Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Ticket Info: Liverpool v AC Milan (Euro Cup Final)

Read 31675 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Ticket Info: Liverpool v AC Milan (Euro Cup Final)
      May 02, 2007 01:10:11 am
      Liverpool v AC Milan
      European Cup Final
      Olympic Stadium, Athens, Greece
      Wednesday 23rd May 2007 @ 8:45pm

Ticket Information thread

Details to follow...

(Admin - Anybody touting tickets for the final on this forum at 'ridiculous' prices will be banned immediately and ALL messages from that user will be deleted. The forum rules clearly state that ripping off Liverpool fans is not tolerated).
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2007 09:33:56 pm by JD »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: UEFA Champions League Final, Athens, 23rd May 2007
      Reply #1: May 02, 2007 02:17:32 am
      Best way for people to get tickets for this?
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #2: May 02, 2007 07:21:07 am
      Best way for people to get tickets for this?

Sell kidneys....

Nah you would imagine if you have a ST, been to all the European games at Anfield then you can have a ticket if you want one.  Afer that - its a scrap.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: May 02, 2007 08:49:48 am
      Last time - if i'm not mistaken- it was Season Ticket and shareholders first, then Fancard holders with all games on their cards next, thats how we got ours for Istanbul, i know we were second in the pecking order.  So just hope its the same again this year, just glad i booked those few days off in work weeks and weeks ago cos theyre like gold dust now  ;) ;D

Cant wait for this guys, will go to work with my head held high and   ;D ;D ;D  Even better for my sis, she works in Manchester !!  ;) ;D   
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: May 02, 2007 12:03:36 pm
      I heard that there is only 17,000 Tickets available to us. I have a season ticket with all the home games on, thats 6 but I don't know if that will be enough. It will start at 12 games and I think Istanbul went down to 5 but there was more tickets then! Fingers crossed!!
      alex50i
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #5: May 03, 2007 02:05:53 am
      Hello I live in Romania and I am a huge liverpool fan.I want to know how can I buy 2 tickets for me and my wife
      to be part of this special event !!!

Please need advice ,help !!!

I heard that there is only 17,000 Tickets available to us. I have a season ticket with all the home games on, thats 6 but I don't know if that will be enough. It will start at 12 games and I think Istanbul went down to 5 but there was more tickets then! Fingers crossed!!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #6: May 03, 2007 12:04:42 pm
      Hello I live in Romania and I am a huge liverpool fan.I want to know how can I buy 2 tickets for me and my wife
      to be part of this special event !!!

Please need advice ,help !!!

Without having gone to the games there's hardly any chance of getting them at a sensible price mate, would have to go through a tout, in 2005 prices started from about £600
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #7: May 03, 2007 07:16:48 pm
      well here we go again planes trains and automobiles, We have again sorted our flights an accommodation out, we fly to Corfu on the 21st for a week and then travel either by car or train to Athens once we have caught the ferry to the main land. It was the only way of getting anywhere near without paying over  £900 of flights alone. We got a good deal SC £169 pp for a week. The next thing which is my old favorite TICKETS oh my god they have gone mad £1250 + for 1 ticket, short of selling a body part it is going to be worse than Istanbul. But as ever where's the a way there's a scoucer.Any ideas fella???
      I have goggled the whole ticket issues to death, and I have come across hundreds of people that won tickets through the UFA ballot, I must remember that next time. See you all there
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #8: May 04, 2007 12:51:29 am
      From what i've seen from the touts this year the prices they're asking are much higher than for Istanbul.  most seem to be £2000 a pair (robbing bas**rds).  I managed to get tickets for Istanbul for £400 a piece from a Norwegian sportswear company website.  Probably best to try the Euroteam website if you're desperate and willing to pay.  think it's about 1900 Euros per ticket which is sh*te but you get your flights and digs (4*) included. 
      I've got one chance, a bloke that a mate of mine works with has got 2 tickets but he's manc :action-smiley-055: so i don't think i'll be getting any favours on that score.
      red for ever
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #9: May 04, 2007 04:26:44 pm
      I COULD HAVE 2 TICKETS GOING AS I BOUGHT THEM AND I CAN'T GET OFF WORK NOW.
      I PAID  £2,000 FOR THEM BOTH SO I'M LOOKING TO GET MY MONEY BACK.
      I GOT MY TICKETS OFF VIP TICKETS.COM, THERE DUE TO ARRIVE IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #10: May 04, 2007 06:54:50 pm
      Full selling details will be released on Tuesday 8th May.

Chief Executive Rick Parry has stated "Supporters who purchased tickets for seven Champions League games (not including qualifiers against Maccabi Haifa) and had their purchases recorded on their fan cards, are guaranteed to get a ticket for the Final."

"Due to the numbers involved, fans who purchased tickets for six Champions League matches home or away (not including qualifiers against Maccabi Haifa) or a combination of both and had their purchases recorded on their fan cards will have to be entered into a ballot for Final tickets. Season Ticket holders, members of the Auto Cup Scheme and fan-card holders will all have the same chance. None of these groups are being given priority.

MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE THEN !!  /color]

Sorry if i upset anyone but i think this is the fairest way of doing this  ;) Attendance has to come first
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #11: May 04, 2007 07:28:09 pm
      I COULD HAVE 2 TICKETS GOING AS I BOUGHT THEM AND I CAN'T GET OFF WORK NOW.
      I PAID  £2,000 FOR THEM BOTH SO I'M LOOKING TO GET MY MONEY BACK.
      I GOT MY TICKETS OFF VIP TICKETS.COM, THERE DUE TO ARRIVE IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO

Bollocks. I don't believe a word of it.  If you post again trying to tout your tickets on this forum then you will get banned.  Nobody on the planet pays £2000 for tickets who 'can't get time off work'.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Re: Ticket Info: Liverpool v AC Milan (Euro Cup Final)
      Reply #12: May 04, 2007 07:48:33 pm
      Full selling details will be released on Tuesday 8th May.

Chief Executive Rick Parry has stated "Supporters who purchased tickets for seven Champions League games (not including qualifiers against Maccabi Haifa) and had their purchases recorded on their fan cards, are guaranteed to get a ticket for the Final."

"Due to the numbers involved, fans who purchased tickets for six Champions League matches home or away (not including qualifiers against Maccabi Haifa) or a combination of both and had their purchases recorded on their fan cards will have to be entered into a ballot for Final tickets. Season Ticket holders, members of the Auto Cup Scheme and fan-card holders will all have the same chance. None of these groups are being given priority.

A lot of kick offs about this Smigger. Season Ticket holders are furious.  They've normally had first dibs.  But to be fair ST holders have it much easier eg. the Auto Cup while the rest of us sit on the phone lines, turn up at Anfield etc for the cup tickets.  I think it is perfectly fair if you have been to most of the games on your fancard then you can go the final.

I know fellas with Seasies who give every other game to someone in work, their kids etc etc.  Why should they get priority over the fancard holders who have gone to all the tournament games.

Rick - your taking some stick off the ST holders - but I agree with the logic.  The problem is with ST holders who didn't go all the games princiipally.

<hides>
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #13: May 05, 2007 10:58:43 am
      I'd like the opportunity to own a ST, i'll take one off anyones hands if they're having a problem attending games  ;)  Agree with you there JD, just cos they have attendance on their cards doesnt mean they have neccessarily attended i know a lot of ST's who 'lend' their ticket out when they cant make the game.  i know all ST's dont do that but there are some and its them that i aim this post to ( not you Tommo !) or any other loyal ST holder  ;)  This is deffo the fairest way of doing this, some Fancard holders who would willing pay- is it 695.00? - up front for their tickets,  i really love sitting on the phone for days on end and queueing in p*ssing rain at Anfield for my tickets  ;) ::)

Good luck to all in the ballot to ripped off again this year !!  (we must be mad)  >:D     
      red for ever
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #14: May 05, 2007 12:26:27 pm
      Bollocks. I don't believe a word of it.  If you post again trying to tout your tickets on this forum then you will get banned.  Nobody on the planet pays £2000 for tickets who 'can't get time off work'.

why don't you go on vip ticket. com and see for yourself gob sh*te. i new there would be someone with a cocky remark!!
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #15: May 05, 2007 01:25:58 pm
      I for one, is very pissed off with the ticket situation for the final.
      I understand peoples views, but surely us season ticket holders should be given priority - even if it's a few hours priority.
      I say that because, when I get back from Athens I will have a renewal form awaiting for me, stating the club wants it's money for next season.
      The club must make a fortune on interest, by receiving our £700ish 2/3 months before the season starts.

I know bleating on about it is going to do no good, but I hope the tickets go to the people who really do deserve them. (myself included  :angel:)

Good luck to all and see you in Athens !!!!!

(thanks for not picking on me smigs  :P)
      REDSerbia
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #16: May 05, 2007 06:58:48 pm
      Hi people !!!

I'm from Serbia and I'm big LFC fan. Is there any chance for me to get tickets for the finals?(under 300 euros)

Regards !!!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #17: May 05, 2007 08:05:16 pm
      Hi people !!!

I'm from Serbia and I'm big LFC fan. Is there any chance for me to get tickets for the finals?(under 300 euros)

Regards !!!

Yes, I still have about 10 tickets left, going for £3.99 each. I've considered selling them to my mates who desperately want to go, but have decided I'd rather sell them to a stranger. If yourself or anyone else is interested, pm me or e-mail notafuckingchance@yahoo.co.uk
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #18: May 05, 2007 08:17:57 pm
      Yes, I still have about 10 tickets left, going for £3.99 each. I've considered selling them to my mates who desperately want to go, but have decided I'd rather sell them to a stranger. If yourself or anyone else is interested, pm me or e-mail notafuckingchance@yahoo.co.uk

;D ;D ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #19: May 05, 2007 09:30:04 pm
      why don't you go on vip ticket. com and see for yourself gob sh*te. i new there would be someone with a cocky remark!!

Why would I want to go on some rip off website that touts out tickets? I said YOU were talking Bollocks that you bought tickets for £2000 then 'couldn't get time off work'.  Absolutely nobody in the world would pay that much money for a final and then be 'unable' to go.  Don't tell me - you work on an oil rig.  ::)

You've got tickets - probably from the UEFA draw or as a shareholder or something - and you want to rip fans off.  It F***ing stinks.  If you've just bought them then get your money back.   >:(

Never heard of Karma?
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2007 09:31:38 pm by JD »
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #20: May 05, 2007 10:00:14 pm
      Hi people !!!

Regards !!!

As much chance as rocking horse sh*t....
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #21: May 05, 2007 11:05:53 pm
      Quote from EddieC
      ;D ;D ;D

I bet I still get at least one person PM me  :D
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #22: May 06, 2007 09:05:13 am
      ;D ;D ;D

I bet I still get at least one person PM me  :D

Not surprised at that price ,thought about £5.00 was reasonable ;D
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #23: May 06, 2007 08:21:03 pm

I know fellas with Seasies who give every other game to someone in work, their kids etc etc.  Why should they get priority over the fancard holders who have gone to all the tournament games.

<hides>

Sorry JD, got disagree. If I have to pay over £600 up front each year JUST to have the honour of being in the auto cup scheme then the least I expect is that if, and only if, I have attended every home CL game I would have first shout on a ticket for the final. I have laid out financially my committment to the club before the season starts; just buying a fancard and then buying 6 tickets is not the same and not a justifable or equal method to distribute final tickets.

The club have got it wrong, plain and simple.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #24: May 06, 2007 09:17:43 pm
      Sorry JD, got disagree. If I have to pay over £600 up front each year JUST to have the honour of being in the auto cup scheme then the least I expect is that if, and only if, I have attended every home CL game I would have first shout on a ticket for the final. I have laid out financially my committment to the club before the season starts; just buying a fancard and then buying 6 tickets is not the same and not a justifable or equal method to distribute final tickets.

The club have got it wrong, plain and simple.

The thing is that there are thousands of fans who would love a season ticket.  Everyone's entitled to their view and I respect yours. But I think somebody who has been to all the home games including qualifiers (with all the hassle that entails) as well as the occasional away tie has more than demonstrated their commitment to the club.

I hope everyone who wants a ticket and has been to all the home games gets one. I really do.
      alex50i
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #25: May 07, 2007 01:08:18 pm
      Hello I live in Romania and I am a big fan of Liverpool.I have bought 2 tickets from a guy ho lives in Macedonia and I am glad that I will be part of this special event.The tickets are in this  Category 2, Gate 24, Section B, seats 5 and 6
      Does anybody know is that a Liverpool fans area ??
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #26: May 07, 2007 07:40:08 pm
      Good Luck to anyone who's in the ballot, post on here if you've been successful then at least we know the letters are starting to go out  ;) ;D
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #27: May 07, 2007 08:42:05 pm
      I'm almost better off, cos I can't afford to go to Athens (still paying off Istanbul) so i've accepted it's the tele for me.
      I really hope you all get your tickets cos at the end of the day your all loyal fans.  The problem is UEFA as fcuking usual.  21,000 tickets giving out to a bunch of arseholes in suits who in the end, really couldn't care less who wins.  Football Family - Fcuking Freeloaders in my opinion.  This then, of course, encourages people to punt them on for £2000 :tosser:, the same as the vast majority who get them off the UEFA balot. 
      Unfortunately the club has had to make a decision on the issue knowing they can't please everyone and it sounds like they tried their best to get more tickets from UEFA.
      Good luck to everyone trying to get tickets cos it's getting well willy wonka by the sounds of it
      gibbo6 times
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #28: May 07, 2007 11:17:57 pm
      unless you have a fan card been to all seven cl games at anfield you have no chance. get yourself to liverpool to watch game.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #29: May 08, 2007 03:16:17 pm
      Liverpool FC have released the following ticket details for the Champions League Final 
      UEFA Champions League Final

Liverpool v A C Milan

To be played at the Olympic Stadium, Athens
      On Wednesday 23 May 2007 kick off 21:45 hrs (local time)

Dates Of Sale

Season Ticket Holders and Fan Card Holders with 12 to 10 06/07 CL matches (excluding qualifiers) on Fancard - Thursday 10 May 2007

Season Ticket Holders and Fan Card Holders with 9 to 7 06/07 CL matches (excluding qualifiers) on Fancard - Friday 11 May 2007

Season Ticket Holders and Fan Card Holders with 6 06/07 CL matches (excluding qualifiers) on Fancard - To be entered in a ballot - full details below.

Full Selling Details

We have received an allocation of 16779 tickets that are priced at £145, £100, £57 and £43.

We have also received an allocation of 16 Disabled Tickets together with 16 Personal Assistant tickets at a combined price of £57.

Within the allocation approximately 64% of the tickets are priced at £57, 18% are priced at £100, 14% are priced at £43 and 4% are priced at £145.

Priority Rights Holders (Ex Shareholders)

The allocation and selling arrangements for ALL Priority Rights Holders are as follows,

On holding:

1 Priority Right – 1 (one) ticket
      2 Priority Rights – 2 (two) tickets
      3 Priority Rights – 3 (three) tickets
      4 Priority Rights – 4 (four) tickets

The tickets available will be priced at £145, £100 or £57 and are offered AS AVAILABLE at the time of purchase.

Priority Rights Holders can purchase their ticket(s) from the ticket office or on the credit card line, telephone number 0870 220 2151 from Thursday 10 May 2007 until Friday 11 May 2007.

Priority Rights Holders applying by post should make immediate application to the ticket office detailing the ticket price in order of preference and a day time telephone number. Cheques should be made payable to Liverpool Football Club and endorsed not to exceed the maximum value of the highest priced ticket allowed under the allocation. The cheque will be completed by the Club to the actual value of the tickets available. Every effort will be made to supply the ticket(s) to the value requested but this cannot be guaranteed. Please also see note regarding postal applications.

Corporate Members

The Corporate Sales Department will contact all their Members to advise them on their ticket allocation.

Season Ticket Holders and Fan Card Holders

Tickets available will be priced at £100, £57 or £43 and are offered AS AVAILABLE at the time of purchase.

Season Ticket Holders and Fan Card Holders who have supplied their fan card details to the tickets office to prove they have purchased tickets for a combination of a minimum of SEVEN home and away matche(Excluding the Macabi Haifa qualifiers) for this seasons UEFA Champions League qualify for one ticket per qualifying fan card.

Tickets will be available on the days detailed below for personal application at the ticket office upon presentation of the fan card, or on the credit card line telephone number 0870 220 0034 as follows;

Thursday 10 May 2007 to Season Ticket Holders and Fan Card Holders who have purchased a ticket for a minimum of Twelve to Ten Champions League matches this season.

Friday 11 May 2007 to Season ticket Holders and Fan Card Holders who have purchased a ticket for a minimum of Nine to Seven Champions League matches this season.

Season ticket holders and fan card holders who meet the above criteria can make application by post. This should be done immediately giving details of name, address, day time telephone number and fan card number together with details of ticket price in order of preference. Cheques should be made payable to Liverpool Football Club and endorsed not to exceed the maximum value of the highest priced ticket allowed under the allocation. The cheque will be completed by the club to the actual value of the tickets available. Every effort will be made to supply the ticket(s) to the value requested but this cannot be guaranteed. Please also see note regarding postal applications.

Season Ticket and Fan card holders who have purchased a ticket for a minimum of SIX Champions League games (excluding the qualifiers) this season will be entered into a computerised ballot. Successful supporters will be written to advising them on how to claim their ticket.

Details of successful season ticket and fan card ballot holders will be available on the LFC web site from Wednesday 9th May.

Postal Applications

Postal Applications should be made to :-

LFC Ticket Office
      PO Box 204
      Liverpool
      L69 4PQ

Please Note that due to previous problems encountered through the postal system it is HIGHLY recommended that tickets are collected from the Ticket Office

Tickets will only be posted if an application clearly states that an additional charge can be made to cover the cost of special delivery.

All tickets posted are accepted to be at the applicants risk.

Liverpool FC will not take any responsibility for any financial losses due to lost, destroyed or damaged tickets. Nor will Liverpool FC take responsibility for any financial losses due to tickets being stolen, lost or delayed by the Post Office.

Tickets are STRICTLY non-transferable. Liverpool FC has to furnish details to UEFA on all tickets purchased ie. Names and addresses of applicants corresponding to the seat details on the tickets issued to the applicant. UEFA have indicated that random checks may be carried out at the Stadium.

Under NO circumstances will UEFA arrange duplicate tickets.

All tickets are issued under UEFA Champions League Final 2007 Ticketing Terms and Conditions copies of which are displayed in the Ticket Office Information Board and on www.liverpoolfc.tv

Liverpool FC are working with Triangle Travel and supporters wishing to Travel with Triangle Travel can arrange their journey with representatives who will be at the Ticket Office from Wednesday 9 May 2007.

Barnes Travel will also be organising a flight from Liverpool John Lennon Airport for full details call 0151 286 2000.

The ticket office will be open Monday to Friday 8.15am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9.15 to 1.00pm and Sunday 13 May 9.15am to Kick off. 
      abidlfc
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #30: May 08, 2007 05:59:33 pm
      hi true reds,

am flying out wednesday morning, if any true reds got 1 spare ticket please please let me know-mob num 07881-895815

many thanks for your help people

ah
      « Last Edit: May 21, 2007 11:16:58 pm by abidlfc »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #31: May 08, 2007 06:50:38 pm

Chance of 2 tickets

Forum users who have access to the Melwood board look here
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,2544.0.html

I will post the message in here tomorrow for everyone else.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #32: May 09, 2007 01:12:20 pm
      Very pissed off at the mo, not successful in the ballot, yet I've heard that a mate of mine who share's a fan card has been successful in getting a ticket.
      Thanks Rick Parry. >:(
      *****5times*****
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #33: May 09, 2007 01:21:41 pm
      I know its most likely going to be impossible to get hold of any tickets however I would like to know if anyone could get hold of a pair of tickets for me...i have my champions league stubbs but based on the ballot system i don't think i will qualify.

And please don't bother replying if you think I'm going to pay a ridiculous amount of money!!!!
      Wattswat
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #34: May 09, 2007 02:11:48 pm
      No doubt I am one of many but I have missed out on the ballot and I was wondering if there was anybody that had a ticket they would swap or I could purchase at face value (I expect you are laughing now!!) I'm almost in tears at my work desk!!
      Please can someone help?
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #35: May 09, 2007 02:22:29 pm
      anymore postings there first posts asking for tickets ???

what do you think honestly ??

anymore will be deleted straight away.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #36: May 09, 2007 02:42:48 pm
      anymore postings there first posts asking for tickets ???

what do you think honestly ??

anymore will be deleted straight away.

Was just thinking the same thing myself. If I had any spares (as it is I don't even have one myself now, my mate's cousin's gone back on his pledge to let him have them at face value) I'd hardly be giving it away to a complete stranger. My order of priority would be 1) Liverpool fans I know, 2) You lot on here (not people posting for the first time today) 3) I'm sure I would've got rid of them by now, but if there were still no takers I'd probably ebay them.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #37: May 09, 2007 05:36:04 pm
      Pissed off meself Tommo, really thought we might have a chance, yet another ballot through LFC I've been unsucessful in  :'(  Wish I'd had the brains to get myself a Glatasary away ticket on my card, they were only £4.00 in the end, at least it would of been credited to my Fancard. 

Oh well another p*ss up in the offing !!

wheres everyone watching it ? 

And yeah, were's everyone suddenly coming from asking for a ticket?  buggar off we're first - regular posters only  ;)
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2007 05:37:12 pm by smigger15 »
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #38: May 09, 2007 05:49:02 pm
      unless you have a fan card been to all seven cl games at anfield you have no chance. get yourself to liverpool to watch game.

Not true. I know of a fair few people who had 6 and got their tickets today.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #39: May 09, 2007 05:57:46 pm
      I too missed out on the ballot, I'm gutted for the fans that never went last time and have missed out. I was lucky enough to go to Istanbul and I don't feel to upset to be missing this one. The truth is that I have done alot of European aways but I haven't travelled since Istanbul and I think the fans that travel should get first dabs on the tickets, and maybe a scoring system where you get more points for Aways you attend than homes, and all the points being totalled up after the Semi's  would be fairer than a ballot. I would like to know how many tickets were in the ballot against how many fan cards that qualified, We could of been pinning our hopes on some pretty long odds!! Also Smigger your right about the Galatasery game, There was 3000 tickets sold for this and only a few hundred travelled. The club have got to wake up to Scams like this as its put a lot of fans who never travelled to one away ahead of all the honest ones who have only recorded games on their fan cards they attended. I know Lads who did this and all they had to do was hand in some blag travel details.

As I've said I have been lucky enough to see us win the Big one, but the one regret I have is I never went to Japan for the World Club Championship in 2005, So I just might have the chance to put that right (If my fan card loyalty allows!) ;)
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #40: May 09, 2007 06:24:27 pm
      Sorry for everyone that never got a ticket in the ballot, from what I heard 'off forum' I thought it had gone reasonably well.  Or maybe you're all just unlucky. I don't know.

I agree that those who went to at least one away game deserved a shot if they went to all 6 home as well.

But I know some people bought away tickets ie. PSV (which were fairly cheap at the group stage) and never actually went. Clever. But I also suppose many of the 'aways' were actually the Chelsea game.

I know there were a few offers on here that people wanted to use other people's fancards to get tickets cos they lived down there.  Maybe should have taken them up on the offer.

Maybe see you on the poker table.  ;)
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2007 06:25:10 pm by koolkidda »
      kingkennyb
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #41: May 09, 2007 06:34:43 pm
       :)  Very eventful weekend on the old web. Everything arranged!!   Two cat 3 tickets (milan section) 1000 euro. Flight from dublin to franfurt and then franfurt to thessaloniki on the 22nd May, flight from thessaloniki to athens on morning of final. stay till satuday 26th May then fly Athens-franfurt and then frankfurt-dublin. I have no hotel for the night of the game though but I will find a nice bar stoll to keep me going.

Price for the whole show including tickets 1,100 euro. Priceless!!!!. My missus spent the whole of saturday and Sunday telling me I was nuts spending that amount of time on the web.

Couldnt get tickets for Istanbul but I had to see this one. It's Liverpool all the way. Chelsea wanted vengence for 05 and got nothing and it aint gonna happen for milan. HAPPY DAYS!!!           
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #42: May 09, 2007 06:50:32 pm
      YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SS
      and double YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEE EEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Guess who's just been offered a ticket ?
      Face value and off me mates Dad !!!!!

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #43: May 09, 2007 10:24:34 pm
      YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
      and double YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEE EEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Guess who's just been offered a ticket ?
      Face value and off me mates Dad !!!!!

Congratulations Tommo!! Absolutely chuffed for you mate! Sing it loud for us in Athens!

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #44: May 10, 2007 04:56:18 pm
      A real shame some of the touting.  Some of you may be aware I have won two tickets for the FA Cup Final and have been offered £600 for the pair (I am probably going to go - just for the day out although I am tempted). The same person was offering me £500 PER ticket for the European Final.  It scares me how much they are going to sell them on for.

I read today in the Echo that 6,000 seats at Athens will be empty to allow for the advertising hoardings.

Absolutely disgraceful.  Michel Platini wants to be concentrating on that kind of thing.  Yet again the die-hard football fan comes second.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #45: May 10, 2007 08:34:59 pm
      Bloody disgrace that JD, dont they make enough money out of it without bloody advertising hoardings  >:(
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #46: May 10, 2007 09:31:26 pm
       ::) ::)I have read all the post on this forum an to be honest everyone has a valid point a part from the tosser that's trying to pull a fast one with his £2000 tickets >:(, my hubby has just listend to the legends on century FM and Rick Parry was on there answering all the fans questions about the ticket allocation, he fully agreed it wasn't fair that a fella who was a ST holder and had been to 47 premiership games and 6 CL games and DIDNT get a ticket for the final, yet a FC holder who had only been to 7 CL games only got a ticket.

He blamed UEFA as usual, not only did they cream 9000 for their ballot they also took another 20,000 for corporate, which approx 70% will end up in the hands of the touts punting them out for £650+ per ticket.

In 2005 Istanbul we had to buy of a ticket tout on line and they cost £475 each, we had them delivered to our house 10 days BEFORE the game, how come all these ticket tout don't actually have any tickets in their hands at the moment, and have advise we will have to collect from Athens. Has there been a delay in getting the tickets out from UEFA.
      jimmyjism
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #47: May 11, 2007 11:18:06 pm
      A real shame some of the touting.  Some of you may be aware I have won two tickets for the FA Cup Final and have been offered £600 for the pair (I am probably going to go - just for the day out although I am tempted). The same person was offering me £500 PER ticket for the European Final.  It scares me how much they are going to sell them on for.

I read today in the Echo that 6,000 seats at Athens will be empty to allow for the advertising hoardings.

Absolutely disgraceful.  Michel Platini wants to be concentrating on that kind of thing.  Yet again the die-hard football fan comes second.

Hi JD,

If you still have two tickets for the FA Cup Final do you want to swap them for one ticket to the Champions League Final in Athens?  If so, are the FA Cup Final tickets in a neutral section?

I have won two tickets (category 1, face value 200 euros each - in a neutral section) in the UEFA ballot which I have in my possession right now.

Cheers, Jimmy (a gutted Chelsea fan).  My email address is jimmy@kalya.net
      liverdog1
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #48: May 12, 2007 05:16:51 pm
      me and my friend got a ticket each in the ballot the pick them up on Tuesday the thing is neither of us can go i am getting married the sat after and cannot afford to go and my friend will be on holiday how do we go about legally selling them ?
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #49: May 12, 2007 05:46:27 pm
      check your emails  :-*
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #50: May 13, 2007 07:18:50 am
      How much do you want for these tickets, as you know only face value is allowed, otherwise you are ripping off true fans :( :( >:( >:( :( :(
      AJK   Â£1500 for the pair  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
      You are obviously not a true LFC fan just another Joe Egg trying to rip us off.
      You are actually charging MORE than the touts on line you need to re-think you price my friend.
      crippy182
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #51: May 13, 2007 11:49:40 am
      Hi Guys,

I recently bought a ticket in hope that I could go to the final, but due to some some unforeseen circumstances at work  I'm going to have to let it go, I paid a lot ofr it, but wouldn't ask for what I paid for it as I was just stupid paying 900 for it, but I had the money and it didn't seem like a problem at the time, if anyone has any decent offers for me, just let me know - you can email me on <email address removed by Admin - PM the user if you are interested>
      Thanks fellas,

Chris
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2007 12:40:50 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #52: May 13, 2007 12:45:29 pm
      Still very disappointed about the sheer amount of greed from some people ripping Liverpool supporters off for these tickets.

UEFA should be ashamed of themselves.

Just saw this regarding flights on ryanair....

Ryanair are operating special flights from both Dublin and Liverpool to Athens for the Champions League Final between Liverpool and AC Milan on 23rd May 2007.

Fares on the Liverpool to Athens flight will start at £299 each way plus taxes and will operate at the following times.

LPLATH 23MAY07 FR6132 0900-1530
      ATHLPL 24MAY07 FR6133 0600-0830

Fares on the Dublin to Athens flight will start at €399 each way plus taxes and will operate at the following times.

DUBATH 23MAY07 FR5902 0930-1600
      ATHDUB 24MAY07 FR5903 0630-0900

As no baggage handling service or check in desk will be in place in Athens for this service both flights can only be booked through our call centre number and passengers must use internet check-in and carry hand baggage only.  It is the passengers own responsibility to ensure that they have checked themselves in for both legs of the flight prior to travel.

Call Centre Numbers

From UK 0871 246 0000 (calls cost 10p per minute)

From IRL 0818 30 30 30 (national rate)

« Last Edit: May 13, 2007 01:49:22 pm by JD »
      crippy182
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #53: May 13, 2007 06:04:48 pm
      Hi Guys,

Me again, not sure why the email address was removed, but I'll just come back and check - can some1 offer me a reasonable price for the ticket? So I can consider selling it - appreciate it.

Thanks for your time!

Chris
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #54: May 13, 2007 06:26:28 pm
      :( :( :( There really does seem no end to the greed, I have been dealing with a liverpool lady in Barcelona regrading tickets, their price was £615 per tickets cat 2, but they didn't actually have the tickets they are hoping for them tomorrow, I have just checked the net YET AGAIN and her website is now saying the tickets are £945, how on earth can they justify such the jump in price.

>:( I am really really fed up with all this now, it is making me depressed, I see all these tickets on sale and I don't trust any of them with my hard earned, UEFA are a disgrace and to be honest with all I have heard and read recently Mr Parry isn;t smelling of roses either. I like said before we have our flights and accommodation sorted, so it looks like we will be watching the game on the big screen in the fan park Athens are providing.

:( :(

I think I hit a nerve there AJK well you did ask for it, £1500 for 2 tickets I am glad you have seen the error of your ways and admitted to being a complete and absolute Tosser, as they say if the cap fits wear it, and you must look mighty fine in yours, I hope you get stuck with these tickets it's only what you deserve.

Call yourself a LFC fan ......... MY ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More to the point, where the f*ck are they getting them from, you cant tell me a lady in spain has 7 credits on her card !  >:(
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #55: May 13, 2007 06:38:35 pm
       :D they are ones won from the UEFA ballot i am lead to believe.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #56: May 13, 2007 06:40:32 pm
      Yeah ok  ;)
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #57: May 13, 2007 07:16:10 pm
      The must be some proper thicko's out there just waiting to get their arses kicked, i have just had an email from Barcelona some dodgy fella offering me 10 yes 10 tickets all sat together in the LFC end for £2000, and he wants paying via western Union which is basically an open cheque, once he has the more he will post the tickets out.

Unfortunately there could very well be some poor desperate fool about to fall into this ones trap and lose 2000.

How come there seem to be so many tickets on sale in Barcelona, were they expecting to be in the final, surely not after all they had the mighty reds to face. :angel:
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #58: May 14, 2007 01:52:04 pm
      I think I hit a nerve there AJK well you did ask for it, £1500 for 2 tickets I am glad you have seen the error of your ways and admitted to being a complete and absolute Tosser, as they say if the cap fits wear it, and you must look mighty fine in yours, I hope you get stuck with these tickets it's only what you deserve.

Call yourself a LFC fan ......... MY ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was actually me that edited his message for him Leekar, thought it would be more fun than just deleting it  ;D

Anyway, I've just deleted another two posts in this thread, let me make this clear.

IF YOU COME ON HERE OFFERING/ASKING FOR TICKETS WITH YOUR VERY FIRST POST, YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #59: May 14, 2007 09:07:46 pm
      So frustrating this lack of tickets.  I just want to be able to pull a face like Charlie when he got that Golden ticket...

Cheras
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #60: May 15, 2007 09:02:57 am
      Hi, I'm a Liverpool fan living in Athens, seeing as though I'm lucky enough to live in the country where we're gonna win our 6th European Title, I'm thinking about getting ripped off and buying a ticket from a tout website!!!!! but before I do, can anyone please tell me if they know where the vast majority of our fans will be sitting, gate number e.t.c., since I don't want to pay all that money and end up sittiing with the Italians... + can't find any info on the web.....

Cheers.

P.S. if anyone needs any local knowledge or info from here in Athens, just ask......
      « Last Edit: May 15, 2007 09:12:19 am by Cheras »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #61: May 15, 2007 03:28:05 pm
      Just got back from Anfield, after 4 hours of queuing I finally have a ticket.
      To all the touts out there  :action-smiley-055:

It's been a long drawn out process, but now I'm in possession I have to say it's well worth it.
      I'm in Gate 3, Section B, Row 22 - That's the North end of the stadium.

Roll on Sunday, the party begins  ;D ;D ;D ;D
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #62: May 15, 2007 03:46:22 pm
      Gutted cant go!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #63: May 15, 2007 07:40:03 pm

It's been a long drawn out process, but now I'm in possession I have to say it's well worth it.

Well done fella.  Looking like you're going to be the official reporter out there at the mo :(
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #64: May 15, 2007 10:48:06 pm
       :'( :'( :'( I nice to hear some true fans are getting to Athens, i have yet again been let down were tickets are concerned, it's my own fault for getting my hopes up.
      We are still going over to Athens as we have flights and accommodation already sorted, but to be honest I think we will just have to resign ourselves to the fact that we will NOT be in the ground watching the lads, for everyone who has tickets, SING OUT LOUD for us, and think of the unlucky ones that couldn't even get ripped off by a tout for a ticket.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #65: May 15, 2007 11:02:56 pm

Well in Tommo! Chuffed for you.
      I drove past the queue twice today while i was working and although I was a bit jealous (which is understandable isn't it), I was so happy to see all the excited smiles. Made me proud!
      Here's to a great journey!!!!! ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #66: May 16, 2007 12:07:08 am
      :'( :'( :'( I nice to hear some true fans are getting to Athens, i have yet again been let down were tickets are concerned, it's my own fault for getting my hopes up.
      We are still going over to Athens as we have flights and accommodation already sorted, but to be honest I think we will just have to resign ourselves to the fact that we will NOT be in the ground watching the lads, for everyone who has tickets, SING OUT LOUD for us, and think of the unlucky ones that couldn't even get ripped off by a tout for a ticket.

You'll have a cracking time and you will poss get a ticket while you're there depending on your budget. I reckon if youre brave enough and can hold out till about an hour before you can do it for less than double face value.

Just my opinion based on 2 years ago. 
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #67: May 16, 2007 04:21:54 pm
      So guys,who of us are going from the forum?I thought you were going jd?Is it just me and tommo?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #68: May 16, 2007 04:23:44 pm
      So guys,who of us are going from the forum?I thought you were going jd?Is it just me and tommo?

Looks like it unless you`ve got a few spares ;) Have a good one
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #69: May 16, 2007 08:19:01 pm
       ???
      I have just been searching the internet yet again looking for the holy grail that is  :o(A TICKET) :o well 3 in fact.
      I have tried every ticket tout on line and sent emails to everyone who is offering to rip me off big time, and none not one of these "off shore" touts have any tickets in there hands they always want to meet you in Athens to collect your tickets , I thought it was quite strange but didn't really spend much time on it until I came across a UEFA and UK Police announcement.

Warning letter
      UK police have sent out a warning letter to several companies and individuals offering tickets for sale to high-profile UEFA matches such as the UEFA Cup and UEFA Champions League finals, asking them to immediately take such tickets off the market. "The letter made it clear that illicit sale of tickets undermines the safety and segregation of fans, potentially causing significant public order and safety issues," said UEFA in a statement.
      New laws include UEFA matches
      A new legislation that came into force on 6 April makes it a criminal offence in England and Wales for an unauthorised person to sell a ticket for a designated football match. The fixtures under the law include, but are not limited to, every game in the UEFA Cup; every match in the UEFA Champions League; as well as every game at UEFA EURO 2008â„¢. The statute also specifically makes it a criminal offence to take any such step over the internet, whether through a website or otherwise, and to sell a ticket as part of a hospitality package.
      Illegal trade
      Given the recent law changes, the United Kingdom Football Policing Unit is working closely with UEFA, the Football Association and the Premier League (among other football authorities), the Home Office and the local police constabularies in the UK. "Each of the bodies involved has committed significant resources to ensure that the new legislation is enforced to the greatest extent allowed by law," UEFA explained. "This combined action will ensure that those who persist with their illegal trade in tickets will be identified and prosecuted."
      Internet monitoring
      UEFA continuously monitors the internet and has found abusive ticket-selling relating to the UEFA Champions League final, due to take place in Athens on Wednesday 23 May. Consequently UEFA has already cancelled a certain number of tickets sold in breach of the ticketing terms and conditions, as a clear warning sign to those involved.
      Protecting the genuine fan
      "European football's governing body's primary concern is to protect the genuine fan against possible troublemakers entering the stadium due to uncontrolled selling," UEFA said. "Based on past experience, UEFA also suspects numerous fake auctions to be placed on the internet and reiterates its warning to fans tempted to buy tickets through unreliable sources that often charge exorbitant prices and quite often do not have the tickets they purport to be selling." UEFA ad interim Chief Executive Gianni Infantino added: "I am proud to see that the high level of co-operation between UEFA and the UK authorities has led to such progress in the long-running battle against touts. Co-operation between footballing bodies and authorities is key to preventing violence."

The last paragraph is a laugh where UEFA wants to protect the geniune fan .....MY ARSE.........
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #70: May 16, 2007 08:40:55 pm
      Good post above. A reminder to everyone who is registering with the intention of posting their rip off tickets. We have been deleting most of these.

As for me - not looking good.  Still considering doing the flight thing and hoping for the best once I get over there.  I guess I will know for sure by the weekend.
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #71: May 16, 2007 08:50:28 pm
      cheers JD it's amazing what you find when you spend hours on the net looking for a needle in a haystack.

I think you should go over and try for a ticket outside the ground, but i know it's a differcult decsion to make because it's not like it's just down the road.

Me i'll keep surfing and searching until the last minute, you never know I might win the Daily Mirrior comp and fly VIP. yeah right  ;D ;D ;D
      barrowlad
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #72: May 17, 2007 01:28:42 pm
      hello new lad here, i live in germany as ive been in army for 16 years but go to a game whenever im home on leave, having just got back from iraq i treated myself to a bayern munich game where by chance i got chatting to some locals interested in my reds shirt, one of them had gambled on bayern reaching the final and had 2 tickets which the kind gentleman sold me for face value,so now having missed most of the season due to iraq im now off for a week in athens leaving dussledorf on tuesday, cant wait   see you all there
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #73: May 17, 2007 02:38:17 pm
       ??? Has anyone heard any rumors about the ticket issues, there seems to be a rumor going around work that we may be getting more tickets ????????
      LFC are doing another ballot for ST and FC holder with 6 stubs, the reason being not everyone who won tickets collected them. Advise on the LFC phonelines
      ??? Has anyone heard any rumors about the ticket issues, there seems to be a rumor going around work that we may be getting more tickets ????????
      LFC are doing another ballot for ST and FC holder with 6 stubs, the reason being not everyone who won tickets collected them. Advise on the LFC phonelines

LFC have run another small ballot for tickets that were not collected in the first run. All successfull candidates will be advised via the telephone today or tomorrow by and agent from the ticket office.

That's fine and dandy but what the hell happens to all the poor sods that either didn't attempt to get flights or sold there flights, will the be any help from LFC ........... not a chance.
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Reply #74: May 17, 2007 05:01:22 pm
      Iv just been told that as well  i work in a train station and all the regulars keep saying this also iv been told there are a lot of blag tickets going around as well so just be carefull who you buy them off.
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #75: May 17, 2007 08:06:03 pm
       :-* :-* :-* If anyone has been lucky enough to win any tickets in the 2nd ballot and cannot go please please please will you let me know, we have our flights sorted and are going, but it would be nice to buy tickets from true liverpool fans and not get our arse's kicked by the touts outside the ground.
      Thanks
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #76: May 18, 2007 08:15:10 pm
      just to say i feel really sorry for all the people who could not get tickets because i got mine today and it was literally the best feeling i ever had , feel like the boy in charlie and the chocolate factory with the golden ticket.
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #77: May 18, 2007 08:33:45 pm
      I,m really pleased for you, it's nice to hear a bit og good news regarding tickets well done mate.....
      Me well i'm still getting my arsed kicked
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #78: May 18, 2007 08:47:01 pm
      just to say I feel really sorry for all the people who could not get tickets because I got mine today and it was literally the best feeling I ever had , feel like the boy in charlie and the chocolate factory with the golden ticket.

where u sat mate ?
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #79: May 18, 2007 10:23:51 pm
      hi tommo behind the goal i think gate 31?section a ?Where you sat?are we going to do a picture.report for the forum?im up for it you are mate.why u flying from?
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #80: May 18, 2007 10:28:33 pm
      hi tommo behind the goal I think gate 31?section a ?Where you sat?are we going to do a picture.report for the forum?im up for it you are mate.why u flying from?

Hi mate, I fly out on Sunday from Manchester via Frankfurt., staying for a week.
      I've gone for the £100 ticket, gate 3, section b, row22.
      I'm taking me camera, and hope to get some good shots to post on here when I return (next Sunday).
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #81: May 18, 2007 10:33:23 pm
      Hi Buddy,well i asked for  A £100 ticket,but had to settle for a cheaper one,i will do a report and some pics and hopefully have it on here by saturday.We will have to see if we have time to meet up and get a photo of any forum members attending.Is it only us two?
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #82: May 18, 2007 10:41:35 pm
       ;D ;D ;D Oh No my friend not just you and Mrtommo , Me and my lot are going as well so see you all there ;D ;D ;D ;D

Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #83: May 19, 2007 10:04:17 am
      Congratulations
      Mr Tommo
      Lazb07
      Redman
      Have a great trip and bring us all back a stick of rock
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #84: May 19, 2007 04:15:34 pm
      Cheers to all the well wishers - I promise to behave and enjoy myself.
      I'll give my all in the vocal support to the lads.

This is taken from Liverpool.tv, Rick Parry trying to justify the ticket allocation - in my opinion, he is a pr**k  >:(

Most of our supporters will be aware that the controversy surrounding the ticket allocations for the Champions League Final has been greater than ever before. 
      Regrettably, many feel it has cast a shadow over the incredible achievement of the Club reaching its second Champions League Final in just three years.

Because of the intense depth of feelings, I want to give some more information on how the tickets for the final were actually allocated and to address some of the issues that have been raised in this very public debate.

We received from UEFA a total of 17,095 tickets for the Final in Athens which compares with the 20,051 for the game in Istanbul.

For any Final we have commitments to former shareholders, corporate season ticket holders, players, former players, staff and sponsors. These commitments do not change significantly from one year to another and were in place when I arrived at the Club. So when people suggest that tickets have somehow gone astray this year I think it's important that these commitments are taken into consideration.

In Istanbul, some 14,500 supporters had been to six games or more and we were able to offer each of these people the opportunity to purchase a ticket for the Final. The split between season ticket holders and Fan Card holders was approximately 50:50.

For the game in Athens we had around 11,000 tickets available for general sale after the commitments I previously outlined were taken into consideration. However, although there were 3,300 people who had attended seven games, the problem was that there was a huge increase to 27,000 in the number who had attended six games.

As has been widely publicised, all those attending seven games were given the opportunity to buy a ticket for Athens, which meant that the other 27,000 supporters went into a ballot. The final number of tickets available for fans in the ballot is 7,700 which makes the chance of obtaining a ticket 1 in 3.5.

I am aware of continuous speculation about the numbers of tickets involved in the ballot and peoples’ chances of success but would like to assure our supporters that these figures have been thoroughly checked and are accurate. They also take into account that not all of our shareholders, for example, took up their allocation and the fact we were able to obtain a small additional number of tickets from the FA, for which we are grateful.

On the issue of ticket take-up it should be pointed out that because of the very tight timescales involved the first ballot had to be conducted at the same time as tickets were being offered under contractual commitments and to those who had attended seven games. Consequently, it was always likely that we would need a second ballot. I want to emphasise that the ballot itself was scrupulously conducted. It was independent, and fully computerised and there was no scope for manipulation or interference. I am aware of anecdotes concerning groups of fans who have failed to receive any tickets. I can't explain the anomalies but I have asked for the process to be checked and double-checked.

I think I should point out the total number of tickets purchased by season ticket holders will be in excess of 7,000 (at the time of writing we still don't know precisely what that figure will be as the selling process continues). The equivalent number in Istanbul was 7,900. So, despite the fact that we have 3,000 fewer tickets, the difference between the number of season ticket holders receiving tickets to the two finals is less than 1,000. A difference that is scarcely reflected in the strength of feeling that clearly exists.

Given that the ballot denied a ticket to many of our supporters who have been so instrumental in helping the team reach Athens, the outcome is understandably disappointing to those so affected. The qualification criteria were intended to be as fair as possible yet inevitably it means there are many aspects of those criteria with which individuals denied a ticket can and will take issue. However, these conditions were published at the beginning of the season and have been in place since 2002.

One of the most emotive issues with those season ticket holders with six credits who have been unsuccessful has been the inclusion within the ballot of fan card holders with just the corresponding six credits for the European games but no other games. This goes to the very heart of the reason why we introduced the fan card in the first place. We are convinced of the value of a fan card system for ensuring the invigoration of our active fan base. The sheer numbers involved prove that this is working. However, the depth of feelings over this particular aspect of the fan card system has reminded us we must never neglect our long-standing supporters.

There has also been much comment from Season ticket holders regarding their loyalty to the club and I want to recognise that commitment. However, without in any way belittling that support, I also need to point out that there are over 60,000 people on the waiting list for a season ticket, many of whom have been there for years and all of whom would dearly love the opportunity to secure a season ticket. They do their utmost to obtain tickets to all games and I also want to pay tribute to their dedication to Liverpool FC. I am certainly not going to get into a discussion about who loves the Club more as their support is equally important and this is clearly a very emotive debate.

I want again to express my regret over the heartache experienced by so many of our supporters in missing out on a ticket they deserve. I wish you could all have a ticket. I can only assure all those fans that we did our best with the very limited number of tickets we were given and at all times we have been consistent and fair.

Just as we did in 2001 at Dortmund and 2005 in Istanbul we raised our grave concerns with UEFA over what we consider a totally inadequate allocation. We have asked them again to look at the needs of the supporters as the paramount consideration in the staging of any European final and we will continue to do so. 

He states we received 17,095 tickets, and only 11,000 going to the supporters.
      What a cock this bloke is, that means 6,000+ tickets went to 'former shareholders, corporate season ticket holders, players, former players, staff and sponsors'.
      That figure represents over 1/3 of our allocation.
      It seems that our beloved club is going down the same route as all the other money grabbing clubs and selling it's faithfull supporters down the road.
      If you don't look after your supporters Rick, your going to have a very difficult time ahead of you. May I remind you that we are Liverpool Football Club and not Man Utd / Chelsea et all.
      11,000 tickets !!!!!! to us supporters.
      and you bet your life I'll have my season ticket renewal form awaiting me when I arrive home wanting £650+ to be paid 2 months before the kick off.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #85: May 19, 2007 08:23:48 pm
      Priorities definatly appear to be wrong here,I bet you mr Parry,Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett ARE TAKING 20 plus tickets each,for people who are hangers on and dont give a crap for lfc.
      Mr Leaker where are you sitting.Thommo,Leaker are there plans for forum members to meet up?
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #86: May 19, 2007 08:33:38 pm
      Redman, I'll be in the main drinking fan base - wherever that'll be.
      I've given my number to Leekar (Karyn) and I think we'll be meeting up on the day.
      I'm meeting up with a lot of friends out there, but your more than welcome to be one of us.
      PM me if you want my number.
      I'm staying on Aegina Island for the week, so if not meet up on the match day, I have plenty of other time.
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #87: May 20, 2007 05:47:24 am
      Congratulations
      Mr Tommo
      Lazb07
      Redman
      Have a great trip and bring us all back a stick of rock

stuff the rock ,just bring us one of these back :champ:
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #88: May 20, 2007 10:35:49 am
      Well, the touts seem to have given up on here, back to life as normal. That is until we win on Wednesday & suddenly the world & his wife's a Liverpool fan. I remember back in 2005 there were 'fans' logging on who'd obviously never watched a game in their lives before the final, I remember one chap stating that we had to keep hold of Traore unless we could get £15m+ for him  :D :D :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #89: May 20, 2007 12:45:30 pm
      Well, the touts seem to have given up on here, back to life as normal. That is until we win on Wednesday & suddenly the world & his wife's a Liverpool fan. I remember back in 2005 there were 'fans' logging on who'd obviously never watched a game in their lives before the final, I remember one chap stating that we had to keep hold of Traore unless we could get £15m+ for him  :D :D :D

Either way (if the unthinkable happens) we will be inundated with United, Chelsea, bitters....

I think a ban (or require approval) on new registrations should come in Wed afternoon  for a few days.
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #90: May 20, 2007 05:22:27 pm
      Hi all,

Believe more tickets were on sale this morning but again lack of communication from the club means we've missed out again.

Plea - If by ANY chance there is any true red on here who happends to have a spare ticket can you contact me. Out of four of us with season tickets and all the games on the fan card none of us got a ticket in the ballot. One of us (Ron) has got a ticket via his uncle who did qualify. I am not going and neither is my other mate as we said that our kid could have our tickets if he didn't qualify in the ballot. He still has no ticket but has flight and accomodation booked and is going out with Ron on Tuesday morning. He missed Dortmund and Istanbul and we had all said we would give our tickets to him so he could experience his first Euro final.

PM me if you can help and are genuine..no offence but muppets with hardly any posts on here will be disregarded as not gonna fall prey to the wind up merchants.

Here's hoping we can drop on (our email to the Hellenic FA went unanswered!)

Cheers

K
      FOCUSSTEVE
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #91: May 20, 2007 06:55:10 pm
      Four of us flying out tomorrow-not one ticket between us- if in the unlikely event anyone as at least one ticket at face value , it would be greatly appreciated, its my sons first european final, so anything i get is going to himas I have plenty of fond memoriesfrom years gone by. Anyway if its meant so be it, safe journey to all you redmen, see you in athens. mob number 07968981260
      simonlfc
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #92: May 21, 2007 10:25:04 pm
      just wondering how many fans flying without tickets as there seems to be loads of fans going anyway.i don't have a ticket but intend to enjoy the atmosphere anyway and have a good time.probably going to the most expensive p**sup anyway.just wondering what would happen if we had a ground capacity of 70,,000 how would share out the tickets then??
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #93: May 21, 2007 11:19:59 pm
      Estimated around 15,000 going without tickets.

I assume you mean if we had a ground capacity of 70,000 - I would imagine it would be even more of a nightmare to sort out an allocation of 11,000 then.

That though is  aproblem for another day.  Maybe you would have to be undergo some kind of LFC History quiz?
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #94: May 22, 2007 12:56:43 pm
      Yes! Like the idea JD.  John Aldridge presents Liverpool FC Blockbusters.  Which "A" is a city in which Liverpool lifted their 6th European Cup?  (am i bored or what)
      Lost out on my final chance of tickets on Friday.  Guy in Glasgow offered me 2 for £600 which is less than i paid for Isanbul.  it was the highest i could pay with the fact i still had to get flights so i lost out when two blokes offered him £800.  A couple of scousers though apparently so good luck to them, hope they have a great time.  Touts are a fcuking pain though
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #95: May 26, 2007 06:28:43 pm
      Hi, I have two tickets for the Champions League Final to sell, £5,000 each.

If anyone's interested please e-mail me at oneweektoolate@yahoo.co.uk

:D :D :D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #96: May 26, 2007 07:38:43 pm
      Hi, I have two tickets for the Champions League Final to sell, £5,000 each.

If anyone's interested please e-mail me at oneweektoolate@yahoo.co.uk

:D :D :D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply