Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

New Liverpool sponsor - 20M a year Standard Chartered deal (2009)

Read 48657 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: New Liverpool sponsor - 20M a year Standard Chartered deal
      Reply #161: Sep 15, 2009 01:37:40 pm
      I think the DIC ship has now sailed, Unfortunately for us, although I wouldn't mind if they came back in or another Arab sugar daddy but quickly before Uefa bring in any rules counteracting Sugar Daddies.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #162: Sep 15, 2009 04:33:36 pm
      Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has been promised a bigger transfer kitty next year as a result of their new sponsorship deal.

The Reds have announced a record £80 million, four-year sponsorship deal with Standard Chartered Bank which will come into place next season.

Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow has confirmed the deal will enable the club to offer Benitez more transfer funds next summer.

"The fans will ask, of course, whether the money will stay within the club and they'll be pleased to know the revenue, profits and income is the club's," said Purslow. "It stays in the club, and our job is to support the team so we'll invest a sensible amount in our wage bill and a sensible level of profits in our transfers.

"As you drive your revenues forward, you try to generate profits and those profits will be used to invest in the future of the club, which, in football speak, often means buying players.

"From next summer, one of our key [income] lines, the revenue line, will be substantially increased as a function of this commercial agreement, so a normal ratio of that will go to the wage bill and my ability to support Rafa in the transfer market will be hugely enhanced.

"We want to be the best football team in the world and there is a pretty clear link between that and having the best performance off the field."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5560433,00.html
      « Last Edit: Sep 15, 2009 07:47:25 pm by StevieG123 »
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #163: Sep 15, 2009 06:48:07 pm
      Sounds great that
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #164: Sep 15, 2009 06:50:24 pm
      Any chance of the £80million in advance and a certain couple of Spaniards arriving here in January?  ::)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #165: Sep 15, 2009 08:08:13 pm
      Any chance of the £80million in advance and a certain couple of Spaniards arriving here in January?  ::)

I think all my wildest dreams and fantasies would come true if that happened, I'd need a bib with a drip tray for all the saliva that would dribble from my bottom lip.

Edit: Oh and a change of underwear for obvious reasons :D
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #166: Sep 15, 2009 08:39:55 pm
       I think we should have HITACHI and/or CROWN PAINTS brought back, seemed to do the trick as sponsors .ha
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #167: Sep 15, 2009 08:50:27 pm
      A bit late now for the suggestion ;) Give it 4 years and we'll see.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #168: Sep 16, 2009 04:24:02 am
      I think we should have HITACHI and/or CROWN PAINTS brought back, seemed to do the trick as sponsors .ha

I think we should bring back Dalglish and/or Barnes, seemed to do the trick as players  :f_tongueincheek:

This deal is great news for the club though, finally we're competing commercially with the Mancs. People need to stop moaning about what the logo will look like, FFS does that really matter? Anyway just because their logo has green and blue doesn't mean it will on our shirts. AIG's logo is white lettering on a blue background but you don't see that pasted on Utd's shirts.
      TheRedsFan
      • Forum David Johnson

• 219 posts |
      • Nunca Caminaras Solo...Te Amo Liverpool
      Reply #169: Sep 16, 2009 07:40:22 am
      I liked Carlsberg on the uniform, ever since I follow the reds they have been the sponsors, it going to be strange next season
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,686 posts | 6981 
      Reply #170: Sep 16, 2009 08:52:22 am
      Tommy Smith says

There is clearly a real focus now and lots of drive at Anfield from the men in charge.

You just don’t pull off deals like this if you’re not on top of the job. And clearly, for all the problems and broken promises from the American owners, at least we’ve now got two men in charge at the top who are not only very big Liverpool fans, who genuinely seem to care about the club, but who are putting big money where their mouths are.

The new deal to me signals Liverpool are back on the road and beginning to head in the right direction. That makes me proud.

Been smoking something.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #171: Sep 16, 2009 09:05:15 am
      would have preferred Sony or more specifically Playstation3 but money is money and at least it isnt one of the old big 4 banks who are all self serving vampires
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #172: Sep 16, 2009 10:05:28 am
      I liked Carlsberg on the uniform, ever since I follow the reds they have been the sponsors, it going to be strange next season

I imagine there's a lot of fans who feel that way, Carlsberg have been a part of the club for a long time now.

But we've had sponsors in the past who have been on the shirt during tremendously successful periods for the club, and they're now a part of our history, just like Carlsberg will be.

But the best thing to do is look forward. Standard Chartered are bringing some very welcome serious investment into the club for at least the next four years. Let's just hope the money they bring will be put to good use, and they help to bring more silverware to Anfield. The rest is purely esthetic.

I'm not old enough to remember the first sponsors arriving on our shirts, but I imagine that was a lot more shocking than just a name change. That might help people keep this in perspective.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,686 posts | 6981 
      Reply #173: Sep 16, 2009 10:12:24 am
      ^^ Good point well made.

Losing Alonso was a bigger blow than Carlsberg doing one.

The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #174: Sep 16, 2009 11:38:56 am
      To be honest I couldn't give a flying F**k what company name is on our shirt. Well maybe Armitage Shanks wouldn't be great, just as long as they give a large wod to Rafa for players.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #175: Sep 16, 2009 11:46:39 am
      Pointless fact, but this will be the first sponsor we've had in donkey's years that didn't start with the letter 'C'.

After Crown Paints, Candy and Carlsberg, I was wondering what would come next! :D

Still reckon 'Poundstretcher' would have been the best in terms of irony though.
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #176: Sep 16, 2009 12:02:20 pm
      Pointless fact, but this will be the first sponsor we've had in donkey's years that didn't start with the letter 'C'.

After Crown Paints, Candy and Carlsberg, I was wondering what would come next! :D

Still reckon 'Poundstretcher' would have been the best in terms of irony though.

Or Cash Convertors?
      Aidan Denny
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts |
      Reply #177: Sep 16, 2009 12:20:02 pm
      Reckon you probably sum up the general feeling amongst reds about this, mate.

Welcome to the forum.

Nice one, ......Cheers Ken.
      djandyl
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #178: Sep 16, 2009 02:43:32 pm
      I was rather gutted when we lost out on the title last season to ::) Because we lacked finances to put towards football as our sponsorship deals amongst other things were just not good enough, we lost to a team that is ruthless when it comes to marketing their brand, however sh*te it may be. This is a major step in the right direction, becoming the equal top team in footballing sponsorship in the world. Who gives a f**king sh*t if our tops don't look as good without Carlsberg, as sponsors they were not prepared to help us become what we know we can be, and thus were sh*te sponsors. I welcome anyone who is prepared to thrust Liverpool into the fore-front of football, and that is what S.C. have already done with this massive deal. F**k Carlsberg, welcome Standard Chartered.

Yeah, I know what you mean, last season was devastating, we all know how much hard work we put in, only for that scum to snatch it from us!! But at least you admit Carlsberg looks good on the shirt and yes deep down it truly is big step up and can only be a positive step. I guess its my ocd side not liking the change of a different sponsor, and I defo guess we'll be used to it after a few seasons. Maybe this will be part of us stepping up our challenge for that elusive league goal!!
      « Last Edit: Sep 16, 2009 02:50:05 pm by Bpatel, Reason: Sorted out the quote box for you. »
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #179: Sep 16, 2009 05:17:09 pm

At least we got a C in Chartered even it's not in front ;D!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #180: Sep 16, 2009 09:01:43 pm
      At least we got a C in Chartered even it's not in front ;D!

No..............CashConv erters.

Obvious choice and begins with a C.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #181: Sep 16, 2009 09:03:26 pm
      Sorry Shay.

Didnt see your first post above!

Unanimous choice then!
      djandyl
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #182: Sep 16, 2009 10:00:49 pm
      Cheers bpatel. Legend!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #183: Sep 16, 2009 10:53:11 pm
      £20mill ayear ? are you sure that's not just the bankers bonus.  Wonder how much Rafa will see of that. not a lot I think, not with £ 30 mill a year interest hanging over us.

Quick Reply