Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Michael Owen - Should he stay or should he go?

Should he stay in jail with the barcodes?
      (56%)
      Or should we bail him out?
      (44%)

Michael Owen (Newcastle United)

Read 72134 times
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Re: Michael Owen returning to the reds
      Reply #23: Feb 27, 2007 10:39:41 am
      id have him back! A lot of you are forgetting the many great things he had done for us! He won us the FA Cup in 2001 single handedly. Id welcome him back!

Bring back LIL MO!!!
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #24: Feb 27, 2007 11:17:37 am
      Too many injuries in the past, shall Rafa rebuild a team on him? I believe we have to be grateful to Michael but LFC needs a youngest strikers.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #25: Feb 27, 2007 12:19:18 pm
      a lot of these posts are based on past tense, much has happened since owen last played for us and facts are facts he simply is not the player he was, so get over it, there a few truly world class strikers out there who we should be looking at who are young, talented, injury free and hit the net from all angles on regular basis. Lets start looking to the future and not the past
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #26: Feb 27, 2007 01:05:51 pm
      Well said, if you take a look at other great teams they are always looking for young strikers. Here in Italy the greatest teams use to buy players on this way. If I don't remember wrong a lot of talents were bought by LFC from minor teams I mean Champions, First Division and so on.   
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #27: Feb 27, 2007 02:46:27 pm
      I'd love to see him back but believe he'll stay at the toon for next season. Cant see them selling him when he's fully fit after sticking by him through 2 years of injuries
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #28: Feb 27, 2007 02:57:13 pm
      I hope he don't come back to liverpool, we have moved on, and i really don't think he will get much of first team football at anfield. can you really see him getting in the squad be for Krut? i cannot.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #29: Feb 27, 2007 04:43:25 pm
      I'd love to have the old Michael back though, the one that scores goals week in week out. Not the one that spends more time in the hospital than on the training grounds. But guys we have lots of money now. Why settle for mediocre players?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #30: Feb 27, 2007 05:57:40 pm
      We don't need owen back....we need a  quality striker or two (not Veronin who looks like a squad player but a Tevez) and two new wingers....If we make these 4 signings we'll be solid all over....
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #31: Feb 27, 2007 09:01:04 pm
      "Yay! We finally got some money, lets keep Carra and Stevie but swap the rest in younger, faster, stronger, more goodlooking or whatever lads!!!" ;) ;) hehe
      Theres been too much wind in the troops I think. I want more stability, let players settle and develop before deciding on them being rubbish or not.
      As for Owen, sadly, I agree in those of you saying its too late. But its sad.
      « Last Edit: Feb 27, 2007 09:01:44 pm by Watt »
      Jodie H
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #32: Feb 27, 2007 09:34:08 pm
      The best of Micheal Owen is over. The lad is always injured, I appreciated what the lad has done for us in the past, but  do we really need him back? I'd rather buy a fit, quality, international young player then a pale, unfit, shadow of what Michael Owen was.....

Maybe a do you want michael Owen back poll could be posted to see what we all think....My answer: NO thanks.

i agree, micheal owen has had his day, he was an amaziing player at 1point
      but like all of u have said whats the point in buying a player who is constantly injured???
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #33: Feb 28, 2007 08:02:43 pm
      he'd definetly be a regular starter if we had him and he was fit
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #34: Feb 28, 2007 08:11:56 pm
      he'd definetly be a regular starter if we had him and he was fit

I think Owen peaked too early, everyone has forgotten about him now i prefare Bellers
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #35: Feb 28, 2007 08:17:17 pm
      Lets get one glaringly obvious point corrected...Craig Bellamy is no Michael Owen...Bellers is more of a Darren Huckerby who can actually look up once in a while....I like Bellers but lets keep some perspective...Owen is 27 and despite the way he left, he is was a fantastic player for us who quite often saved GH boring tactics. If he can get fit he can be a great player again but his Anfield days are past him.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #36: Feb 28, 2007 08:29:00 pm
      Owen getting fit again? Maybe but for how long? We don't need someone like him who will get injured in training. He was a fantastic player for us but his career is comming to an end. 2 seasons injured now. His move to Madrid came at the wrong time for him and the right time for us.
      tomarto
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #37: Feb 28, 2007 11:11:51 pm
      hope not hes a traitor he left for the money you have to have pride to wear the liverpool shirt he chose to move on F**k him let him rot at newcastle
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #38: Feb 28, 2007 11:15:06 pm
      a little harsh! He helped us get alot of trophies...he left in a odd way granted but 'rot in Newcastle'
      tomarto
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #39: Feb 28, 2007 11:23:55 pm
      why do we need owen was he at the club when we won the champions league?

why cos he chose to move to real for the fame and money. yes he helped win throphys for l.f.c and i am gratefull to him for his efforts but he sh*t on this club on our rafa on our fans by turning his back on us he thought he was bigger than L.F.C and he wont be here when we lift premiership and i for one am happy about that.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #40: Feb 28, 2007 11:30:34 pm
      agree that he won't be coming back but Liverpool fans are a much classier breed that to want a former player to go "rot in Newcastle'?....accept if Diouf ends up there...
      tomarto
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #41: Feb 28, 2007 11:42:31 pm
      i agree but why should we care what happens to him did he care when he left for real he tryed to hold this club to ransom what if rafa didnt agree to sell him would he ov just walked away for free instead of the sh*t 8 mill we got and a useless player. yes i think he would so that is why i will never forgive and allways hope we does F**k all in the carrer he has left at newcastle. sorry but this is just how i feel.and everyone is intitled to there opinion
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #42: Feb 28, 2007 11:43:00 pm
      Rot in Newcastle is a bit harsh! Owen was a great player for us and played his part in bringing trophies to our club. We don't need Owen, I don't believe he will ever play a full injury free season again and I don't think he was ever the same player after he tore his ham string. I think its sad that a player who could of been as good as any one suffered such an injury. I also think its sad that he made some wrong choices in life and his career will suffer for that. But I I've already said he's made his bed............
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #43: Feb 28, 2007 11:48:07 pm
      Agree Crazyhorse...others left and we still love them? Rush left, Souness left, Saunders left, Collymore left, Diouf left....just realised I'm full of sh*t...stone owen...throw him under a bus...worse let him stay at Newcastle!
      tomarto
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #44: Feb 28, 2007 11:55:35 pm
      Agree Crazyhorse...others left and we still love them? Rush left, Souness left, Saunders left, Collymore left, Diouf left....just realised I'm full of sh*t...stone owen...throw him under a bus...worse let him stay at Newcastle!

owen would of been a legend in same bracket as rush souness king kenny kegan but he chose money and fame over true passtion and pride for  liverpool fc. as for Collymore and  Diouf hahahahaha gerrard has more passion and commitment in his little toe than owen collymore and diouf put together
      « Last Edit: Mar 01, 2007 01:24:53 am by tomarto »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #45: Mar 01, 2007 05:38:29 pm

owen would of been a legend in same bracket as rush souness king kenny kegan but he chose money and fame over true passtion and pride for  liverpool fc. as for Collymore and  Diouf hahahahaha gerrard has more passion and commitment in his little toe than owen collymore and diouf put together

Thats accually made me open my eyes a little more....

Quick Reply