Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Is the Arab prince the answer?

Read 8831 times
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Re: Is the Arab prince the answer?
      Reply #46: Oct 15, 2009 06:33:00 pm
      If we get a Saudi owner could we place a fatwa on hicks.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #47: Oct 15, 2009 06:39:22 pm
      Daily Mirror today P71.Gillett says"the meeting this week with the Prince is about motor racing & football acadamies and NOT about selling shares in Anfield?? WTF!! ???
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #48: Oct 15, 2009 07:00:50 pm
      He's still full of it!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #49: Oct 15, 2009 07:15:23 pm
      I don't know if the arabian is a right person to take over the club...
      but..surely...I totally not happy with both of liverpool current owner...
      I have a confidence about the arabian...
      for me,..
      the buyers from east,..especially the person who have a strong finance like Prince Faisal Bin Abdulaah al Saud have a strong desire to make his takeover club being a great club in the world...
      maybe,..it's not about the money for them...but,..it's more to power...I mean,..who will get a "name"..
      it's natural for them....
      just look at MC...
      they aren't waiting for the money....
      they are waiting for the new players target...

The further east you go in business you come to understand something called "Face."

In the old days in the US and the UK you gave your word which was your bond.
      Now it means nothing. The only power (?)  is how much you can screw another person or a company over.

In the East if you give your word and break it, no one ever does business with you again.
      You have lost "Face".

Thats is why we should feel more comfortable about things.
      Losing face is everything and for them.....it aint going to happen.

Just get Hicks the f ---  out of the way.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #50: Oct 16, 2009 10:04:55 pm
      Sorry in advance if my post deemed offensive to some:

I agree with one of the post above, Middle Eastern people is all about honour and national pride. I mean if you look at the history of Arabs, you can see they are always about pride and national dignity. Pagan Arabs did fight among themselves eventhough they're just the same. It's like Pakistan and India, both seems to out do each other.

I guess it's the same even though now, Arabs are far more civilized than thousands of years ago, but the sense of pride and national honour never fades. So when the Saudis knew about Abu Dhabi involvement with Man City, they have to do something. They have to flex their muscles to be as wealthy as the Abu Dhabi's. I guess we can say that Gillett if he does sell his stake, there will be a great battle between the Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arab moguls. Power is everything to them and to outmuscle your adversary is your greatest accomplishment.

I can see if Prince Faisal do get a grip on 50% of Gillett's shares, he will do anything in his power to wrestle another 50% from Hicks. He will never bow to Abu Dhabi and he will do anything in his power to gain control of Liverpool. Then if he does assume total ownership of Liverpool I can see there will be a great tussle between us and Man City to attract bigger names. 
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #51: Oct 17, 2009 12:53:32 am
      No no no this is not the answer. We dont want to buy our way to the title and be another City or Chelski. Just get Hicks and Gillett out and bring back Moores ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #52: Oct 17, 2009 12:57:48 am
      No no no this is not the answer. We dont want to buy our way to the title and be another City or Chelski. Just get Hicks and Gillett out and bring back Moores ;)

Knee-jerk? :D

We will never be them as we have a history of success, but some extra investment on players is needed. I mean technically any team these days who wins a title in the big leagues is buying it, as they can afford to buy quality players that will win the league. It's no longer about academy's unfortunately, so we need to have the money to compete. It's just the way the world is now.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #53: Oct 17, 2009 01:07:10 am

I agree with one of the post above, Middle Eastern people is all about honour and national pride. I mean if you look at the history of Arabs, you can see they are always about pride and national dignity. Pagan Arabs did fight among themselves eventhough they're just the same. It's like Pakistan and India, both seems to out do each other.

I guess it's the same even though now, Arabs are far more civilized than thousands of years ago, but the sense of pride and national honour never fades. So when the Saudis knew about Abu Dhabi involvement with Man City, they have to do something. They have to flex their muscles to be as wealthy as the Abu Dhabi's. I guess we can say that Gillett if he does sell his stake, there will be a great battle between the Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arab moguls. Power is everything to them and to outmuscle your adversary is your greatest accomplishment.

I can see if Prince Faisal do get a grip on 50% of Gillett's shares, he will do anything in his power to wrestle another 50% from Hicks. He will never bow to Abu Dhabi and he will do anything in his power to gain control of Liverpool. Then if he does assume total ownership of Liverpool I can see there will be a great tussle between us and Man City to attract bigger names. 

Couldnt agree with you more.

LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #54: Oct 17, 2009 02:54:54 am

Lets just hope it happens. Im sure Gillete would love nothing more than us to get excited over nothing.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #55: Oct 17, 2009 12:34:33 pm
      Disturbing to read that we would buy our way to the title, Only the likes of the Chavs and Man shitty can be accused of that, Have a wee look at our trophy cabinet and maybe even a glimpse at our history and then judge  whether we are buying the title, FF'S get a grip!!

YNWA     IRWT
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #56: Oct 17, 2009 05:24:57 pm
      We're buying players like any other team but we've got too many players not good enough  still in the team.

Quick Reply