Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich)

Read 28595 times
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Re: Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #207: Jul 11, 2009 12:31:39 am
      Of the 12 or so people who put 500 pounds each on this to slash the odds to 8\13...I really hope one of them was Rafa.  ;D

Aha that would be hilarious, to see Rafa go down to the bookies and be like "£500 on Ribery to Liverpool please"
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #208: Jul 11, 2009 12:52:33 am
      6 grand to bring the odds down from 66/1 to 13/8.
      I don`t think so.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #209: Jul 11, 2009 01:00:50 am
      6 grand to bring the odds down from 66/1 to 13/8.
      I don`t think so.

It was £200.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #210: Jul 11, 2009 01:15:25 am
      Just heard he's having a medical as we speak.

Are we really all that gullible?  Well I tell you what if I wake up tomorrow and Ribery IS a Liverpool player, I'll eat my... home shirt.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #211: Jul 11, 2009 01:16:49 am

Are we really all that gullible?  Well I tell you what if I wake up tomorrow and Ribery IS a Liverpool player, I'll eat my... home shirt.

I'll give everyone 8/13 odds that Court won't eat his home shirt if Ribery signs! ;)
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #212: Jul 11, 2009 01:18:47 am

Don't say that.  Wasn't it a BBC commentator that said he'd eat his hat if the USA qualified for the semis of the Confederations Cup?  I wonder if he actually did.  ::)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #213: Jul 11, 2009 01:25:17 am
      I'll give everyone 8/13 odds that Court won't eat his home shirt if Ribery signs! ;)

That's the spirit!  :D

If the majority of the forum put the same bet on in the Ladbrookes they'd sh*t themsevles and slash the prices!  It's really that simple.
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #214: Jul 11, 2009 02:22:40 am
      I think Ribery is better the Silva, and Riera, and any other winger in the premier league. If we clinched this signing, it would be on par with us buying Torres, I swear. I remember watching Ribery against Bolton, and on his own, he destroyed them, scored 2 and assisted 2, in 60 minutes. F***ing awesome player, and it would be an unbelievable signing. And I might bloody do a little pee in my pants if he walks in Anfield as the new Liverpool player.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #215: Jul 11, 2009 02:25:00 am
      I think Ribery is better the Silva, and Riera, and any other winger in the premier league. If we clinched this signing, it would be on par with us buying Torres, I swear. I remember watching Ribery against Bolton, and on his own, he destroyed them, scored 2 and assisted 2, in 60 minutes. F***ing awesome player, and it would be an unbelievable signing. And I might bloody do a little pee in my pants if he walks in Anfield as the new Liverpool player.

Same here! ;D
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #216: Jul 11, 2009 05:13:45 am
      I thought United was gonna use the Ronaldo money to get Ribery, don't think much changed, they got Owen for free, more money to spend on Ribery.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #217: Jul 11, 2009 05:43:47 am

Where did you hear that Ribery is having a medical? And he is having his medical here.. at Anfield?
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #218: Jul 11, 2009 06:24:50 am
      No Chance!!!

If we have put a bid in, it is only to increase the cost for Man Ure
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #219: Jul 11, 2009 07:04:46 am
      Would love it, if there was any truth behind this.Ribery is world class player,who in my opinion would suit the premier league perfectly with his athletic build and speed.However i dont think this will happen,i think he will end up at the theatre of sh*te down the road.Really,really hope i am wrong.....
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #220: Jul 11, 2009 08:24:30 am
      Rafa Benitez: Liverpool don't need Franck Ribery

Rafa Benitez has dismissed suggestions Franck Ribery will join Liverpool by insisting he already has the talent in place to win the title.

Speculation was rife yesterday about a shock move for the French striker, after one bookmaker slashed the odds on Ribery leaving Bayern Munich for Merseyside.

But Reds boss Benitez rubbished the rumour and said: "I don't think we will be signing anyone else for big, big money - just maybe the ones who can fit into our team.

"I will be really pleased if we can keep this squad together because I don't think we need to do too many things to get us in position.

"Now we are just thinking of improving the fitness of the players, not thinking of the transfer market. We have the quality and will have chances again."

Benitez wants Valencia winger David Silva to bolster his squad, but only if he can snatch the Spanish winger for around £15m.

But the manager's main ambition is to keep his midfield together and has spent most of the summer fending off Real Madrid and Barcelona's attempts to snatch Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano.

Benitez has given up hope of keeping full-back Alvaro Arbeloa, who will join Madrid next week for a fee of around £6m.

"We offered him an extension before, but if you have an idea and the agent has another one, you have to find solutions," he said.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/11/franckly-we-don-t-need-rib-115875-21511384/

Looks like he's not coming ....doh.

Would have liked him to come but it looked impossible from the first time I heard the rumors . We might someone else but not for over 20 mil ,we don't have many options , we only need a minor adjustment that hopefully doesn't cost us alot .
      « Last Edit: Jul 11, 2009 10:49:55 am by CRK, Reason: Added article »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #221: Jul 11, 2009 08:39:25 am
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/11/franckly-we-don-t-need-rib-115875-21511384/

Looks like he's not coming ....doh.

Would have liked him to come but it looked impossible from the first time I heard the rumors . We might someone else but not for over 20 mil ,we don't have many options , we only need a minor adjustment that hopefully doesn't cost us alot .

TBH that article doesn't mention one thing about Ribery coming here that hasnt been reported yet. Rafa has come out before saying we dont need to spend big and then Johnson came for 17m.

Still hope for not only Franck, but every other player wearing boots and kicking a round ball around into a rectangle with a net attached to it.
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #222: Jul 11, 2009 01:16:45 pm
      I think Rafa's idea of players that suit the team are players who say "YWNA".
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #223: Jul 11, 2009 01:18:12 pm
      I think Rafa's idea of players that suit the team are players who say "YWNA".
      You'll Wever Nalk Alone?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #224: Jul 11, 2009 01:40:50 pm
      Rafa Benitez: Liverpool don't need Franck Ribery

Rafa Benitez has dismissed suggestions Franck Ribery will join Liverpool by insisting he already has the talent in place to win the title.

Speculation was rife yesterday about a shock move for the French striker, after one bookmaker slashed the odds on Ribery leaving Bayern Munich for Merseyside.

But Reds boss Benitez rubbished the rumour and said: "I don't think we will be signing anyone else for big, big money - just maybe the ones who can fit into our team.

"I will be really pleased if we can keep this squad together because I don't think we need to do too many things to get us in position.

"Now we are just thinking of improving the fitness of the players,  . We have the quality and will have chances again."

, but only if he can snatch the Spanish winger for around £15m.

But the manager's main ambition is to keep his midfield together and has spent most of the summer fending off Real Madrid and Barcelona's attempts to snatch Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano.

Benitez has given up hope of keeping full-back Alvaro Arbeloa, who will join Madrid next week for a fee of around £6m.

"We offered him an extension before, but if you have an idea and the agent has another one, you have to find solutions," he said.

Reading between the lines on that statement and what I have highlighted in bold  1st one," just maybe the ones who can fit into our team" says to me Rafa is looking for some 1 to improve our starting XI as the second statement I've bolded he says "I will be really pleased if we can keep this squad together" thus he's talking about the squad as a whole not the team i.e starting XI , 3rd I have bolded "not thinking of the transfer market", is that because his potential transfer target is still on holiday after the confederations cup  ?, thus he has no need to think about it until he returns ?,  4 I have bolded, "Benitez wants Valencia winger David Silva to bolster his squad" I know Rafa has not said this but he is the player that we have been continually linked to on our left side the one area every one agrees we need improving, I think there may be something in the David Silva rumour the longer things are quiet about potential transfers coming in, the more legs the David Silva one has as he is on holiday is Rafa awaiting his return ?
      andy5star
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #225: Jul 11, 2009 01:58:14 pm
      i've heard Ribery is a done deal, Masher is going and Xabi will stay.
      and we WILL have the money...but that's another story.
      It's might just be transfer politics, who knows?

In my opinion Ribery is the only player that the sh*te can get to try and fill the void left by that dickhead going. If Ribery comes to us I think we'd have to favorites to go better next year and win the title.

The though of it is keeping me really optimistic.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #226: Jul 11, 2009 02:01:00 pm
      i've heard Ribery is a done deal, Masher is going and Xabi will stay.
      and we WILL have the money...but that's another story.

Who've you heard this off then?
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #227: Jul 11, 2009 02:02:35 pm
      the odds of Ribery joining us have lengthened to 11/4 whilst he is now 10/11 to stay at Bayern. Would much prefer
      to get Ribery than Silva as I would have less doubts about Ribery adapting to the Premier League.
      andy5star
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #228: Jul 11, 2009 02:44:38 pm
      To Reslivo,

It was from a famous reliable source.
      And it wasn't a friend of a friend or my Dad.

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #229: Jul 11, 2009 02:48:52 pm
      Forgive me but you've failed to convince me.

Quick Reply