Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

The Beach Ball

Read 12539 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      The Beach Ball
      Oct 17, 2009 06:00:04 pm
      Just saw this in the paper:

New Star: Premier League teams to Jostle for Signature of Sunderland prospect Beach Ball

Four Minutes, Twenty-Eight Seconds. This is the moment a star was born at the Stadium of Light today in the Premier League match-up between Sunderland and Liverpool.
      Come the end of the game, Beach Ball's opportunistic strike was still the one that counted as Sunderland scored their first win against Liverpool for 7 years, and what a strike it was. World class positioning some are saying, as Beach Ball got between ball and keeper and diverted an otherwise standard save past a hapless Reina.
      Asked about his thoughts on the game, Beach Ball said, "Well, i was just in the stands enjoying the spectacle, trying to score a beer off someone when some dickhead just threw me onto the field! Thought, hey heres a chance to kick off my career, and it came. Really blessed i am, lucky the rules allow Beach Balls a chance in this league"
      After this he was mobbed by thousands of adoring new fans looking for a signature, which he unfortunately could not provide being he has no hands.
      Premier League clubs are reportedly already fighting over who will land the new stars signature, none more so than Sir Alex Ferguson, who remarked after his sides win against Bolton, "We at Manchester United are always looking for new ways to steal matches and points in any way possible. With the tapping up of referees seemingly fading out after Wiley's F**k up last week, Beach Ball really seems like the perfect type to fit into our corrupt system."
      Rafa Benitez refused to be drawn into the speculation, simply saying, "With two skint basterds at the helm of our club, we have no chance in signing Beach Ball, FACHT. We will try for his poorer cousin, Golf Ball, to replace Babel."
      Whatever happens with the Transfer saga beginning here, it is certain a new star has been born.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: The Beach Ball
      Reply #1: Oct 17, 2009 06:14:57 pm
      Isn't there a video floating round on the net somewhere of a naked chick scoring a goal against Pepe? He's going to have a very interesting highlights reel at the end of his career.
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Reply #2: Oct 17, 2009 06:21:08 pm
      What next a ref?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #3: Oct 17, 2009 11:01:35 pm
      Everyone does realise the mancs will have F***ing loads of these next week!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Oct 17, 2009 11:06:41 pm
      Everyone does realise the mancs will have f**king loads of these next week!

I thought that this afternoon  ::) the mancs should all be searched before they enter Anfield  :mad:
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #5: Oct 17, 2009 11:11:08 pm
      Just showed the kid putting it on the pitch on match of the day they blocked out his face though.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Oct 17, 2009 11:16:51 pm
      Just showed the kid putting it on the pitch on match of the day they blocked out his face though.

I bet he's feeling pretty pissed off tonight, the chances of that happening must be several thousand to one, bet he won't half get some stick from his mates as well.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #7: Oct 17, 2009 11:17:58 pm
      I bet he's feeling pretty pissed off tonight, the chances of that happening must be several thousand to one, bet he won't half get some stick from his mates as well.
      Wouldn't of wanted to be him when that goal went in.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Oct 17, 2009 11:20:40 pm
      Wouldn't of wanted to be him when that goal went in.

In Italy they would have had his guts for garters within minutes :laugh:
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #9: Oct 17, 2009 11:32:25 pm
      They blocked his face out on MOTD because they are sure his mates will give him a few digs tomorrow... He will be getting more than just a few "diggs"   >:D  >:(
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #10: Oct 17, 2009 11:42:22 pm

Deserves it.

No place for that kind of stuff at a football match. Go to the beach if you want to use one, hence the name 'beach ball'.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #11: Oct 18, 2009 12:11:44 am
      Deserves it.

No place for that kind of stuff at a football match. Go to the beach if you want to use one, hence the name 'beach ball'.

Precisely.

Plus the fact he physically punched it with the intention of it going onto the pitch. Knob head.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #12: Oct 18, 2009 12:21:59 am
      That F***ing beach ball.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13: Oct 18, 2009 01:09:57 am
      Wasnt a beach ball or balloon it was a space hopper. Bounce around all day on them but the fact is it came from the Liverpool end so who is the knob jockey who thought it would be fun to throw that on the pitch? Dopey pr**k 
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #14: Oct 18, 2009 01:14:02 am
      Manure will really have hundreds of them, I have got over the sickness of it now and have to laugh about it because I know I would pee myself if Manure conceded a goal in such circumstances.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #15: Oct 18, 2009 01:18:24 am
      I wonder why no one put the beach ball out of the pitch? Were Sunderland attacking us from the moment the ball came onto the field till they scored?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #16: Oct 18, 2009 01:40:05 am
      I've said it before and I'll say it again.

It wasn't a beach ball.

It was Steve Bruce's head.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17: Oct 18, 2009 04:45:34 am
      We're going to be laughed at for years to come because of this.

Why do we always have such sh*t luck  ???
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #18: Oct 18, 2009 05:17:01 am
      Imagine if it had been going in the corner for a goal, had already beaten the keeper and the beach ball deflected it wide.   What would be the ruling then?   

I mean this beach ball sh*t can work two ways, maybe teams will start hangiong them off the f***in crossbar in years to come.

Any thoughts?
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #19: Oct 18, 2009 07:04:39 am
       :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #20: Oct 18, 2009 09:00:07 am
      yuk

The guilty culprit
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #21: Oct 18, 2009 09:18:42 am
      I wonder why no one put the beach ball out of the pitch? Were Sunderland attacking us from the moment the ball came onto the field till they scored?
      Sunderland were moving forward as it came on if anyone had moved and kicked the beachball off the pitch it would have probably created a chance for sunderland.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #22: Oct 18, 2009 10:00:42 am
      In the first minute it showed Pepe's goal, the beach ball was in our goal at the time.

Could Pepe have not thrown it out of the goal or alerted the ref/steward/4th official??

Quick Reply