Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

European Cup Quarter Final: Liverpool v PSV Eindhoven

Read 29645 times
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      European Cup Quarter Final: Liverpool v PSV Eindhoven
      Mar 20, 2007 12:53:02 pm
      PSV have been hit by news veteran defender Michael Reiziger will miss the rest of the season with a stomach injury. 
      The 33-year-old, who featured against Liverpool earlier in the season, is definitely out of the Champions League double-header in April.

It's the latest injury blow for Ronald Koeman's side, who are also likely to be without influential defender Alex for the quarter-final ties against the Reds.

Meanwhile, PSV remain five points clear in the Dutch Eredivisie despite an embarrassing 5-1 defeat at home to Ajax at the weekend. 

Let's hope we don't get hit by the injury jinx for the last part of the season.
      Maybe it's time we had that bit of luck and all stay injury free (Kewell exempt).
      Only a couple of weeks off now till the first leg (3rd April away,  11th April home) and maybe we can start to dream about number 6 ;)
      But we must remember, we must take each game as it comes and hope the lads can find the back of the net again.
      « Last Edit: Mar 22, 2007 11:40:05 pm by Jabba »
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Re: PSV V's Liverpool
      Reply #1: Mar 20, 2007 03:20:40 pm
      I'm not afraid from PSV but I think is team with a psychotic way of play. Boring  so get you a good time to sleep.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Mar 20, 2007 05:55:27 pm
      Got my ticket for the home leg - yippee !!!!!!!!!!!    ;D ;D ;D  Cant wait  ;)
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #3: Mar 20, 2007 06:59:49 pm
      Im in the KOP, block 104. I cant wait, no work that day so things are going to get messy ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4: Mar 21, 2007 01:02:56 pm
      F***ing lucky cow :(

I best get to the Wigan game now!!!!
      OMFG, I just had a panic attack thinking this game was next Wednesday because I'd miss it! Cheerleading are club of the month so we have a huge night out!! PHEW! ;D
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #5: Mar 21, 2007 11:01:49 pm

Well done Smigs.  Where you sitting - just so we can let people know to cover their children's ears if they are within a 50 metre range.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: European Cup Quarter Final: Liverpool v PSV Eindhoven
      Reply #6: Mar 23, 2007 08:45:20 am
      Well done Smigs.  Where you sitting - just so we can let people know to cover their children's ears if they are within a 50 metre range.

I'm in the Lower Centenary, no doubt I'll hear some sort of abuse being screamed out by a certain Female Moderator (again)
      AJ-HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #7: Mar 23, 2007 11:36:47 am
      U lucky devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #8: Mar 23, 2007 07:28:48 pm

Main Stand Row 7 !!   ;) ;D  You'll hear me no matter where you sit !!! 
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #9: Mar 24, 2007 10:57:00 am
      Got my ticket too, Front row seetee, 7 feet from the tele!  :-\
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #10: Mar 26, 2007 05:42:00 pm
      GISSA TICKET GO ON GISSA TICKET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #11: Apr 01, 2007 10:41:58 am
      Here we go then.   Back to the midweekers and such an important clash.  A draw wouldn't be a bad result, but as was proved in Barca - the away goals are so important.

On our current form I really fancy us to pick up a victory at the Phillips Stadium.

Can't rest Crouch though!  2-1 Liverpool.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #12: Apr 01, 2007 11:19:01 am
      Would like to see the same line up as saturday with Gonzo to the bench Riise LB Aurelio LM

2-0 liverpool Crouch and Alonso
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #13: Apr 01, 2007 12:37:32 pm
      Should score away at PSV, a score draw at the worst and then a comfortable enough home win. :)
      If we can't get past this lot then we don't deserve to go any further. :P We'll go through by at least a couple of clear goals over the two legs. :action-smiley-065:
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #14: Apr 01, 2007 12:53:05 pm
      Would like to see the same line up as Saturday with Gonzo to the bench Riise LB Aurelio LM

2-0 liverpool Crouch and Alonso

Nope, i would have the exact same team that beat Arsenal. Don't fix whats not broken. We proved yesterday with an attacking team that our best form of defense is attack. We conceded 1 goal but scored 4 and thats better than beating them 1 - 0

I do like Riise but as a player he is only 1 footed, not versatile enough around the field and very frustrating to watch him blast over because he is not an adventurous player, he does not have many ideas to play the ball like Aurelio does.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #15: Apr 01, 2007 03:23:40 pm
      Nope, I would have the exact same team that beat Arsenal. Don't fix whats not broken. We proved yesterday with an attacking team that our best form of defense is attack. We conceded 1 goal but scored 4 and thats better than beating them 1 - 0

I do like Riise but as a player he is only 1 footed, not versatile enough around the field and very frustrating to watch him blast over because he is not an adventurous player, he does not have many ideas to play the ball like Aurelio does.

Everyones entitled to there opinion.

In my opinion, I thought Rafa rested some players when I saw the team sheet on Saturday.
      Yes it worked very well, but expect to find a very different line up at PSV.
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #16: Apr 01, 2007 03:35:51 pm
      Nope, I would have the exact same team that beat Arsenal. Don't fix whats not broken. We proved yesterday with an attacking team that our best form of defense is attack. We conceded 1 goal but scored 4 and thats better than beating them 1 - 0

Would it be such a bad thing to leave Stevie on the bench and only bring him on if he's needed?  He looked pretty knackered yesterday due to the England games and Alonso and Mascherano played very well together against Arsenal.  I'd stick Bellamy or Kuyt up front alongside Crouch and other than that, keep the same team as yesterday.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #17: Apr 01, 2007 03:45:11 pm
      Everyones entitled to there opinion.

In my opinion, I thought Rafa rested some players when I saw the team sheet on Saturday.
      Yes it worked very well, but expect to find a very different line up at PSV.

inreality Rafa is more likely to revert to a more familiar formation :(

Reina

Arebeloa        Carra           Aggar        Aurelio

Gerrard      Mascherano      Alonso         Riise

Kuyt   Bellamy
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #18: Apr 01, 2007 03:50:31 pm
      Was Bellamy injured or suspended yesterday?  I was surprised to notice he wasn't even on the bench.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #19: Apr 01, 2007 04:13:48 pm
      Was Bellamy injured or suspended yesterday?  I was surprised to notice he wasn't even on the bench.

Neither as far as I am aware
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #20: Apr 01, 2007 04:20:19 pm

He picked up a knock, think it was on his ankle, playing for Wales. It didn't seem too bad though, was probably just precautionary leaving him out.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2007 04:21:00 pm by EddieC »
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #21: Apr 01, 2007 04:53:20 pm
      He picked up a knock, think it was on his ankle, playing for Wales. It didn't seem too bad though, was probably just precautionary leaving him out.

Ah right.  I think I do remember hearing something about that now.

In that case I reckon we should probably stick Bellamy up front with Crouch on Tuesday as he will unsettle them on the break and hopefully nick us an away goal.

I get the feeling Rafa is more likely to go with Bellamy and Kuyt though.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #22: Apr 02, 2007 11:22:26 pm
      It must be Bellamy and Crouch to start for me, Crouch is on fire and oozing confidence, PSV's mainstay in defence is injured. Bellamy's pace will kill them if they venture any where near the halfway line. They will need to attack us and will get exposed on the break. With Stevie's long range passing and surging runs, with Mascherano holding, Brilliant!  I see a 0 - 2  away win. Can't wait now, armchair awaits, if I had a ticket I'd be crapping myself by now. Won't be able to work properly tomorrow, nerves have kicked in already.

Quick Reply