Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Am I being too extreme

Read 13086 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Re: Am I being too extreme
      Reply #92: Oct 19, 2009 09:34:59 pm
      Anybody who believes that Rafa can get us out of this deficit is wrong and I only hope we can attract new investment and....a special one.

I take it you're talking about Jose?

What's so special about that c**t?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #93: Oct 19, 2009 09:46:59 pm
      I take it you're talking about Jose?

What's so special about that c**t?

Come on - he is a pretty good manager, you cant win the Portugese, English and Italian leagues without being half good... However, would I want him at liverpool? if he wins us the league a few times why not - would I want him here if that meant axing Rafa - no...

Yes, im a massive pesemist at the moment, but this post is too extreme. However after we beat Lyon, Man Utd then Arsenal and a few jars Rafa will be the best manager ever and we should all make a statue of him in our gardens.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #94: Oct 19, 2009 09:54:55 pm
      Come on - he is a pretty good manager, you cant win the Portugese, English and Italian leagues without being half good... However, would I want him at liverpool? if he wins us the league a few times why not - would I want him here if that meant axing Rafa - no...

I don't disagree that he is a good manager, but a "special" manager no.Shankly and Paisley were a "special" managers.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #95: Oct 19, 2009 10:04:46 pm
      I don't disagree that he is a good manager, but a "special" manager no.Shankly and Paisley were a "special" managers.

Agreed not so special - but he is pretty good... I would ideally like rafa to stay and be given a few bob to spend on the players he wants - Silva, Villa...

If the sh*t hits the fan and the two clowns go compeltely bookoo then it would be a solid replacement, but i am annoyed so fans are asking for his head after 7 games. only a few weeks ago we were the best team ever! Lets just be patient and remeber the liverpool way - we dont sack managers because of a few games!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #96: Oct 19, 2009 10:12:55 pm
      Agreed not so special - but he is pretty good... I would ideally like rafa to stay and be given a few bob to spend on the players he wants - Silva, Villa...

If the sh*t hits the fan and the two clowns go compeltely bookoo then it would be a solid replacement, but i am annoyed so fans are asking for his head after 7 games. only a few weeks ago we were the best team ever! Lets just be patient and remeber the liverpool way - we dont sack managers because of a few games!

Mate, if the two clowns in charge of our club got shut of Rafa, don't expect anyone around the same level as Rafa, because they would not touch the job with a barge-pole. More than likely it would be a stooge for those two fuckers with penauts for a transfer budget and several high-profile players sold to service the debt.

That is what Rafa is currently working with!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #97: Oct 19, 2009 10:54:01 pm
      Come on - he is a pretty good manager, you cant win the Portugese, English and Italian leagues without being half good...

He won the Portugese league with what was already the top team in Portugal, he won the Italian League with one of the top two Italian teams, He won The Premiership with money no object Cheslea, he's hardlies took a club that was languishing in mediocrity and transformed them into something special has he ?, All he's done is manage Clubs that were there or there abouts as a favourites for the leagues they played in.

So forgive me for not blowing smoke up Mourhino's arse but any manager worth his salt with a bit of tactical nous could have achieved what Mourhino achieved at fore mentioned clubs.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #98: Oct 19, 2009 11:03:34 pm
      He won the Portugese league with what was already the top team in Portugal, he won the Italian League with one of the top two Italian teams, He won The Premiership with money no object Cheslea, he's hardlies took a club that was languishing in mediocrity and transformed them into something special has he ?, All he's done is manage Clubs that were there or there abouts as a favourites for the leagues they played in.

So forgive me for not blowing smoke out of Mourhino's arse but any manager worth his salt with a bit of tactical nous could have achieved what Mourhino achieved at fore mentioned clubs.

Spot on. Real F***ing special eh ::) I could F***ing win a championship in anything if i had money and good teams just thrown out on a platter in front of me. Everyone saying our squad is worse now than a few years ago needs to wake up too. Short memories it seems, April-May last year you were probably boasting it was the best in years.
      I'm over this F***ing pessimistic crap, if you wanna come on here and discuss the plight of the club then so be it, but do it in a nice manner. Don't tell us who have hope, and it isn't over optimistic, of winning the title that we are off in disneyland, that we need to wake up, that it will NEVER happen. Because IMO this is no place for pessimistic little shits who when alls going well just sit and do nothing, but as soon as things turn to sh*t suddenly need a soapbox to speak out on.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #99: Oct 19, 2009 11:07:59 pm
      Mate I think you've got the wrong quote in there, you may want to amend.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #100: Oct 19, 2009 11:08:03 pm
      Because IMO this is no place for pessimistic little shits who when alls going well just sit and do nothing, but as soon as things turn to sh*t suddenly need a soapbox to speak out on.

I do agree with that. Some of the flak that's been flying around the place recently has come from people who I haven't seen about when we're doing well.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #101: Oct 19, 2009 11:08:57 pm
      Mate I think you've got the wrong quote in there, you may want to amend.

Oh i was just quoting that for the point on Mourinho, none of the other is directed at RedLFCBlood of course :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #102: Oct 19, 2009 11:11:02 pm

So forgive me for not blowing smoke up Mourhino's arse but any manager worth his salt with a bit of tactical nous could have achieved what Mourhino achieved at fore mentioned clubs.

And before we get into , the whole he won The Champions League with Porto debate, bear in mind so did Rafa with a squad that he largely inherited from Houllier, but for all the money in the world Morinho could not win it with Chelsea.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #103: Oct 19, 2009 11:26:11 pm
      Xabi1309 your negativity is truly irritating - so if you can't be positve the night before an important CL game (bearing in mind the video above) then respectfully please 'belt up' The team and Rafa need spirted support right now and I for one will be giving it in bucketfuls tomorrow night.  No matter what the result COME ON REDS
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #104: Oct 19, 2009 11:36:18 pm
      Xabi1309 your negativity is truly irritating - so if you can't be positve the night before an important CL game (bearing in mind the video above) then respectfully please 'belt up' The team and Rafa need spirted support right now and I for one will be giving it in bucketfuls tomorrow night.  No matter what the result COME ON REDS

To be honest lad I don't think somebody being negative on an internet forum is gonna make much difference to tomorrow's outcome. And everybody is entitled to be as positive or as negative as they like. Nobody is telling you to belt up for being overly positive are they?
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #105: Oct 19, 2009 11:43:04 pm
      Sorry but I feel strongly that it's all gotten wey too pessimistic - of course he's entitled to his opinion but it'd be nice to hear something more than the title chase is over and Rafa should be sacked...just my opinion....and I'm not a lad btw totally female!!! :)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #106: Oct 19, 2009 11:49:08 pm
      Sorry but I feel strongly that it's all gotten wey too pessimistic - of course he's entitled to his opinion but it'd be nice to hear something more than the title chase is over and Rafa should be sacked...just my opinion

Fair enough. But it'd be better to just debate their points rather than telling them to belt up.

and I'm not a lad btw totally female!!! :)

Whoops. My mistake, sorry.  :blush:
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #107: Oct 19, 2009 11:54:04 pm
      Sure but it's all been said in this and various other posts like lack of funds/crap owners/key players leaving and injuries.....I know we all want that coveted 19th title and long term success for LFC - I've had a day of it listening to bloody Mackems gloating about the win :o so I'm on a short fuse sorry if I've offended  :(
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #108: Oct 20, 2009 12:06:58 am
      Sure but it's all been said in this and various other posts like lack of funds/crap owners/key players leaving and injuries.....I know we all want that coveted 19th title and long term success for LFC - I've had a day of it listening to bloody Mackems gloating about the win :o so I'm on a short fuse sorry if I've offended  :(

Nothing to appologise for and I think we're all feeling pretty down. No Reds fan wants to see us in this position (or at least I'd imagine they don't) but it's just some are very quick to push the panic button. I'm as guilty as anybody for that. And it's down to people like yourself and others on here for keeping the realism that the title isn't over that keep me spirits up. But it's also down to those being negative that also keep realism to show the struggle we're in.

That's why I commented in the first place on the belt up part. Not because it offended me but because those views need to be aired as much as those saying it's not all doom and gloom. And at least you weren't like some who just think anybody who doesn't believe everything is rosy is totally wrong.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #109: Oct 20, 2009 12:08:44 am
      Everything is rosy you bunch of cu*ts and if you don't believe it i'll come and shove a rose bush so far up your asses you will be sprouting them from the ears.

;) :D
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #110: Oct 20, 2009 12:12:45 am
      Everything is rosy you bunch of cu*ts and if you don't believe it I'll come and shove a rose bush so far up your asses you will be sprouting them from the ears

Class :lmao:
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #111: Oct 20, 2009 12:28:56 am
      let's all be positive!!!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #112: Oct 20, 2009 12:31:05 am

I'm HIV so I'm always positive  :f_tongueincheek:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #113: Oct 20, 2009 12:33:39 am

*RedBlood tip toes on line of complete wrongness*

:D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #114: Oct 20, 2009 08:09:18 am
      I read that first post in this thread and this is what came to mind straight away.

When you walk through a storm
      hold your head up high
      And don't be afraid of the dark.
      At the end of a storm is a golden sky

And the sweet silver song of a lark.
      Walk on through the wind,
      Walk on through the rain,
      Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart
      And you'll never walk alone,
      You'll never, ever walk alone.
      Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart