Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Am I being too extreme

Read 13189 times
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Re: Am I being too extreme
      Reply #23: Oct 19, 2009 10:57:21 am
      Beleive me lads when I say I hope to F**k your right and I have it all wrong, but I won't be buying a ticket for that cruise with Mickey & Donald, I'll stay in the real world.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #24: Oct 19, 2009 10:58:57 am
      My take on it is we're still only in October.  It's way too early to be writing us off.  Saturday was a bad day, but you get them.  Days when nothing goes right.  It's frustating to put it mildly but every team is going to have a game like that.  That's football for you.  Yes, we are off the pace right now, but so what?  As others have said, the gap between the "big 4" and other teams does seem to have narrowed.  All the old Big 4 have struggled at times, and that will continue.  So far this season, I don't think we have turned up yet except for the three home games against Stoke, Burnley and Hull.  In those games once things started to go well for us, things started to click and look at the results, two 4-0s and a 6-1.  The other game where I thought we were alright was against the chavs.  Ok, we lost but we were not outplayed in that game and had we had the run of the ball, we could even of won that game.  I don't know why we don't get out of the blocks quicker in matches, I really hope that changes soon.  I believe it will.  We have the same players as last season apart from Xabi, who I do think we miss.  But he's gone, and last season wasn't just the Alonso show, we had plenty of other heroes all over the pitch.  Too many players are struggling for form so far.  But they are the same players as last season and things will pick up.  Just hope it's sooner rather than later.

What's different for me this season is not our start so much, we are often slow starters, but it's the other teams starts.  They are not miles ahead of us at this stage like they have been in other seasons.  It's still all there to play for.  IRIT YNWA
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Oct 19, 2009 11:02:19 am
      I don't hear no fat lady singing and even if I did I'd gag the fat fugga. The league is never over until its mathmatecally impossible anything can happen over a course of a season who's to say UTD, Chelsea Arsenal are not going to hit a run of poor form ?, it does happen, what we have to take into account here is we've had a poor start to the season but in not one game has Rafa been able to put out what he would consider his strongest Starting XI, with the return to fitness and form of our key players we will get some consistency and start stringing together some decent results.

All the top teams are going to drop points somewhere along the line this season as UTD Arsenal and Chelsea already have so to say its over this early in the season especially considering if we take 3 points of Utd is laughable at best, If we do manage to take 3 points of UTD it could just give the lads the confidence boost they need to go on a put a good run of results together so I'm counting nothing out at this stage. Instead of the negativity try chanelling your energies into getting behind the lads and the gaffer and be vocal in your support and roar our lads onto victory thats the Liverpool way. YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,495 posts | 8677 
      Reply #26: Oct 19, 2009 11:08:07 am
      No your not being too extreme, the tiltle is over for us this season and anybody who thinks otherwise is living in F***ing Disneyland.

Would you of walked out of the Attaturk at half-time?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #27: Oct 19, 2009 11:10:48 am
      Fat lady is still munching away on her tucker mate, and she's only on her first serve. She knows there's a long way to go ;)

Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #28: Oct 19, 2009 11:12:15 am
      It really does piss me off to see Liverpool fans giving up on their team, that's not the Liverpool way. If we 'supported' Manure or the Chavs, then I could understand people giving up on their team as there is no glory there for you to feed on.
       One word should describe to all the real fans that we shouldn't give up hope, and that word is Istanbul. As for all the 'fans' saying that we are no way going to win the title, get a F***ing grip and get behind your F***ing team.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,310 posts | 2772 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #29: Oct 19, 2009 11:24:57 am
      Nice one Keith for being rational, if a manc b***ard (;)) can think this one out well, how come some of you can not? And the mancs know as good as any, was it 12 points behind Newcastle you were alot later in the season and you came back?
      Miracles are possible.

Yes it was 12 points, not in October as well. I think it was December but can't be sure. Not that it matters anyway. I just think some of you young uns throw the towel in after 1 round.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #30: Oct 19, 2009 11:28:36 am
      God coming on here has been the shot in the arm i needed to cheer myself up after the weekend disaster,f.f.s people get a grip.

O.K we have made a sh*te start but things tend to get better and what a couple of games to do it in against lyon and the binbags.

Two positive results from these games and everyone will be happy again,all teams are dropping points so lets not start chucking ourselves of bridges.

Remember the words of our anthem about walking through a storm?????come on people theres along,long way to go..

Sorry if I'm being to positive for some moaning gits but this weekend will not define the season......plus i got a shag this weekend so not all bad.ha ;D ;D ;D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #31: Oct 19, 2009 11:31:50 am
      The depressive qualities of alcohol really are apparent in the whole wording on Kop Cnuts post. I for one wish he's post again so we know he was just a bit fed up.

Someone said earlier about 'new posters' being optimistic, my post count may be low but my optimism as regards LFC always remains as high as i can keep it, until there's no hope I'll always have it. I had it before Istanbul and I'll have it till i die, i class it as a quality.

We WILL win the Premiership, of that I'm sure.

Lastly, Kop Cnut, try not to think about LFC when your boozin lad and look around you cos i think you may have other things you need to concentrate on to ease your mind.

YNWA
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #32: Oct 19, 2009 11:33:13 am
      Guys don't worry, there is still hope. The Scums lost 4 and drew 6 and won the title last year. Don't give up on the team. Yes we lost 4 but we have not drawn any yet. Although we did not play well in the last game, there are still enough matches to turn things around.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #33: Oct 19, 2009 11:36:48 am
      What annoys me is that this year as you all keep saying other teams are dropping points. Our team is pretty much the same except Alonso and we could be in a much better position than we are now. We must start capitalising on the points the others are dropping. We have only beaten the crap so far and have lost to anyone half decent and that worries me.

The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #34: Oct 19, 2009 11:38:09 am
      Would you of walked out of the Attaturk at half-time?

This is the kind of sh*te comment I hate on this site. I'm offering my honest opinion about the title and our chances of winning it. Read my posts, I never said anything about not getting behind the team or supporting our lads.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,987 posts | 5046 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #35: Oct 19, 2009 11:43:53 am
      OMG! kop cnut, Ive never heard so much crap, your such a defeatist, Pissed up or not, I'm sorry mate but c'mon, Today your going to wake up read what you have posted and fall into that big hole you dug ,Lets look at it positively, Take any side in the prem, Take out the spine of their side, Add a debutant, Another who is playing his first competitive match for months, A regular who's not renowned for his passing ability and others who are clearly out of sorts, Result... a lack lustre performance, Another 3 Pt's lost and the Lets hound the manager out of English football brigade ammunition, Questions...Whats the difference from last season? What's missing from last season? To me and most it's obvious, Someone who can pass the ball accurately, Read the game and have the vision of what's going on around him, Seek out the killer delivery to the frontmen to run onto..... Enter Aquillani... Once we get him match fit IMO you will see us improve, That's what we are missing,Yes i agree we have a relatively small squad but we've also been short in funds promised by the two F**k wits, In that department Rafa's hands are tied, Please be more positive mate it's not all that bad, Yeah we've lost 4 now now, We may lose again who knows? but I remain up beat about the rest of the season, I believe this seasons going to be different totally from previous ones in the fact that the top 4 are not going to be as dominate as before, Chavs lost again, Manure peaking to early IMO,Plus the likes of Villa, M shitty and the Yids will gain points from the so called big four, Keep your chin up la, Its not all doom and gloom.

YNWA    IRWT.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #36: Oct 19, 2009 11:54:46 am
      Its not the fact that we've lost four games already, the thing that dampens my hopes is the form of the team. Even with Gerrard and Torres we haven't been playing good at all. Way below par. Our season depends on way too many factors that are out of our hands. We need other teams to faulter. We need Aquilani to be an awesome buy, something we have to idea of at the moment. And we'll probably need some luck along the way because I have a feeling we have a few more terrible games ahead of us. Race is not over, just out of our hands.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #37: Oct 19, 2009 12:02:51 pm
      Form can be changed though.  If we're at or near 40 points at the half way stage than we've got an exceptionally good chance of winning the league.  If we get 15 points from our next 9 games then it won't be this year.

I don't think anybody is thrilled with our sparkling displays so far.  But we have only dropped 12 points so far this season.  We dropped 28 last year and had our best ever Premier League points total.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #38: Oct 19, 2009 12:11:22 pm
      Pick yourself up mate, you will be saying the opposite if we go on a run, starting tomorrow. it's not all doom and gloom, we have important games this week and I expect a reaction from us, the players will want to put things right, also in the Lyon game I expect we shall get a look at our major summer signing Aquilini, I think Rafa could start him and maybe give him 60 minutes, that has to give the team a boost. So cheer up mate and don't be to hard on yourself....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,495 posts | 8677 
      Reply #39: Oct 19, 2009 12:22:55 pm
      This is the kind of sh*te comment I hate on this site. I'm offering my honest opinion about the title and our chances of winning it. Read my posts, I never said anything about not getting behind the team or supporting our lads.

Well I hate 'supposed' fans who give up after a defeat.

Grow a spine FFS!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #40: Oct 19, 2009 12:28:47 pm
      This thread needs a little of this IMO

You'll Never Walk Alone Liverpool V Barcelona
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #41: Oct 19, 2009 12:32:02 pm
      ^ A lot of threads on here need a bit of YNWA.

Always does the trick.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #42: Oct 19, 2009 12:37:47 pm
      Its got me feeling optimistic.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,495 posts | 8677 
      Reply #43: Oct 19, 2009 12:38:51 pm
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #44: Oct 19, 2009 12:50:41 pm
      It is far from over... but we need to do the Manc scum, then its four points. No better time to stick a bet on Liverpool 16/1 to win the league. I'll be having some of that  ;D
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #45: Oct 19, 2009 12:51:16 pm
      Well I hate 'supposed' fans who give up after a defeat.

Grow a spine FFS!!

That's how the mancs and chavs talk to each other ye pr**k. This club's better than that. Use your head when you start slagging off other fans.

Quick Reply