Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Alvaro Arbeloa Player Thread

Read 32313 times
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Re: Alvaro Arbeloa
      Reply #23: Mar 08, 2007 07:41:48 pm
      I like this guy. he is very controlled and disciplined player. he will be a good asset in our team next year wen we put up a strong fight for the prem.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #24: Mar 08, 2007 08:06:19 pm
      Been a great addition...love the fact that Rafa is such a master that it is as if he bought him only for the Barca games and for our run in europe to the Final to collect Number 6....made Messi look like  a  cheating, overated Argie....oh...he is....
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #25: Mar 08, 2007 08:14:57 pm
      same here from what i have seen so far(too early to judge,,but) i like the the guy ,,, good tackler and he can play iether side.....much better than neill ....... i think he can only get better when he settles more,,,,,,
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #26: Mar 08, 2007 08:56:35 pm
      Looks solid enough..just needs to adapt to the pace but made some recovering tackles/clearances the other night.  ;D
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #27: Mar 08, 2007 11:56:24 pm
      his English is a lot better than our Spanish !!
      mind you, with his posts in the hot woman thread - who needs to understand !!
      top man edu rbb
      Yes pictures sometimes speak louder than words :laugh:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #28: Mar 09, 2007 12:02:21 am
      Yes pictures sometimes speak louder than words :laugh:

Haha!!! :laughing-smiley-014: Totally agree Tallfc!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #29: Mar 09, 2007 12:13:01 am

Shame no bodys has used the hot ladies thread today. not heard from edu today maybe he has virus from searching too many of those sights :laugh:
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #30: Mar 09, 2007 12:26:48 am
      Shame no bodys has used the hot ladies thread today. not heard from edu today maybe he has virus from searching too many of those sights :laugh:
      Hope hes not ill
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #31: Mar 09, 2007 12:30:54 am
      He's proberly hooked up with one of them ladies right now, jammy git
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #32: Mar 09, 2007 09:10:54 am
      NOT BAD !! I MEAN TWO MATCHES ARE NOT ENOUGH TO GIVE AN OPINION ABOUT HIM
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #33: Mar 10, 2007 08:16:12 pm
      ...next year wen we put up a strong fight for the prem.

I love your confident optimism here!

And goodness me, where in the world did Arbeloa appeared from? Some say that Arsene Wenger has great vision in the talents that he buys but poor Professor Wenger was so smart in sending a young team against PSV. Rafa's decision to sign Arbeloa just in time to face Barca is one of the greatest foresight he's shown so far.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #34: Mar 11, 2007 05:12:52 pm
      Arebola lookes like he has been playing with the Reds for  far longer than he has. I think he's settled in remarkably quick,surely things can only get better. Lucas Niel, best suited to where he's gone. From mediocre mid table to mediocre mid table. He must be the most depressed prem player out there.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #35: Mar 11, 2007 05:16:01 pm
      Arebola lookes like he has been playing with the Reds for  far longer than he has. I think he's settled in remarkably quick,surely things can only get better. Lucas Niel, best suited to where he's gone. From mediocre mid table to mediocre mid table. He must be the most depressed prem player out there.

Lucas Neill is a f*cking mug, he hasn't just gone from a mid table club to another, he's gone from a mid table club to one almost guaranteed to be relegated. He deserves it anyway, money grabbing scumbag, hope he ends up having to go back to Australia where the average footballer earns about a tenner a week, now that would be just desserts
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #36: Mar 28, 2008 02:09:33 am
      Arbeloa shocked by 'inhumane' start to life under Benitez

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=547893&in_page_id=1779

Alvaro Arbeloa has opened up on the strict regime at Liverpool and claimed he had to endure an 'inhumane' first few weeks before adapting to the demands of manager Rafa Benitez.

The 25-year-old full back has underlined his worth since arriving from Deportivo La Coruna for £2.5million 14 months ago and earned his first cap for Spain in Wednesday's 1-0 win over Italy.

As he prepared for Sunday's Merseyside derby with Everton at Anfield, though, he admitted Benitez's tough approach in training had caught him by surprise.

'I didn't know where I was in my first week with Liverpool,' he said. 'It went badly, and the image I remember from those early days is of the manager criticising everything I did, from the way I did some basketball practice to how I played my football.

'My first fortnight at the club was inhumane, but I am grateful to him now for filling me in on how the team works. It is a well-run club and I found it easy to adapt to their way of working.

'People say the manager is grumpy but I have only seen that once. He is serious-minded, though, and I can assure you nobody enjoys themselves during the training sessions. There is a great seriousness about them because that is where we go to work.'

Off the pitch, though, Arbeloa has found the regime more forgiving. 'Things are different over here compared to Spain,' he said. 'Star players can go out and have a beer and nobody will cause them any trouble.'

Arbeloa described how Jamie Carragher rules Liverpool's dressing room while Steven Gerrard is the team's inspiration on the field.

'Jamie is the true boss in the changing room,' he said. 'He orders everyone around and yells a lot but, to be fair, he has a CV equal to Fernando Hierro's for Real Madrid and the Spain national team. He sees and hears everything and keeps us informed about what is happening.

'Gerrard is also important. He is like Zinedine Zidane — a genius who doesn't like to be the centre of attention. He is the first to make runs, to lend a hand or to get stuck in when necessary.'

Arbeloa conceded Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo leads the running for Footballer of the Year but loyally declared that his countryman Fernando Torres deserved the prize.

'Ronaldo's confidence level is so high everything he tries seems to come off and he is a step ahead of everyone else at the moment,' said Arbeloa.

'Alex Hleb of Arsenal and Chelsea's Joe Cole have also caught my eye but Torres has been massive for us. He has created a lot of goals for himself and is on a par with the best and I am sure he will be voted Footballer of the Year ahead of Ronaldo.

'He is an idol who has earned his stripes, particularly at Anfield, where he has scored most of his goals.'

Very interesting to read his view about Carragher being the 'true boss' in the changing room isn't it.

Anyone think Arbeloa has had benefit from Rafa's tough treatment when he first joined? It certainly seems it had an effect when we played Barca.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #37: Mar 28, 2008 02:25:28 am
      i think he has benefited big time, from Rafa"s regime, and being called up the spainish national team has shown that he is growing more as a player. His first actual start for Liverpool against Barcelona marking Lionel Messi was an achievement enough, and shows what a great player he is. Id like to see him play more games.

I think most players who arrive at Anfield now will benefit from his regime.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #38: Jun 24, 2008 02:25:43 pm
      NEUSTIFT, Austria (AP) -Liverpool defender Alvaro Arbeloa would be "delighted'' to see Cristiano Ronaldo leave Manchester United for Real Madrid.

"If Ronaldo leaves, then United will lose the best player in the world,'' said Arbeloa, a former Madrid player. "I would be delighted if he leaves. If he goes to Madrid, that would be phenomenal.''

Not only him but all the English clubs supporters that are against Manure.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #39: Jun 24, 2008 02:32:06 pm
      NEUSTIFT, Austria (AP) -Liverpool defender Alvaro Arbeloa would be "delighted'' to see Cristiano Ronaldo leave Manchester United for Real Madrid.

"If Ronaldo leaves, then United will lose the best player in the world,'' said Arbeloa, a former Madrid player. "I would be delighted if he leaves. If he goes to Madrid, that would be phenomenal.''

Not only him but all the English clubs supporters that are against Manure.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #40: Jun 25, 2008 08:03:20 pm
      http://LINK

To guarantee an argument which will last all night, put a Manchester United and Liverpool fan in a room and get them to discuss which club is the greatest.
      “Have you ever won the Treble?” “We’ve won it five times,” “18 years,” and “18 vs 17 titles,” would probably be the phrases that appeared most often.

Whilst I hate Liverpool most passionately, you’d be an idiot to ignore their great history. Sadly (Blah Blah Blah)

Liverpool resent United being called the biggest club in the World, despite arguments to support it. However, their own players aren’t doing their club any justice when resorting to such a small club mentality, as Alvaro Arbeloa did yesterday.

“If Ronaldo plays in Real Madrid it will be good news because he is one of the best players in the world and is our enemy at the moment,” Arbeloa told Sky Sports News. “If he can play for Real Madrid for me it is perfect. For us it would be a good news because for Manchester United he is very important and if Ronaldo is not in Manchester for Liverpool it is good.”

What’s he playing at? Why is a Liverpool player talking to Sky Sports News about United’s possible transfers? What on earth has it got to do with him?
      Fernando Torres has been linked with a move away to Chelsea in recent weeks. Can you imagine Nemanja Vidic getting on the phone to have a chat with Sky Sports News, claiming he hopes he leaves?

(Blah Blah Blah)
      ________________________ ________________________ _________________

Dont know what to make of this offensive piece. Arbeloa's open excitement with possible exit of Freekick and Penalty taking Ronaldo, pissed someone off.

I'm not particularly excited about Arbeloa's comments as it came off as if LFC needs Ronaldo out of Man U in order to win Nr 19! Who cares about Ronaldo.

here's a better link below:

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _______

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2008/06/25/arbeloa-I-d-love-ronaldo-to-leave-man-utd-55578-21145193/

Arbeloa: I’d love Ronaldo to leave Man Utd

Jun 25 2008 by Nick Smith, Daily Post

ALVARO ARBELOA has echoed the thoughts of all Premier League defenders – by admitting he hopes Cristiano Ronaldo joins his former club Real Madrid.

The Liverpool defender, who began his career at the Bernabeu, was on the receiving end of the Manchester United winger’s brilliance last season, when he scored 42 goals as they clinched a Premier League and Champions League double.

And Ronaldo’s departure would be a blessing for many Premier League defenders, according to the Spain international, who is currently away with his country for Euro 2008.

“If he leaves, Manchester United would lose the best player in the world,” said Arbeloa. “I would be delighted if Ronaldo leaves and more so if it is to my former team.”
      “Let’s hope Real Madrid make an effort. For me it would be fantastic. I would thank them.”

Ronaldo is a target for the Spanish giants, although several weeks of claim and counter-claim have failed to result in a deal.

United insist the Portugal international is not for sale while Madrid are waiting for the player to announce his future plans.

But the disruption the saga is causing to United’s preparations for next season can only be of encouragement to their top four rivals.
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ __
      « Last Edit: Jun 25, 2008 09:05:52 pm by solodee »
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #41: Jul 25, 2008 10:34:24 am
      http://www.liverpoolbanter.co.uk/2008/07/xabi-alonso-set-for-talks-on-a.html

One player likely to leave Anfield in the near future, however, is Arbeloa, who is understood to want a return to his homeland for personal reasons.

Liverpool should have no problems in cashing in on the defender, whose stock is at an all-time high following his part in helping Spain win the European Championships last month.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _______________

Why is Arbeloa leaving? We have to keep Finnan now.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #42: Jul 25, 2008 10:52:54 am
      I dont mind him leaving,its not a majour loss to us.never really rated him in the 1st place.Im sure we can get bout 7-10mill for him and that money can be used to get other players.Hopefully a descent winger!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #43: Jul 25, 2008 11:04:21 am
      Started last season excellently. If im honest i want him to stay, wonder what his personal reasons for wanting a move are.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #44: Jul 25, 2008 11:30:20 am
      i hope he stays!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #45: Jul 25, 2008 11:52:11 am
      I dont mind him leaving,its not a majour loss to us.never really rated him in the 1st place.Im sure we can get bout 7-10mill for him and that money can be used to get other players.Hopefully a descent winger!

I seriously doubt we'd get 7-10 million pounds for him.  If it was Euros then maybe but I hope he stays too as he's a versatile member of the squad.  Although we seem to be stacking up the defenders lately.

Quick Reply