Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Is the Arab prince the answer?

Read 8925 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Is the Arab prince the answer?
      Reply #23: Oct 10, 2009 10:01:46 pm
      Looks like it is the answer, see the new thread!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #24: Oct 11, 2009 08:06:38 am
      This question can not be answered now, even if and hopefully when we see them sign on some form of a dotted line i will still be reserving judgement for a year.
      I remember sitting in a bar back home in Australia, me local pub, after a hard day on the farm. Me dad, me and a couple locals (miss that place, real close knit country pub) and the story about H&G taking over Liverpool was on the sports news on the TV. The pictures of them holding up the scarf, all that sh*te. Mate of ours Paul taps me on the shoulder, knowing im a Liverpool fan and says, "Dave, what do ya reckon about that?" My response? "f***in' fantastic mate, we have needed someone to come in for years now with some cash, these guys will be fantastic for us"
      How F***ing stupid does that sound now, feel ashamed for ever thinking it ::) So that is why i will not begin to comment on any new owners until i see production from them.
      Same as mate word for word except for the Aussie pub, but I suppose the vast majority were under the same illusion. Had off completely by those lying carpet baggers.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #25: Oct 11, 2009 06:39:28 pm
      If they did invest we would be in good financial hands as I am sure they would not want City to do better than us.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #26: Oct 11, 2009 07:28:51 pm
      Anyone taking over would be better than what we have at the club now but we would have to look more into it this time as somebody else said before "once bitten,twice as shy"
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #27: Oct 11, 2009 07:36:33 pm
      What puzzles me is the fact that after Gillett is paid off and fu**ed off if what we are told is true the buyer will have to throw his hand in with Hicks, probably the lesser of the two conmen but if it is Prince Faisal surely this would not be a suitable arrangement. His spokesman has stated that the Prince would eventually llike to own 100% of the club so exactly where that leaves the deal is anyones guess.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28: Oct 15, 2009 07:53:47 am
      Is he the answer?

Bit more progress reported in SkySports.com today October 15th 09.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #29: Oct 15, 2009 08:16:13 am
      What puzzles me is the fact that after Gillett is paid off and fu**ed off if what we are told is true the buyer will have to throw his hand in with Hicks, probably the lesser of the two conmen but if it is Prince Faisal surely this would not be a suitable arrangement. His spokesman has stated that the Prince would eventually llike to own 100% of the club so exactly where that leaves the deal is anyones guess.
      I wonder if his idea is to secure Gillettes  50% and then to put Hicks in a position where Hicks has no option but to sell his 50%.As you say it does not look like a suitable arrangement to have to work with Hicks.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #30: Oct 15, 2009 08:28:06 am
      Looking at how things have progressed, G&H are finished. Where is the stadium? If they could do without the prince, they would have already gone ahead with building it. Their game plan has been screwed by the financial crisis and we can safely guess that the ball in the prince's court.

I don't know about the prince, but he is likely a bigger fan than G&H who both wanted to use us in the first place. Hopefully he will splash the cash and take us further.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #31: Oct 15, 2009 08:29:29 am
      I wonder if his idea is to secure Gillettes  50% and then to put Hicks in a position where Hicks has no option but to sell his 50%.As you say it does not look like a suitable arrangement to have to work with Hicks.

I was wondering myself about what the working arrangements would be if he took control of 50% of the club.

Without wanting to get ahead of things too much, I just hope he would have th strength of character to put Hicks under pressure for the good of the club.

It wouldn't be a problem I don't think, he seems to be an astute businessman, but then again, we all know how stubborn Hicks can be. :-\

Still, I prefer this uncertainty, because with Gillett in the frame, the only thing we were certain of was that he was never going to invest in the club correctly.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #32: Oct 15, 2009 10:05:51 am
      I was wondering myself about what the working arrangements would be if he took control of 50% of the club.

Without wanting to get ahead of things too much, I just hope he would have th strength of character to put Hicks under pressure for the good of the club.

It wouldn't be a problem I don't think, he seems to be an astute businessman, but then again, we all know how stubborn Hicks can be. :-\

Still, I prefer this uncertainty, because with Gillett in the frame, the only thing we were certain of was that he was never going to invest in the club correctly.
      If the deal goes through (everythings crossed) it can only be a matter of time before Hicks gets the F**k off message and is dispatched in the same way as hopefully, George Gillett. If Prince Faisal gets the 50% stake he will conduct himself with impeccable acumen and strive for a 100% stake in the club.
      Arab business is carried out with religious efficiency and the thought of having a half share of a major investment under the control of some shyster must be abhorrent, the correction of the arrangement would be a priority for the Prince. Of course there are an infinite number of uncertainties right now but it's got be a vast improvement  on where we stand.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #33: Oct 15, 2009 12:21:32 pm
      If it's true the prince wants total control of the club surely it makes sense in a business capacity to build up confidence and a rapport with his future subjects, His advisers have clearly done there homework and see a partnership with Hicks as the best way forward, It's looks to be of a similar situation the Gooners have with Usmanov, He will eventually have total control @ the Emirates and i can see the same thing happening at the new Anfield, With Gillette gone and with him half the debt can only be a good move, Back that up with successive progress in the champs league the Prince can see what the future holds, He will know already or certainly have an idea where he wants our club to be, At the very top of the footballing world and if thats achieved with Hicks by his side then so be it, Just as long as he backs Rafa to the hilt and continues to invest the finances we so badly need then i can only see success, league titles aplenty and maybe even a few more Big Ears in the cabinet. 

Welcome to THE best football club in the world Prince Faisal.

YNWA    IRWT.
      karlp606
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #34: Oct 15, 2009 01:17:06 pm
      Something on Sky Sports News now apparently.
      mulki
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | -2 
      • You"ll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #35: Oct 15, 2009 01:21:04 pm
      i don't know if the arabian is a right person to take over the club...
      but..surely...i totally not happy with both of liverpool current owner...
      i have a confidence about the arabian...
      for me,..
      the buyers from east,..especially the person who have a strong finance like Prince Faisal Bin Abdulaah al Saud have a strong desire to make his takeover club being a great club in the world...
      maybe,..it's not about the money for them...but,..it's more to power...i mean,..who will get a "name"..
      it's natural for them....
      just look at MC...
      they aren't waiting for the money....
      they are waiting for the new players target...
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #36: Oct 15, 2009 01:30:03 pm
      Would be good news I'm sure... at the moment the fans/manager/players are not getting the financial backing we need to compete, although Rafa does a good job, its exactly the sort of sh*t that made him walk at Valencia! so any change is good. As long as we dont do it the Man shitty way buying up anyone decent... although I'd like occasional hard working loyal but expensive players Villa,Silva,Aguero, I'd still like to see rough diamonds developed Kuyt,Benayoun etc & more than anything i dont wanna see Adebeyor,Drogba type players. Its all about Rafa being given confidence and funds to buy who he wants, without the board getting involved and talking to the press.

but i feel this has to be good news along with the sponsorship.. Arab business men usually have good business brains, they aren't usually wasteful.. man city trillionaire the exception. so he should do it the right way.. The Liverpool Way.
      mulki
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | -2 
      • You"ll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37: Oct 15, 2009 01:45:58 pm
      yeah...
      the arabian would be a right person to takeover this beloved club...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,451 posts | 8658 
      Reply #38: Oct 15, 2009 02:01:17 pm
      The Prince will turn out to be an undercover reporter for the NOTW!
      Stevie-G-
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts |
      Reply #39: Oct 15, 2009 03:09:04 pm
      I sincerely hope this turns out good we have had enough bad times during the Yank's ownership and we need a bit of happiness now,hopefully he will come in and heavily invest so we can finally have a good enough squad to win the Premiership.And then possibly he can buy out the other Yank and we can move forward and be the dominating force in England once again.
      THE BIG RED 1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #40: Oct 15, 2009 04:43:37 pm
      I think the intial plan is to buy out Gillette and invest £20-£30million in January from rumour control.

Long-term, they'll buy out Hicks IMO.
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #41: Oct 15, 2009 04:53:50 pm
      I think the intial plan is to buy out Gillette and invest £20-£30million in January from rumour control.

Long-term, they'll buy out Hicks IMO.

I like this rumour, but it's probably just a gigantic lump of bullshit. :mad:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #42: Oct 15, 2009 05:32:18 pm
      I just find it strange that a company such as F6 who are supposedly a Saudi Arabia-based sports management firm and are worth ridiculous amounts of money that their website is currently under construction and the only way to contact any one through the website is via one telephone number and one email address.

The follwing is taken from http://www.sportbusiness.com/marketplace/organisation/f6

Telephone:
      1-949-706-7440

http://www.f6world.com

Email Address:
      barry@F6world.com

F6 is a global conglomerate that has areas of specialization in sports management, player representation, special events, facilities development, marketing and communications.

F6 has a number of high-profile athletes under management, among them Saudi star footballer Naif Hazazi.

F6 is based in Saudi Arabia and is active in sport development internationally, with a focus on the Middle East and North Africa.

I'd like to believe the Prince is our Knight in shining armour but after doing a little digging and finding stuff like this, I'm very much going to remain on the fence as I don't quite know what to make of it.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #43: Oct 15, 2009 06:17:28 pm
      Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #44: Oct 15, 2009 06:21:14 pm
      Yes he is the awnser because he could get rid off the two american muppets running our club
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #45: Oct 15, 2009 06:25:51 pm

He's full of it.
      Gillett of course i mean
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2009 06:59:30 pm by stuey »

Quick Reply