Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Yanks Out!!!

Read 13573 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Yanks Out!!!
      Reply #92: Sep 07, 2009 10:34:21 am
      Remember the 'Justice' protest at the Arsenal game, though? Did nothing to effect the players on the pitch in terms of how they played and we sent out a message. Maybe we can organise something like that? Obviously it can't be planned within the club but if we get those pamphlets out and start chanting something.

Anything.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #93: Sep 07, 2009 10:46:53 am
      There's no way the club would go along with this so playing something through the PA is out of the question along with them giving out cards etc.

For me protest at half time and at the end of the game as it cant have any negative effects on the players during the game
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,238 posts | 8574 
      Reply #94: Sep 08, 2009 02:49:15 am
      This was posted on RAWK by a manc, make of it what you will!

Quote from: From Red Issue

Could it ever happen? Could England’s two finest and most decorated clubs be publicly mocked and ridiculed by the most unlikely source imaginable - their own hardcore fans, in an alliance unprecedented in UK sporting history? Would Liverpool fans place their tribal rivalry aside to welcome Manchester United’s Red Army to Anfield in an attempt to humiliate their owners, while in turn United leave their normal animosity at the Manchester city limits to humiliate the Glazers? Could it happen, just once?

Hold your horses, all you nay-sayers, this isn’t quite as daft as it may at first appear. Both clubs are drowning in unwanted debts, imposed by avaricious American buyers using highly leveraged buy-out strategies that would be illegal back in the US of A. Before these takeovers both clubs were successful, viable and financially sound. Liverpool with some debts, albeit based on serviceable borrowing, while United existed in a now parallel universe of debt and stress-free bliss.

Why now? Simply put, BOTH clubs are heading straight for the sporting knackers yard.
      In a couple of years Uefa will be implementing their (overdue) financial rules, leaving United and Liverpool possibly facing exclusion from Europe’s top table and certainly requiring some financial house-keeping, that currently seems impossible to achieve.
      The dignity of self inflicted death today is therefore not, in the grand scheme of things that much worse than death by execution tomorrow.

I’ll have to acknowledge a degree of denial. I’ve been hoping this takeover would turn out better than it has, that my worst fears (and those of others) wouldn’t come to pass, but I’m afraid I’ve lost almost all hope in the light of the available evidence.

David Conn's article highlighting how the Glazers have squandered a truly eye-watering £263 million of United’s money simply to service their outrageous interest payments is the final straw for me. £263 million! In barely 4 years. That would have paid for many a Ribery or Benzema (had they wanted to come to United, granted) or, off the field a newly extended south stand, taking a completed (and re-roofed?!) Old Trafford to over 90,000 seats. Hell, with a stadium and financial standing like that United may even have kept ticket prices half sensible too. I can dream.

Over at Anfield, things were initially different. Rather than copy United fan’s resistance they couldn’t wait to roll out the welcome mat, bunting criss-crossed the streets and a sunny future beckoned for Liverpool. Next season was going to their year!

Now? The promised new stadium is stuck on the drawing board, while the club is struggling with a debt-burden that – just like United’s, threatens its competitive future. A resurgent Arsenal and newbie rich boys Citeh are placing a serious threat to Liverpool’s Champions League status. If that goes, they’ll be in freefall. (Hmmm. On second thoughts, hold the joint-protest….)

So both sets of fans have club owners they now utterly detest, both clubs have seen colossal debts imposed by said owners that they have no hope whatsoever of re-paying through club generated funds, and both clubs face crippling interest payments to service those totally unsustainable debts. In short, each owner is simply waiting for the arrival of a fully wedged-up white knight to buy out their holdings, earning multi-millions in the process. That is the only possible exit strategy of each owner; they have nothing else.

Neither owner can continue forever on a financial crash-course, so they must either re-finance or sell. Unless it’s a cash buyer, a la Citeh, then it’s back to square one with a new owner with huge debts. But as each club is already collapsing under their existing debts which cannot be adequately serviced by club revenues and with impending legislation from Uefa, (correctly intended to under mime any possibility of more highly leveraged buy outs) neither option appears viable.

So, when exactly is the right time to commit to emergency action? How extreme does our situation need to be before something radical or previously impossible becomes a viable last gasp option?

While it’s true we mutually detest each other as much as it’s possible to do, therein lies the potentially unique impact of such an unlikely joint-protest.

The point is this. Normal protest has been tried and has failed. Miserably. Remember when United marched outside Old Trafford? “United United, Not for Sale.” Well no offence to those who marched, but while they squeaked The Glazers smirked. We were For Sale, and we were sold like a sack of coal to a parasitical family with a huge and unfavourable loan, who have been undeservedly protected by almost unprecedented recent on-pitch success. Superficial inference of successful ownership has in reality camouflaged financial decisions which could sink United almost without trace.

Meanwhile Liverpool tootled down Walton Breck Road waving their own flags and singing their own songs of support or protest, depending on their mood. Sometimes in support of Benitez, and eventually against Gillett & Hicks. Just like us though, all that hot air was, well, hot air. Effort a plenty but F***ing useless in the face of a single swipe of a millionaire bankers pen. Ever feel inadequate?

Whatever Liverpool thought they were getting was not what they’ve got now, that’s for sure. It’s true that’s not our problem, and if it wasn’t for the Glazers we’d all be hooting with laughter at their misfortune. However our issues aren’t Liverpool’s problem either and by rights they should be laughing at our quandary. If it wasn’t for Gillett and Hicks…

We should set out to humiliate our own club owners. We should call on Uefa to expel United from the Champions League, and Liverpool fans likewise to their own club. Unsustainable debts = oblivion, how one looks at it. I’d love to be amongst those who pull the trigger on these bas**rds, but without ACTION, that won’t happen.

Such a protest would get completely unprecedented global media coverage; two sworn enemies, combining with a temporary truce to call for the CL eviction of their own clubs due to the unacceptable debts imposed by unwanted parasitical owners.

Should we be pushing for a COMPLETE BOYCOTT of United home matches? Ok, it’s a big ‘If’, but that would be THE most accessible way for ordinary fans to crush the Glazers – to keep their cash in their own pocket and REJECT the now fatally flawed Glazer business plan. They only react to money these guys, they’ve shown enough times it’s the only language they speak. A collapse in Old Trafford crowds would have a disastrous impact on their business model, and it should be noted, probably an equally disastrous effect on United’s on-pitch fortunes too.

Short term pain, long term gain, then.

A near bankrupt United would regally F**k the Glazers. Ok, so we’d go down a division or two. Senior players would leave. Big deal. In a lower league we’d start again (perhaps under fan ownership?) with match day revenues no other clubs could get near to. We’d be back in the top flight within a couple of years.

Would it work? That depends on how we define ‘work’ I suppose. One thing is for sure, if we continue on this now disastrous trajectory the only things I can see for United are multiple looming disasters. That being so, should we do all we can to F**k the Glazers before they finally screw United and get the chance to walk away with millions of profits, thus – in their own minds, justifying their takeover in the first place?

Is our rivalry with Liverpool more precious than our love for United?
      Is the long term future of United (and in turn do Liverpool fans think similarly about their long term future) to be worth a truly remarkable one-off protest?
      Would it have any discernable effect?
      Could a boycott of the club actually bankrupt the Glazers, and if it did force them out, what are the chances of that setting the ground for a cash sale, thus no debt?

I know this was a little long-winded, but after seeing those figures (ÂŁ263 million) and with an eye on the imminent repayment demands I am now more disillusioned with these money-grubbing whores than I ever thought possible.

Drastic, unprecedented action is required. Well?

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #95: Sep 08, 2009 12:19:11 pm
      A Manc that makes some decent points, it would be hillarious to watch them sink if we weren't in the same position. The Premier League has a lot to answer, how these American chancers were allowed buy into there two biggest clubs with bank money I will never know.

This fit test that they carry out on owners need to be completely reviewed. He is right that if something is not done soon both clubs will end up crippled by debt. I think drastic action needs to be taken now while the clubs are not passed saving.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #96: Sep 08, 2009 01:13:37 pm
      Can we not hold bonfire night in the center circle of Anfield and burn effergiers of Hicks & Gillet ?
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #97: Sep 08, 2009 02:13:35 pm
      The only problem I'd have with that is, It may have a negative impact on the players and they are not too blame for this fiasco... the only way I could see that being constructive is we had a good lead and it was in the final ten minutes.... Still even then I think anxiety could creep into the lads head on the pitch. Just my opinion.

i agree.. we shouldnt turn our backs on the team!

maybe a mass protest outside the stadium not on a match day.. get sky sports news and other media attention.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #98: Sep 08, 2009 02:16:43 pm

Can we not hold bonfire night in the center circle of Anfield and burn effergiers of Hicks & Gillet ?

haha i like that.. or go a step further, lets make a giant wicker man and burn those bas**rds!!!!!
      I STAN BULL
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -2 
      Reply #99: Sep 08, 2009 04:13:06 pm
      Not only r the skanks F@@@n up my work place as i work for yanks now. They r ruining the great Liverpool fc. Y dnt they just piss off back across the water and shoot there own troops and fuk there jobs and country up. Out with the yanks plz.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #100: Sep 08, 2009 04:49:00 pm
      .........give me the gun.
      TIPTOPRED
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #101: Sep 08, 2009 08:13:48 pm
      Sitting in the kop will not make one bit of difference,, walking out after the first half,, or even jeering the dirty yanks constantly for 90 minutes might just make a difference.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,238 posts | 8574 
      Reply #102: Sep 08, 2009 08:24:14 pm
      Sitting in the kop will not make one bit of difference,, walking out after the first half,, or even jeering the dirty yanks constantly for 90 minutes might just make a difference.

Not likely, Sky or whoever is televising the game would probably make out the fans are jeering the team.

And depends who we're playing. Would you do the above against the F***ing mancs. Thought not!
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #103: Sep 11, 2009 10:40:14 pm
      I think we need a banner of massive size that is displayed at every Liverpool game home and away untill these two stubborn conmen decide to take their grubby hands off this great club and find some other FRANCHISE to f**kup . Somebody take a bucket round tomorrow and get some funds to pay for the biggest banner we have ever seen on the kop and I'm sure they will get the message loud and clear.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #104: Sep 11, 2009 11:18:49 pm
      As I've said in another thread the only problem with forcing the issue in this current financial climate is ...... due to the recession the debt these two f**k witts have heaped on the club make buying us unattractive proposition for serious investors. The only attraction we have for any investors going for us at this moment is, we are a top 4 club in England and we are regulars in the Champions League.

Taking any action inside of Anfield (I.e turning your back on the football, walking out at half time or any of that bollocks) even in our away games could have a knock on effect on the pitch and affect the moral of the players.

The repercussions of such action could have a far greater consequence than many of you think.. Just imagine for a moment you take action at games (I.e turning your back etc) and it did get to the players and affected their performances on the pitch, this could be the difference between winning and losing games and could have a serious effect on our top 4 place and champions league football.

Now imagine if that was to happen and we were to lose the revenue they generate... the yanks have loans to service would it force us into Administration ?, would we be forced to sell our most valuable assests Torres, Gerrard to make our loan repayments ?, could it become a Leeds situation ?

Now I hate the Yanks as much as any one but my love for Liverpool FC far out weighs any hate I have for these two clowns and the last thing I would want to see is any of the above happen, Due to the debts these two muppets have placed up on the club we need to be competing in the top 4 and the champions league and hang on to our top players to attract any serious investors, so I'm all for demonstrating against the Yanks but not at the expense of the club, so IMO any ideas regarding demonstrations need to be carefully thought out to ensure that is not detrimental to Liverpool FC.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #105: Sep 11, 2009 11:26:46 pm
      I'm in 2015 on football manager Hicks and Gillette are still Chairman I've won the Champions League and League for the last 2 seasons and I've just gone into Admininstration I hope this is not a look at the future :)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,022 posts | 3352 
      Reply #106: Sep 11, 2009 11:47:18 pm
      Don't wanna bursts everyone's idea bubble but the world and his dog know our hatred towards these pair of F***ing con artists. All these flash ideas of banners, chants, walking out, leaflets or anything else won't make a blind bit of difference of getting the point across. Because the point has been made and I don't think it's made much difference. Possibly made the situation worse by making gob and sh*te dig their heels in even more to prolong the agony.

For months we cried that we wanted them to keep their F***ing traps shut rather than publicly announce the smallest details of the club. Shouldn't we now be following our own advice and just keeping quiet for the time being? The yanks know we don't want them here, they know we're livid with how the club is being "run" (and I do use the word run very loosely) so finding new ways to tell them we're not happy is just a waste of time, energy and money. It won't make any difference other than possibly having them dig their heels in even further in, if that's possible.

So just forget for them for now. It'd hurt them more if we're quiet than playing into their hands by shouting our heads off. Because in all honest I think that's they want from the fans, they wanna be seen as the victim.

The loud protests have got us nowhere other than further in debt. Maybe just try a silent protest.

Quick Reply