Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match. Liverpool v Lyon (20/10/09)

Pepe Reina
      (7.7%)
      Martin Kelly
      (70.9%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (21.4%)

Liverpool 1-2 Lyon: Post match disbelief...again!

Read 40989 times
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Lyon: Post match disbelief...again!
      Reply #230: Oct 21, 2009 12:19:21 am
      Four points behind if we win you mean.

No I meant 6 points behind the leaders, assuming that we win at the weekend but so do Chelsea
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #231: Oct 21, 2009 12:20:52 am
      I think they were booing at the fact he went off

I know but whats the point? I felt sorry for Voronin coming on trying to make an impact and all he hears is boos.

Wether you like him or not it's fair on the lad. We should get behind all our players.
      lfc-gaz
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts | -2 
      Reply #232: Oct 21, 2009 12:22:15 am
      No-one is denying that they're excited to see Aquilani play in a Liverpool shirt. Disregarding all the stuff about saying they're a legend before they've played a game, giving them the limelight, etc. You cannot say, in any way shape or form, predict that Aquilani will solve any problems for us until he's played a game or two and showed us what he has to offer the squad.

There's no doubting he's a class player. We wouldn't have paid that much for him if Rafa didn't rate the lad. But it's what he does in those first few games in a Liverpool shirt that dictates how much he's going to change our game.

No-one is saying you're wrong. He could be the f*cking Messiah for all we know. But I think what bigvYNWA is trying to say is that you cannot say Alberto is the solution to all of these problems until we have seen him play in his new environment and assessed whether or not he's a good Liverpool player.

Have to agree.  But I wouldnt rest all on the first few games/  I remember a certain Henry taking an age to settle, as well as a Mr Pires to.  I hope that he does settle quick -  by god we do need the lad at the min!!!!
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #233: Oct 21, 2009 12:22:41 am
      i'm actually amazed Rafa has'nt alked away from this shambles..most clubs in spain and further afield including the big guns would snap him up regardless of who is there at the moment,..
      HAG OUT...they are robbing our club
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #234: Oct 21, 2009 12:22:57 am
      I know but whats the point? I felt sorry for Voronin coming on trying to make an impact and all he hears is boos.

Wether you like him or not it's fair on the lad. We should get behind all our players.

I don't think they were booing Voronin coming on, rather the decision to take Yossi off. Although Yossi didn't have his best game in a Liverpool shirt tonight, he was more effective than some on that pitch. And that's what the fans got upset with, that it was Yossi, of all people, coming off. Not because of who he was being replaced by.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #235: Oct 21, 2009 12:23:02 am
      Yeh it'll give them some worrying, but do you really think they will care?! I don't particularly think they will, and going outof the CL is not an answer to the problems.That means we lose a substantial amount of cash - therefore meaning we will have less going to securing our debts - therefore less money in the transfer market - therefore more moaning and so on and so on....

Good night

Which is what the two fuckers are counting on.

We've hardly got any money for transfers anyway. Most of money we've had for transfers is that which Rafa has got from haggling and juggling.

They've hardly given him sufficient money to do the job.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #236: Oct 21, 2009 12:24:34 am
      Have to agree.  But I wouldnt rest all on the first few games/  I remember a certain Henry taking an age to settle, as well as a Mr Pires to.  I hope that he does settle quick -  by god we do need the lad at the min!!!!

Of course.

But his first few games are a much better indication of how a player will get on for us, in comparison with some Youtube clips of him playing for his country or his previous club, when he hasn't played a match in a Liverpool shirt yet.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #237: Oct 21, 2009 12:25:50 am
      World cup every 4 years, so they still champions till at least next summer. We cant parade em in front of 80,000 either anfield doesn't hold that much people.  I can understand where your coming from lad, but Torres came to us as a Spain international, an icon with big reputation, a QUALITY player.  That was proved, look at him now, one of the best in the world!! Javier the same - came as a QUALITY player!!!! This lad I hope will go on to be a legend at the club, and I'm sorry if you dint agree, but any player deemed to be worth shelling almost £20 M for has got to have substantial quality!!! Would you have Lucas ahead of him???????? If I'm wrong, then why is it that every time you hear Liverpool on 5 live it the injured Italian, MOTD same again, Media same!! fans are dying to see him too!! I cant rem anyone dying to see Lucas and co pulling on the top  

You have completely missed my point FFS :mad:
      I would put Aquilana in ahead of most at the moment as I said I AM F***ing WELL LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING HIM AS MUCH AS ANY!
      What I said was saying he is one of our best players is not true, because he hasn't played for us yet. And then using the fact he is part of the Italian team of world champions which yes they currently hold the trophy, but they are not the best in the world by a long shot. Plus, by that logic then Dossena is one of our best players to ::)

I can't wait to see Aquilani, have been looking forward to it for months. But for him to be named amongst our best, like I said earlier if you would care to read he has to be one of our best on the field. Same would go for a Kaka or a Messi.
      100%lfc4ever
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #238: Oct 21, 2009 12:29:02 am
      form is temporary and class is permanent,of course we are going to miss nando and stevie g their are our best players and most attacking players but when they are injured Rafa doesn't seem to have a plan b which does worry me why the hell he has kept the likes of voronin when hertha were willing to pay 3m,Babel who keeps crying and saying he wants to go on loan to ajax well get rid of him he's had enough chances,Lucas who looks a little boy lost,Mash who clearly doesn't want to play for us any more,Ngog who wouldn't even get in boltons team,Kuyt who works hard what the f**k since when has that been good enough he's a bloody striker who gets paid to hit the onion bag,add that together and we could have bought turner,cattermole,arshavin,silva,defoe and kept Sammi at the club,i said back in 2006 that we wouldn't ever win the league with Rafa in charge(we are to inconsistant),last season it was ours to lose and we did.I think we will at least get a draw sunday but a new owner is now a must before we end up like Leeds,a horrible thought.YNWA
      lfc-gaz
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts | -2 
      Reply #239: Oct 21, 2009 12:32:30 am
      You have completely missed my point FFS :mad:
      I would put Aquilana in ahead of most at the moment as I said I AM F***ing WELL LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING HIM AS MUCH AS ANY!
      What I said was saying he is one of our best players is not true, because he hasn't played for us yet. And then using the fact he is part of the Italian team of world champions which yes they currently hold the trophy, but they are not the best in the world by a long shot. Plus, by that logic then Dossena is one of our best players to ::)

I can't wait to see Aquilani, have been looking forward to it for months. But for him to be named amongst our best, like I said earlier if you would care to read he has to be one of our best on the field. Same would go for a Kaka or a Messi.

I understand where you coming from.  I just rate a player for his quality that i have seen - i.e. i think that de rossi a class act - he doesnt have to put our jersey on to prove that!! Thankfully the lads got age on his side, it scares me to think of the pool without Stevie!! broke my heart when Fowler finished - GOD - what a legend
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #240: Oct 21, 2009 12:33:54 am
      I don't believe we managed to lose that.  We were all over them at the end of the first half.  I'm stunned.

That pretty much describes my initial feelings when the final whistle went.

But the bold reality set in very soon afterwards. We're a team full of individuals with no confidence and no bottle.

We concede a goal and we hit rock bottom. We don't concede a goal and we're scared to. We score a goal and we believe - for about 20 minutes.

This is a really bad spell for the reds.

The best thing about tonight was seeing the Lyon team coach go past the Cabbage after the game and Smiggs giving them the fingers. Speaks volumes doesn't it. That's all I had to celebrate.

Lyon are a good side, but they weren't all that better than us tonight. They were just more clever and more confident. I reckon Rafa should have freshened things up early in the second half when it was obvious they were starting to creep into the game.

But he didn't. We paid for it. And then paid for it again when it was too late. F***ing tw*t of a thing.

But we've got the mancs to play with on Sunday. I genuinely believe if we were up against a Blackburn or someone else like that, we wouldn't be able to be up for it. Playing the mancs could be just what we need.

If we concede the first goal though, I'll put money on us being fu**ed because we really have got a bad confidence issue lately.

Bad times.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #241: Oct 21, 2009 12:34:26 am
      I am still shocked that

we
      lost
      after
      taking
      the
      lead
      AT
      HOME.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #242: Oct 21, 2009 12:35:05 am
      Agree we were bound to miss T&G - but i don't understand all the sub text I've read about Rafa having a go at Carra/Torres/Gerrard mentioning him in their books..what do people mean? Also a comment in the echo tonight that Gerrard's agent is engineering a move WTF.....what is going on behind the scenes -last season it felt like a cohesive squad playing some really good footy...this year it's just gone
      Oh god I can't sleep again and it's all down to this.................... ......
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #243: Oct 21, 2009 12:38:38 am
      And another thing, got in, lobbed the telly on and who the F**k did Sky have in the studio alongside Keys, Souness and Hoddle, but none other than Jürgen Klinsmann, the piss-taking bas**rds.

Got to say first time I've stood in 109 tonight, and while some the game was a tad depressing, there was a few mad fuckers at the back that gave me a laugh.

Also heard on the radio, that Mrs Benitez was virtually in tears walking out of the directors box.

If he goes it's only going to be a case of you don't know what you've got till it's gone!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #244: Oct 21, 2009 12:39:16 am
      I understand where you coming from.  I just rate a player for his quality that I have seen - I.e. I think that de rossi a class act - he doesnt have to put our jersey on to prove that!! Thankfully the lads got age on his side, it scares me to think of the pool without Stevie!! broke my heart when Fowler finished - GOD - what a legend

Robbie Keane is class, has had more of a career than Aquilani has. But he wasn't able to prove himself. Glad to see you got my point, im just saying you do have to prove yourself in your clubs colors no matter your reputation.
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #245: Oct 21, 2009 12:40:40 am
      I don't think they were booing Voronin coming on, rather the decision to take Yossi off. Although Yossi didn't have his best game in a Liverpool shirt tonight, he was more effective than some on that pitch. And that's what the fans got upset with, that it was Yossi, of all people, coming off. Not because of who he was being replaced by.

I dunno I think part of it maybe was Benayoun coming off combined with the fact that Voronin coming on.

Honestly I just hate to hear booing at Anfield. I guarantee the people who were booing the decision to take Yossi off will be singing Rafa's name on Sunday if we beat Man U
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #246: Oct 21, 2009 12:43:39 am
      I dunno I think part of it maybe was Benayoun coming off combined with the fact that Voronin coming on.

Honestly I just hate to hear booing at Anfield. I guarantee the people who were booing the decision to take Yossi off will be singing Rafa's name on Sunday if we beat Man U

I'm fairly sure something else had happened with either the French keeper or defender. 

But saying that there was definite booing at the end of the game. 

I half hope we completely F**k up and get relegated and lose these hanger-on wankers who think they have a god-given right to boo at the players. It's one thing having a go on a forum, but if anyone boos at a final whistle and they are standing anywhere near me I'll knock the fuckers out.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #247: Oct 21, 2009 12:48:06 am
      I'm still dumbfounded and finding it hard to convey my thoughts and procees them logically and put them into understandable English so for that reason, I will vent my frustrations tomorrow.
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Reply #248: Oct 21, 2009 12:50:40 am
      Is there anything more to say? ngog get the F**k off from football!!! our defense is the worst ever, and rafa must leave now, what game is he watching??? surely he was the best when he arrives, but these days he is always saying the same 'improving' words and not too much have changed...
      several changes is what we need.. kelly is the only one that gets the full credit, the rest I don't know where they were..
      please dear God help us this sunday..
      tonybro
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #249: Oct 21, 2009 12:51:31 am
      we are Liverpool FC, we are not too big to fall

1. change manager
      2. change owners
      3. new players
      4. hold onto T and G
      5. Get rid of dross
                                        likelihood of this happening.......... 0% :'(
       so What do WE do

We get behind what we have and work at it.. CMON
       WITH HOPE IN OUR HEARTS. ;D
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #250: Oct 21, 2009 12:53:22 am
      Surprised that nobody has really mentioned Lucas and Insua's performance tonight. I know the stand-out 'performances' were probably those of Carragher and Kuyt being so poor but I thought Insua got caught flat an awful lot of the time and Lucas was non-existent. Now before I get the usual flak, ie; people like you are just waiting for a reason to critcise Lucas, take off the rose tinted glasses and think about his actual impact on the game. To be brutally honest he did nothing of note, and for anyone about to mention the fact that he squared the ball to Aurelio for the goal bear in mind that 10 yard squared balls in the middle of the pitch are all Lucas does. How long are we going to accept the mediocrity?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #251: Oct 21, 2009 12:53:43 am

1. change owners
      2. new players
      3. hold onto T and G
      4. Get rid of dross
                                        likelihood of this happening at the moment.......... 0% :'(
       so What do WE do

Fixed ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #252: Oct 21, 2009 12:54:54 am

1. change manager
      2. change owners
      3. new players
      4. hold onto T and G
      5. Get rid of dross
                                        likelihood of this happening.......... 0% :'(
       so What do WE do

F**k off you bluenose/manc (delete as appropriate) tw*t.

Quick Reply