Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide

Read 314736 times
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Re: Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide
      Reply #391: Oct 03, 2011 01:54:49 pm
      Just thought i'd let you guys know this because it pisses me off.

Obviously being a Liverpool fan I know about the Rag boycott – and its only shops like WH Smiths that will actually sell The S*n in the city. 

A few years back I worked at The Liver Building – I’d say its as much Liverpool as The Empire State Building is to New York.

There’s a shop in there – an independent one too – which sells The Rag.

Still annoys me thinking about it.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,279 posts | 802 
      Reply #392: Oct 05, 2011 08:05:04 am
      Bumped into some tool this morning on my way to work and in doing so I knocked his paper out of his hand and into a puddle, was apologetic and about to dip my hand into my pocket to get him another one until i seen it was the shitrag. Just shrugged my shoulders and walked on then.

F**k I done some laughing after that.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #393: Oct 05, 2011 08:38:36 am
      Trying to find me Daily Mirror yesterday,I had to move a copy of the sh*t rag.Ugh.Forgiveness needed.(would 5 hail Mary's do?) :holyshit: :f_sorry:
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,279 posts | 802 
      Reply #394: Oct 05, 2011 08:43:24 am
      Trying to find me Daily Mirror yesterday,I had to move a copy of the sh*t rag.Ugh.Forgiveness needed.(would 5 hail Mary's do?) :holyshit: :f_sorry:

Nope, chop your hand off mate. I had to chop my arm off after touching that cu*ts rag this morning  :f_tongueincheek:
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #395: Oct 05, 2011 08:45:12 am
      Joking aside, I wouldn't move it to get to a fifty pound note.
      beenhammer
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #396: Oct 05, 2011 06:49:24 pm
      Hi Liverpool fans, I am a 61 year old West Ham supporter, {so I have many grey hairs }you must like us we haven't played at Anfield since about 1964. Fairly easy 6 points a season.
      I was in the print till the evil witch and her gangster pal Murdoch destroyed our unions and I had to became a bus driver. I still tear up every copy of the S*n that I can lay my hands on in the driver's canteen. The Hillsborough lies are typical of what our country has become, the spivs and gangsters  have us and we need to get them out of our lives.
      Not all us Londoners are Tories.
      Phil
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #397: Oct 05, 2011 06:52:22 pm
      Hi Liverpool fans, I am a 61 year old West Ham supporter, {so I have many grey hairs }you must like us we haven't played at Anfield since about 1964. Fairly easy 6 points a season.
      I was in the print till the evil witch and her gangster pal Murdoch destroyed our unions and I had to became a bus driver. I still tear up every copy of the S*n that I can lay my hands on in the driver's canteen. The Hillsborough lies are typical of what our country has become, the spivs and gangsters  have us and we need to get them out of our lives.
      Not all us Londoners are Tories.
      Phil

Well said phil.

We know the struggle we face to finally bring justice for the 96 fellow reds and also bring those behind the smear and lies to justice too.

Welcome to the forum,its a great place if the banter is genuine and you never know you mind just end up coming out the closet as a liverpool fan ;)

« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2011 06:57:25 pm by Shabs »
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #398: Oct 05, 2011 06:54:01 pm
      Cheers Phil. Well said, and keep ripping that shitrag up!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #399: Oct 05, 2011 09:53:29 pm
      Nice one Phil.

Respect to you mate xx
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #400: Oct 06, 2011 01:10:53 pm
      Joking aside, I wouldn't move it to get to a fifty pound note.
      HaHa wish I was a tenner behind you Gow.;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #401: Oct 17, 2011 10:14:36 pm
      Have followed the debate all evening from the House Of Commons.

Is News International NOW going to apologise as fast as they did when their phone hacking escapades came out?

?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #402: Oct 17, 2011 10:17:47 pm
      It's time for the 'WE LIED' headline.

The bas**rds were quick to buy the Dowler's silence. Didn't save the NOTW.

Time to see that shitrag cease publication too. It won't be missed.
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #403: Oct 21, 2011 09:37:51 pm
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065: i guys know about the boycott.....does this include the irish sun ??
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #404: Oct 22, 2011 05:40:00 am
      Yes it does sniper.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #405: Oct 22, 2011 09:22:15 am
      There's a weekly game I play in work (work in a large open plan office over two floors)

Its called lets stick "Dont buy the s*n" stickers  everywhere!!!

Some get removed but I just keep replacing them, find it unbelievable how many so called reds are oblivious to this boycott.

Sometimes you just cant educate pork :mad:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #406: Nov 07, 2011 11:38:34 am
      Have to create a Powerpoint presentation at work on a topic of my choice for an NVQ.

'JFT96'

Every bit helps.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #407: Dec 08, 2011 08:15:59 pm
      Wasn't sure where to put this and didn't want to thread it.

c**t mckenzie running his horrible mouth, there's a BBC Iplayer link on the page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16093396
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #408: Dec 09, 2011 08:21:55 am

bbc news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16103876

EX-S-- EDITOR URGED TO APOLOGISE

A Liverpool journalist has demanded an apology from ex-editor Kelvin McKenzie for blaming reporters in the city
                for the S---- Hillsborough coverage.
                The paper wrongly claimed that Liverpool fans "picked the pockets" of some of the 96 victims of the 1989
                    tragedy and urinated on medics.
                Mr McKenzie told the BBC Two's The Politics Show that Liverpool journalists supplied the story.
                The Mercury Press Agency's editor Chris Johnson said he was consulting lawers.

It must be a psychosomatic condition with the F***ing gobs***e, he continues vilifying Liverpool after 22 F***ing years
                   of being told that him and his obscene comic have consistently lied about events that day and subsequently
                   an apology was extracted from the creature.
                    He now reverts to type and he put's the monster head on that we are all familiar with - get the c**t in the dock
                    and jailed for contempt of court. preferably in HMP Walton.

« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011 08:33:14 am by stuey »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,450 posts | 8656 
      Reply #409: Dec 09, 2011 01:34:18 pm

bbc news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16103876

EX-S-- EDITOR URGED TO APOLOGISE

A Liverpool journalist has demanded an apology from ex-editor Kelvin McKenzie for blaming reporters in the city
                for the S---- Hillsborough coverage.
                The paper wrongly claimed that Liverpool fans "picked the pockets" of some of the 96 victims of the 1989
                    tragedy and urinated on medics.
                Mr McKenzie told the BBC Two's The Politics Show that Liverpool journalists supplied the story.
                The Mercury Press Agency's editor Chris Johnson said he was consulting lawers.

It must be a psychosomatic condition with the F***ing gobs***e, he continues vilifying Liverpool after 22 F***ing years
                   of being told that him and his obscene comic have consistently lied about events that day and subsequently
                   an apology was extracted from the creature.
                    He now reverts to type and he put's the monster head on that we are all familiar with - get the c**t in the dock
                    and jailed for contempt of court. preferably in HMP Walton.

Since that Chris Johnson has threatened to sue him, he's looking for someone else to take the fall and is now blaming a news agency in Sheffield.

I wish someone out there who appears on some of these programmes that Mackenzie is on would just do us all a favour and call him one shithouse, lying tw*t.

Look at his response on the video from yesterday, poking away at Bryant, he hates being told he was wrong or he got it wrong, he does not like it one bit, surely there must be a loony, psycho out there that could just do us all a favour and murder him quite violently.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #410: Dec 12, 2011 05:31:55 pm
      Was in the pub last night having a game of poker some manc friends there ,bit of banter as usual when someone said something about the rag , straight away my manc friend said to him you dont buy that sh*t ,yes was the answer why dont you  , his reply ,the lies and  the way they treated  liverpool fans after hillsborough was a disgrace and i havn,t bought it since ,fair play to my manc friend ,didnt know he felt like that,
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,450 posts | 8656 
      Reply #411: Dec 13, 2011 02:06:23 pm
      Victorious Villas-Boas slams newspaper report

Andre Villas-Boas once again accused the Sun newspaper of fabricating stories following Chelsea's 2-1 victory over Manchester City, claiming he never demanded that his players celebrate with the management team to show solidarity.

Villas-Boas helped his side back into the title picture thanks to goals from Raul Meireles and Frank Lampard at Stamford Bridge. However, neither player ran to the bench to celebrate, as had been claimed in the morning paper.

The Portuguese insisted that, much like an earlier report in which he had allegedly given a public dressing down to Alex and Nicolas Anelka in front of the entire squad, the story about forcing his players to celebrate with the bench had also been totally made up.

"It's a false story, I never said anything like that. I think it's ridiculous," Villas-Boas told Sky Sports. "The Sun in two weeks has been spot-on with two false stories. I already said that if they paid the informant, they should get their money back.

"I told the players that when we score a goal, the bench lives the same emotions. The bench competes with them, with the same desire. We are for them, we want to play but we can't play.

"That's what I said in that conversation, and it's an unfortunate story. It's a pity, you'll get to know me, I'd never be an individual to say something extraordinary like that."

Focusing on the game itself, Villas-Boas steered away from taking any added credit for inflicting a first league defeat of the season on City. However, the Chelsea boss does believe the Christmas period could be telling.

"We needed to close the gap, we don't take any extra flavour from being the first team to beat them, that is irrelevant," Villas-Boas said. "We needed to win to get our Premier League challenge back on track and I think it is alive now.

"We had to keep calm and keep our patience, and the players did it brilliantly. They were very patient to get the goal to earn us the win. They deserve this win."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/126012.html
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      Reply #412: Dec 13, 2011 04:12:38 pm
      Was in the pub last night having a game of poker some manc friends there ,bit of banter as usual when someone said something about the rag , straight away my manc friend said to him you dont buy that sh*t ,yes was the answer why dont you  , his reply ,the lies and  the way they treated  liverpool fans after hillsborough was a disgrace and i havn,t bought it since ,fair play to my manc friend ,didnt know he felt like that,

Not every Manc's a bellend,;D.  DONT BUY THE S*N!!!!!!!!!!!!! ynwa jft96
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,450 posts | 8656 
      Reply #413: Jan 19, 2012 04:01:21 pm
      Cardiff City fans are proposing, that if and yes its a big if, it's a Liverpool v Cardiff final, then some sort of action/protest is organised against the s*n newspaper, maybe on wembley way.

Quick Reply