Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Will we win the league this season

Read 50804 times
      Tombo
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts | -2 
      Re: Will we win the league this season
      Reply #483: Dec 19, 2009 12:34:08 pm
      IF we stay injury free untill the end of season then theres no reason we cant win it, I think chealski are the team to beat and they will loose their main players in january to african nations.( Im hopeing that the dog and essian get attacked by a lion on their travels)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #484: Dec 20, 2009 03:53:14 am
      Course we will, we will walk it!!!!!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #485: Dec 20, 2009 08:25:56 am
      Losing the faith with every passing game.

I just keep looking at my 2005 Champions League framed photo and saying where's the F***ing fighting spirit gone we had that night?
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #486: Dec 20, 2009 10:51:47 am
      No we will not win it,we had our best chance last year & threw it away to the mancs
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #487: Dec 20, 2009 02:57:37 pm
      The lyrics say "walk on with hope in your heart" not despair. This is the club we support. The top teams start losing and we start to win, we will get back near or around the top.
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #488: Dec 20, 2009 05:08:29 pm
      Lock this thread ffs
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #489: Dec 20, 2009 05:11:24 pm
      Why?  I don't give up hope until It's mathematically impossible.
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #490: Dec 20, 2009 05:20:39 pm
      Why?  I don't give up hope until It's mathematically impossible.

What fu**in planet are you on?? Do you seriously think that we will still win the league?? You think Utd n Chelsea are gonna drop as much ponts as we have?? Do you think we're gonna win every game from now till the end of the season?? we still have to play utd n arsenal away and if we cant beat the likes of aston villa and pompey and you still think we're gonna win the league then you're off your head
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #491: Dec 20, 2009 05:22:40 pm
      I think it's called supporting your club to the end and not bailing out once a bunch of results aren't going our way.
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #492: Dec 20, 2009 05:24:30 pm
      Supporting what?? Some sh*t bas**rds that are getting paid more than nurses and fire fighters who arent F***ing working there socks off? This club is fu**ed! i said earlier this year we woudl finish 5th and people slated me but guess what im right again. No im wrong we'll do worse
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #493: Dec 20, 2009 05:26:24 pm
      What fu**in planet are you on?? Do you seriously think that we will still win the league?? You think Utd n Chelsea are gonna drop as much ponts as we have?? Do you think we're gonna win every game from now till the end of the season?? we still have to play utd n arsenal away and if we cant beat the likes of aston villa and pompey and you still think we're gonna win the league then you're off your head
      I'm on planet Earth, and feet are firmly on the ground, so what planet are you from?
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #494: Dec 20, 2009 05:27:10 pm
      Supporting what?? Some sh*t bas**rds that are getting paid more than nurses and fire fighters who arent f**king working there socks off? This club is fu**ed! I said earlier this year we woudl finish 5th and people slated me but guess what im right again. No im wrong we'll do worse

Well don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out to Bluekipper.
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #495: Dec 20, 2009 05:30:17 pm
      the problem with us (no actually you stubborn liverpool fans) is that you're not realists, i am. We are not going to win the league loooooooool. How the F**k can you still think we will win the league. have you seen our form recently. four wins from 17 games is it? is that title winners form? Wolves have got better form than us lmao
      im just stating the truth and my opinion i hope you understand, im upset as much as you are of our poor poor season
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #496: Dec 20, 2009 05:31:14 pm
      Supporting what?? Some sh*t bas**rds that are getting paid more than nurses and fire fighters who arent f**king working there socks off? This club is fu**ed! I said earlier this year we woudl finish 5th and people slated me but guess what im right again. No im wrong we'll do worse

Nobody is forcing you to stay you know.

Winning the League would be asking for a massive never seen circumstances..But it is mathematically still possible, and until this is the case, I'll have hope..
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #497: Dec 20, 2009 05:32:22 pm
      Who said anything about being stubborn?

I'm well aware of the fact that on our current form it'll be a struggle to even make the top 4 but that doesn't mean i'm going to throw the F***ing towel in like you clearly have.

It's not just us that's losing (i refer you to the result at Craven Cottage yesterday) and until it's mathematically impossible i will not stop believing that we can win the league and even then i'll do it reluctantly.
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #498: Dec 20, 2009 05:32:47 pm
      Nobody is forcing you to stay you know.

Winning the League would be asking for a massive never seen circumstances..But it is mathematically still possible, and until this is the case, I'll have hope..

false hope then
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #499: Dec 20, 2009 05:34:55 pm
      Of course we wont, we need to start putting in some decent performances or we won't finish forth either.
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #500: Dec 20, 2009 05:36:41 pm
      Of course we wont, we need to start putting in some decent performances or we won't finish forth either.

Wow at least someone agrees
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #501: Dec 20, 2009 05:39:11 pm
      the problem with us (no actually you stubborn liverpool fans) is that you're not realists, i am. We are not going to win the league loooooooool. How the F**k can you still think we will win the league. have you seen our form recently. four wins from 17 games is it? is that title winners form? Wolves have got better form than us lmao
      im just stating the truth and my opinion i hope you understand, im upset as much as you are of our poor poor season

I'm not disagreeing with you, but have you thought the smug "I was right" is the way to go about things, lets face it the FA Cup is still to be won and we're in the Europa Cup, so if the players could show a bit of fight, who knows.

Worst thing about this season, no-one has been that out-of-this world good, Chelsea have lost four games, United have lost five and neither team has really impressed me.

Oh and we should always have hope as in the song, or have you conventiently forgot that as well?
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #502: Dec 20, 2009 05:39:31 pm
      Wow, hang out the bunting.

It's party time.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #503: Dec 20, 2009 06:28:38 pm
      This club is fu**ed! i said earlier this year we woudl finish 5th and people slated me but guess what im right again. No im wrong we'll do worse

I was never under the impression final league positions were handed out in December so to come out and say I'm 'Right" is jumping the gun a little, wee fella however far away title hopes look a top4 finish is still very much achievable and that is what we have to aim for and exactly what I expect us to achieve.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #504: Dec 29, 2009 01:46:06 pm
      A run of 5 or 6 wins would see us close the gap considerably when you look at the form of all the top sides this season.
      Not saying that we should be thinking about anything that far fetched at the moment but strange things happen all the time in football.
      Let's just quietly pick up the points and get them all talking about us again, put a bit of pressure on chelsea and man u.
      I don't think thats out of the question atall
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #505: Dec 29, 2009 02:57:39 pm
      I have just seen 2 Magpies whilst reading this thread............It could be a sign!

Follwed by this.....

Bugger!
      « Last Edit: Dec 29, 2009 03:06:05 pm by LFC9 »

Quick Reply