Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Summer Transfer thread: In's and Out's?

Read 38214 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Summer Transfer thread: In's and Out's?
      Reply #230: Jun 18, 2007 07:50:07 pm
      Which 'this week' is that then ?  Next week or last week..... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

and the only 2 stage plan is      1.  Open Cheque book
                                                  2.  Sign Cheque
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #231: Jun 19, 2007 02:57:10 am
      tell me why why can't be compared their both strikers both play off the shoulder villa is a class above torres who is average at best.

ive seen both strikers play in spain...and im also a big follower of both of them...they both play different styles. just like crouch and kuyt are different style strikers, and drogba and shevchenko play different styles.
      villa tends to get lazy, and sometimes doesnt chase. however, he's first touch on the ball, his speed on the ball and finishing is first class...
      torres is a different style striker...much taller than villa, can hold the ball up, turn players and is decievingly very quick for a tall lad (like berbatov)...
      what else do you wana know?
      chancey336
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #232: Jun 19, 2007 12:34:19 pm
      The current papers are saying we have made a bid for diego Milito for about 15 mil. ALthough many people may not consider him world class he is a striker who scores goals and rewards play with a finish. All the talk is about Torres, villa and etoo yet the stats show Milito scored 23 goals 10 more then torres and 9 more then villa this is the sought of player that will suite liverpool strong pacey, technical sound and knows where the back of the net is. He is a realistic buy for liverpool and I think the bright lights of 30 million bids for star strikers have gotten too bright for the boys from the us of A
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #233: Jun 19, 2007 01:29:10 pm
      ANOTHER OF RAFAS FIRST targets has just been snapped up.....

laquinta has just moved to juventus for 7.5 mill ( good player i have watched allot of him and i think thats cheap for a player who did play well at the last world cup also very young and good on the ground as well as good in the air. good player, well done juventus..............

Valencia were in for him but he chose to stay in his native playing stage
       >:(
      Rafa has been known to be a keen admirer of this young talent???????????

scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #234: Jun 19, 2007 02:55:43 pm
      diego milito is a good striker, im not doubting that...great finisher and hard worker...and i know he scored 23 goals in la liga...he actually topped the goal scorers list in la liga only due to ruud van neestleroy scoring 24 and 4 penalties....diego scored no penalties...
      and i know we've made a bid for him as well...
      firstly, he plays very similar to kuyt....
      secondly, i heard strongly that juventus have already snapped him up...
      lfcmadfan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #235: Jun 19, 2007 06:34:21 pm
      I think torres will come to anfield, athletico have not made it into the uefa cup and he said that he
      wd leave if they didn't qualify he also said that he admired liverpool and english football.
      Got a feeling F.Torres will be heading to anfield as A.Madrid did not qulify for europe and he could be more interested in coming to liverpool as he has already have good friends in liverpool. Althrough I would prefer Villa and Eto but but they have already say they are commited to their culb. so its a high possibility that torres will be heading to anfield as Rafa is interested in him too. do u alll agree?
      yes that's exactly what i read

What u on about mate sell riise, to be honest with u I think u dont know much about football or just that u dont know much about LFC coz for one riise plays at left back for most of the season and u think he should contribute with more goals than he does your telling me he cant cross a ball either remember WEDNESDAY 25TH MAY 2005 IN ISTANBUL WHO CROSSED THE BALL FOR GERRARD TO HEAD IN AND MAKE IT 3-1 RIISE! AND WHO SCORED THE FIRST GOAL FROM A FREE-KICK IN THE FA CUP SEMI AGAINST CHELSEA IN 2006 OH RIISE AGAIN! SO DONT TRY TELLIN US HE CANT PLAY FOOTBALL HOW ABOUT YOU SITDOWN AND WATCH SOME GOALS HE HAS SCORED IN THE PAST AND HOW MANY GOALS HE AS CREATED FROM A CROSS OR JUST HOW MANY CROSSES HE HAS PUT IN THE BOX OR MAYBE HOW GOOD OF A DEFENDER HE IS BECAUSE IN MY OPINION ONE OF BEST LEFT BACKS IN PREMIERSHIP IF NOT THE BEST
      Riise is a great player
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #236: Jun 19, 2007 06:52:39 pm
      am i the only one worried that we'll be chasing after average players for inflated prices come late july/august?
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #237: Jun 20, 2007 04:57:52 am
      Ard Mhacha Red....your not the one worried about us chasing average second-string players this summer....
      ive been fustrated, coz every year we buy average players...
      I think torres will come to anfield, athletico have not made it into the uefa cup and he said that he
      wd leave if they didn't qualify he also said that he admired liverpool and english football.
      yes that's exactly what I read

Riise is a great player
      how is riise a great player?? i would not call him great....
      constantly gets caught behind the ball on counter attacks, looses the ball too easilly, wont put his body on the line for tough challenges...
      he only has a great left strike...that is not a 'great' player...
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #238: Jun 20, 2007 10:59:49 am
      ive seen both strikers play in spain...and im also a big follower of both of them...they both play different styles. just like crouch and kuyt are different style strikers, and drogba and shevchenko play different styles.
      villa tends to get lazy, and sometimes doesnt chase. however, he's first touch on the ball, his speed on the ball and finishing is first class...
      torres is a different style striker...much taller than villa, can hold the ball up, turn players and is decievingly very quick for a tall lad (like berbatov)...
      what else do you wana know?

Villa gets lazy? Torres is a much lazier player than Villa, he hardly puts in any work & expects his team mates to do it all for him.

The major difference between them is their finishing. Villa is a clinical finisher, Torres, for all his silky skills, has no end product & would not solve our goalscoring problems.
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #239: Jun 20, 2007 01:20:46 pm
      Villa gets lazy? Torres is a much lazier player than Villa, he hardly puts in any work & expects his team mates to do it all for him.

The major difference between them is their finishing. Villa is a clinical finisher, Torres, for all his silky skills, has no end product & would not solve our goalscoring problems.
      thank you that exactly what i was thinking ,torres can be on the picth all game and sometimes you forget he's there but villa is always a threat.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #240: Jun 20, 2007 06:27:38 pm
      What u on about mate sell riise, to be honest with u I think u dont know much about football or just that u dont know much about LFC coz for one riise plays at left back for most of the season and u think he should contribute with more goals than he does your telling me he cant cross a ball either remember WEDNESDAY 25TH MAY 2005 IN ISTANBUL WHO CROSSED THE BALL FOR GERRARD TO HEAD IN AND MAKE IT 3-1 RIISE! AND WHO SCORED THE FIRST GOAL FROM A FREE-KICK IN THE FA CUP SEMI AGAINST CHELSEA IN 2006 OH RIISE AGAIN! SO DONT TRY TELLIN US HE CANT PLAY FOOTBALL HOW ABOUT YOU SITDOWN AND WATCH SOME GOALS HE HAS SCORED IN THE PAST AND HOW MANY GOALS HE AS CREATED FROM A CROSS OR JUST HOW MANY CROSSES HE HAS PUT IN THE BOX OR MAYBE HOW GOOD OF A DEFENDER HE IS BECAUSE IN MY OPINION ONE OF BEST LEFT BACKS IN PREMIERSHIP IF NOT THE BEST
      mate don't post in caps. Just because CH has a different opinion on a player than you, which he has given good reasons for you dont have to get pissed off you give your side of the argument. You said your reason why you think he is a good player in your post 'Why dont you sit down and watch some of he goals he scores' Would you buy a goalkeeper to tackle? Would you buy a striker to defend? No you wouldn't do any of them, so you wouldn't buy a defender to score goals you would buy him to defend. And just because he performs in most big games is no reason to keep him either, to win the league you need players who will perform for you week in week out.

Having said that i wouldn't sell him i would keep him as a squad player because he is good cover for any LB.
      PaintingTheTownRed
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #241: Jun 22, 2007 08:20:59 am
      I wouldn't mind us getting Benni McCarthy. He's clearly adapted to the premiership, second top goal scorer the season just gone in a fairly average blackburn team...I reckon we could get him in cheaper than all the prices being bandied around for Villa, Eto'o, Torres etc. Any thoughts?
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #242: Jun 22, 2007 02:45:45 pm
      I wouldn't mind us getting Benni McCarthy. He's clearly adapted to the premiership, second top goal scorer the season just gone in a fairly average blackburn team...I reckon we could get him in cheaper than all the prices being bandied around for Villa, Eto'o, Torres etc. Any thoughts?

McCarthy wouldn't be a bad shout, he'll certainly score goals but I think if he had the choice he would link up with Maureen again.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #243: Jun 22, 2007 03:43:59 pm

i wouldn't argue with that, then rafa would have a few dollars to get a decent winger to supply him.  he's shown he knows how to score in the prem, no doubt about it, the only concern i would have is his age, he'll be 30 at the end of the year. if the price was right though he'd definitely be an option.
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #244: Jun 22, 2007 05:05:37 pm
      good shout i had a descuisson about this with a few mates and they all seemed happy to see him join liverpool as he has prove in his first season he is a good premiership goal scorer
      liverpool07
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #245: Jun 22, 2007 07:13:54 pm
      he is also a good penalty taker not that gerrard should step down though
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #246: Jun 22, 2007 08:25:00 pm

McCarthy was quoted as saying his was flattered that Chelski had an interest in him and it was his dream to play in the Champions League, someone better put him straight, just cos you join Chelski doesnt mean you get to play !!  Look at poor SWP, sat warming the bench for most of the season, bloody waste if you ask me     ;) ::)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #247: Jun 23, 2007 01:01:19 pm
      Anyone seen the Liverpool Echo today? I can't see anything on the website but according to David Prentice, he's noted five top strikers Benitez will be after.
      Not only is there Fernando Torres, Carlos Tevez and Diego Milito.
      There's also Klaus-Jan Huntelaar (Ajax) and Arouna Kone (PSV Eindhoven) who we could be after.....
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #248: Jun 23, 2007 01:19:25 pm
      Anyone seen the Liverpool Echo today? I can't see anything on the website but according to David Prentice, he's noted five top strikers Benitez will be after.
      Not only is there Fernando Torres, Carlos Tevez and Diego Milito.
      There's also Klaus-Jan Huntelaar (Ajax) and Arouna Kone (PSV Eindhoven) who we could be after.....

Afternoon Kenny
      Interesting... take out the last two names and it wouldn't look too worrying!  Kone did bugger all against us in the Champions League.  Huntelaar?  Who is he?

Just want to bag Torres and get it over and done with.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #249: Jun 23, 2007 01:27:39 pm
      Afternoon Kenny
      Interesting... take out the last two names and it wouldn't look too worrying!  Kone did bugger all against us in the Champions League.  Huntelaar?  Who is he?

Just want to bag Torres and get it over and done with.

Afternoon Court.
      Yeah, I'd probably agree about taking the last two out mate. From what I've seen of Kone (check check the kone, hee heeee) he doesn't look up to much. As for Huntelaar, the only time I've seen him play was that first game in Arsenals Emirates Stadium, that Friendly game. Looked pretty decent. Still, another one who's got the potential label though...
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #250: Jun 23, 2007 02:17:47 pm
      huntelaar is quality 22 goals last season and a career total of 127 goals in 181 matches prolific i also like jefferson farfan from psv.
      redbooty1
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #251: Jun 23, 2007 10:38:07 pm
      ye prob right about riise, but he can show a bit of brilliance apart from his cracking shots, remember he ran the whole length of the pitch against chelski in final!!!!! but consistency is needed to compete
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #252: Jun 24, 2007 01:02:59 am
      i think liverpool are doing the right thing by not panic buying.  The americans are here for business and not to waste money.  Rafa is doing the right thing by waiting as in one hand torres is valued at 25-30m and the other henry is sold at 16m.  Its a game of patience and i think rafa is doing the right thing by waiting. 

Quick Reply