Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

The Paranormal Thread

Read 55076 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: The Paranormal Thread
      Reply #230: Sep 24, 2011 10:19:45 am
      Daz I think you only have to go back 50 or 60 years to see the advances that have been made,.

Yeh I know Billy mate, I was just thinking back to the industrial revolution.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #231: Sep 24, 2011 10:43:14 am
      Yeh I know Billy mate, I was just thinking back to the industrial revolution.
      I heard MacRed was responsible for that.cheers Daz.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #232: Sep 24, 2011 10:46:27 am
      I heard MacRed was responsible for that.cheers Daz.

Well he is Alien to me mate. ;D
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #233: Sep 24, 2011 12:33:23 pm
      Life can be explained by evolution mate, bearing in mind in terms of the universe our solar system is very young and there is countless galaxies billions of years older than our own.

A common misconception.  Evolution explains the variety of plant and animal species, emerging from a common ancestor, it does not proffer a position on abiogenesis.  There is no generally accepted theory on the emergence of life.

I'm not naive enough to think that an intelligent race couldn't have evolved millions of years before ourselves that have already mastered the technology to travel the vast distances in space.

Given the age of the universe that is indeed possible.  However, it is also possible that life has not emerged on any other planet in our galaxy.

They may have explained how the Nazcar lines were made mate, but one thing they have never explained is why they were created and why they were so big that they could only be seen in all there glory from the sky.

Prayer and meditation, walking through these lines as a kind of ritual.

Some people will say their gods, but who were these gods in the sky ?

Roy Wood. ;)

I think there is a lot of our history that has been forgotten and that leaves lots of questions about ourselves as a species.

Indeed.  I am open to the possibility of "Civilisation One" or ancient, lost civilisation.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #234: Sep 25, 2011 12:29:51 pm
      A common misconception.  Evolution explains the variety of plant and animal species, emerging from a common ancestor, it does not proffer a position on abiogenesis.  There is no generally accepted theory on the emergence of life.

Well yes you are right to a degree, but life on this planet is best explained by the primordial soup theory in which chemicals that were released throughout the entire universe following the big bang that formed amino acids and proteins, which were the building blocks of life, they just needed the right kind of enviroment to eventually become organisms, evolution took care of the rest.

Given the age of the universe that is indeed possible.  However, it is also possible that life has not emerged on any other planet in our galaxy.

Again you are correct to a degree, but then again the drake equation suggests that their could be 1000 intelligent communicating species in just our galaxy alone.

Prayer and meditation, walking through these lines as a kind of ritual.

Still doesn't answer why they can only be seen from the sky mate, especially when in those times there was no manned flight.

Indeed.  I am open to the possibility of "Civilisation One" or ancient, lost civilisation.

There has definately been lost civilisations mate and science is proving that some of these structures pre-date the egptian pyramids.

Ancient Aliens S02E03 - Underwater Worlds
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #235: Sep 25, 2011 06:04:40 pm
      Still doesn't answer why they can only be seen from the sky mate, especially when in those times there was no manned flight.

Why must we assume that they were to be seen?

Alien involvement is one potential answer, but there is no real evidence for it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #236: Sep 25, 2011 06:19:20 pm
      There is no evidence period pre big bang.
       No theories, suppositions nothing of a meaningful structure whatever to throw a glimmer of light into the arena.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #237: Sep 25, 2011 06:21:37 pm
      I took a dump today and the turds spelled out what appeared to be the letters M A C.....would that be considered paranormal?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #238: Sep 25, 2011 06:24:33 pm
      I took a dump today and the turds spelled out what appeared to be the letters M A C.....would that be considered paranormal?
      You might have piles.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #239: Sep 25, 2011 06:25:30 pm

Was it covered in blood, thus making this Mac Red?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #240: Sep 25, 2011 06:30:08 pm

Was it covered in blood, thus making this Mac Red?

Hard to tell, got jittery and did a quick flush
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #241: Sep 25, 2011 06:35:21 pm
      Why must we assume that they were to be seen?

Alien involvement is one potential answer, but there is no real evidence for it.

Just the way they are makes you naturally assume that they are supposed to seen.

I'm not saying there is definite Alien involvment, but in all ancient cultures there is text that relates to sky gods from Sirius.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #242: Sep 25, 2011 07:08:28 pm
      The whole religion thing is a puzzle really, without getting too involved and deep into the origins of many religions there are a lot of similarities that religions share as if it was originally one religion but over generations 'evolved' within each countries culture.

I also find it incredible that religion has controlled the actions of an entire race for millennia as if it was a master plan by someone with the foresight of a time traveller. All in all (along with prostitution) the best business in the world.

If I took a business like that into Dragons Den Deborah Meaden would be trying to wrap her fish-like gob around my cock just to have some equity off me.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #243: Sep 25, 2011 07:16:43 pm
      For me there has been a lot of our history that is not recorded and everything we are taught about about origins is wrong, archelogists are rewriting history as we go.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2010/02/18/history-in-the-remaking.html

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ancient-Egyptian-Settlements-Detected-by-Satellites-56544.shtml
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #244: Sep 25, 2011 07:24:39 pm
      They found a temple site, Gobekli Tepe, where the architecture seemed far beyond what was thought capable at that time and the building techniques seemed to get worse, rather than more advanced over time.  This was 10,000 BC (Pyramids were 2500BC and Stonehenge about 3000 BC)

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2011/06/gobekli-tepe/mann-text

Still not sure it was aliens :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #245: Sep 25, 2011 07:34:46 pm

Lloyd Pye - Everything you know is wrong

Until they find the missing link, question marks will always hang over mans supposed evolution.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #246: Sep 25, 2011 07:47:56 pm
      No such thing as paranormal, if anything it's the human mind/brain that can create huge and mysterious things.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #247: Sep 25, 2011 08:39:40 pm
      No such thing as paranormal, if anything it's the human mind/brain that can create huge and mysterious things.

I'm not so sure mate, I think there is various things we as a species do not understand or are not fully aware of.

I'd never dismiss the possibility of an afterlife aka ghosts even though its not something I really have an intrest in myself as there has been too many people who have appeared to suffered from hauntings.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #248: Sep 25, 2011 08:40:39 pm
      I'm not so sure mate, I think there is various things we as a species do not understand or are not fully aware of.

I'd never dismiss the possibility of an afterlife aka ghosts even though its not something I really have an intrest in myself as there has been too many people who have appeared to suffered from hauntings over-active imaginations.

;)

I agree, I don't discount anything but I go with the simplest explanation.  The evidence threshold is high.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #249: Sep 25, 2011 08:50:13 pm
      I agree, I don't discount anything but I go with the simplest explanation.  The evidence threshold is high.

Whats the simplest explanantion for gods coming down from the heaven in chariots of fire ?. ;D
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #250: Sep 25, 2011 09:05:21 pm
      Whats the simplest explanantion for gods coming down from the heaven in chariots of fire ?. ;D

That someone saw a meteor at the same time that Men in Armour started appearing?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #251: Sep 25, 2011 09:09:27 pm
      That someone saw a meteor at the same time that Men in Armour started appearing?

Gods coming down from heaven in their chariots of fire was written in text before armour was around mate.

If we as a species accept everything that was written in text in terms of the bible and Egyptian hylogriphs then the ancient
      Sumerian text, must be given the same consideration as their texts pre-date that of the bible.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #252: Sep 25, 2011 09:15:39 pm
      Gods coming down from heaven in their chariots of fire was written in text before armour was around mate.

Depends what kind of armour you mean. ;)

I'd also be very sceptical about ancient writings, especially as some of them could easily be considered "The Daily Sport" of their day.

Interpretation is a function of bias...

I understand where you're coming from, I've read the material and seen the vids, I just don't consider it to be substantive evidence.

Quick Reply