Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match today?

Fernando Torres
      (91.6%)
      Paul Mcshane
      (4.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (1.5%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (0%)
      Albert Riera
      (0.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (0%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (1.5%)

Liverpool 6 - 1 Hull City: Post Match Delirium

Read 20245 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: Liverpool 6 - 1 Hull City: Post Match Delirium
      Reply #92: Sep 27, 2009 02:48:33 am
      Was going to say the same thing. It baffles me how that guy didn't get a single yellow card.

He did.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #93: Sep 27, 2009 02:51:52 am
      Got home from the game 2010  hell of a ride home peddle to the meta,l  full report in the mornining Fernando fcking awsome.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #94: Sep 27, 2009 02:56:38 am
      hey guy only met you once could have sworn the guy in front of me was you i sung my bollocks off so you would know
      Job done.

Torres was just a class above anything in gold today, and being in the Anny Road it was lovely to see the movement out of him up close when he slotted his first two.

Thought Lucas had a very good game, some good passes too. Mascherano also looked hungry when he came on in the second half.

All in all though Hull were sh*te, fully expect them to get relegated if they carry on defending they way they did today.

And having seen this pic, just wondered if Gilllet is considering bumping off Hicks

And got some dodgy looking hitman to do the job!
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #95: Sep 27, 2009 03:02:54 am
      Job done.

Torres was just a class above anything in gold today, and being in the Anny Road it was lovely to see the movement out of him up close when he slotted his first two.

Thought Lucas had a very good game, some good passes too. Mascherano also looked hungry when he came on in the second half.

All in all though Hull were sh*te, fully expect them to get relegated if they carry on defending they way they did today.

And having seen this pic, just wondered if Gilllet is considering bumping off Hicks

And got some dodgy looking hitman to do the job!

I can only see a red cross, what's the pic of?
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #96: Sep 27, 2009 03:03:27 am

Oh my bad, I must've missed it then.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #97: Sep 27, 2009 04:11:11 am
      I was surpirsed that Babel was not listed as a choice for MOTM..He scored twice, he played solid in Torres spot and had a great match.  That kid always hustles, he plays fair, never dives or takes cheap or bad fouls.  I think and hope he can really start to play up to his expectations. Maybe todays showing will get in his head and he will realize he is a key figure in the greatest Football team on Earth.

Naturally anyone with the Hat trick (Torres) would get MOTM. However he should of at least been listed in the poll.

Does anyone realize that thae player for Hull "Hunt"..Looks like he fell to earth from 1976'.  That dude looks like a cheesy, b***ard with those short shorts and 70's haircut.   He is a f***in' tool.
      rio09
      • Banned

• 94 posts | -3 
      Reply #98: Sep 27, 2009 04:17:57 am
      we didnt even play that well. Yes we did score 6 but i thought 5 goal were from hull city poor defending. We can still improve our performances in order to win the leauge. mom did belong to toress a much needed good performance  today from toress
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #99: Sep 27, 2009 08:04:33 am
      we didnt even play that well. Yes we did score 6 but I thought 5 goal were from hull city poor defending. We can still improve our performances in order to win the leauge. mom did belong to toress a much needed good performance  today from toress

Good teams take advantage of poor defending. And make teams look poor. Hull would not have looked to be defending poor against another poor team as they wouldn't have been unlocked. Yeah we can play better but fully deserved the 6 goals as we got ourselves in the position to score 6.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #100: Sep 27, 2009 08:26:54 am
       Sadly I was unable to see the game but luckily for me they showed the goals on the news.Torres certainly appears to be back in top form and the goal from Stevie Gerrard was a cracker.I see we have the best goal difference in the league at the moment so if we get Agger back soon and tighten up the defence there will not be a team capable of stopping us.Go the mighty REDS.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #101: Sep 27, 2009 09:40:29 am
      Four hour journey up from the south coast with my son for his first game in a few years. What a result. Yes there were areas we might work on but Rafa will have seen those too. Last season we were too tame with the lesser clubs but this year we know to show no mercy. We thought Lucas was immense and had Torres not scored a sublime hat=trick he would have been a contender for motm in our opinio. Big shout out as well to the Hull City supporters. Great inside and out the ground...even heard one say..." i better change me shirt to yellow the way we gave up"  . 4 straight league wins and only 3 behind the mancs and chelski .... bring it on
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #102: Sep 27, 2009 09:44:36 am
      What a cracking result. Made up with that. That Torres bloke is sublime...3 wonderfully taken goals, made Hulls defenders look like they were wearing concrete boots.

Hope and pray the same Nando turns up against the Chavs.  He's on a mission is our Nando.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #103: Sep 27, 2009 12:04:49 pm
      This ald Torres seems to be a decent player ;) great performance and i am delighted that we were able to get a result vs a team who we slipped up against last season. I can't really on any individual performances as i didn't get watching MOTD but its clear to see, Nando is God! Anyone able to get their hands on a link to MOTDs highlights of our match for me?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #104: Sep 27, 2009 12:26:16 pm
      Where to start ,good ride up yesterday just over three hours got there early for a change ,met up with some fans that i first met in 2001 in Cardiff great to stay in touch ,and oh yes Fernando what can you say except ,every so often you get the chance to watch a genius with a ball that man has arrived and we are privileged to have him at our club ,if we can keep him fit this season then we are going to be mighty close my friends.
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #105: Sep 27, 2009 01:09:35 pm
      Great performance from Nando truly world class.Thought Lucas played well too starting to show what he can do,outshone Stevie G although he scored with a cross,was poor has not had a decent game all season really.He has such high standards & is struggling at the moment.Sure he will soon be back to his world class best soon.Sktel & Carra were awesome.Insua is making that LB spot his own. In all a very enjoyable day at Anfield. 
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #106: Sep 27, 2009 01:18:46 pm
      Seen match of the day last night and oohhh was torres on fire! He made his three goals look sooo easy and as for Gerrard's goal . . wow! Okkkk, so theres been some speculation whether he meant it or not, if he did, then absolutely amazing, if he didn't and it was luck . . then what a piece of luck! Nice for babel to get two goals aswell and overall from the highlights, a good all round team performance. Very pleased :)

On a different note, perhaps one maybe some of the ladies on here might have noticed ;) . .did anyone see torres' post match interview when he got the ball on MOTD? He was looking absolutely gorgeous in that suit haha and his smile  . . sooo cute! Rounded of the match highlights nicely i think!
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #107: Sep 27, 2009 01:21:13 pm
      On a different note, perhaps one maybe some of the ladies on here might have noticed ;) . .did anyone see torres' post match interview when he got the ball on MOTD? He was looking absolutely gorgeous in that suit haha and his smile  . . sooo cute! Rounded of the match highlights nicely I think!

I thought the exact same thing when i saw him at the end. :D He looked really smart in the suit and i love his smile, its really contagious.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #108: Sep 27, 2009 01:27:16 pm
      i love his smile, its really contagious.

That's exactly what I said in the MOTD thread. Even for a lad it is.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #109: Sep 27, 2009 01:29:54 pm
      Hah, who put McShite in there?
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #110: Sep 27, 2009 02:07:05 pm
      This is how we should always perform! Can't wait for the Fiorentina match :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #111: Sep 27, 2009 02:17:16 pm

Not me...
      timmj60
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts | -14 
      Reply #112: Sep 27, 2009 03:04:02 pm
      Hell thot i was in a creche yesterday in block221 upper anny.Me and my 16 year old son were surronoded by yummy mummys a yummy dadies who read there comics to there son and played with there barbie dolls.im not against kids asa i've been taking my son since he was 5.but as an oot not a day tripper was pissed off.
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #113: Sep 27, 2009 03:08:12 pm
      i said in my previous post that we needed a good result with a clean sheet, these are the type of games we should send out title warnings and for torres to carry on scoring. it was almost perfect! brilliant result, torres ran riot, dont mean to be fussy, just need to cut out silly goals. otherwise fantastic match and bring on Mutu and co.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #114: Sep 27, 2009 04:09:53 pm
      Hell thot I was in a creche yesterday in block221 upper anny.Me and my 16 year old son were surronoded by yummy mummys a yummy dadies who read there comics to there son and played with there barbie dolls.im not against kids asa I've been taking my son since he was 5.but as an oot not a day tripper was pissed off.

The Upper Annie Road is basically a playground. I havnt been in that stand since I was about 14 :D

Quick Reply