Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Will we win the league this season

Read 50800 times
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Re: Will we win the league this season
      Reply #506: Dec 29, 2009 03:02:33 pm
      Let's be real, we are not going to win it this season. Let's just focus on fourth, if someone offered me that now I'd snap their hands off.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #507: Dec 29, 2009 03:26:43 pm
      Let's be real, we are not going to win it this season. Let's just focus on fourth, if someone offered me that now I'd snap their hands off.

Always in life no matter what you must aim to achieve greatness and always think of being the best at what you do,never give in you would be suprised at what is achievable.Only the strong survive we are not far from the top just that extra push,beleif and fight could mark the return of a istanbul moment.
      Y.N.W.A --Remember
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #508: Dec 29, 2009 03:33:19 pm
      Check out our current odds.

worth a punt that one soon as we are only 12 behind the top with a strange season in full swing and everybody losing

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #509: Dec 29, 2009 03:44:10 pm
      A run of 5 or 6 wins would see us close the gap considerably when you look at the form of all the top sides this season.
      Not saying that we should be thinking about anything that far fetched at the moment but strange things happen all the time in football.
      Let's just quietly pick up the points and get them all talking about us again, put a bit of pressure on chelsea and man u.
      I don't think thats out of the question atall

Well said that man. No team is setting the league alight this season, and if someone had said we'd only be twelve points behind at the start of the New Year, whilst taking into consideration our sh*t start, then i'd have bitten their arms off! Let's play the quiet game, nobody is talking about us, there is no expectation, this is when we are at our most dangerous. Believe, 'cos whether people want to believe or not, it is still not an impossibility, and that remains a fact.
      sentinel
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #510: Dec 29, 2009 05:05:04 pm
      Supporting what?? Some sh*t bas**rds that are getting paid more than nurses and fire fighters who arent f**king working there socks off? This club is fu**ed! I said earlier this year we woudl finish 5th and people slated me but guess what im right again. No im wrong we'll do worse

Totaly agree wit you...
      There are many delusion & denial fans out there thinking we can stil win the league!
      And many are happy to be at top 4 place every season!
      Wat happened to the real fans when i remember in the 80's only the title can satisfy us?
      Are we so content with only a top 4 finish every season?
      Look at how manu, chelsea & arsenal then, if they dont start asking the title & be content with top 4, would they hv won title?
      And now villa, spurs & manc is asking for the title as well & that is how a club wil soon win the title!
      & to be realistic, we wont win the title tis season as well & nothing will change as "we" will stil be backing the mgr even wit a top 6 finish.
      And wil Rafa stil b the mgr if he is to manage the other top 3 club wit the 6 yrs result here? i realy dont think so as the fans demand more then a top 4, they want then title!
      Till the fans REALLY start to demand the title we will always be a runner-up & in the shadow of our past success! 
      And soon premiership history will be written by the other clubs! and it will be soon, & this we cant deny it!
      So when are we gona tell ourselve "ENOUGH is ENOUGH"
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #511: Dec 29, 2009 05:29:59 pm
      "Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor."

Shanks gave us that quote. And that's how we should approach everything, especially this season infront of us. If we aim for the top, we will easily reach top 4. But if we are only aiming to make the top 4, then it could be alot harder than if we had set our goals higher.
      sentinel
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #512: Dec 29, 2009 05:44:05 pm
      "Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor."

Shanks gave us that quote. And that's how we should approach everything, especially this season infront of us. If we aim for the top, we will easily reach top 4. But if we are only aiming to make the top 4, then it could be alot harder than if we had set our goals higher.

Yes agree with you but aiming for the title is one thing and wanting the title is another...
      Every season we "aim" the top & soon change our aim in the midst of the season & nothing changes at the end of the season.
      This cycle has been goin on like "Forever" & till we really DEMAND for the title i dont see the cycle changes.
      And soon we will be the "forgoten lots" or the "used to be" club.
      Hate to see the history rewriting.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #513: Dec 29, 2009 06:13:56 pm

Yes agree with you but aiming for the title is one thing and wanting the title is another...
      Every season we "aim" the top & soon change our aim in the midst of the season & nothing changes at the end of the season.
      This cycle has been goin on like "Forever" & till we really DEMAND for the title i dont see the cycle changes.
      And soon we will be the "forgoten lots" or the "used to be" club.
      Hate to see the history rewriting.

Arf!!

Where were you during the 90s when Sky Tv was virtually re-writing history in favour of the mancs.

As for this being going on like "forever" - try using English properly, it's been going on and off for the past 20 years.

It isn't just one factor (Rafa), it is several, lack of funds, the club being too slow to modernise in the 90s the way the mancs did, players over the last 20 years who looked like they didn't give a F**k and many more!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #514: Dec 29, 2009 06:15:54 pm
      Well... No one appears to be doing so well right now, you never know if we get a good run and others hit a sticky patch we may end up a lot closer than expected
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #515: Dec 29, 2009 07:22:09 pm
      Until it is mathematically impossible, then yes, we can win the league this season.

YNWA
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #516: Dec 29, 2009 11:59:27 pm
      lets get to 4th place.. thats our target and then change our target to 3rd, if we reach there, then 2nd... and if we are there then F***ing beleive redmen
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #517: Dec 30, 2009 12:57:32 am
      All i want from our redmen now is a good solid run of games in all the competitions we're still in, and for someone at some point towards the end of the season to say, "eh, liverpool are only 4/5 points behind now you know!" :)
      Come on lads.. believe :D
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #518: Dec 30, 2009 01:49:03 am
      I honestly think that win against Villa will change our season. I can see us going on from here, on a massive unbeaten run, and stoming up the league.

That goal from Torres, so late, and after the team fighting for it, should really make the confidence shoot up, and the defence to, having secured 2 consecutive clean sheets.

I think we could be in for a surprise at the end of the season. Not saying we're defo going to win it, but don't rule it out.

Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #519: Dec 30, 2009 02:19:25 am
      Totaly agree wit you...
      There are many delusion & denial fans out there thinking we can stil win the league!
      Wat happened to the real fans when i remember in the 80's only the title can satisfy us?
      Look at how manu, chelsea & arsenal then, if they dont start asking the title & be content with top 4, would they hv won title?
      And now villa, spurs & manc is asking for the title as well & that is how a club wil soon win the title!
      & to be realistic, we wont win the title tis season as well & nothing will change as "we" will stil be backing the mgr even wit a top 6 finish.
      And wil Rafa stil b the mgr if he is to manage the other top 3 club wit the 6 yrs result here? i realy dont think so as the fans demand more then a top 4, they want then title!
      Till the fans REALLY start to demand the title we will always be a runner-up & in the shadow of our past success!  
      And soon premiership history will be written by the other clubs! and it will be soon, & this we cant deny it!

Nobody is happy to stay at Top 4 every season in Liverpool. Nobody. It's you who's delusional.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #520: Dec 30, 2009 02:29:11 am
      Totaly agree wit you...
      Wat happened to the real fans when I remember in the 80's only the title can satisfy us?
      And wil Rafa stil b the mgr if he is to manage the other top 3 club wit the 6 yrs result here? I realy dont think so as the fans demand more then a top 4, they want then title!

Firstly, no one here is satisfied with just a top 4 finish every year. The only reason why some are aiming for the top four is because of our woeful 1st half of the season.

Also, when were the likes of Villa, Spurs & Man City battling for the title FFS? Have a word with yourself and come back when you've realised how lucky you are to support this great club.

And finally, use the F***ing spell checker!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #521: Dec 30, 2009 07:33:55 am
      Chelsea have 45 points from 20 games, an average of 2.25 points per game, if they continue like that they'll finish on 85 or 86 points.

We have 33 points, with a possible 54 left, meaning we could finish on 87 points if we win all our remaining games.

It's in the bag. ;)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #522: Dec 30, 2009 08:02:29 am
      Arf!!

Where were you during the 90s when Sky Tv was virtually re-writing history in favour of the mancs.

As for this being going on like "forever" - try using English properly, it's been going on and off for the past 20 years.

It isn't just one factor (Rafa), it is several, lack of funds, the club being too slow to modernise in the 90s the way the mancs did, players over the last 20 years who looked like they didn't give a f**k and many more!
      Very well put HUYTON RED,I agree with you 100%,good man.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #523: Dec 30, 2009 08:27:19 pm
      So all we need to do is win every remaining game to achieve 87 points thereby bettering last years points and winning the league... Giggidy
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #524: Mar 29, 2010 06:32:36 am
      As of today, it is impossible for us to win the league.

Pardon me while i go jump off a cliff...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #525: Mar 29, 2010 08:54:52 am
      Next year crouchy. No injuries and some quality investment in the summer...... hmmmm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #526: Mar 29, 2010 09:44:24 am
      We possibly could have if we'd had luck with injuries, refereeing decisions and Lucas spent the majority of the season twiddling his thumbs on the bench. ;D
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #527: Mar 29, 2010 10:10:23 am
      We possibly could have if we'd had luck with injuries, refereeing decisions and Lucas spent the majority of the season twiddling his thumbs on the bench. ;D

^x2
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #528: Mar 29, 2010 10:15:18 am
      Topic Locked.

Quick Reply