Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Summer Transfer thread: In's and Out's?

Read 38274 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Summer Transfer thread: In's and Out's?
      Reply #207: Jun 14, 2007 11:28:32 pm
      All Liverpool need for this season is three world class players, not 9 squad players! Against Milan we were nealy perfect, just lacked that quality in the final thrid.

Anyway I'm off, I'll be back on these boards when we next sign someone.. maybe tommorrow, maybe July, anyway Cya
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #208: Jun 15, 2007 08:53:17 am
      Nicola, I read this earleir today regarding Dudek:

http://www.aloadofw**k.com/article.php?id=43631

I've decided too not believe any of these articles coz there all sh*te
      A lot of them are sh*te but some have a bit of truth in like.
      Benfica heyyy!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #209: Jun 15, 2007 10:21:59 am
      IM SORRY...BUT SOME PEOPLE ON HERE DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT THEIR ON ABOUT. HOW.ON.EARTH CAN YOU SAY RISSE IS "CRAP" I WANNA SEE A VOTE MAN CUS RISSE IS THE MAN AND A HARD WORKER OW........AND HES ONLY GOT THE BEST LEFT FOOT IN THE PREMIERSHIP!!!! >:(

I take it you're referring to Crazy Horse's comment. Ok saying he's crap might have been a bit harsh, but out of all our defenders Riise is the one most prone to mistakes & the one I'd replace first. We're usually very good at holding a defensive line & playing the offside trap, however if one man isn't in tandem with the others then that man is usually Riise. He also goes to groung too early a lot of the time, giving a winger with any skill the opportunity to beat him & get a cross in. Problem is, he hasn't exactly got the right skills for the left wing either, he's not that great at beating a man, and his crossing can be woeful. His best position for us would probably be wingback, but will we play three at the back enough times to keep him happy? Personally I don't think we will. He wouldn't be first on my list of players to replace, and he does crop up with useful goals in big games, but within the next season or two I'd expect to see a replacement pushing him out of the first team.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #210: Jun 15, 2007 03:50:23 pm
      HAVE YOU SEEN ANY LIVERPOOL GAMES MATE, RIISE IS PROB ONE OF THE BEST LEFT BACKS IN PREMIERSHIP BUT THEN I SUPPOSE IF HIS GOT A CRAP CHANT THEN THATS HIS FAULT AS WELL. GET REAL !!!!!!!!

I would like to see a move for Wesley Sneijder , IT WOULD BE GREAT 2 HAVE HIM AT ANFIELD,HE'S A TOP PLAYER AND REPLACED VAN DER VAART AT AJAX
      PLAYERS I WOULD LIKE SEE GO :-
                                                   ZENDEN
                                                   KEWELL
                                                   GONZALES
                                                   BELLAMY
                                                   VORONIN-not much good from wat ive seen
                                                   PALETTA
      LOVE TO SEE ANY OF THESE 2 SIGN :-
                                                    VAN DER VAART
                                                     VICENTE
                                                    JOQUIN
                                                    ETO
                                                    TORRES
                                                    ALVES
                                                    LAHM
                                                    MALOUDA
                                                    SIMAO
                                                    QUARESMA
                                                    VAN DEN BORRE
                                                    INIESTA
                                                    DOS SANTOS
                                                    KAKA
      TALK ABOUT WISHFULL THINKING !!!!!!!!!! LIVERPOOL NEED 2 STOP BUYING GOOD PLAYERS AND START BRINGING IN GREAT PLAYERS, ITS ONLY WAY 2 WIN PREMIERSHIP,NOT WITH PLAYERS LIKE BENIYUON WHO WEVE BID FOR TODAY                                           

I am a Season ticket holder, Mate and I go to a lot of away games and I do a few European trips each season! Have you seen many games? Riise is a poor left back, he gets beaten easily by most wingers and is distribution is poor. I would be very supprised if there is any other Liverpool player that gives the ball away as much as John. Many people say he is better played on the left of midfiled, but I disagree with this too, as again his distribution is poor, his crossing is poor and he can't go past a man. The only thing he does offer is a decent shot from distance. Althougth most of these are high, wide and handsome! John Riise scores a whopper once every 10 or 15 games and then lives off it and the fans seem to love him for it.

Its all about opinions on the forum Lad and that is mine about John Riise, I don't think he is of the caliber of player that will win a championship, Man Ure, Chavski and Arsenal all have better left backs and he wouldn't get into their sides. Out of interest if Riise is in our starting line up on the opening day against Villa, just count the amount of times the lad gives the ball away, you will be supprised.

As for the Chant I feel embarrassed to be in a crowd singing "oooh aah", People singing this because they donut know the words to great reds songs like Liverbird or every other Saturday.
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2007 03:52:53 pm by Crazy Horse »
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #211: Jun 16, 2007 01:43:34 am
      i would just love to see torres and quaresma down at anfield....both young, and amazing to watch
      costello-2k7
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #212: Jun 16, 2007 02:22:50 pm
      what is up with everyone sayin riise is crap!!I think he is a class left back or winger!!We should keep him and sell
      ZENDEN
      KEWELL 
      GONZALES
      BELLAMY
      PALETTA
      AURELIO
      HYYPIA
      FINNAN  there all sh*te we need good replacements

i would like 2 see liverpool buyin

ETO'O
      TORRES OR DAVID VILLA
      VAN DER VAART
      JAQUIN
      QUARESMA
      WRIGHT PHILLIPS
      ALVES
      MALOUDA
      SIMAO
      MICAH RICHARDS
      AARON LENNON

even tough liverpool wud never buy all these!!
      we really need a world class striker that can score

RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #213: Jun 16, 2007 03:19:46 pm
      what is up with everyone sayin riise is crap!!I think he is a class left back or winger!!We should keep him and sell
      HYYPIA
      FINNAN  there all sh*te we need good replacements.

Are you for real? Hyypia and Finnan sh*te?!  ??? >:( >:(

Hyypia has been one of our most consistent centre backs in recent years and I guess you've obviously never heard the phrase 'Finnan - Unsung hero'...? These players are a million times better than sh*te and at worse Zenden was no good and Kewell has the potential to be a decent Liverpool player if he can find his way from the dressing room to the pitch and not the Physio's room. (They say time is a great healer, lets hope this is Kewell's time because I think it's fast running out for him...  :-\ )
      boblfcec5
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #214: Jun 16, 2007 05:17:20 pm
      ZENDEN
      KEWELL 
      GONZALES
      BELLAMY
      PALETTA
      AURELIO
      HYYPIA

I would like 2 see liverpool buyin

ETO'O
      TORRES OR DAVID VILLA
      VAN DER VAART
      JAQUIN
      QUARESMA
      WRIGHT PHILLIPS
      ALVES
      MALOUDA
      SIMAO
      MICAH RICHARDS
      AARON LENNON

Mate sorry i have to disagree with you on a number of choices of your players in and your players out. First i will start with the players out, you have listed Kewell, Finnan, Hyypia, Palleta and Auriellio. so out of this 5 4 are defenders but you are saying we should only bring one in????!! Are you mad!!? First off all Harry Kewell yes he has been injured but he is a class player and should be given another season to show his worth to the team IMO. Steve Finnan is juust mr consistant he rarely puts a foot wrong for us and was out leading assists man in the Champions league last season, yes sometimes he doesn't offer enough going forward but he is a good player and not one who should leave. Hyypia will get another season he is a great defender yes he has lost some pace but to be fair he never had much pace but his awareness and ability to read the game our second to none in our team! Aurellio is a good player when he was fit he did a good job for us and before he got injured was starting to look like a real quality player agin he should get another season. Finally Palleta yes he looked very suspect at times last season but give him a few years to improve his physical side of his game (strength, pace etc) then i firmly believe we might have a good player on our hands but give him maybe another 2 years in reserves and maybe occasional carling cup match not till then can we really judge him as a player.

Now for your players in first of all honestly how many time have you seen Van der Vaarrt, Qursema, Malouda and simao actually play i think not many so you are basing these players on what you have seen on either Football manager or fifa!! Which if i am being honest really iratates me because unless i have seen a player actually play more then once i wouldn't be fit to make an honest opinion on them. First of all Van der Vaart why would we need him he plays in the center of midfield or as an attacking midfielder so why would we need him when we already have Gerrard, Alonso, Momo, Mascharenao and the new brazillian Lucan Levia(sorry if spelt wrong) so don't think he will be needed in our team and the three wingers above i can on;y really comment on Simao who is a good good player and i would like to see at liverpool Have herd good things of Qurseama but i can only go buy other people's opinions and what i have seen on Football manager so can you tell me more of him, What can he add to the team? is he better then Simao? or Kewell? anyway enough of my rant just feel some off your choices to come in and to leave may not be the most informed opinion!!
      costello-2k7
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #215: Jun 16, 2007 05:18:26 pm
      Are you for real? Hyypia and Finnan sh*te?!  ??? >:( >:(

Hyypia has been one of our most consistent centre backs in recent years and I guess you've obviously never heard the phrase 'Finnan - Unsung hero'...? These players are a million times better than sh*te and at worse Zenden was no good and Kewell has the potential to be a decent Liverpool player if he can find his way from the dressing room to the pitch and not the Physio's room. (They say time is a great healer, lets hope this is Kewell's time because I think it's fast running out for him...  :-\ )
      I take that back finnan and hyypia arent sh*t but de rest are!!dont get me wrong i no hyypia has bin our most consistant centre back over the past few years but hes 2 old now and besides we have carragher and agger who are class.  And its the same with finnan hes good but we need a younger right back to replace him
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #216: Jun 16, 2007 07:16:46 pm
      I take that back finnan and hyypia arent sh*t but de rest are!!dont get me wrong I no hyypia has bin our most consistant centre back over the past few years but hes 2 old now and besides we have carragher and agger who are class.  And its the same with finnan hes good but we need a younger right back to replace him

Costello, i hope your posts get better, cos you talk utter and complete sh*te !!  ??? ::) ::)
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #217: Jun 16, 2007 11:04:34 pm
      ZENDEN
      KEWELL 
      GONZALES
      BELLAMY
      PALETTA
      AURELIO
      HYYPIA

I would like 2 see liverpool buyin

ETO'O
      TORRES OR DAVID VILLA
      VAN DER VAART
      JAQUIN
      QUARESMA
      WRIGHT PHILLIPS
      ALVES
      MALOUDA
      SIMAO
      MICAH RICHARDS
      AARON LENNON

i read posts like this and think thank god that this person is not our manager ,first of all how any fan of this great club could even say something as stupid as hyypia is  crap is beyond me he's without doubt a club legend everything great that we've achieved over the past 8 years he has been at the center of. to say that Steve finnan is crap is also a ridiculous statement after yet another solid season at right back with and number of great performances and assists I'd rather him at right back than Dani Alvis who i haven't been to impressed with and as for Arron Lennon his only asset is his pace , he beats his man then it's anybody guess where his crosses will end up.plus to say torres or villa thats like saying I'd have a metro or a Ferrari one's so far ahead of the other in every department it's not even competion.
      boblfcec5
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #218: Jun 17, 2007 10:47:23 am
      I read posts like this and think thank god that this person is not our manager ,first of all how any fan of this great club could even say something as stupid as hyypia is  crap is beyond me he's without doubt a club legend everything great that we've achieved over the past 8 years he has been at the center of. to say that Steve finnan is crap is also a ridiculous statement after yet another solid season at right back with and number of great performances and assists I'd rather him at right back than Dani Alvis who I haven't been to impressed with and as for Arron Lennon his only asset is his pace , he beats his man then it's anybody guess where his crosses will end up.plus to say torres or villa thats like saying I'd have a metro or a Ferrari one's so far ahead of the other in every department it's not even competion.

Agree with most of what you are saying but have to disagree with you on the Alves he is a great player maybe not the best defensively but as an attacking fullback he is one of the best in the Business i will try  and find some links to show you what i mean. And think your comparison of Villa and Torres is a little over the top!! But we are all entitled to our opinion.......unless it is complete rubbish like some our posting of late. Not a dig at you mate
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #219: Jun 17, 2007 11:06:16 am
      Agree with most of what you are saying but have to disagree with you on the Alves he is a great player maybe not the best defensively but as an attacking fullback he is one of the best in the Business I will try  and find some links to show you what I mean. And think your comparison of Villa and Torres is a little over the top!! But we are all entitled to our opinion.......unless it is complete rubbish like some our posting of late. Not a dig at you mate

i was just stating that villa is twice the player torres is and that i'd rather have finnan than alves who isn't to bad going foward himself.
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #220: Jun 17, 2007 11:35:06 am
      torres is still only 22 years old...villa is 25....and they're two totally different style strikers...so they cannot be compared.
      secondly, i would take daniel alves over stevie finnan anyday...finnan is one of those players that you label as "gets the job done"....however, alves does it with class, meaning and will add another dimension into our attack.
      pennant-de-legend
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #221: Jun 17, 2007 01:17:25 pm
      In's

Malouda
      Simao
      Alves
      Torres
      Milito
      Chivu
      Maybe Owen but i dont know

Out's
      Fowler(FREE TRANSFER)will be missed dearly..hes a legend
      Zenden(FREE TRANSFER)
      Dudek(FREE TRANSFER)
      Gonzalez (2-3)million
      Bellamy(11)million
      Cisse(5-6)million
      Paletta(1)milliion
      Aurelio(1-2)million
      benlfc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #222: Jun 17, 2007 11:42:14 pm
      Sell Riise, he's a crap defender with an embarrassing chant. His sole contribution to are team is to score 3 or 4 screamers a season apart from this he can't defend or cross a ball or beat a man. We should also get rid of Kewell he is a complete waste of space and he has robbed his wages from the club since he joined us.

What u on about mate sell riise, to be honest with u i think u dont know much about football or just that u dont know much about LFC coz for one riise plays at left back for most of the season and u think he should contribute with more goals than he does your telling me he cant cross a ball either remember WEDNESDAY 25TH MAY 2005 IN ISTANBUL WHO CROSSED THE BALL FOR GERRARD TO HEAD IN AND MAKE IT 3-1 RIISE! AND WHO SCORED THE FIRST GOAL FROM A FREE-KICK IN THE FA CUP SEMI AGAINST CHELSEA IN 2006 OH RIISE AGAIN! SO DONT TRY TELLIN US HE CANT PLAY FOOTBALL HOW ABOUT YOU SITDOWN AND WATCH SOME GOALS HE HAS SCORED IN THE PAST AND HOW MANY GOALS HE AS CREATED FROM A CROSS OR JUST HOW MANY CROSSES HE HAS PUT IN THE BOX OR MAYBE HOW GOOD OF A DEFENDER HE IS BECAUSE IN MY OPINION ONE OF BEST LEFT BACKS IN PREMIERSHIP IF NOT THE BEST
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #223: Jun 18, 2007 02:18:14 am
      riise is a good player...however, in the 2007 champions league in Athens, he was soft and lazy.... he didnt put his body on the line, and didnt chase. he is too casual with his play...
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #224: Jun 18, 2007 10:11:34 am
      What u on about mate sell riise, to be honest with u I think u dont know much about football or just that u dont know much about LFC coz for one riise plays at left back for most of the season and u think he should contribute with more goals than he does your telling me he cant cross a ball either remember WEDNESDAY 25TH MAY 2005 IN ISTANBUL WHO CROSSED THE BALL FOR GERRARD TO HEAD IN AND MAKE IT 3-1 RIISE! AND WHO SCORED THE FIRST GOAL FROM A FREE-KICK IN THE FA CUP SEMI AGAINST CHELSEA IN 2006 OH RIISE AGAIN! SO DONT TRY TELLIN US HE CANT PLAY FOOTBALL HOW ABOUT YOU SITDOWN AND WATCH SOME GOALS HE HAS SCORED IN THE PAST AND HOW MANY GOALS HE AS CREATED FROM A CROSS OR JUST HOW MANY CROSSES HE HAS PUT IN THE BOX OR MAYBE HOW GOOD OF A DEFENDER HE IS BECAUSE IN MY OPINION ONE OF BEST LEFT BACKS IN PREMIERSHIP IF NOT THE BEST

I am awfully sorry for having an opinion on a Liverpool player, you will have to forgive my petulance! If you read my posts I have given good reason why I don't think Riise is good enough to play for a Championship winning side. I have never denied that he has great games for Liverpool, where he will raid down the left wing shooting from all angles and bombbarding the opposition goal with great shots. But these games are few and far between. I have watched a lot of football and my opinion of Riise is that he shows you how great he can be and then you don't see it for 10 or 15 games. Liverpool have to bring in the caliber of player that would grace the side who win Championships, namely Chelsea and United, Riise wouldn't get into any of them sides. I'm sorry if the truth hurts but thats a fact.
      benny
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #225: Jun 18, 2007 12:33:57 pm
      Got a feeling F.Torres will be heading to anfield as A.Madrid did not qulify for europe and he could be more interested in coming to liverpool as he has already have good friends in liverpool. Althrough i would prefer Villa and Eto but but they have already say they are commited to their culb. so its a high possibility that torres will be heading to anfield as Rafa is interested in him too. do u alll agree?
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #226: Jun 18, 2007 01:23:03 pm
      I am awfully sorry for having an opinion on a Liverpool player, you will have to forgive my petulance! If you read my posts I have given good reason why I don't think Riise is good enough to play for a Championship winning side. I have never denied that he has great games for Liverpool, where he will raid down the left wing shooting from all angles and bombbarding the opposition goal with great shots. But these games are few and far between. I have watched a lot of football and my opinion of Riise is that he shows you how great he can be and then you don't see it for 10 or 15 games. Liverpool have to bring in the caliber of player that would grace the side who win Championships, namely Chelsea and United, Riise wouldn't get into any of them sides. I'm sorry if the truth hurts but thats a fact.

i agree with you mate...that what we should start thinking about all of our players and see if they would fit into a club that wins championships.
      riise does score some cracker goals...however, his performance in this years champions league final was POOR.
      benlfc, if you cant see that riise played a poor champions league final...and his efforts were poor, soft, and lazy (a true reflection of his EPL season performances)...your the one who doesnt have a clue mate..
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #227: Jun 18, 2007 03:13:12 pm
      torres is still only 22 years old...villa is 25....and they're two totally different style strikers...so they cannot be compared.
      secondly, I would take Daniel alves over Stevie finnan anyday...finnan is one of those players that you label as "gets the job done"....however, alves does it with class, meaning and will add another dimension into our attack.
      tell me why why can't be compared their both strikers both play off the shoulder villa is a class above torres who is average at best.
      liverpool07
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #228: Jun 18, 2007 04:20:30 pm
      we need a deadly striker so much crouch and kuyt are good but they ant hit 20 a season
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #229: Jun 18, 2007 05:47:31 pm
      George Gillette has spoken out in tonights Liverpool Echo about the co-owners plans to back Rafa in the transfer market. He says they had a two stage plan. Stage one was to look at the players at the club they wanted to keep long term and get these players signed up to long term deals. He says this is now done and they are ready to move onto stage two of their plan, bringing in the players Rafa wants at the club! So now it would seem we are ready for action! Lets see what happens, may be he meant there would be transfer dealings this week! There is a link below to the story.  ;)

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_headline=gillett--8217-s-anfield-pledge%26method=full%26objectid=19314153%26siteid=50061-name_page.html

Quick Reply