Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Am I being too extreme

Read 13192 times
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: Am I being too extreme
      Reply #69: Oct 19, 2009 02:54:18 pm
      And whats wrong with a manc being on this site?
      Keyboards designed for 4 fingered webbed-handed inbreds are not compatible with the software on here.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #70: Oct 19, 2009 03:21:21 pm
      In my opinion the title race is over.I have been a Liverpool fan all my life, and in my my opinion this is the worst squad we have ever produced

So.

How old are you?

Three?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #71: Oct 19, 2009 03:22:29 pm
      I don't see how this is remotely the worst squad ever produced?

Don't you remember a few years back when we had the likes of Diouf as a first team player?
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #72: Oct 19, 2009 03:25:07 pm
      If my topic gets locked then so does this. Sort it out JD, consistency please.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,311 posts | 2772 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #73: Oct 19, 2009 03:40:04 pm
      Keyboards designed for 4 fingered webbed-handed inbreds are not compatible with the software on here.

You go on the kiddies section young man, as that's where you belong.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #74: Oct 19, 2009 03:45:17 pm
      You go on the kiddies section young man, as that's where you belong.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,499 posts | 8678 
      Reply #75: Oct 19, 2009 03:52:10 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,311 posts | 2772 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #76: Oct 19, 2009 04:10:24 pm
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 228 posts |
      Reply #77: Oct 19, 2009 04:13:49 pm
      I don't see how this is remotely the worst squad ever produced?

Don't you remember a few years back when we had the likes of Diouf as a first team player?
      That was the drink talking,This isn't the worst squad we have produced not by a long shot but it is very shallow when we look to change games by bringing in the likes of  Voronin,Ngog,and Babel,when Man Utd can bring on Giggs,Valencia,Owen,and some unknown 17 Italian that probably one the league for them with his 2 goals. that's what wins you the league,yes we have a better first XI,but that's not what wins you the league a good squad is and this season we have went backwards selling Alonso our player of the season last year and only spend half the money outlines just how much ambition we have,

Aqualiani is a very good player i watch a good bit of Serie A and he was good when he played but not compared to Alonso,Mascherano is acting like he doesn't want to be here and most of his performances have been under par
      No I'm 18,says the man with a f***in ice avater

someone posted earlier not to think of liverpool when your out boozin in general i wouldn't come on here after a night out but i was in a house with about 10 mancs and all that was talked about for the whole night was a f***in balloon

and after reading JD's post about abandoning games not working he has a point in saying for every one person willing there would be another three   there with cameras,but at the end of the day something has to be done,they dont give a F**k if the fans hate them as long as they make money so we have to hurt them in their pockets,how i dont know ?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #78: Oct 19, 2009 04:16:40 pm
      I'm not gay so I don't swallow. ;)

You lot can do your little song but we'll have the last laugh come end of game.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #79: Oct 19, 2009 04:21:22 pm
      It's still 29 games to go and another 7 months till the end but there's lots of you idiots who already conceded! In Istanbul we only got 45 minutes to revive our CL dream but still we did it right lads? So what's the fuss about us losing 4 games and throwing the towel? C'mon be positive and try to look things on the brighter side. We are 8th at the moment and seems already some of us looking it as we are already out of contention. We are 8th not 18th, so please shut the f**k up! Liverpool doesn't need these negativisms but it needed us to stand as one and continue cheering.

I just wonder after Sunderland loss, there's been topics about Rafa being the right man or our current position or even wanting to sack Rafa. Kop Cnut, I do understand your worry and trust me it too bothers me but accepting defeat? Well, for starters it's not the Liverpool way. You sang quite a lot of YNWA but really, do you really understand what it truly means? If you're a truly mad Liverpool supporter you should know the meaning of At the end of the storm, there's a golden sky. We are right now in a storm but hell no will it be a permanent one. You sang it everytime we play and should hell know the storm is just temporary, there will be a golden sky waiting for us. Just hold your head up high and we'll weather the storm together.

Keith, I know you're a manc but thanks for your positive and thoughtful post while some us didn't appreciate the meaning of being a fan. You can criticize or giving your opinion whether it's on Rafa or the owners, but accepting defeat is well out of question. Some of us said that Torres was not playing his best ( I forgot who), while he's not playing his best his 8 goals should have been the best answer to counter all those negative remarks of his performance. Tevez didn't score that much is he? Rooney also or even Van Persie.  As for Gerrard, like I've said before just wait for Aquilani and you'll see the Gerrard you knew.

Let me remind of what I said earlier

★LIVERPOOL FC vs AC MILAN // IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING **NEW** ★720p ||HD|| (ENGLISH COMMENTARY)
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #80: Oct 19, 2009 04:35:14 pm
      Anyway the answer is... Yes my friend you are being too extreme! ;-) topic locked.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #81: Oct 19, 2009 04:48:32 pm
      This time next week, after we get our CL campaign back on track and close the gap at the top to four points (yes, just 4!) some people on here will sit down and go 'What the F**k was I on about last week?'

Hold your horses, we're 9 games into the season and no team look like running away with it. And we're Liverpool, so nothing's over till it's mathematically impossible. And even then I'd still think we could win it somehow. ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #82: Oct 19, 2009 04:50:45 pm
      The only way you could have been anymore extreme following the results is to tie a noose around ya neck and jump off the nearest bridge in my opinion.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #83: Oct 19, 2009 05:08:48 pm
      I think most of us react emotionally straight after a bad result but by Monday I think most people put it into perspective. A few good wins on the bounce Aqualani getting in the side and we will be back on track. Stevie is back for the Lyon game so he is worth two of everyone else anyway and Fernando will be ready for UTD so onwards and upwards.Two good wins this week and the world will seem a better place.Personally I hopw we win just to ease the pressure on Rafa and hopefully we can see  him smile.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #84: Oct 19, 2009 05:15:44 pm
      It's still 29 games to go and another 7 months till the end but there's lots of you idiots who already conceded! In Istanbul we only got 45 minutes to revive our CL dream but still we did it right lads? So what's the fuss about us losing 4 games and throwing the towel? C'mon be positive and try to look things on the brighter side. We are 8th at the moment and seems already some of us looking it as we are already out of contention. We are 8th not 18th, so please shut the f**k up! Liverpool doesn't need these negativisms but it needed us to stand as one and continue cheering.

I just wonder after Sunderland loss, there's been topics about Rafa being the right man or our current position or even wanting to sack Rafa. Kop Cnut, I do understand your worry and trust me it too bothers me but accepting defeat? Well, for starters it's not the Liverpool way. You sang quite a lot of YNWA but really, do you really understand what it truly means? If you're a truly mad Liverpool supporter you should know the meaning of At the end of the storm, there's a golden sky. We are right now in a storm but hell no will it be a permanent one. You sang it everytime we play and should hell know the storm is just temporary, there will be a golden sky waiting for us. Just hold your head up high and we'll weather the storm together.

Keith, I know you're a manc but thanks for your positive and thoughtful post while some us didn't appreciate the meaning of being a fan. You can criticize or giving your opinion whether it's on Rafa or the owners, but accepting defeat is well out of question. Some of us said that Torres was not playing his best ( I forgot who), while he's not playing his best his 8 goals should have been the best answer to counter all those negative remarks of his performance. Tevez didn't score that much is he? Rooney also or even Van Persie.  As for Gerrard, like I've said before just wait for Aquilani and you'll see the Gerrard you knew.

Let me remind of what I said earlier

★LIVERPOOL FC vs AC MILAN // IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING **NEW** ★720p ||HD|| (ENGLISH COMMENTARY)

I still get a lump in my throat and a tear in my eyes when I see that.The ultimate pick me up.Come on you Reds.All you doom and gloomers find somewhere else to bring your negativity we dont need it here.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #85: Oct 19, 2009 05:33:58 pm
      Its certainly bleak and their are some storm clouds in the distance. But, this is football. Anything can happen.  League leaders can lose their top scorers, beachballs can float down from and change a game.  Anything can happen.  Until the final game of the season, I'm not giving up on anything.

Transfer coming up, teams may help themselves or doom themselves, its a toss up.  I'm going to watch the Lyon match. See how we play, see if Rafa has made some changes and enjoy the game.  Thats all it is, a game.  If its ruining your life and causing ulcers and panic attacks then you may need to take a break for a while.  If not, then watch the matches, root for LFC to score 6 and move on.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,311 posts | 2772 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #86: Oct 19, 2009 05:42:02 pm

Keith, I know you're a manc but thanks for your positive and thoughtful post while some us didn't appreciate the meaning of being a fan. You can criticize or giving your opinion whether it's on Rafa or the owners, but accepting defeat is well out of question. Some of us said that Torres was not playing his best ( I forgot who), while he's not playing his best his 8 goals should have been the best answer to counter all those negative remarks of his performance. Tevez didn't score that much is he? Rooney also or even Van Persie.  As for Gerrard, like I've said before just wait for Aquilani and you'll see the Gerrard you knew.

Macca

There are times when you just have to take defeat on the chin no matter how well / bad you play. Even when Torres doesn't have a good game he still plays well by many standards. He is without question the best striker in the PL. I don't think even the most ardent of United fans could argue with that ( all though they would ;D ). Would love to see Torres along side  Rooney in the same team.

As for Gerrard?. Well what can i say about him that you lot have not already said. For his position, he's simply the best.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #87: Oct 19, 2009 05:53:58 pm
      Just remember Istanbul and we'll continue fighting till the end!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,311 posts | 2772 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #88: Oct 19, 2009 06:10:23 pm
      Just remember Istanbul and we'll continue fighting till the end!

I remember it well. I was on my way back from Reading Greyhound stadium with good friend Ian Aylward. ( born and bread scouser ). Hes a greyhound trainer that trained some of my dogs. We had a dog running that nite called Baliff Diesel so he couldn't watch the match. However, he did send his son over to Istanbul. Anyway, he had the radio on all the time for the second half. He didn't believe me when i said you were losing 3-0 ;D. He phoned his son to confirm i wasn't lying ;D.

All though its history to you guys now, being in a van with a scouser when Liverpool scored 1 -2 -3 goals is a sight and sound i will never forget ;D. He was even jumping on this manc ba$tard saying i can't believe it " i can't believe it" was the cry. Hearing you guys on the radio in full voice singing YNWA brought a tear to his eye. If i'm honest, me too.

Going on to win it by penalties was probably one of the greatest / if not best, come backs in Champions League history, uniteds being second ;D
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #89: Oct 19, 2009 07:50:52 pm
      Simply the best game EVER.

That's what Rafa's inspiration can do.

And of course our Red Army.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #90: Oct 19, 2009 08:33:49 pm
      Whilst some may reminisce over past glories (Istanbul) that was I am afraid luck and a chain of events never heard of before.

Reality is that we are not good enough and anyone who believes we will win the league needs to wake up.

We are a club in freefall in my opinion and in severe danger of playing Europa League football next season.Rafa's position is in doubt in the sense that I believe he can no longer rely on the excuse of lack of resources.He has had long enough to build this team and made too many transfer mistakes.

The best thing H & G could do is sell now or risk losing further value of our club,as we may be without our Champions League revenue next season and will the banks be satisfied with that?

I pray those Arab's can rescue this club and quickly (likely to be holding out on the club losing further status and then buy cheap).

Anybody who believes that Rafa can get us out of this deficit is wrong and I only hope we can attract new investment and....a special one.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #91: Oct 19, 2009 08:35:48 pm
      And please feel free to quote me if we win the league but recognise that will never happen under this regime.

Quick Reply