Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

You and Liverpool...Why?

Read 41381 times
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Re: You and Liverpool...Why?
      Reply #161: Sep 19, 2010 08:55:47 pm
      Nice bump, Billy. I love this thread.

I read, listen, watch and dream every day about our beautiful club and no matter what the peak or turmoil, my love grows and hardens every day.

Put it back in your pants, Lester.  :D
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #162: Sep 19, 2010 11:35:58 pm
      There was only one club for me since the beginning of time.....and it starts with a Liver and ends in a Pool!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #163: Sep 20, 2010 12:46:02 am
      I really dont know probably cuz my older brother (R.I.P) loved Seria A and football generally. I started to watch every football game there was. but for a unknown reason I always wanted Liverpool to win whenever I watched them. I didnt know Liverpool players name back then tho. along time ago.
      After a while when I got a little more mature I wanted to play like Owen cuz he was my hero back then. got a jersey with his name back. never wanted to take it off.
      ehm.. thats it I guess. btw not good times to be a liverpool fan, considering owners, and recent results. sometimes I wish I was born in our golden era =o/
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #164: Sep 20, 2010 02:05:52 am
      Because I dind't give an arse about football until I was just zapping around the TV 16years ago and saw God backheel the ball through Staunton's legs, turn and belt that ball in the net.

Thats the moment I realised that God existed and that my religion was Liverpool.
      COE2005
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #165: Sep 20, 2010 04:46:24 pm
      Born and bred kopite
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #166: Jan 24, 2011 04:58:32 pm
      I became a fan about 5 years ago. I was looking for a team to support in the EPL and did not like Man U. I was watching England in the 2006 World Cup. I really enjoyed watching Crouch play, so I did some research to see what team he played for. It happen to be Liverpool. So, I did more research about the team and watched the games I could here in the States. I enjoyed the style of game they played. From there I decided to be a fan. I have loved getting to know the team and my love grows for the team every day. I have enjoyed getting to talk to fans around the world. I am the only fan where I live, the closest fans are in Chicago. I just started going to the pub they go to so I can watch games with fellow fans. I also have got my dad to watch the games with me. He is starting to be a Liverpool fan as well.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #167: Jan 24, 2011 05:01:17 pm
      Me and Liverpool?
      Somethings are just meant to be.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #168: Jan 24, 2011 05:10:41 pm
      Because when I was 7 in 1998, I wanted to be Michael Owen.

I loved Fowler and there was something about Liverpool. I could have been like a lot of other fans at my age and supported United. Most generally being glory hunters.

It's really hard to explain. It wasn't just Owen- it was Liverpool. Love at first sight :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #169: Jan 24, 2011 06:06:02 pm
      It was a birthright for me.born in December 59 the day before Shankly's first game.Dad ,Uncles and Aunties all mad Liverpuddlians.
      I was even warned about not going anywhere near Goodsion if I had been spotted there it would have shamed the family.Just about remember the 65  final and crying when Charlie George broke my heart but after that it was all good and I honestly think it will be again.
      if you want to get your son or daughter hooked take them to a night match the first one will blow them away.
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #170: Jan 24, 2011 07:02:23 pm
      Me and liverpool why?

Because im worth it  ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #171: Jan 24, 2011 07:08:19 pm
      Me and liverpool why?

Because im worth it  ;D

Mr L'Oreal  :laugh:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #172: Jan 24, 2011 07:16:37 pm
      Easy.

All the culture and tradition and the values instilled in the community and the people surrounding the club and city is way I live!
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #173: Jan 24, 2011 07:25:37 pm
      I'm American so I was uninterested in football (I've been trying to ween myself off "soccer") for most of my life until the 2006 World Cup. I got really into the sport that summer and as my appreciation grew I knew that I needed a team to support. Naturally I turned to the EPL because while the MLS has gotten much better than it used to, it's just not the quality of play I was looking for.

I already knew I wasn't going to support ManU or Chelsea (I'd watched them both play on TV a couple times and I just didn't like them or their players). So I turned to my second favorite World Cup team (Spain) and saw that Fernando Torres played for Liverpool, as well as Pepe Reina. That was enough for me to look further into the team and I enjoyed learning about the history of the club. I hadn't quite decided if the Reds would be my choice until I looked up You'll Never Walk Alone on youtube. I was blown away by the rendition sung by the fans at Anfield and I love the implications of the song. That settled it and I've been a Liverpool fan ever since.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #174: Jan 24, 2011 07:44:50 pm
      My dad's family are all from Merseyside so obviously when I was a kid I was influenced by them. Funnily (and fortunately) my dad is a Blue but never made me support them (I have to thank him for that! ;)) so it was my granddad and uncle that bought me a Liverpool shirt and from there I've never looked back. Unfortunately all that family has since moved south and I was born and raised in London, but with Liverpool in my heart. Going back there with my granddad and uncle to see the city and sit in Anfield was an amazing experience and one I hope I can repeat before my granddad passes away.
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #175: Jan 24, 2011 07:47:23 pm
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #176: Jan 24, 2011 08:05:32 pm
      I'm American so I was uninterested in football (I've been trying to ween myself off "soccer") for most of my life until the 2006 World Cup. I got really into the sport that summer and as my appreciation grew I knew that I needed a team to support. Naturally I turned to the EPL because while the MLS has gotten much better than it used to, it's just not the quality of play I was looking for.

I already knew I wasn't going to support ManU or Chelsea (I'd watched them both play on TV a couple times and I just didn't like them or their players). So I turned to my second favorite World Cup team (Spain) and saw that Fernando Torres played for Liverpool, as well as Pepe Reina. That was enough for me to look further into the team and I enjoyed learning about the history of the club. I hadn't quite decided if the Reds would be my choice until I looked up You'll Never Walk Alone on youtube. I was blown away by the rendition sung by the fans at Anfield and I love the implications of the song. That settled it and I've been a Liverpool fan ever since.

Fernando Torres didn't play for us until a year after that World Cup though?

Not that it matters but just saying ;)
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #177: Jan 24, 2011 08:13:04 pm
      Seen as its my first post ever a perfect thread to start with.. here goes !
      My whole family(both mum and dads sides) are LFC Mad !! so I could kick a ball before I could walk..the glow of the night games in the sky would light my bedroom up in our old house in September road off lower breck and the huge roar when we scored would make the walls shake sometimes ;D
      My late grandfather started taking me to games when I was about 7/8 yrs old(72/73) , bringing a beer crate through the turnstiles in the anfield road end for me to stand on in front of him in what became our/my usual spot for years after..
      My early recollection/memories of matches(which are still in glorious HD colour in my mind today) was the 11-0 thrashing of Stromengodset in the UEFA cup (still a club record I think?) , Keegans diving header in the replayed final against BMG , Faircloughs mesmerising winner in the last minute of the derby and Toshacks lanky footwork and pinpoint headers and of course the blood red kit..Watching and listening in awe to the banter around me in the crowd , the passion , the tears of joy when we scored , hugging and squeezing the life out of whoever was next to you when the ball fizzed the net , trading songs/banter with the kopites , the lush green turf of the night games and waving to me dad in the main stand, sneaking upto the ground and getting the players autographs during the week after they got off the coach at Anfield from a training session at melwood including the great Shanks himself.
      Then as I got older home games on a saturday were pretty much like going to church on a sunday except I never went to pray I went to worship what I saw week in week out..from 76 to around 83 (before I moved out of town) I experienced some truly amazing sights n sounds at Anfield , Faircloughs winner against St Etienne , Jimmy Cases's thunderbolts , King Kennys debut , Souness's first goal for the club against the scum which nearly bust the net in front of me !! :laugh: , the 7-0 thrashing of Spurs(prob my fav game ever) , just simply trophy after trophy after trophy...my first away game at Elland road (christ that was a baptism of fire !!kicked off big time outside the ground but Jimmy case secured the win for us on the day) , the all too familiar walk down Wembley way..I can remember going to Wembley on a single decker bus for christ sake with a load of us from The Claremont pub with ale stacked up on the luggage section , off to beat the scum in the 83 Milk cup final..good days indeed..
      Then our kid took the reigns and has been a season ticket holder ever since...he even sold the family people carrier(he's got 7 kids) to get his Istanbul tickets and flights ;D (don't worry she took him back !!)
      Although I'm not resident in the city anymore, still to this day the hairs on the back of my neck stand up on a match day prior to kick off even if it is on me big telly in me living room..I even converted my wife of 14 years to a Redgirl and we have two healthy lads(12 and 7) who are completely obsessed with Nando and Stevie G..So we all laugh and cry together in our house dressed in red when there's a match on and I wouldn't have it any other way..I love the rants on the other end of the phone from me dad and our kid after a game whatever the result...
      so in a nutshell...I really don't know of any other way I could get on in life without my beloved LIVERPOOL FC
      Great thread by the way and hello everyone xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #178: Jan 24, 2011 08:18:39 pm
      Not bad for a very first post  ;)    xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #179: Jan 24, 2011 08:33:26 pm
      As a kid there were some good football managers around and some good teams ,and as a lad from Leeds it was expected that i support my home team ,but .....a certain manager called Bill Shankly and the manner with which the team played football totally won me over ,this was not just a team but a way of life,a religion to some ,since those days i am totally 100 % red !
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #180: Jan 24, 2011 09:17:29 pm
      I was watching only Champions League and international games few years back. I was a little glory hunter, when somebody asked what team do u support, i answered Mancs, but i couldnt even name their starting lineup.

Then one day i watched Chelsea - LFC game at Bridge, it ended 4-4. What a game that was, when u thought that Liverpool was out, we still managed to score and the passion with what we played was amasing.

As i watched a lot of international games i knew Gerrard, Torres and Kuyt. I had heard a lot of stories about Gerrard and i totlay admired him because what he have done to this club.

When i watched the Chelsea game i knew that LFC is the right club for me. And when i searched more about LFC history, YNWA, Istanbul then this was just amasing.

Ironicaly after i became LFC fan everything was going wrong. We had a chance to win Premiership, lost it. In my first summer we sold Xabi, didnt manage to sign Barry, dropped out of CL, finished 7, didnt manage to win Europa League, poor FA Cup run, Rafa sacked, Hodgson in... but still i support LFC and ive found something magical about football and this club. Definitely it isnt just a game for me anymore, its a lot of more than that.

After that Chelsea game i have watched almost every Liverpool game, only missed 2 or 3 matches because i was traveling somewhere and couldnt watched it.

I just got my first LFC kit for this Christmas and im planing my first Anfield visit next season, because from spring there gonna be Tallinn-Liverpool-Tallinn airline and then it is much more cheaper to travel ;)
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #181: Jan 24, 2011 09:36:00 pm
      Family were all Blue. I just settled for the Reds. Can't remember not being a red. My Dad took me to my first game against Bayern Munich for the first leg of European cup semi-final in 1978. The only thing I can remember from the Main Stand was Karl Heinz Rumminiger hitting the bar at the Kop End ( I was only 10 and it finished 0-0).
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #182: Jan 24, 2011 10:31:52 pm
      In my family the only person who loved football was my gran dad, who lived in the countryside and every summer I would go there and spend my vacations with him and granny. In the summer of 98 I was 12 years old and happened to be there while the WC was on. So I sat down with him and watched the games and asked around bout penalties, offsides, free kicks...... and I liked it.

Then in one of the matches, I see 18 year old Michael Owen and (unlike other people here, who were fascinated with his game) I had a huuuuge teenage crush on him  ;D So instead of the game I start asking around about him and turns out he plays for this club, Liverpool and after that everything is history (including Michael Owen)  :)

I feel in love with our Kop, I feel in love with our YNWA, I feel in love with our history and all the great men on and beside the pitch.

When in 2002 my gran dad died, every time I would watch a match I would also remember him cause football was our granddaughter/granddad thing and it makes it even more special for me.

Now after almost 13 years of my first LFC match my love has only grown stronger and deeper, as simple as that. 
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #183: Jan 24, 2011 10:33:32 pm
      my Daddy :) passed down generation to generation.

Quick Reply