Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pre Match: Liverpool v Manchester United (EPL 25/10/09 2:00pm)

Read 21414 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Manchester United (EPL 25/10/09 2:00pm)
      Reply #115: Oct 24, 2009 11:32:58 pm
      Well in mate,my feelings exactly.Proper fans relish the fight because we know we can prevail,bring it on.

F**k it mate. I might not be a scouser but this is my club and Im sick of listening to people and reading people making a joke of us. Making a joke of Liverpool Fc. No f**k that. Thommo on Sky today was outnumbered 4 to 1 on the panel he stood up for his club and we should all be doing that
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #116: Oct 24, 2009 11:39:30 pm
      1am kick off tomorrow morning Melbourne time, but I'll be up cheering on the lads. Then 6.30am got to be at work. No doubt I'll be fu**ed up for work but as long as we win I don't give a sh*t, I'll be there with a massive smile on my face.

Come on boys, let's do these bas**rds.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #117: Oct 24, 2009 11:39:41 pm
      After four losses in a row we couldn't have hoped for an easier game to stop the rot. ;)

I'm strangely very optimistic about this match and feel pretty confident we'll do them over tomorrow.  People go on about how its the worst possible fixture for LFC in our current form but IMO its the perfect one.  If this fixture can't lift the players to perform better than they have then they don't deserve to wear the shirt.  We just have to believe and the Kop will roar the true redmen on!!

Off to get a good nights's sleep to prepare for much jubilation tomorrow.  Come on you redmen!!!!
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #118: Oct 24, 2009 11:50:25 pm
      I can't wait now.  After all the shitty negative press we've had recently, I hope our lads will be bursting to get at the scum.

I hope we get to see some of the march as well, and that our message to the yanks finally starts to permeate their brontosaurus-like skins.

Come on you Reds, and come on you marchers!
      JayDLFC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts | -1 
      Reply #119: Oct 24, 2009 11:58:43 pm
      Despite Gerrard being a major doubt, Liverpool do expect to have Torres back after the Spaniard missed the defeats against Sunderland and Lyon with a groin strain.

Glen Johnson was another to miss the Lyon clash with a groin injury but the right-back is hopeful he will recover in time for the visit of United.

from ss
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #120: Oct 25, 2009 12:18:57 am
      Torres set to feature against United
      October 24, 2009
      Fernando Torres is set to play a part against Manchester United on Sunday after fresh scans revealed the Spaniard has progressed significantly.

Torres and Gerrard had both been ruled out of the game against United however, the duo both had scans this morning and the striker has recovered almost completely.

However, Gerrard is still a major doubt for the clash but it is still to be seen if Rafa Benitez takes a risk with the English midfielder.

Torres is likely to start against United with Gerrard on the bench – unlikely to play a part in the game.

Albert Riera and Martin Kelly haven’t been named in the provisional squad while Alberto Aquilani will only make his debut against Arsenal in the Carling Cup.

Nando most likely to start, Gerrard probs on the bench but won't play.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3394 
      Reply #121: Oct 25, 2009 12:23:43 am
      Tomorrow is more than just three points for us.

It's a chance for us to put our season back on track, it's a chance for us to prove what we're capable of without Gerrard and Torres being fully fit (or possibly even available), it's a chance to prove last year's double of these bas**rds wasn't pure coincidence and most importantly it's a chance for our boys to stand up and be counted.

We've been below par for pretty much the entire season, in some cases a joke of a side. But tomorrow we can't allow ourselves to be below par, we've gotta prove why we're title challengers. We've gotta be on the top of our game and go for the kill right from the off. Put the shits up those pre-madonnas and their glory hunting fans. Early goal to try and settle ourselves down then just let our ability do all the talking.

If the goal doesn't come early we've gotta keep the momentum high. Don't take our foot off the pedal and allow them to start getting their passing game going. And more importantly don't allow them to run at our defence because that's where we're really struggling. We have to keep at them bay.

The fans will do us proud. They, like the players, don't need anymore incentive to give 100% to the cause as any game against United should have everybody connected with Liverpool Football Club buzzing from the moment they wake. The place will be rocking and will continue to be throughout the match, this is one game where booing won't be tolerated. We won't allow ourselves to show that we're upset with the club in front of those cu*ts, we won't allow ourselves to do it.

A point isn't good enough after Chelsea's win today. Our tenth league game of the season is already a must win, but it was these sort of "must win" games that gave us our greatest football last season. The last ten games of last season where must win games and that's when we turned it on, starting with a right twatting over these manc cu*ts. A repeat of that wouldn't go amiss tomorrow lads, not just the result but the performance and the form we continued after it. The type of form that made us worthy winners of the league, unfortunately it wasn't to be the case. If memory serves me right we played Sunderland the league game before beating United 4-1 last year as well.

So this is a chance to kick start our season.

Don't let us down lads, go out there and prove why we're still, and always be, the greatest football club on the planet. This is our chance to sew the seeds of doubts that Liverpool Football Club are once more in the title hunt.

Come on Reds. We'll take any win.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #122: Oct 25, 2009 12:24:22 am
      Torres set to feature against United
      F***ing brilliant I can just see Vidic sitting in a corner in the fetal position right now.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #123: Oct 25, 2009 12:34:14 am
      Thats what I love about our wonderful fans, we are there through the thick and the thin. I love you guys.

Come on the lads.

YNWA !
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #124: Oct 25, 2009 12:42:56 am
      Bring on yer Manchester United! Bring on yer Cockneys by the score!

Gonna be a good day tomorrow. We'll show them just how over the title race isnt!
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      • So maybe not our year... I still love LFC!
      Reply #125: Oct 25, 2009 12:48:02 am
      obviously we all want to win, without a word of a doubt. to be honest, I don't care how flukey, or how controversial the goals for us to win, the more so the better - and I want to slaughter them... to be honest I'd love for us to pull the same last minute sh*t they do to everyone else.... Mancstains United You fucken tw*ts and as for Mikey Owen, forget it... if he scores and does an Adebayor celebration, there will be hell to pay...
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3394 
      Reply #126: Oct 25, 2009 01:02:46 am
      Just in case you forgot the last time we played the scum, just have a look here.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=14863.0

And this is how the forum reacted.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=14943.0
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #127: Oct 25, 2009 01:05:58 am
      1am kick off tomorrow morning Melbourne time, but I'll be up cheering on the lads. Then 6.30am got to be at work. No doubt I'll be fu**ed up for work but as long as we win I don't give a sh*t, I'll be there with a massive smile on my face.

Come on boys, let's do these bas**rds.

7am Sunday morning on the east coast of the states ;) Will have a cold beer in hand at that point as well, just picked up a 12 pack of Guiness, im all set! Even my girl is getting up for the game, i bought her a Torres top and she hasn't been up for a game yet so its a big occasion! :D
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #128: Oct 25, 2009 01:29:04 am
      7am Sunday morning on the east coast of the states ;) Will have a cold beer in hand at that point as well, just picked up a 12 pack of Guiness, im all set! Even my girl is getting up for the game, I bought her a Torres top and she hasn't been up for a game yet so its a big occasion! :D
      Top bloke mate,I'm on the march tomorrow
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #129: Oct 25, 2009 01:49:13 am
      Just beside myself already, ready to get this footy underway. REDMEN!!!!!!!
      g.adair
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #130: Oct 25, 2009 01:33:29 am
      Bring on yer Manchester United! Bring on yer Cockneys by the score!

Gonna be a good day tomorrow. We'll show them just how over the title race isnt!
      yessssssssssssssssssss my favorite post for a while
      MsGerrard
      Reply #131: Oct 25, 2009 01:55:01 am
      Just over 12 hours to kick off.

My body is bubbling with excitement for this game, it's split in two, half of me can't wait and the other half is sh*t scared.

I'm already pretty pumped up for this match, even though I won't be there on the march to help rid the club of the vermin that has there hands on our precious Liverpool Football Club.

Even though I won't be in the Kop cheering the players on with my head held high singing You'll Never Walk Alone to Rafa and the boys.

I will be at home wearing my 'Ms Gerrard' Liverpool shirt and hoping and praying with all my passion that we get a good result against the scum from the other end of the East Lancs Road.

Do it Liverpool, do it for us, the fans, Rafa, the manager and yourselves, put some pride back into Merseyside.

:kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #132: Oct 25, 2009 02:05:21 am
      Top bloke mate,I'm on the march tomorrow

Like I said earlier wish I was to mate, give em hell. Hopefully a win on the streets as well as Anfield!
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #133: Oct 25, 2009 02:12:43 am
      suggest reds look to new blood players who will give 110% and proud to wear the red shirt. martin kelly if fit and dani pacheo who has fantastic skills and has shone in the reserves
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #134: Oct 25, 2009 05:49:28 am
      we will win today no question, ol Whiskey Nose will be sent home well and truly beaten.
      TheRedsFan
      • Forum David Johnson

• 219 posts |
      • Nunca Caminaras Solo...Te Amo Liverpool
      Reply #135: Oct 25, 2009 05:54:44 am

7am Sunday morning on the east coast of the states ;) Will have a cold beer in hand at that point as well, just picked up a 12 pack of Guiness, im all set! Even my girl is getting up for the game, I bought her a Torres top and she hasn't been up for a game yet so its a big occasion! :D

Setanta Sports schedule shows the game at 9am Eatern time
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #136: Oct 25, 2009 06:01:45 am

Setanta Sports schedule shows the game at 9am Eatern time

Actually, today it showed that it will start on 9:55 am. I understand that the time shifts today in UK but not too sure if it also change here in the eastern coast to be 9am or 10am.
      TheRedsFan
      • Forum David Johnson

• 219 posts |
      • Nunca Caminaras Solo...Te Amo Liverpool
      Reply #137: Oct 25, 2009 06:08:32 am
      You are right, I just checked my satelite schedule and it shows the game at 10am

Quick Reply