Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Formula 1

Read 577310 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #6118: Dec 06, 2021 12:09:51 pm

So Verstappen slows down as required- Hamilton goes into the back of him ( there seemed to be space to the left of Verstappen) -then Verstappen is penalised for doing what the race controller asked - all strange

I would suggest you watch again the clip below. Verstappen moved to the left and was in the middle of the track before the crash. And he didn't just lift, he deliberately and suddenly braked (which is something you don't do when someone is right behind you).

https://streamja.com/wkvbo
      « Last Edit: Dec 06, 2021 12:16:59 pm by PTU »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6119: Dec 06, 2021 12:10:48 pm
      Never seen as many pages in one weekend of F1

F1 bringing new fans to our great sport.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6120: Dec 06, 2021 12:11:54 pm
      I would suggest you watch again. Verstappen moved to the left and was in the middle of the track before the crash. And he didn't just lift, he deliberately and suddenly braked (which is something you don't do when someone is right behind you).

He's not a fan so wont understand.   ;)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #6121: Dec 06, 2021 12:15:37 pm
      I would suggest you watch again. Verstappen moved to the left and was in the middle of the track before the crash. And he didn't just lift, he deliberately and suddenly braked (which is something you don't do when someone is right behind you).

Looking at that there seems to be plenty space to the left and time for him to go past ?

https://amp.formula1.com/en/latest/article.verstappen-gives-his-view-on-controversial-hamilton-incidents-as-he-says-it.1Bq8dbaByOVeox4JyIp9Td.html

Verstappen explained his side of the story: “They told me to give the position back, and so immediately when I heard that on the radio I just pulled off to the right, showing that I was going to move over, and I braked, downshifted, and he just stayed behind me – so I was just looking in the mirror and I’m slowing down and I think there was a bit of a miscommunication and he ran into the back of me.”
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #6122: Dec 06, 2021 12:15:50 pm
      He's not a fan so wont understand.   ;)

It’s not primary school - grow up
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6123: Dec 06, 2021 12:17:13 pm
      Your falling into the click bait trap Racer, ;D   not worth debating with none F1 fans, he's here for the beer! sorry i mean baiting.

I don't know.
      A lot of forums and discords blowing up this weekend over the shitshow that was this weekend.
      In one way it's great to see so many fans engaging with the sport, but not like this.

That was a clusterfuck of a weekend only compounded by what happened in F2.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6124: Dec 06, 2021 12:22:33 pm
      I don't know.
      A lot of forums and discords blowing up this weekend over the shitshow that was this weekend.
      In one way it's great to see so many fans engaging with the sport, but not like this.

That was a clusterfuck of a weekend only compounded by what happened in F2.

I didn’t  watch the F2 as the best team in the world was playing mate.  ;D However, from what I read it sounded bad. I’m in a catch 22 situation in relation to the track? I loved the excitement on one hand but on the other I feared a life threatening incident. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t one ot two changes next year.  What’s your thought. ?
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #6125: Dec 06, 2021 12:24:24 pm
      Looking at that there seems to be plenty space to the left and time for him to go past ?

https://amp.formula1.com/en/latest/article.verstappen-gives-his-view-on-controversial-hamilton-incidents-as-he-says-it.1Bq8dbaByOVeox4JyIp9Td.html

Verstappen explained his side of the story: “They told me to give the position back, and so immediately when I heard that on the radio I just pulled off to the right, showing that I was going to move over, and I braked, downshifted, and he just stayed behind me – so I was just looking in the mirror and I’m slowing down and I think there was a bit of a miscommunication and he ran into the back of me.”

But that's the thing, he wasn't to the right. He was exactly in the middle of the track when they collided. A driver letting someone else pass would be much closer to the wall, to avoid any unnecessary risk and to make their intention obvious. Yes, there was just enough space, but don't forget they are driving at 200m/h, and the way Max drove was erratic.
      I don't see how you can blame Hamilton for not trusting Verstappen here. Don't forget he wasn't aware Max was asked to let him pass. Imagine how confusing it must have looked from his point of view.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #6126: Dec 06, 2021 12:25:31 pm
      But that's the thing, he wasn't to the right. He was exactly in the middle of the track when they collided. A driver letting someone else pass would be much closer to the wall, to avoid any unnecessary risk and to make their intention obvious. Yes, there was just enough space, but don't forget they are driving at 200m/h, and the way Max drove was erratic.
      I don't see how you can blame Hamilton for not trusting Verstappen here. Don't forget he wasn't aware Max was asked to let him pass. Imagine how confusing it must have looked from his point of view.

Wasn’t attaching blame to anyone really - seems it’s more about a lack of communication from the officials yet the driver was punished
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6127: Dec 06, 2021 12:27:39 pm
      I didn’t  watch the F2 as the best team in the world was playing mate.  ;D However, from what I read it sounded bad. I’m in a catch 22 situation in relation to the track? I loved the excitement on one hand but on the other I feared a life threatening incident. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t one ot two changes next year.  What’s your thought. ?

It needs changes, or they need to hold the race somewhere else.
      Far too many near misses all weekend.
      I know it's only a temporary circuit but that wont be much comfort if something worse happens next season.

Top 3 all played on Saturday mate...
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #6128: Dec 06, 2021 12:31:31 pm
      Wasn’t attaching blame to anyone really - seems it’s more about a lack of communication from the officials yet the driver was punished

There definitely was a lack of communication. But what Max did was dangerous. At the level he's at, he very well knew what he was doing here.

In itself, this incident could have been forgiven, but Max drove way over the line all race long, which is why there's so much outrage.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6129: Dec 06, 2021 12:32:39 pm
      I know it's only a temporary circuit but that wont be much comfort if something worse happens next season.

Off topic.... top 3 may of played Saturday but the greatest club played Sunday.  ;D

On topic...
      I think your right, I too think possible changes next year. If not we’re all in for another bumpy ride.  :f_doh:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #6130: Dec 06, 2021 12:35:31 pm
      Off topic.... top 3 may of played Saturday but the greatest club played Sunday.  ;D

On topic...
      I think your right, I too think possible changes next year. If not we’re all in for another bumpy ride.  :f_doh:

Can't see how they could leave it as it is. Far too many drivers complained. And all the crashes + not finishing the F2 race cannot have been good PR.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6131: Dec 06, 2021 12:36:24 pm

So Verstappen slows down as required- Hamilton goes into the back of him ( there seemed to be space to the left of Verstappen) -then Verstappen is penalised for doing what the race controller asked - all strange

come back when you understand the rules and the details from the incident. Just because you dont like the British Driver shouldnt cloud your judgement in understanding the facts that are examined in fine detail by the Stewards who then decide Max was a naughty boy and a penalty was given Hamilton was not penalised yesterday
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #6132: Dec 06, 2021 02:12:08 pm

I think they will leave it as is until it moves to Riyadh, in my opinion teams had no data to work from so where blind to what the circuit would throw up, next season you’ll probably see a more measured & cautious approach to the first 3/4 corners...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #6133: Dec 06, 2021 02:20:10 pm

They won’t change it because of the money being given - got to keep up the sport washing to ignore the human rights

I’m hoping one sport will saying no but I can’t see ir
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #6134: Dec 06, 2021 03:42:37 pm

They won’t change it because of the money being given - got to keep up the sport washing to ignore the human rights

I’m hoping one sport will saying no but I can’t see ir

Why should sport step in when our own government is selling arms in the billions...?  & not only that, check the figure of how much money the Gulf States, China & Russia have invested in the UK to keep jobs safe & you might change your tune..

Protest your government.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #6135: Dec 06, 2021 04:35:57 pm
      Why should sport step in when our own government is selling arms in the billions...?  & not only that, check the figure of how much money the Gulf States, China & Russia have invested in the UK to keep jobs safe & you might change your tune..

Protest your government.

Standard Shabs whataboutary - whatever allows you to justify it
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #6136: Dec 06, 2021 04:50:25 pm
      Standard Shabs whataboutary - whatever allows you to justify it

I don’t think you like to be called out on your double standards...

Keep using the ‘whataboutery’ card..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #6137: Dec 06, 2021 04:55:30 pm
      I don’t think you like to be called out on your double standards...

Keep using the ‘whataboutery’ card..

It’s a thread about F1 - not about what the government is doing , if you want to talk about what the government is doing then post in the relevant thread for it

F1 should be avoiding countries who have state sponsered murdered over free speech and F1 shouldn’t take millions to ignore that
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #6138: Dec 06, 2021 05:32:57 pm
      Been as I gave up on formula one a good while ago , can one of you explain to me how max gets penalised for ignoring that yellow , and Lewis only gets a warning, seems to be getting away with a fair bit ,
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2100 
      Reply #6139: Dec 06, 2021 09:15:04 pm

It's absolutely astonishing that you think a driver pissing about in the middle of track, twitching left and twitching right and then breaking deep is somehow not the instigator of this event.

Drivers like Senna and Schumacher were guilty of past misdemeanours but they were high profile moments brought about by a rush of blood to the head or instinct. But I don't think either driver drove a race as consistently devious and unsportsman as Verstappen did yesterday.

And he did so, encouraged by an appallingly directed race by Michael Masi who quite frankly deserves the sack for that shower of sh*t he oversaw yesterday.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6140: Dec 06, 2021 09:20:21 pm
      Been as I gave up on formula one a good while ago , can one of you explain to me how max gets penalised for ignoring that yellow , and Lewis only gets a warning, seems to be getting away with a fair bit ,

Lewis only got a warning because it was a human error and there shouldn’t of been a yellow flag apparently,  Verstappens wasn’t.

However, I fully understand why you question it and quite righty. According to the rule book no two incidents are the same but with how the stewards have perform this weekend I think they sometimes make them up as they go along due to grey areas.

That’s the best I can come up with Andy.  ;D

Quick Reply