Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

The weekend thread...

Read 235227 times
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Re: The weekend thread...
      Reply #161: May 08, 2007 09:58:13 am
      Wales is indeed a great country in my opinion as well though. Love going there. Always have a good time.
      And we all know how good Cardiff is....
      Yup ;D And yes we blydi well do! Can't wait to go home on Thursday!!

Come on Lester. When did he ever film Wacaday in jeans and t-shirt?
      It was full on, mad glasses, big mallet, crazy cap, bermuda shorts, the works.
      In Carnarvon Castle though. Too random....
      Who?! What programme is this?! ???
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #162: May 08, 2007 02:14:34 pm
      Yup ;D And yes we blydi well do! Can't wait to go home on Thursday!!
      Who?! What programme is this?! ???

Well I can understand you not knowing Timmy Mallett from the 80's, Nic. I feel old now  :-\

He used to do a kids show called Wacaday. And it was famous for his game "Mallets Mallet".
      Thought you might have heard of him though, because he goes round a lot of SU bars around the country playing Malletts Mallet

Timmy Mallett

Malletts Mallet Game Rules
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #163: May 08, 2007 06:41:48 pm
      See I was only born in '87 I guess that's why I don't know!
      Sorry didn't mean to make you feel old :)

That game sounds brilliant! We play word association with drinks, if you take too long you drink, or if you say a word that everyone thinks is un-related, or just doesn't like, you drink ;D

Can't wait to go hooooome! Got my Dad to buy me loads of goodies in the Club Shop, 2 huge flags included  8) Yayyy.
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2007 06:42:27 pm by Nicola »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #164: May 08, 2007 07:17:08 pm
      Come on Lester. When did he ever film Wacaday in jeans and t-shirt?
      It was full on, mad glasses, big mallet, crazy cap, bermuda shorts, the works.
      In Carnarvon Castle though. Too random....

Remember he opened the Prescot Shopping Centre and my sister got his signature...

Ah.. the heady heights of fame!

Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #165: May 12, 2007 12:08:53 am

Im "babysitting" my friends chihuahua for the weekend, shes just the cutest! Sooo tiny and lively, almost like a little baby with all the personality! Tihi  :D
      But they wont pick her up before sunday, not sure when... Afraid I'll miss the game, Fowlers last!! and Dudeks too. That would be such a shame. Hope they will be back for her before 4, when the game starts up here.

'Dear God, please make it so I can watch You play Your last game at Anfield. That would be awesome. Amen'
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #166: May 12, 2007 01:44:19 am
      Im "babysitting" my friends chihuahua for the weekend

Tell me you won't be taking it out to the shops in your handbag with some massively oversizes sunglasses on...
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #167: May 12, 2007 04:01:07 am
      Tell me you won't be taking it out to the shops in your handbag with some massively oversizes sunglasses on...

Hehe, spot on, JD! Thats me!
      I always ramble around the city with the dog in a pink Versace handbag, tight minimal clothing and my superdiva sunglasses on. No matter what the weather is like. The dog got sunglasses too. And a cowgirl outfit.
      In the weekends I change personality. Then I put this red shirt on, head for the local pub and get wasted while watching my favorite team play. Swearing, burping, shouting and singing...
      Scary!  ;)
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2007 04:03:18 am by Watt »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #168: May 12, 2007 05:00:17 pm
      In the weekends I change personality. Then I put this red shirt on, head for the local pub and get wasted while watching my favorite team play. Swearing, burping, shouting and singing...
      Scary!  ;)

That's not scary! That's pretty good! ;)

I'm having a nice, relaxed, chilled out weekend. Done most things I needed to do. Might pop down the offie, get a few cans in and watch an LFC dvd tonight. Love it. ;D
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #169: May 12, 2007 06:28:11 pm
      Bloody hell I haven't stayed in on a Saturday night for ages is telly always this bad?
      The wife informs me we are watching Any dream will do followed by the Eurovision song contest where the favourite to win is a drag act from the Ukraine who looks like Peggy off Hi Di Hi!
      I think its a trip to the offie and then a sneak upstairs to watch Real V Espanyol. ;)
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2007 06:29:29 pm by Glenbuck »
      Cy
      Reply #170: May 12, 2007 08:36:09 pm
      Bloody hell I haven't stayed in on a Saturday night for ages is telly always this bad?
      The wife informs me we are watching Any dream will do followed by the Eurovision song contest where the favourite to win is a drag act from the Ukraine who looks like Peggy off Hi Di Hi!
      I think its a trip to the offie and then a sneak upstairs to watch Real V Espanyol. ;)

I'm in the same boat here mate, offie trip done but can't escape the eurovision contest, which is a first (and last time) for me..well, what wouldn't we do for love to our missus...cheers!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #171: May 12, 2007 09:16:06 pm
      I'm in the same boat here mate, offie trip done but can't escape the eurovision contest, which is a first (and last time) for me..well, what wouldn't we do for love to our missus...cheers!!

:D "can't escape the eurovision contest"
      You have my sympathy mate. Although, there's usually a few nice ladies on show on the eurovision isn't there.... ;) Might end up having a sneaky peek myself.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #172: May 12, 2007 09:58:15 pm

I tell you what after watching that there's a couple of countries iam never setting foot in they make Borat look normal!!, but the worrying thing is the UK's is by far the worst!, never mind only an hour of voting to go now :o and Ive done my bit.
      Cy
      Reply #173: May 12, 2007 10:01:18 pm
      I tell you what after watching that there's a couple of countries iam never setting foot in they make Borat look normal!!, but the worrying thing is the UK's is by far the worst!, never mind only an hour of voting to go now :o and Ive done my bit.
        you forgot the french!! man i'm ashame..it's the last time my girl pull me into this..Germany were the best for me..quick an other beer..the commentary are quite funny though...
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #174: May 12, 2007 10:10:40 pm
        you forgot the french!! man I'm ashame..it's the last time my girl pull me into this..Germany were the best for me..quick an other beer..the commentary are quite funny though...

Your a mind reader mate we picked Germany as well, I have tried to convince my better half she would rather watch Sinama-Pongolle play for Recreativo but she's not having it. Thank the stars its only once a year,dont you think instead of invading Iraq we should have had a song contest that would have sorted out the men from the boys, is that a woman on a trapeze pass the lager love!
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2007 10:11:34 pm by Glenbuck »
      Cy
      Reply #175: May 12, 2007 10:45:34 pm
      Your a mind reader mate we picked Germany as well, I have tried to convince my better half she would rather watch Sinama-Pongolle play for Recreativo but she's not having it. Thank the stars its only once a year,dont you think instead of invading Iraq we should have had a song contest that would have sorted out the men from the boys, is that a woman on a trapeze pass the lager love!
      Thanks god yes it's only once a year..the first vote just prove how political it is..serbia 12 points!!!!..love pass the can please..all these vote are set up..countries vote for their neigbourgh..what a lot of rubbish..
      So far..Uk nil points!!! he he he ...you were so right glenbuck..
      I'm not a fan of terry wogan but he is the man to comment these..how can people like this??..no beers left..
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #176: May 13, 2007 10:26:49 pm
      EUROVISION WAS AWESOME!!

I'm afraid I haven't seen any of our game, I would like to see highlights of Fowler's last game. Goodbye to a true legend. I'm also not sure if Dudek played. I'm too tired I'll check in the morning.

Anyway I had a brill weekend at home, was nice to be away from exams :)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #177: May 18, 2007 01:40:44 pm
      Anyone up to anything out the ordinary this weekend? Are you abseiling down your local town hall? Pot holing in the peak district? Or Hang gliding over Wembley whilst emptying your bladder on our friends below.I only ask as even though its Cup Final day tomorrow I couldn't give a rats ass about it as all I am thinking about is next week in Athens (this is mainly down to Nicola and her daily countdown of sleeps ;D) tomorrows final is a bit like going the pictures when you where a kid and having to watch the cartoons before the main feature comes on you will half watch it but you will still be fiddling with your popcorn, but once the main event starts it gets your utmost attention.
      So my weekend will involve going the gym first thing, this will leave me totally knackered for my trek round Asda I will also be to weak to argue when the wife says can we just have a little look round Primark (We means she!) after this I shall settle down to watch the build up to a cup final I cant lose, I want Chelsea to win to stop the Mancs doing the double but if they lose I have the bonus of watching the dog molester make up excuses and John Terry burst into tears, so everyone's a winner.
      After staying in last week and being forced to watch Eurovision I have not made the same mistake this time and Saturday night I will be out on the lash at one of those quaint little night spots every town has (it makes the Grafton look like the Newz Bar!)
      Have a nice weekend everyone and keep those nerves in check because the main event is nearly here. :champ:
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #178: May 18, 2007 01:56:50 pm
      Anyone up to anything out the ordinary this weekend? Are you abseiling down your local town hall? Pot holing in the peak district? Or Hang gliding over Wembley whilst emptying your bladder on our friends below.I only ask as even though its Cup Final day tomorrow I couldn't give a rats ass about it as all I am thinking about is next week in Athens (this is mainly down to Nicola and her daily countdown of sleeps ;D) tomorrows final is a bit like going the pictures when you where a kid and having to watch the cartoons before the main feature comes on you will half watch it but you will still be fiddling with your popcorn, but once the main event starts it gets your utmost attention.
      So my weekend will involve going the gym first thing, this will leave me totally knackered for my trek round Asda I will also be to weak to argue when the wife says can we just have a little look round Primark (We means she!) after this I shall settle down to watch the build up to a cup final I cant lose, I want Chelsea to win to stop the Mancs doing the double but if they lose I have the bonus of watching the dog molester make up excuses and John Terry burst into tears, so everyone's a winner.
      After staying in last week and being forced to watch Eurovision I have not made the same mistake this time and Saturday night I will be out on the lash at one of those quaint little night spots every town has (it makes the Grafton look like the Newz Bar!)
      Have a nice weekend everyone and keep those nerves in check because the main event is nearly here. :champ:

Hi Glenbuck,
       Easy weekend for me, tie up loose ends tomorrow and fly to Athens on Sunday.
      I couldn't wish for anything more.
      Everyone, hope you enjoy your weekend as much as me.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #179: May 18, 2007 01:56:59 pm
      Tehe, Eurovision was awesome ;D
      5 sleeps now! Holy crap!! I'm quite excited about the game tomorrow, would be 10 x exciteder though if it was two different teams, like Arsenal and.. Bolton or something!
      After the gym mate, whilst in Asda, eat some fruit :)
      Saturday I'm going to the library to revise about 10-11am, about 2 moving across the campus to the Union to watch the game, then coming home for my housemate's birthday party, then maybe going out, see where the night takes us!
      Sunday revision revision revision!! Genetics exam Monday :'(
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #180: May 18, 2007 02:12:16 pm

My brother will meet my boyfriend tonight.. Uhhh...  :P
      My brothers home from the army to celebrate our constitution day, May 17. and were going out for a couple (...) of beers tonight and my boyfriend will join.... They havent met yet, but I think it will be ok as long as the topic football never comes up....  :P ;)

Im nervous...  Nah.. Theyre both nice and easy going. More nice and easy going than me.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #181: May 18, 2007 02:21:27 pm
      Hi Glenbuck,
       Easy weekend for me, tie up loose ends tomorrow and fly to Athens on Sunday.
      I couldn't wish for anything more.
      Everyone, hope you enjoy your weekend as much as me.

Enjoy your time out in Athens mate and make sure you bring the new big ears home with you.

After the gym mate, whilst in Asda, eat some fruit :)
      What like nick some off the shelves as I go round? ive seen customers like you Nicola eating stuff before they get to the till. ;D
      Any fruit in particular?
      « Last Edit: May 18, 2007 02:26:39 pm by Glenbuck »
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #182: May 18, 2007 02:22:32 pm
      sounds like a fun weekend then Watt!! :)

football presantation for me so kick about sat morning, beers in the afternoon quite one sat night tho :(

sunday i'll prob just layz about, maybe fm07 for a couple of hours :)

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #183: May 18, 2007 02:46:20 pm
      Well my weekends started. Working Sunday unfortunately but still not given up on the whole Athens thing.  Going to see if I can get some crazy flight last minute deal.  Seen a couple already connecting in some Eastern European countries! Just been delivered a PS3 game and Night at the Museum by one of those film rental by post thingies. 

I managed to avoid Eurovision but will probably pop down the local to watch the final and have a few jars so will probably be asleep by about 7 on Saturday!

Roll on next Wednesday is all I can say. Assuming the Athens thing doesn't work out I finish work at 12:30 which is very dangerous 7 hours before kick off....!

Quick Reply