Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Which system do you prefer?

PlayStation 3
      (57.4%)
      XBox 360
      (35.1%)
      Don't like either of 'em
      (7.4%)

PS3 v Xbox 360

Read 49930 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      PS3 v Xbox 360
      Mar 30, 2007 02:41:33 pm
      Found this really interesting vid on youtube.
      Its the PS3 graphics compaired to the 360's.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPOHmSLyouc&mode=related&search=
      Discuss...
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: PS3 v Xbox 360
      Reply #1: Mar 30, 2007 03:18:14 pm
      Graphics - Xbox 360 has better, its true look at the system details.

Looks - Playstation 3, its a beauty of a console.

Controller - Xbox 360, it grips to your hands perfectly.

Games - I really don't know, this is where JD & Jabba should come into it as they have a PS3
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #2: Mar 31, 2007 01:22:30 am
      I'm not too sure the XBox has better graphics. 

Motorstorm is a truly breathtaking High Def game.  The addition of the Blu-Ray drive will ensure that Blu-Ray beats HD-DVD to replace DVD as the format of choice in the next generation of home movies.

One final fact concerning the European launches of all three consoles.

Microsoft XBox 360 (launched December 2005): Sold 500,000 units in the first month

Nintendo Wii (launched December 2006): Sold 700,000 units in the first month

Sony PlayStation 3 (launched March 2007): Sold 600,000 units in the first two days.

I think everyone knows who is going to win the next-gen war.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #3: Mar 31, 2007 10:19:54 am
      I'm not too sure the XBox has better graphics. 

Motorstorm is a truly breathtaking High Def game.  The addition of the Blu-Ray drive will ensure that Blu-Ray beats HD-DVD to replace DVD as the format of choice in the next generation of home movies.

One final fact concerning the European launches of all three consoles.

Microsoft XBox 360 (launched December 2005): Sold 500,000 units in the first month

Nintendo Wii (launched December 2006): Sold 700,000 units in the first month

Sony PlayStation 3 (launched March 2007): Sold 600,000 units in the first two days.

I think everyone knows who is going to win the next-gen war.

When the ps2 and xbox first came out the xbox was better short term but ps2 better long term. I belive with Sony's sky high prices that the 360 will have all the games PS3 have. already devil may cry, resisden evil 5 and GTA IV so not suprised if MGS4 is on the 360 aswell.

Xbox 360 has better graphics, play gears of war and see if you can get better graphics than that. 360 has better lighting its been compared
      Cork City FC
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • Cork City FC - The Rebel Army
      Reply #4: Apr 06, 2007 10:45:47 pm
      PS3 is a rip-off. And there's not much new games out. And you have to dish put another couple of hundred euro to get the HD.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #5: Oct 13, 2007 10:00:04 am
      Ok, now whoever has played both consoles, in your own opinion tell me which console is better and why, and make sure the opinion isn't a biased one!
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #6: Oct 13, 2007 12:16:59 pm
      ;D, you gotta laugh at that video as its complete waste of space.

1st off the ps3 comes in 3 colours (black/white/silver) and so does the xbox (white/black/nasty green), the xbox 's shown on the video have skins (also known as stickers) which you can also get on the ps3 (the maker of that video must have forgotten that ;) )

secondly, the games shown on that video were made for xbox then converted to ps3, if it were the other way round you would have the same problem on the xbox. And as for comparing GOW to RFOM?? RFOM was a launch title which are normally average at best, yeah GOW is v good but it wasnst a launch title, they should compare RFOM with perfect dark!! wonder what that comparison would look like? ;)

thirdly, i've just written this post useing my ps3 control pad while browsing the web for free off of my ps3 ;), my ps3 is yet to breakdown ;), and now am about to watch Apocalypto on 1080P blu-ray............

in my eyes there is no doubt to which one is better.....   PS3
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #7: Nov 07, 2007 06:35:17 pm
      You can now get the PS3 for £279.99 ordering online.

I know it's a slightly different model but a big saving from the original £425 back in April.

Remember the 40Gb won't play your PS2 games.  If you want that one you will have to pay around £350 (but you will get a couple of games and films thrown in)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #8: Nov 11, 2007 09:23:27 pm
      Can the 360 not support 1080p ?

It doesn't matter as I doubt I'll be buying a 1080p telly soon.
      garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Reply #9: May 12, 2008 09:23:27 am
      so i bought a ps3 today and pick it up tomorrow and got GTA IV and Fifa 08 with it
      looking forward to it how do they go people i haven't even sat on a PS3 yet
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #10: May 12, 2008 09:41:26 am
      The only negatives I have about the 360 are

- Sounds like ma is doing the hoovering
      - Ring of death will happen
      - You have to pay extra to play online
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #11: May 12, 2008 09:41:51 am
      so I bought a ps3 today and pick it up tomorrow and got GTA IV and Fifa 08 with it
      looking forward to it how do they go people I haven't even sat on a PS3 yet

They're brilliant! Excellent graphics, brilliant gameplay! Just don't sit on it! ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #12: May 12, 2008 08:22:28 pm
      I agree with CRK. I've put my PS3 under my television deliberately to stop me feeling the urge to sit on it.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13: May 14, 2008 03:09:51 pm
      I agree with CRK. I've put my PS3 under my television deliberately to stop me feeling the urge to sit on it.

:lmao:

I wonder if the 360 will have any more good exclusives.  Hmm...
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #14: May 14, 2008 03:33:51 pm
      :lmao:

I wonder if the 360 will have any more good exclusives.  Hmm...

Gears Of War 2
      However project gotham will be no more as the designers have sold up, it'll be on all platforms and then the PS3 fan boys will be able to buy it and boast about what a good game it is. However it won't be called project gotham 5 it'll have a different name to it but everything else will be near enough the same!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #15: May 15, 2008 08:39:21 am
      Graphics- Xbox 360
      Console- Xbox 360
      Controller- Xbox 360
      Price- Xbox 360... judging by a quick look on Google.
      Games-Not really sure,
      Online- PS3 because it's no extra cost.

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #16: May 15, 2008 09:24:00 pm
      Well I reckon PS3 is better as I'm writing this on my PS3 at this minute! 8)

The site looks better on this than me PC! Just hurts your eyes a bit as it's on a 32 inch plasma! :laugh:
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #17: May 15, 2008 09:53:05 pm
      Graphics- Xbox 360
      Console- Xbox 360
      Controller- Xbox 360
      Price- Xbox 360... judging by a quick look on Google.
      Games-Not really sure,
      Online- PS3 because it's no extra cost.

As a PS3 owner I have to disagree with your very informative post:

Graphics, Xbox360?, Have you not seen GT5P or Drakes Fortune? regardless of weather you like them or not they are the best two looking games out on either platflorm

Consol,l Xbox360? Based on what?? The fact you can (on PS3) browse the web, watch Blu-Ray, have a built in wifi reciver,have backword playability for PS1/PS2 (60gb models only) just to name a few, then you have remote play with PSP!!

Controller, never played on a 360 so cannot comment but this more than anything is based on your own preferance, I am very happy with the PS3 pad, the sixaxis was abit light and flimsy but I have a PS3 dual shock which is excellent so....... Each to there own (does the xbox one need batteries?)

Price, Basic consol yes the Xbox is a cheaper at £159 but that is for the basic system, to make the most of the system you need a HDD/maybe a wireless reciver/wireless controler batteries thats an extra £130 (all based on argos prices and hdd was 20gb) so is it better on price?? no as you still dont have HDMI output or a HD/Blu-Ray player

Games, most titles are both format so you can only really judge exclusives (early ports were better on 360 but most now are pretty identical), so thats faily equal, GoW2 does look pretty awsome but RFOM2 does along with Motorstorm2/Killzone2 so.......

Online Xbox is the more established of the two and is better, yes you have to pay but the benefits it offers over PSN for £26 a year (ebay price) I would would be willing to pay, PSN will have Home but as that has been put back yet again I would say Live wins this one

These are my opinions................ ... (and yes i maybe 'slightly' biased but there are fact in there too!)

either way people just have fun and make the most of which one you have!

Lfc-jamie14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | -2 
      • 'You'll never walk alone'
      Reply #18: May 16, 2008 07:17:22 pm
      ps3 because i dont have a xbox 360
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #19: May 17, 2008 02:05:23 pm
      Graphics- There the same now its now stupid to argue that 360 looks better because developers have got to terms with the PS3 so there around the same graphics but I would still predict the PS3 edging ahead soon
      Console- In terms of looks the PS3 looks stunning the Xbox almost look cheap IMO but the covers are cool on Xbox. In terms of features PS3 really does destroy Xbox as all the good features for Xbox come as an add on
      Controller- PS3 (easily) the Xbox controller is quite simply the most awkward thing you can use, sure you can argue... "ooo once you get used to it its great" the fact is you shouldnt need to get used to it, it should feel right in your hands and the PS3 wins easily here as it soo much lighter aswell... and its got 6axis
      Price- Xbox 360 is cheaper yes but comes with less built in options and now with the inslusion of Blueray drives needed for all new xbox games the Xbox will now cost more than the PS3
      Games- In terms of exclusive games Xbox is shading it atm with Halo and Bioshock and Gears of War. But in 2008 GT5, Haze, Little Big Planet, MGS4 and eventually God of War all come to PS3
      Online- Xbox has the bigger comunity... PS3 is free, once the home feature comes in its got to be a win for PS3 here

Basically there about the same now, but I can see a very good future for PS3 and lets say a not so good future for the 360

The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #20: May 17, 2008 08:41:53 pm
      Yawn...

Soz dudes but having seen this debate go on all over the internet unless you happen to own all 3 current consoles I really dont think many people can have a complete and concise opion. I happen to own all 3 a wii a ps3 and 2 360s, having said that Im no fanboy of any of them, and have to say as far as all 3 go the Wii is by far the worse, not only graphically but also in extendability. You will get bored with the Wii very quickly if you get one because after the novalty wears off it really fails to deliver as a games console because it has a libary of some of the worse games I have ever seen it doesnt play DVDs naturally unless you hack the thing and doesnt do media streaming expect for photos which is pretty useless needless to say my mochiped nintendo Wii is up for sale. PS3 is a great dvd & blu ray player it also does high Def via media servers well, although you do have to convert the files. The PS3 has 2 really good exclusive games games Ratchet & Clank and uncharted drakes fortune. However as a games machine it lacks a good libary for starters, although its colours are superior to the 360 PS3 does not anti alias(google it im not explaining the details) that well and does not do lighting and texture elements very well either. PS3 is a hybred machine a jack of all trades but master of none. The xbox 360 is a games machine, it doesnt play dvds or upscale movies in the same manner as the PS3 plus you have to buy and addon to play HD movies this is F***ing annoying. Xbox live for multiplayer gaming is unrivaled PS3 cant compete as their whole system suffers badly from lag and server issues. 360 has more exclusive titles such as Gears of War and Halo 3 (both brilliant games) as a pure gaming machine and social networking experience 360 is by far the winner its graphics on certain titles are superior to those on the PS3, Assasins Creed, is one game this is proof of. Trying to compare the graphics of the PS3 to 360 using GTA IV is a complete and utter waste of F***ing time as the engine used to create the game is an upscaled engine used to produce GTA 2 & 3 on the PS2.

In conclusion both consoles have their strengths and weaknesses, but if you want a pure gaming console with a good mulitplayer experience with good graphics then get a 360. If you want a Blu Ray upscaling hybred gaming system that doesnt offer the same brilliant gaming experience then get a PS3 if you are a casual gamer and just want a social evening with friends to get drunk then get a Wii.

As I stated I have all 3 systems and both PS3 and 360 have a place in my home (in fact I have 2 xbox 360s one for my daughter and one for me so we can play co-op games and on live and yes generally kick ass) I am no fan boy of either console but gaming wise I use the 360 a lot more than the PS3 but playing HD media I use the PS3 more than the 360. There you have it fanboys now go suck your socks.

garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Reply #21: May 18, 2008 06:00:35 am
      Well my xbox 3sh*tty died already so i took it back and got a ps3, so i have tasted both and ps3 if better in my opinion. And I did manage to sit on it now CRK and it was delighful ;D
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #22: May 18, 2008 10:07:31 am
      Well my xbox 3sh*tty died already so I took it back and got a ps3, so I have tasted both and ps3 if better in my opinion. And I did manage to sit on it now CRK and it was delighful ;D

Tasted both?? What flavour were they salt & Vinegar or cheese and onion..!!

Quick Reply