Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Players who have failed medicals

Read 10657 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Players who have failed medicals
      Reply #23: Aug 08, 2009 05:50:20 am
      Heart murmur my arse, old Frankie boy was either still pissed or an STD was discovered after he had been shagging around again.
      I do not dispute what you were saying but I think the official reason the club gave was high blood pressure.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #24: Aug 08, 2009 12:59:54 pm
      I do not dispute what you were saying but I think the official reason the club gave was high blood pressure.

Obviously, was just having a laugh, I was just going on the various accounts I've read in autobiographies and other players books of the 70s.

Do clubs ever tell the whole truth when a player fails a medical.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #25: Aug 08, 2009 09:33:46 pm
      Obviously, was just having a laugh, I was just going on the various accounts I've read in autobiographies and other players books of the 70s.

Do clubs ever tell the whole truth when a player fails a medical.
      L.F.C. certainly told the truth with Asa Hartford,it seemed he had a hole in the heart from when he was born.I think he was playing for West Brom when we were going to sign him and if my memory is correct he signed for Man City.
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #26: Aug 09, 2009 11:07:51 am
      I can recall two players failing medicals at Anfield in my time.The first was Frank Worthington who was a big bustling center forward in the old style,the second player was Asa Hartford.Though both players failed the L.F.C. medicals they played for many years  after. If my memory is correct both players had heart problems.
        You must be around my age becaue they were the two players I immediately thought of. Frank went on to play for ages and scored one of the goals of the season. Saw him in the Hilton (Wembley) for 95 League cup final v Bolton and we were giving him stick because he had brogues and spats on. He laughed and called this young dolly bird over, gave her a kiss and a cuddle and asked us where ours was? Good laugh. Asa Hartford played for Man City and we used to sing: There's a hole in your heart dear Asa Dear Asa There's a hole in your heart, dear Asa a hole. He went on to play for ever more as well.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #27: Aug 09, 2009 08:54:32 pm
        You must be around my age becaue they were the two players I immediately thought of. Frank went on to play for ages and scored one of the goals of the season. Saw him in the Hilton (Wembley) for 95 League cup final v Bolton and we were giving him stick because he had brogues and spats on. He laughed and called this young dolly bird over, gave her a kiss and a cuddle and asked us where ours was? Good laugh. Asa Hartford played for Man City and we used to sing: There's a hole in your heart dear Asa Dear Asa There's a hole in your heart, dear Asa a hole. He went on to play for ever more as well.
      I was born in 1938 so i will let you do the maths.I have a feeling Frank was playing for Leicester and Asa for West Brom when we were going to sign them.Both were good players.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #28: Aug 09, 2009 10:59:33 pm
      Did'nt Lee Bowyer fail a medical for us?

Quick Reply