Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich)

Read 28651 times
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Re: Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #184: Jul 10, 2009 08:37:23 pm
      It's gone a bit quieter now around the Ribery situation, and usually Rafa likes to do things on the quiet, so maybe he's in talks right now?
      I know its probably empty optimism but oh well
      also, you know everyone's like "we can't afford him" we spend a fair few million on players (N'gog £3.5 mill? Riera £7mill? Dossena £6mill? apart from Robbie Keane last year and we lost £8million on him because we were so desperate to lose him. When we signed him, no-one thought we had any money, but we found £20 odd million. so on those four players this time last year we spent £36.5 million
      And this year pompey still owed us for crouch so I believe we only paid up to 7 mill?
      so we should still see £30 odd million pounds worth of transfers if we are running similarly to last year, which we are, but just a little bit better as we've "sorted" our debts for now, so who knows eh?
      we didn`t lose 8 mill on Keane,we lost 1.8 mill which was about his wages for as long as he was with us.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #185: Jul 10, 2009 08:39:36 pm
      IMO any hopes of signing RIBERY are just that "hopes", there is nothing concrete linking him with us or vice versa, all the pandemonium in essence has been caused by a few punters sticking bets on resulting in the book makers slashing their odds to reduce losses if it came about, nothing more nothing less simples............
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #186: Jul 10, 2009 08:41:41 pm
      No, thats in a seperate budget.
      We have a certain amount for transfers - this is called a TRANSFER BUDGET
      and a certain amount for wages per week - this is called a WAGE BUDGET
      and I'm on about transfers with this, not wages!
      Cos spurs paid £12 mill to have him back, now do you know what £20mill minus £12 mill is dafurf?
      o look its £8 million!
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #187: Jul 10, 2009 08:41:50 pm
      IMO any hopes of signing RIBERY are just that "hopes", there is nothing concrete linking him with us or vice versa, all the pandemonium in essence has been caused by a few punters sticking bets on resulting in the book makers slashing their odds to reduce losses if it came about, nothing more nothing less simples............
      How much has to be bet to reduce odds from 66/1 to 13/8 or 8/13???

Somebody knows something.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #188: Jul 10, 2009 08:43:46 pm
      I am on the same line of thought as Dafurf, it can't just be coincidence, i mean you could understand if they made it 33/1 but its odds on!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #189: Jul 10, 2009 08:44:31 pm
      Not necessarily if its a betting syndicate placing multiple bets on different things the likely hood is they are allways going to come out with profit.........
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #190: Jul 10, 2009 08:44:41 pm
      How much has to be bet to reduce odds from 66/1 to 13/8 or 8/13???

Somebody knows something.
      As long as Rafa is the one that knows then I'm happy.
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #191: Jul 10, 2009 08:48:18 pm
      Not necessarily if its a betting syndicate placing multiple bets on different things the likely hood is they are allways going to come out with profit.........
      Yeah but betting on something that`s 66/1 and covering your bets on obvious transfers is pretty much impossible.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #192: Jul 10, 2009 08:50:21 pm
      Nah not really, depends on what they are placing are on dead certs
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #193: Jul 10, 2009 09:12:20 pm
      oh right paddy:)
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #194: Jul 10, 2009 09:14:25 pm
      The nearest odds odds to us are the highest spending club in the world right now(Real) 8/1 which leaves them open to a killing from rich Madridians.If 100 times more money went on Madrid today than the money that brought us down to 13/8 then the bookies would be fecked.
      The bookie market revolves around who is favourite,nothing else.Why bring LFC down to 13/8 while leaving "Outsiders" like Real at 8/1?????
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #195: Jul 10, 2009 09:15:23 pm
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #196: Jul 10, 2009 09:20:52 pm
      If you look at the odds now on Skybet the odds of him joining Real and Barca have shortened. I think someone posted earlier that that is one of
      the things that Skybet would want to happen i.e. someone came in and put big money on Ribery to Liverpool, huge liability for Skybet, odds are slashed to 8-13, money then goes on the better value bets Barca and Real. End result of the odds slash is that the liabilities are spread more evenly. Currently we are 2-1 Real 4-1 and Barca 5-1. Bayern 6-5

Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #197: Jul 10, 2009 09:43:30 pm
      I heard this on SSN earlier and I just burst out laughing- I have a tear in my eye at the moment beacuse I am just thinking about how beautiful (and I don't use that word often) it would be to have him playing for the Reds week in and week out with El Nino and Stevie.................. ..am I getting too excited?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #198: Jul 10, 2009 10:25:21 pm
      As good-a player as he is, I would be unable to see past the fact that he is French,

I live in France.

BTW ... Who was our manager before Rafa?

TW_T.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #199: Jul 10, 2009 10:31:02 pm
      I live in France.

BTW ... Who was our manager before Rafa?

TW_T.

Gérard Depardieu ?  :f_tongueincheek:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #200: Jul 10, 2009 11:22:16 pm
      Wow. Just read the thread. Can't be true surely? That would be a shocker. Rafa is a dark horse if the rumours are to be believed.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #201: Jul 10, 2009 11:25:26 pm
      Right now I'd say anything's possible.

Of course I hope we get him, but a pessimist is never disappointed.

Read in to that what you will.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #202: Jul 10, 2009 11:33:44 pm
      I really hope we don't get ribery, I personally think he wouldn't make that much difference for the money that he would cost, Bayern want at least 60million for him. Now for that kind of money we could get our dream signings....Silva and Villa!!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #203: Jul 10, 2009 11:38:09 pm
      I really hope we don't get ribery, I personally think he wouldn't make that much difference for the money that he would cost, Bayern want at least 60million for him. Now for that kind of money we could get our dream signings....Silva and Villa!!

Very true, but Valencia are now "financially stable", thus they don't need to sell any players to keep themselves out of administration.

For fear of going off-topic, I'll ask you what you think Ribery should be valued at.
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #204: Jul 10, 2009 11:42:51 pm
      Rafa said when we signed Johnson we have got money for one more player without anyone going, say that player is Silva then hope it doesn't happen, but Masch or Xabi go for say £30m, then Arby goes for say £6m, and Dossena goes for £6m ... that could free up £42m for a cheeky Ribery bid which would be a very acceptable 50m euros. Oh my word the team would be terrifying!

Reina

Johnson                 Carra             Agger        Insua/Fabio

Ribery                    Alonso/Masch    Stevie G      Silva

Dirk/Babel       Nando

Might be in dream land here, but that's what being a Red is all about!              
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2009 11:46:05 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Added caps. »
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #205: Jul 10, 2009 11:54:41 pm
      Nice thoughts mate, but Rafa won't play the 4-4-2. Our current formation is suited to the types of players we have in the squad. All we need is a left winger IMO. Our current formation works perfectly, and i for one wouldn't want to see it change.

' If it ain't broke, don't fix it'
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,847 posts | 6787 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #206: Jul 11, 2009 12:19:54 am
      Of the 12 or so people who put 500 pounds each on this to slash the odds to 8\13...I really hope one of them was Rafa.  ;D

Quick Reply