Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool FC's Dirk Kuyt is burgled, now Gerrard's turn.

Read 5360 times
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Re: Liverpool FC's Dirk Kuyt is burgled, now Gerrard's turn.
      Reply #46: Dec 14, 2007 12:50:01 am
      Maybe the main reason there doing it is to put the players of there game??  :(
      It didn't work did it?! Quite the opposite.

Was gutted to hear about this. More bad publicity for Liverpool unfortunately and the chavs at work just loved having a dig - bas**rds.
      I have thought for some time about this security issue regarding Liverpool players and believe the club could protect it's players properties whilst they're on duty although ultimately the task falls on the players themselves. The money they earn should be able to used to implement a secure environment for they're families and possessions but not at the risk of being paranoid. The price of success...
      The average person can go about day to day life without too much concern regarding they're property but I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to be invaded by masked thugs whilst in your own home and being terrorized and burgled at the same time while be concerned about your children's safety. How nasty would that have been for Alex and then Stevie G finds out about it after one of the best game of his life... F***ing unreal.
      Maybe something will finally get done to prevent this happening again before something much worse happens.
      Liverpool FC can support it's players if it chooses to do so, they are no different to you or I. We all go to work and come home. The difference is we are entertained by Liverpool Football Club but at what price to the players and their families? I wouldn't wish that on any of them for my pleasure.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #47: Dec 14, 2007 06:48:38 am
      I said it before and I'll say it again.  Nobody from my work helps protect the security of my home.   By all means the club can provide contacts or a service for the players - but if the players want their homes protecting then they have the finances to do so.

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #48: Dec 14, 2007 12:37:31 pm
      JD, I think you are wrong... when Rafa wants to attract new world class players, they will have no doubt heard about this... saying to them, well yes it's a problem and each player now pays for his own security... isn't much of a pull is it...?

It's not a lot of money, compared to the wages and worth of the assets... don't forget that... they are assets on the clubs books 24x7... their safety, their piece of mind... is worth a bit of security expenditure in my book.

Do we want them worrying their arses off when we play Real Madrid or Inter away? No... we want them focused... we want them mean ...we want more Marseille's. Focus. Focus. Focus.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #49: Dec 14, 2007 02:39:17 pm
      Rafa Benitez has defended his rotation policy he says it keeps robbers guessing who will be home on match days.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #50: Dec 14, 2007 03:02:11 pm
      I agree with JD totally that whilst robbery of any kind is despicable the punching of an 86 year old bloke in the face to escape with his TV turned my stomach and makes me want to do serious damage to the scum who perputrate such a crime, whilst the theft of Stevies property disgusting as it is could surely have been stopped by proper security procedures being carried out at his house.
      I don't mean because Stevie is minted its allright to take from him its just that he easily possesses the means to pay for the best alarms, fences and any other deterrent to a would be scumbag where as the likes of me and you are left generally to sort out our own security devices e.g. marry a girl who doesn't take any sh*t and looks a scary sight with no make up on ;D

I don't think it puts off any future signings at all as theft can happen anywhere and the Reds players who have been targetted live all over the region and not in Liverpool city centre itself, also did you see in last weekends papers that Alex had bought Stevie a 10k watch for Christmas? and then on Tuesday night the thieves escaped with a watch!...can't beat a bit of advertising eh?

There is also no truth in the rumour that James Mcfadden has put in a transfer request for a move to Liverpool as he feels he will have a better chance of being burgled! ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #51: Dec 14, 2007 03:24:03 pm
      Rafa Benitez has defended his rotation policy he says it keeps robbers guessing who will be home on match days.

:lmao:

Quick Reply