Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Ryan Babel (Various)

Read 20025 times
      LiverpoolEntourage
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Re: Ryan Babel (Various)
      Reply #184: Aug 20, 2009 06:33:58 am
      he's distracted. He's shithouse as a rapper but he thinks he's good. I know he loves his music but honestly he'd have almost nothing if it weren't for football. So he should focus on the talent he actually has not rapping. he's an embarrassment in every clip I've seen him in. He should be better than the supersub for us. he came with big raps but then so did other players...maybe he'll be another one to add to that list of players who could've been great but somehow fell by the wayside.
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #185: Aug 20, 2009 07:07:09 am
      He can barely pass a fake player in that clip...
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #186: Aug 20, 2009 09:15:19 pm
      The two posts above are far too hostile coming from Reds.  I'm not Babel's biggest fan either, and I have nothing against constructive criticism, but when it comes down to just slagging off it crosses a line, IMO.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #187: Aug 20, 2009 09:16:52 pm
      I was really disappointed with him but to say he cant pass is just beyond a joke and he will be a good player just not with us that's all.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #188: Aug 21, 2009 08:43:47 am
      Bullshit, he played as a winger before he came to Liverpool too, all of his professional career thus far actually.  Also, a good striker, especially one with his speed, should be able to perform well as a winger too.

For what it's worth, Rood, i'm with you on this one. I have read your very knowledgeable and informative post regarding Babel's career pre-Reds. It has to be frustrating when fellow board members either; choose to ignore you or were too lazy to read the relevant posts.

So yeah to BULLSHIT!  :gt-happyup:
      LiverpoolEntourage
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #189: Aug 21, 2009 09:10:31 am
      The two posts above are far too hostile coming from Reds.  I'm not Babel's biggest fan either, and I have nothing against constructive criticism, but when it comes down to just slagging off it crosses a line, IMO.

Please I didn't say he wasn't a good player. I said he is a distracted player and that is what he is. He's said rapping is his love not football so what is he doing at Liverpool if that's the case? He should focus on what he's good at and get the job done for us.
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #190: Aug 21, 2009 02:12:43 pm
      Exactly, if the team was anything to him he would spend his time trying to fit in.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #191: Aug 21, 2009 02:22:10 pm
      Please I didn't say he wasn't a good player. I said he is a distracted player and that is what he is. He's said rapping is his love not football so what is he doing at Liverpool if that's the case? He should focus on what he's good at and get the job done for us.

This is his transfer thread, and you said (and I quote) "He's shithouse as a rapper but he thinks he's good". That, to me is just slagging him off, and not even for his football ability. I didn't say you said he wasn't a good player, I said you were slagging him off.

I don't rate him as a player, many don't, but if he is wearing the red of Liverpool, I won't expect any Red to be slagging him off because he can't rap. F**k.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #192: Aug 21, 2009 02:34:35 pm
       I really don't know why a player is regularly called to play for Holland (its not faroe islands or san marino, its holland) for the last 2/3 years  is not a good player
       have not settled in england and  as a red YES but to say he is sh*t,  I really don't agree
       don't get me wrong , he has  not been  playing good for Liverpool , and he had his chances too
       We have been waiting for him to "explode" but it seems it will never happen
       really confused  about Babel, maybe Rafa has to find a solution about him , sell him ( at the right price) or give him more help to settle  in

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #193: Aug 21, 2009 02:45:59 pm
      I'd loan him out until January, get him out playing week in and week out for another Premier League side and see if he returns brimming with confidence, then he has the rest of the season to show wether he can make it Anfield or not. I'd love him to make it as I rate an on form firing all on cylinders Babel, but at the moment he is a shadow of the player we first signed.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #194: Aug 21, 2009 02:59:06 pm

Dog sh*t... should be spending more time on his football, not really bad repetitive manufactured music!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #195: Aug 21, 2009 08:56:40 pm
      Always hoped he'd push on but just doesn't look likely. Truly believe that he will be a success in another league but he must have had enough chances by now.
      The only other option is to forget this left winger bullshit and make him the backup striker...then maybe...just maybe...Ok I am talking out my arse
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #196: Aug 21, 2009 09:30:52 pm
      Looks like he's staying again.... Don't know about him though to be honest. He's clearly not a winger
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #197: Aug 21, 2009 09:38:02 pm

Or a striker :laugh:
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #198: Aug 21, 2009 09:44:12 pm
      ... and make him the backup striker...then maybe...just maybe...Ok I am talking out my arse
      :lmao: :lmao:

cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #199: Aug 24, 2009 12:05:15 pm
      I'd loan him out until January, get him out playing week in and week out for another Premier League side and see if he returns brimming with confidence, then he has the rest of the season to show wether he can make it Anfield or not. I'd love him to make it as I rate an on form firing all on cylinders Babel, but at the moment he is a shadow of the player we first signed.
      We can't afford to loan him out. Our bench is weak allready.

Rafa issues Babel warning
      Reds boss talks tough with Dutch wide man
      Rafa Benitez has warned Ryan Babel he is fighting for his Liverpool future following his failure to make an impression at Anfield.

The Dutch forward has shown only glimpses of his true talent following a big-money move from Ajax in 2007.

Benitez has shown patience with his £11.5million capture but now feels the 22-year-old is underperforming having had time to adapt to English football.

While admitting he will give the Amsterdam-born wide man further opportunities to impress, Benitez has issued a blunt message with regards what he expects this season.

"Ryan has to give something to us this time and he knows it," said Benitez.

"He will have opportunities to prove himself with so many games coming up, but it is important he has the right mentality.

"Maybe there were some problems adapting to a new style when he arrived as a young player.

"He knows what is going on here now and hopefully can perform better. He accepts he has to perform at a different level this year."
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #200: Aug 24, 2009 12:11:32 pm
      Yeah, that article has already been posted in his Player Thread in The Kop 2 days ago.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #201: Aug 24, 2009 04:18:27 pm
      Yeah, but it's also relevant here.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #202: Aug 26, 2009 11:41:35 pm
      We can't afford to loan him out. Our bench is weak allready.

In my defence look at the date of the post mate, I said this before we loaned out Nemeth who IMO would be a better alternative than Babel as a back up striker....... Riera and Yossi  even Dossena could manage the left Kuyt and Yossi manage the right ( hence there was no real urgency to keep Babel here especially if it was beneficial to us in the long run.
      REDDUB
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #203: Aug 29, 2009 02:38:57 am
      I think that he's time is up!! Rafa didn't give better players like Keane and Bellamy the chance that Babel is getting. he's got all the potential but he's had experience enough now to mount to something but it's just not happening for him. I think that he would be suited to going back to the Dutch league. Sell him and spend that cash on Van der Vaart
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #204: Aug 29, 2009 02:25:19 pm
      Not in squad today Bye bye Babel :P
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #205: Aug 29, 2009 03:10:26 pm
      We cant lose babel at this late stage in the window, it would be suicide.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #206: Aug 29, 2009 05:22:28 pm
      Unless we get someone in.

Quick Reply