Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Which system do you prefer?

PlayStation 3
      (57.4%)
      XBox 360
      (35.1%)
      Don't like either of 'em
      (7.4%)

PS3 v Xbox 360

Read 49936 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: PS3 v Xbox 360
      Reply #276: Jul 03, 2011 09:53:57 am
      Worst reasoning ever, ;D

Don't forget Gears of War, awesome games.

Hahaha! Yeah, that was one of the games I wanted to mention but couldn't remember its name.

Xboxes are very common in Malaysia mainly because they are fake games being sold around here but they can only be played on a modified Xbox Console I think. Not sure if they can be played online, though.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #277: Jul 03, 2011 02:31:33 pm
      Yeah you can get 360s chipped over here and download games but you can't play them online which is a very big part of gaming nowadays.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #278: Jul 03, 2011 03:32:27 pm
      Whisper it, but PS3's can be cracked too now ;)

*Looks around for Sony spies*   :couch:
      Bier
      Reply #279: Jul 03, 2011 04:04:03 pm
      Found this thread through Google, had to join in the conversation!
      There aren't any huge differences. I prefer the xbox 360 myself. I like the controllers and xbox live. But basically, if all my mates would have a PS3, I'd probably have one too.

Games like Gran Tourismo piss all over Gotham racing on x-box so its PS3 for me every time..
      Comparing it to the wrong game there. Gran Tourismo doesn't piss all over Forza Motorsport, does it. Forza might even be better, if you'd be looking at the critics' receptions of both last games. And I wonder when the next Gran Tourismo is coming out, as the last one took like what, 5 years? Forza comes out every 2 years, next one this October:

Forza Motorsport 4: Trailer (E3 2011)

Goldeneye 64 was the best FPS and best multiplayer game at the time as well. I clearly remember staying up all night playing that with a couple of mates. The proximity mines were great fun ;D.

I remember that! Playing with 4 people on split screen. Then look on your mates' parts of the screen to try and find them. Great game. And I really liked Mariokart 64 too.

Spot on on Unchartered, that and L.A. Noire took the PS3 to a new level.

Uncharted is a fantastic franchise for the PS3, brilliant game. but L.A. Noire is brilliant on the xbox360 aswell.
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2011 04:43:34 pm by Bier »
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #280: Jul 03, 2011 05:10:34 pm
      PS3 every time for me. Just a general preference. Awesome graphics, blu ray player and online gaming, even though i don't know how to do it!. Would love to learn how to go online and play people in Fifa, never mind.

I find the the PS3 more 'mature' in it's application, if that makes sense. A more serious console in my opinion.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #281: Jul 22, 2011 08:44:27 pm
      Liking the PS3 - also gave me something to do after spectacular cascade failure of PC components.

Still getting used to PS3, but liking it a LOT so far - apart from the little controller, which gives me hand cramp after a while ;D
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #282: Jul 22, 2011 10:19:10 pm
      Liking the PS3 - also gave me something to do after spectacular cascade failure of PC components.

Still getting used to PS3, but liking it a LOT so far - apart from the little controller, which gives me hand cramp after a while ;D

Trust me, PS3 is the dogs danglies!. Nintendo and Microsoft always seemed to make more child friendly games or games that were more geared towards young kids.
      Bier
      Reply #283: Jul 22, 2011 10:30:29 pm
      Trust me, PS3 is the dogs danglies!. Nintendo and Microsoft always seemed to make more child friendly games or games that were more geared towards young kids.
      Nintendo is more family orientated, so more child friendly. But there isn't any difference between Xbox and Playstation. Most of the games come out on both PS3 and 360, so there can't be any difference there. And whatever games that are exclusive on either console are also generally for the same target group, teens or young adults.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #284: Jul 22, 2011 10:41:04 pm
      I don't get that one, mate. Nintendo yeah but as Bier says, there's no real difference between Microsoft and Sony in that respect.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #285: Jul 22, 2011 10:46:35 pm
      I had Xbox 360 and now have PS3 and didn't notice too much difference in the style of games but for me as a casual gamer the built in Blu Ray player and free online easily made the PS3 the best choice. I use mine more for films than games but do like to have it for the odd game here and there.

I had a Wii for a while and felt the novelty wore off far too easily but in saying that Super Mario Galaxy is still one of the best game I've played in quite a while.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #286: Jul 22, 2011 10:52:01 pm

Coming round to that way of thinking - although Halo is a superb game.

Also agree with srslfc - the Wii is novelty based, although good fun.

Been battling my way thru Bad Company, PES (kicking my bro's arse) and tiger woods 09

Really looking forwards to GT5 and COD black ops, but I'm waiting until I am completely comfy with the controller to get into them.

Bad Company is a decent shooter, and a good learning game :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #287: Jul 22, 2011 11:04:09 pm
      Coming round to that way of thinking - although Halo is a superb game.

Thinking of games exclusive to the Xbox :

Gears of War (18 certificate)
      Halo series (15-16)
      Forza Motorsport (same as GT)...etc

then we have all the same games such as Grand Theft Auto (18), LA Noire (18), Dead Rising (18)...etc

Can't see how it's any different to PS3 in terms of target market.

Nintendo is openly different, they do aim for the family market.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #288: Jul 22, 2011 11:18:29 pm
      Grand Turismo, Unchartered, Blue Ray, Free on line play. PS3 for me. . . But only just
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #289: Jul 22, 2011 11:25:40 pm
      Grand Turismo, Unchartered, Blue Ray, Free on line play. PS3 for me. . . But only just

The better games, and the free online mean you make the money back over the course of the console life, so it doesn't really matter that PS3 costs more.

Liking it atm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #290: Jul 22, 2011 11:28:58 pm
      Compare it to other blue ray players and it's a no brainer really. It has tidied up my entertainment area no end. Even store my music on it now
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #291: Jul 22, 2011 11:34:19 pm
      Blu Ray on the PS3 is excellent and it always updates unlike some.
      Bier
      Reply #292: Jul 23, 2011 01:23:39 am
      Gran Turismo isn't any better than Forza Motorsport, they're in the same league. Unchartered is the only game that I'd love to see on the 360 too. But I play alot of shooters and I do prefer Halo, Gears of War and Left 4 Dead over shooters like Killzone and Resistance. But in the end there isn't much difference, most of the games everybody plays alot are available on both consoles.

The PS3 does have the Blu ray going for it. But I don't need one, as I never play Blu ray discs. My TV is connected to my Wi-Fi, and I can hook up my external HD to my TV, that's how I watch HD movies and series.

And when it comes to the Xbox Live vs PSN debate. No doubt that initially Xbox Live was alot better. But PSN's online is good now too after their firmware updates. Still, obviously Xbox Live is better when it comes to certain aspects and features. Security and support being the obvious things there.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #293: Jul 23, 2011 01:52:34 am
      GT is better than Forza as far as simulation goes. Both are visual excellent but as a driving game GT wins for me. Fair enough you hook up an external HD drive but I do buy and rent blue rays so it's a bonus for me
      Bier
      Reply #294: Jul 23, 2011 02:08:01 am
      Ofcourse the last GT was a bit better, it came out a year later and they took ages to make it. But if you look at the overall reviewers ratings, Forza was actually better recieved at the time it was released than GT was. But it does come down to personal taste, I like 'm both. However, you might not even see a new release for that untill the PS4 comes out, while you'll see another 2 Forza releases coming out before that GT one, first one this fall.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #295: Jul 23, 2011 02:12:19 am
      So you admit the last GT was better. QED. Goodnight ;)
      Bier
      Reply #296: Jul 23, 2011 02:17:24 am
      Not really. GT 5 was better than Forza 3, just like the upcoming Forza 4 will be better than GT 5. In their timeframe I think both series are equally as good. I love them both.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #297: Jul 23, 2011 02:35:45 am
      I prefer the PS3 myself. Mainly because I've always been a Playstation person.

Without the PS3, there are no inFAMOUS and Uncharted! Though Xbox gets games like Fable, GoW and L4D.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #298: Jul 23, 2011 02:37:27 am
      PS3s and Xboxes dying everywhere, fanboys making excuses for it all and going out and buying more.

Microsoft and Sony must be pissing themselves laughing.

Quick Reply