverpool fan cause you don't really act like one. Any Liverpool fans never sang praises to their rival club especially the toxic scums no matter how! I think you should get your lenses corrected!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #126: May 18, 2009 11:14:03 am

Typical American poster, I have encountered your kind before, and I don't mean on th internet.... ::).....

What outside Old Trafford every week when the tourists are in town for another Man Utd league game.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #127: May 18, 2009 03:33:52 pm
      King Can of Tuna...equalling our 18 title record doesn't mean that you can come here brag all about it! It doesn't give you the license to f**k everybody here with your lame reasons and pathetic excuse. This season showed that Manure are crap without sissy Ronaldo whereas we have shown that even without Torres or Gerrard or both we can actually win games!If I'm not mistaken earlier this season when that sissy boy didn't start you were pathetic(can someone confirm me on this?). The fact that Giggs won that undeserved award was pathetic when all knows that Gerrard was the rightful winner. Winning the PL doesn't make you the best. Your strikers are pathetic, relying on that sissy Ronaldo to bag the winner. Sometimes I wonder why Fergie spent so mauch money on strikers who didn't score many goals. We can have any ambassador of any clubs here but we don't any embarassment of any club especially a shameful club like yours!
      Bluecrapcoat...I wonder if you are really a Liverpool fan cause you don't really act like one. Any Liverpool fans never sang praises to their rival club especially the toxic scums no matter how! I think you should get your lenses corrected!

Not being funny but I haven't even bragged about our title triumph...........Except to defend it from idiots who say the best team didn't win the league.........

And am I to believe that in order to be a REAL fan I have to hate anyone who supports a different team?.......

Sorry, I'm not playing that childish game....

The bitterness in this post is hilarious by the way......
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #128: May 18, 2009 03:35:14 pm
      What outside Old Trafford every week when the tourists are in town for another Man Utd league game.

Funnily enough I was in the states a couple of weeks ago and I met quite a few American Liverpool fans....
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      Reply #129: May 18, 2009 03:39:49 pm
      King Cantona,the best team doesn't always have to win a competition you know??

Remember the world cup in 1982? The best team were Brazil and everybody agrees with that till today and yet in the end who lifted  the cup?? Italy!!
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #130: May 18, 2009 03:47:25 pm
      King Cantona,the best team doesn't always have to win a competition you know??

Remember the world cup in 1982? The best team were Brazil and everybody agrees with that till today and yet in the end who lifted  the cup?? Italy!!

Yes but that ends up in a knockout stage.....

The league is completely different, in a knockout competition if you lose one game you're out but in the league every team has to play every other team in the league twice. You can get a lucky draw in a cup competition, the same doesn't apply to the league...
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      Reply #131: May 18, 2009 04:00:06 pm

The league is completely different, in a knockout competition if you lose one game you're out but in the league every team has to play every other team in the league twice. You can get a lucky draw in a cup competition, the same doesn't apply to the league...

Like Govinox said, the best team doesn't always have to win..................... ..
      Liverpool beat manure this season (and what wins!), [even if Liverpool did not win the cup,]so according to your theory of knockout, Liverpool was the better of the two, right?!........................ ...
      I don't really understand what you mean, its contradictory........... .....
      Can you be explicit?.......................
      thanks.................. ......

BlueDuffleCoat
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts | -4 
      Reply #132: May 18, 2009 04:14:45 pm

Like Govinox said, the best team doesn't always have to win..................... ..
      Liverpool beat manure this season (and what wins!), [even if Liverpool did not win the cup,]so according to your theory of knockout, Liverpool was the better of the two, right?!........................ ...

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I have read. The league comprises of 38 games and the team that performs consistently through the duration of the competitions win the competition on points. This is different to a cup match, where away goals are present and penalty shoot-outs which can knock the better team out of the competition. Being the best team does not apply to cup competitions, but it does apply to the league. Most cup competitions i.e CL require fixtures played over two legs and does the best team always win? Ask Chelsea fans who saw their team robbed by a late Iniesta goal.

Whether your blind bias judgement dispells your logic or not, the fact remains United were overall the best team in the league this season as they acquired the most points. End of discussion as far as I am concerned. I'm also adamant that you would not be of the same opinion, if Liverpool won the league whilst losing twice to a second placed United side. Hypocritical beyond belief...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #133: May 18, 2009 04:23:35 pm
      united were not the best team overall!

blue coat.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      Reply #134: May 18, 2009 04:23:48 pm
      This is one of the most ridiculous posts I have read. The league comprises of 38 games and the team that performs consistently through the duration of the competitions win the competition on points. This is different to a cup match, where away goals are present and penalty shoot-outs which can knock the better team out of the competition. Being the best team does not apply to cup competitions, but it does apply to the league. Most cup competitions I.e CL require fixtures played over two legs and does the best team always win? Ask Chelsea fans who saw their team robbed by a late Iniesta goal.
      Whether your blind bias judgement dispells your logic or not, the fact remains United were overall the best team in the league this season as they acquired the most points. End of discussion as far as I am concerned. I'm also adamant that you would not be of the same opinion, if Liverpool won the league whilst losing twice to a second placed United side. Hypocritical beyond belief...

OOoops! did not know that asking for clarification was "ridiculous''...  :o Well at least I didn't think that asking for further explications showed an impairment of judgment or clouded cognition...  ::) Take care!
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      Reply #135: May 18, 2009 04:36:18 pm

Now I wasn't talking about the league was I? I am 100% Liverpool!! This may sound a bit controversial but as much as I hate admitting that MU were the better team this season,I have to.I just refuse to be a bitter fan who hates rivals more than he loves his own team.Some of us are so drawn with the 'better team' hype by the media when what we all Liverpool fans have to realise is that this season we have made progress and we can see that Rafa has finally found his formation.

Remember the great run that we had towards the end of the 2007/08 season when we first started playing 4-2-3-1? That's when Rafa found the suitable formation I think.We sort of carried that into this season but the draws cost us a lot as we were unable to break the "lesser" teams who parked the bus when they came to Anfield. I reading an article that I read around Christmas last year and Kenny was asked about our chances of winning the league.He replied" It would be great to win it but even if we split them (Chelsea and MU) it means that we are heading in the right direction and that is important. The point is just give the "best team won" argument up for now at least!! Just be happy that a man who almost left us has signed a new contract ,is focused on developing the youth systems and finally has stopped rotating!!As far as the title is concerned we always have next year and we have every reason to believe now unlike the past years where it was more hope than real believe!!   
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #136: May 18, 2009 04:42:39 pm

Liverpool were the better of the two as far as those two games are concerned but they were not better overall.....

One of the things about being an old codger like me is that you can remember precedents, one year during the eighties United weren't very good and we only won one away game all season, conversely Liverpool were the best team in the land and only lost one home game all season......

But the one away game we won and the one home game Liverpool lost were one and the same, I was there, Norman Whiteside stuck the ball past Grobelaar at the kop end and I went home happy.......

I'm pretty sure no United fans said that we were a better team than Liverpool but of course I'm not sure about this......... ;).........
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #137: May 18, 2009 04:49:01 pm
      Now I wasn't talking about the league was I? I am 100% Liverpool!! This may sound a bit controversial but as much as I hate admitting that MU were the better team this season,I have to.I just refuse to be a bitter fan who hates rivals more than he loves his own team.Some of us are so drawn with the 'better team' hype by the media when what we all Liverpool fans have to realise is that this season we have made progress and we can see that Rafa has finally found his formation.

Remember the great run that we had towards the end of the 2007/08 season when we first started playing 4-2-3-1? That's when Rafa found the suitable formation I think.We sort of carried that into this season but the draws cost us a lot as we were unable to break the "lesser" teams who parked the bus when they came to Anfield. I reading an article that I read around Christmas last year and Kenny was asked about our chances of winning the league.He replied" It would be great to win it but even if we split them (Chelsea and MU) it means that we are heading in the right direction and that is important. The point is just give the "best team won" argument up for now at least!! Just be happy that a man who almost left us has signed a new contract ,is focused on developing the youth systems and finally has stopped rotating!!As far as the title is concerned we always have next year and we have every reason to believe now unlike the past years where it was more hope than real believe!!   

Quite right govinox, Liverpool made a fight of it this year when in previous seasons they made a fight of it until the last couple of months and then fell away. At least you were in contention which is more than you could say about boring Chelsea....

Quick Reply