Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Aurelio out till Christmas

Read 11193 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Aurelio out till Christmas
      Reply #23: Jun 27, 2009 03:56:14 pm
      Until christmas?

For fucks sake.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #24: Jun 27, 2009 03:58:50 pm
      Aurelio is made of Glass ... good player tho hopefully he will have a speedy recovery shaving a couple of weeks or so of his estimated time.. Get well soon Fabio
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Jun 27, 2009 04:00:30 pm
      Cant carragher play left position then agger and skirtl can get a game.

I dont think Carragher has the legs or the ability to go marauding down the left hand side like he has done for us in the past Insua and Arbeloa or Doss fighting for that position granted that the previous 2 stay
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #26: Jun 27, 2009 04:29:32 pm
      They should take those kids off him. Buggers.

Gutted he'll be out so long, but I have faith in Insua. We have cover if Insua's not available. He won't be jetting off to play in some bloody halfarsed tournament on the moon at any point though will he?

And we can shuffle the pack if we have to. Only thing is, if Arbeloa stays until january then no-one's going to come in and buy him then, with his contract running out in the summer. So if he stays now, he'll be staying for the season, and we won't be getting any money for him.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #27: Jun 27, 2009 04:33:01 pm
      Out until Christmas, by which time the title won't be won, but it could certainly be lost.

We have two options: stick by Insua and Dossena (and possibly Arbeloa), or buy another defender.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #28: Jun 27, 2009 04:35:58 pm
      No we've got Insua and Dossenna (as a last option) as well as Arby, there's no need to put Carra on the left where we know he won't do well, or buy a new player unnecessarily!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Jun 27, 2009 05:43:34 pm
      Is it me or could Agger play left back? Not one person has mentioned him yet which is surprising.

Sell Doss because having him there is no better than sticking Carra at left back (Carra is NOT a left back, btw - further reiterating my point). Get some dough for him before his value drops.

Makes sense.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #30: Jun 27, 2009 05:52:50 pm
      True, could work:     
                                             Reina

Johnson     Carra    Skrtel    Agger

What do you guys think?   
      Bowlesy88
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #31: Jun 27, 2009 06:09:34 pm
      insua is good, but too young to play every match between now and xmas. i could see us buying henize now, straight trade for arbeloa? or seeing arbeloa playing some matches at left back like he did for spain the other night.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #32: Jun 27, 2009 06:57:47 pm
      insua is good, but too young to play every match between now and xmas. I could see us buying henize now, straight trade for arbeloa? or seeing arbeloa playing some matches at left back like he did for spain the other night.

Or keep Arboloa since he is better than Henize
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #33: Jun 27, 2009 07:04:14 pm
      Is it me or could Agger play left back? Not one person has mentioned him yet which is surprising.

Careful mate, I got my only neg for suggesting that before. :( Makes sense to me though. A left footed defender that likes to get foward?
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #34: Jun 27, 2009 07:18:27 pm
      I hope we keep Arby after this awfull news.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #35: Jun 27, 2009 07:26:23 pm
      Maybe a cheeky bid for Cashley Cole and test Chelski's resolve ?

I'm only saying because I would like to see more of his mrs maybe i should just Buy Smash Hits or surf some random sites of her wearing Bikinis........... ;D
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #36: Jun 27, 2009 07:32:52 pm
      Unlucky for Fabio ...excited to see Arby on the left Johnson on the right against the Spurs.
      Babel-Torres-Gerrard
      • Forum David Johnson

• 230 posts |
      Reply #37: Jun 27, 2009 08:39:59 pm
      We can still quite comfortably cope with the loss of the Doss, because we have two quality replacements in that left-back slot, Emiliano Insua who's injury record is second to none.  Moreover, we have the giant Danish brute that is Daniel Agger, who can beautifully slot there and make blistering runs down the flanks.  His crossing, however, would be an issue because he rarely plays in that full-back position, and he is rarely ever required to get a cross in.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #38: Jun 27, 2009 09:16:59 pm

If you're suggesting he's a tranny then he really will kill you!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #39: Jun 27, 2009 09:20:16 pm
      Big blow this he gets into form and then gets injured we should be alright though if we keep Arby and rotate him and Insua on the left.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #40: Jun 27, 2009 11:59:35 pm
      Careful mate, I got my only neg for suggesting that before. :( Makes sense to me though. A left footed defender that likes to get foward?
      Exactly, I reckon it would work, being like a wing back that attacks and can even overlap reira and can always cut in and shoot with the powerful left, although his right needs some practice.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #41: Jun 28, 2009 12:22:04 am
      Exactly, I reckon it would work, being like a wing back that attacks and can even overlap reira and can always cut in and shoot with the powerful left, although his right needs some practice.

Dare I say it but I think Agger could do a job there for us if required. Maybe it would not be an outstanding attacking display like from some one who's more accustomed to the role but no doubt he could give a steady performance if called upon
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #42: Jun 28, 2009 12:34:51 am
      Ah well, means Insua gets his chance to prove, again, why he's the future left back for this club and it may also force us to hang on to Arbeloa to provide the cover.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #43: Jun 28, 2009 01:06:10 am
      Ah well, means Insua gets his chance to prove, again, why he's the future left back for this club and it may also force us to hang on to Arbeloa to provide the cover.

Wouldnt be bad thing hanging onto Arbeloa I really rate the guy he's not spectacular but he's solid, defensively sound and consistent.

Much the same you can say about Insua and I agree he's our future left back for years to come.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #44: Jun 28, 2009 01:00:28 pm
      Insua is the future. From watching him, he seems to have a bit of everything and is very solid and consistent.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #45: Jun 28, 2009 01:38:03 pm

Sums it up perfectly I think.

I think it shows how far our squad has come that we can lose such an important player for half the season but still have such quality replacements lined up.

Quick Reply