Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

GTA IV

Read 44396 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: GTA IV
      Reply #46: Apr 22, 2008 12:55:48 am
      This game is released soon isn't it? Not gonna waste my money on it just yet, I want the new Liverpool home shirt before anything ;D
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #47: Apr 22, 2008 04:09:53 pm
      This game is released soon isn't it? Not gonna waste my money on it just yet, I want the new Liverpool home shirt before anything ;D

Indeed it is - 29th but you can get it on the 28th if you know how.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #48: Apr 23, 2008 05:27:48 pm
      Indeed it is - 29th but you can get it on the 28th if you know how.

go on then.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #49: Apr 23, 2008 06:26:54 pm

Oh well if you have a chipped xbox 360 you can download it and get it now.

ORRRR

If you preorder it online from game theres a big chance you will get it the day before in the post

ORRRR

You can go to somewhere like Tesco at 12 o clock (midnight) and get a copy at a midnight launch or even if they arent doing a midnight launch you can still manage to get one. I got my hands on halo 2 and halo 3 at midnight before it was meant to be out by going into tescos asking an old person in there if they had any left in the stock rooms as there werent any left on the shelves.

But alot of people are getting it today as they have a chipped xbox 360 and the xbox copy has been leaked. Alot of gameplay videos floating about on youtube and a few other sites but im not watching them as i dont want to see it before it comes out really i'd rather wait.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #50: Apr 23, 2008 11:12:56 pm

Just as well really, if you haven't ordered it then you will probably have to play the 'chase round the shops' game.

Had to order the special edition myself 'just to be sure'.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #51: Apr 23, 2008 11:51:59 pm
      Just as well really, if you haven't ordered it then you will probably have to play the 'chase round the shops' game.

Had to order the special edition myself 'just to be sure'.

I will just order it of play.com
      It's surely to be the biggest and best game in history no?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #52: Apr 24, 2008 11:07:39 am
      I will just order it of play.com
      It's surely to be the biggest and best game in history no?

Do you know if play.com get games to you on the release date?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #53: Apr 24, 2008 11:55:13 am
      Do you know if play.com get games to you on the release date?

If you pre-order them quick enough then you'll get them on the release date, however now being the 24th I do not know. Better try now then later...
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #54: Apr 24, 2008 01:42:17 pm
      Bollocks, looks like I need a PS3, XBox 360 to play this damn game  :f_steam:

Anyone recommend the PS3?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #55: Apr 24, 2008 02:27:44 pm
      Bollocks, looks like I need a PS3, XBox 360 to play this damn game  :f_steam:

Anyone recommend the PS3?

XBOX 360 ... all comes down to personal preference but i think the xbox is better personally.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #56: Apr 24, 2008 02:34:02 pm
      XBOX 360 ... all comes down to personal preference but I think the XBOX is better personally.

I have heard a lot of stories regarding "the red light of death" on the XBOX though and the PS3 looks quite nice too, I am right in thinking the PS3 is Blue Ray and the XBOX HD?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #57: Apr 24, 2008 02:40:13 pm
      I have heard a lot of stories regarding "the red light of death" on the XBOX though and the PS3 looks quite nice too, I am right in thinking the PS3 is Blue Ray and the XBOX HD?

I heard they are putting Blue Ray in the Xbox 360 instead of the HD now because they've stopped making HD DVD discs :D

Yeah I've had the three red lights before.  Had to send it back & wait until they either fix it or they send you a new one.  In my case, a new one!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #58: Apr 24, 2008 03:12:58 pm
      I heard they are putting Blue Ray in the Xbox 360 instead of the HD now because they've stopped making HD DVD discs :D

Yeah I've had the three red lights before.  Had to send it back & wait until they either fix it or they send you a new one.  In my case, a new one!

But that's hours of quality gameplay time wasted.....

Is it as reliable as windows ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #59: Apr 24, 2008 08:03:28 pm
      PS3.  No question.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #60: Apr 24, 2008 09:25:58 pm
      PS3

A couple of places will do midnight releases but online stores will post out on Monday as retailers have all signed a contract to not ship early........
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #61: Apr 24, 2008 11:39:29 pm

I advise u to get the ps3 as you seem swayed towards it already, i love my xbox 360's though i have 3 and i've never had this red ring of death thing dont know anyone thats had it either but i no others have had it before though.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #62: Apr 25, 2008 12:55:00 am
      I advise u to get the ps3 as you seem swayed towards it already, I love my xbox 360's though I have 3 and I've never had this red ring of death thing dont know anyone thats had it either but I no others have had it before though.

Trust me you'll get it eventually. I though "yeh you guys are getting the red ring of death because your playing to console too much" but no it has nothing to do with that. I put on my console one day and it just came up, and I don't really play it often like others do. MS rushed the design of the Xbox 360 so they could release it way before the PS3. The early release date worked obviously but half of their customers and not too happy. I think the PS3 is probably a better built machine that has more to it.

Xbox360 is only £149.99 on play.com now, wonder why...
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #63: Apr 25, 2008 08:46:53 am
      Trust me you'll get it eventually. I though "yeh you guys are getting the red ring of death because your playing to console too much" but no it has nothing to do with that. I put on my console one day and it just came up, and I don't really play it often like others do. MS rushed the design of the Xbox 360 so they could release it way before the PS3. The early release date worked obviously but half of their customers and not too happy. I think the PS3 is probably a better built machine that has more to it.

I advise u to get the ps3 as you seem swayed towards it already, I love my xbox 360's though I have 3 and I've never had this red ring of death thing dont know anyone thats had it either but I no others have had it before though.

Thanks for the words of wisdom guys, I did wanna get a PS3 but was waiting for the price to come down a bit but it ain't budging and I need to play GTA 4!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #64: Apr 25, 2008 09:49:10 am

I've had my first 360 since release day and never had a problem, i dont think i'll get it, i kow how to avoid it its not difficult.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #65: Apr 25, 2008 12:42:03 pm
      I got a phone call today asking me if I wanted to go down to the midnight launch, I'm not that desperate to get my hands on it but I'll certainly be down early the next day. This looks like it will be an absolute beast of a game, can't wait to play it.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #66: Apr 25, 2008 01:47:23 pm
      I got a phone call today asking me if I wanted to go down to the midnight launch, I'm not that desperate to get my hands on it but I'll certainly be down early the next day. This looks like it will be an absolute beast of a game, can't wait to play it.

Same here. Seeing as the Liverpool home shirt is released later on in May I think I might buy this GTA IV game as soon as it comes out. Not interested in buying it at midnight launch as I'll probably be looking to go to sleep after then but will buy it maybe the next day out like you.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #67: Apr 25, 2008 04:10:28 pm
      Does anyone know if their selling this at the midnight launch for people who have not pre-ordered the game?
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #68: Apr 25, 2008 08:18:59 pm
      Does anyone know if their selling this at the midnight launch for people who have not pre-ordered the game?

I'd say u'd be lucky to get one that has not been pre-ordered but they usually do if they have extra stock.

Quick Reply