Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

GTA IV

Read 44301 times
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: GTA IV
      Reply #23: Mar 07, 2008 11:13:18 pm
      Oh well if its good then its worth waiting for. I just hope its a brilliant game with a massive storyline, but most games on the Xbox 360 have had short story lines so far (GRAW2, GOW, COD4)

But if the game is that big then they'll just have to put it on two discs, its been done with games before so I wouldn't be suprised if they have to do it on the 360

Wont need more than one disc imo. People underestimate the size of one disc.
      El-Nino
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #24: Mar 07, 2008 11:22:15 pm
      Rafa, if your looking for a massive game try lost odyssey.

It's 4 discs hours of gameplay, worth a try bud.

:)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #25: Mar 10, 2008 02:52:34 pm
      Wont need more than one disc imo. People underestimate the size of one disc.

There's about 60Gb on a BluRay disc! GTA San Andreas was massive, and the DVD discs held 4Gb if I'm not mistaken? Although the San Andreas graphics seem pretty sh*t now, it was brilliant for the time! I'm sure 60Gb will be sound enough for the new GTA! ;)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #26: Mar 10, 2008 07:45:27 pm
      Yeah i know how big both are, it still wont need more than one disc imo.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #27: Mar 10, 2008 09:19:55 pm
      There's about 60Gb on a BluRay disc! GTA San Andreas was massive, and the DVD discs held 4Gb if I'm not mistaken? Although the San Andreas graphics seem pretty sh*t now, it was brilliant for the time! I'm sure 60Gb will be sound enough for the new GTA! ;)

But we are talking a normal DVD disc here, thats what the 360 uses. The blueray is what sometimes the PS3 uses
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #28: Mar 12, 2008 12:42:19 am
      But we are talking a normal DVD disc here, thats what the 360 uses. The blueray is what sometimes the PS3 uses

From what I've heard, GTA IV is the first game that's gonna get anywhere near to using the PS3's full capabilities. If this is the case it would probably have to be released on more than one disc for the 360.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #29: Mar 12, 2008 04:08:10 pm
      From what I've heard, GTA IV is the first game that's gonna get anywhere near to using the PS3's full capabilities. If this is the case it would probably have to be released on more than one disc for the 360.

Thank you, now try telling lil cisse that! I've tried telling him that a standard dvd disc the the Xbox360 uses will not have enough space for a detailed, long story line game. This is where the PS3 has advantage as the BlueRay disc is nearly 10 times in date size!

Anyone confuessed why games such as GRAW2, COD4, GOW, BioShock all have small storylines? Because they have too much quality data so they can't make the storyline long enough unless you use more than one disc. Metal Gear Solid & GTA can all be used on one disc as the blueray is massive. 360 would require about 3 discs or more for the GTAIV game
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #30: Mar 12, 2008 04:16:52 pm
      Anyone confuessed why games such as GRAW2, COD4, GOW, BioShock all have small storylines? Because they have too much quality data so they can't make the storyline long enough unless you use more than one disc. Metal Gear Solid & GTA can all be used on one disc as the blueray is massive. 360 would require about 3 discs or more for the GTAIV game

That has cleared up everything.  I'll start saving for a PS3!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #31: Mar 17, 2008 12:47:48 am
      Thank you, now try telling lil cisse that! I've tried telling him that a standard dvd disc the the Xbox360 uses will not have enough space for a detailed, long story line game. This is where the PS3 has advantage as the BlueRay disc is nearly 10 times in date size!

Aughh we'll see when it comes out then but  think it will be oneeeeeee disc.

I know about computer games, if its more than one disc on the 360 then fair enough your right but i think its gonna be one simply for the fact that all they have to do is compress the data required.

i think it will be 1, if it isnt your right, im confident its one disc.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #32: Mar 19, 2008 02:26:44 am

To be fair, I think the 360 uses double layered DVD discs, but even then it's only 8Gb! The PS3 would have it licked either way! ;)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #33: Mar 19, 2008 09:12:28 pm
      Tell you what I've started Vice City again.

I'm building myself up seriously for for the new GTA!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #34: Mar 19, 2008 10:11:49 pm
      Tell you what I've started Vice City again.

I'm building myself up seriously for for the new GTA!

Yeah I've been playing Vice City Stories for a little while now.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #35: Mar 19, 2008 11:18:17 pm
      Yeah I've been playing Vice City Stories for a little while now.

I was watching Scarface, finished Scarface.  Then I was having withdrawals so I pulled out Vice City for a bit of Scarface scenery!  :D
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #36: Mar 21, 2008 12:56:33 pm
      Proof that the claim that all xbox games are short due to disc size is a myth lies in mass effect.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #37: Mar 27, 2008 08:27:11 pm
      New GTA trailer released tonight at 10pm :)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #38: Mar 27, 2008 11:50:12 pm
      New GTA trailer released tonight at 10pm :)

Trailer 4
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #39: Mar 27, 2008 11:55:52 pm

Nice one Court, now I'm even more impatient for it to come out ;D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #40: Mar 27, 2008 11:58:24 pm
      Nice one Court, now I'm even more impatient for it to come out ;D

You're telling me :D :D :D

Notice in that you can drive a Ferrari?!?!  :o
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #41: Mar 28, 2008 11:27:23 pm
      Proof that the claim that all xbox games are short due to disc size is a myth lies in mass effect.
      I was addicted to mass effect for ages! Went on forever! Anyone who hasn't played it, play it!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #42: Mar 29, 2008 11:07:31 am
      I was addicted to mass effect for ages! Went on forever! Anyone who hasn't played it, play it!

I'm glad you've explained Mass Effect is a game, I was really struggling to understand lil cisse's post before that :D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #43: Mar 29, 2008 11:09:41 am

mass effect has long story line because they have crud graphics! if they had the graphics from COD4 or GOW then they'd be short as arse holes!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #44: Mar 29, 2008 07:47:48 pm
      mass effect has long story line because they have crud graphics! if they had the graphics from COD4 or GOW then they'd be short as arse holes!

;D mass effect has some of the best graphics around you must be mad tosayt he graphics are bad. They are superb. The fact of the matter is you can make a game with a long story and great graphics for the xbox. Mass effect is a prime example, i got it the day it came out and was blown away by how good it looked.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #45: Mar 29, 2008 07:48:37 pm
      I'm glad you've explained Mass Effect is a game, I was really struggling to understand lil cisse's post before that :D

Haha sorry Eddie.

Quick Reply